Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Shooting Stars ❯ My Kingdom ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: The following goes for the entire collection: I do not claim ownership of Kingdom Hearts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------

"Hey Riku?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we'll be together forever?"

There was silence...

"Riku?"

There was more silence...

"RIKU?"

“Hm, what?”

“How come you’re so spaced out lately?”

“I’ve been thinking…” he trailed off. Shifting his position on the tree. “If there are other worlds out there, why were we put on this one?”

“You’re avoiding the question Riku…” the brunette remarked leaving the warmth of his friend’s shoulder and sitting upright. Riku frowned and tried to move closer. Resulting in the pouting teen to move away.

“Hey… C’mon, don’t be like that. I didn’t mean anything. Besides,” he stood from his spot, “those two things are both connected.”

Calmed down, he quietly asked, “They are?”

“Of course. Nobody can be with someone physically forever. That’s impossible.”

“Well, yeah… Now that you think about it…”

“What matters,” Riku took a deep breath, “Is that we remember each other. Right here,” he pointed to the other boys heart. “You’ll remember up there,” motioning to his head, “by down there. That’s what hearts are for.”

“If I remember you, you’ll remember me right?”

“Of course.”

“Why?”

Startled, Riku moved away. “Why? You’re my best friend! I care about you.”

“Why?”

“Ah… Well I…” looking away.

“Well I what?” moving closer.

“Heh,” he chuckled loosely before embracing the shorter one. He smiled at the squeak of surprise. “Wanna know why?” He leaned close to his ear. “Let’s just put it this way… Sora’s the only kingdom I need.” Letting go as quickly as he had hugged him in the first place.

“Riku, what di--,” blushing a bright red as he moved towards Riku.

Riku kept a straight face until he suddenly burst into a full broad grin. “GOTCHA!”

“Huh?” Sora gaped in surprise. “Hey! No fair, you were joking!”

“Hm, did you not want me to be kidding?”

“Uh…NO! Y-you suck Riku!” running off from his best friend completely red faced.

Riku retook his seat on the tree, plucking off a piece of Papou fruit. Tossing it into the air and catching it repeatedly. “Hmp, when he gets older, he’ll understand. It’s funny, I wasn’t lying when I said my kingdom was with him…” A devious smile appeared on his face. “I’ll race him tomorrow and give him this. Maybe he’ll get it then.”

And with that Riku pocketed the fruit and headed on home. Eagerly awaiting what tomorrow’s plans would reveal.