Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Sora1/2 ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sora ½

By

Phoenix Hoshika



Chapter 2



Riku looked up at the sky then back down at the omunious looking springs of water. “I don’t like this place,” he thought looking around. Sora was nowhere in sight. “There’s going to be a bad storm coming. I better high tail it out of here before this place floods.” Riku thought feeling some rather large droplets of water fall from the sky on his face and arms.

“Sir, it very dangerous for you to be here!” The ranger yelled clearly from a safe distance as water splashed down into the springs.

Riku chuckled. “You don’t have to tell me twice.” He said in a hushed voice as he quickly but carefully made his way away from the springs.

The ranger sighed with relief when the boy made it over to him and Sora. “You very lucky not to have fallen in,” the ranger said then went on to explain why, but Riku wasn’t listening.

“Sora, I hope you didn’t fall in one of these things and drown.” Riku thought staring back at the pools of water that were already overflowing.

“Sir, you aren’t thinking of going back there are you?” The ranger asked his voice steady but his expression portraying panic.

“No way,” Riku answered. “This place gives me the creeps,” he said then returned to the shack with Sora and the ranger.



The storm had past quickly dumping its fury on Jusenkyo then dissipated shortly after midnight. As if sensing this Sora woke up although still not completely rested. All night long the ranger told the two teens about the cursed springs.



Riku had fallen asleep where he sat and Sora was about to do the same until the ranger started to talk about the Spring of Drowned Maiden. Sora’s eyes snapped open. Looking over at Riku she made sure he was asleep before speaking. “You mean someone else fell in that freaky spring just like I did?”

“That be correct, but I don’t know why he and his father went back home to Japan before looking for Spring of Drowned Boy or Man.”

“They must have known how to change back without the use of the springs.” Sora determined.

“Maybe so, it would have been quite foolish to have left and not return after all this time. It must be a year now since then. Maybe they didn’t mind?” The ranger said then started laughing.

Riku’s head suddenly jerked up startling them both for some reason. Then just as suddenly the boy fell backwards on the floor still sleeping. Sora and the ranger sweat dropped.

“Do you remember their names,” Sora asked the guide.

“Yes, they said their family name was Saotome. The father, who fell into the Spring of Drowned Panda name was Genma and his son name was Ranma, he turn into cute red head girl.” The man chuckled.

“But my hair isn’t red,” Sora pointed out touching the shoulder length spikey brown hair with her thumb and index finger. “My hair just seems to have gotten a little longer that’s all.”

“You take a good look in mirror yet?” The man asked. “Curse always cause complete transformation, so that hardly anything be the same,” he informed handing a Sora a mirror he pulled out of nowhere.

Sora let out a stifled gasp. “He wasn’t kidding.” Sora thought looking at the image that stared back from the mirror. Sora beheld a pretty attractive looking girl with soft brown amber eyes, her lips a rose petal pink. Making a nervous sound Sora couldn’t help but blush feeling even more uncomfortable than she already was. Turning the mirror over she placed it on the table.



“I have to find Ranma Saotome.” Sora thought standing up and quietly leaving the shack. It was sun set some days later by the time she reached the shore line. Pulling out a map she looked longingly at the island country marked Japan. Looking at the water she sighed. “How am I supposed to get across this,” she wondered out loud putting the map away. Then suddenly Sora fell unconscious her body lifting from the ground as she fell backward then was carried in the sky swiftly over the ocean. At daybreak Sora opened her eyes to find herself falling upside down from the sky. “Huh?” She uttered a familiar and unpleasant feeling of déjà vu washing over her. Gasping Sora hit the ocean with a splash. Turning right side up she quickly swam to the surface wildly looking around for land and found it. Swimming toward it with all her might Sora made it to the sandy shore in no time flat. “Did I make it?” Sora wondered noting the beach looked a bit different from the one in China. Falling to her knees Sora was panting with exhaustion. After taking a few minutes to catch her breath Sora stood back up and proceeded inland and from there on continued traveling without rest.



Reaching Tokyo her energy and will to move on was spent. Sora was tired and had not eaten for days. Wearily she walked along the street the occasional headlights from a passing car jerking her back to the waking world. Sora walked aimlessly with her head down not paying attention to wear she was going or really caring at that point, but came to a halt when she bumped into someone wearing a green Chinese styled outfit.

“Hey are you okay?” A voice asked.

“I need to find Ranma Saotome.” Sora replied absent mindedly.

“You need to what? Why are you looking for me?” Ranma asked surprised.

“I need to…” Sora began but fainted.



“So this girl was looking for you?” Nabiki asked staring at the unconscious girl lying on a futon in the living room.

“Yeah, but I don’t know why.” Ranma answered curiously staring at her.

“Another fiancée perhaps,” Nabiki wondered out loud.

“Hey, don’t even joke about something like that,” Ranma said not liking the idea at all of having yet another fiancée.

“I wasn’t joking,” Nabiki said dejectedly. “Face it Ranma. Out of all the times a mysterious girl appears looking for you how many times has she not been your fiancée?”

Sora then woke up moaning the wet cloth place on her head falling into her lap as she sat up. “Where am I,” Sora asked rubbing her eyes. Looking up the first person she saw was Ranma. You! You’re Ranma Saotome right?’ Sora said excitedly getting a bit too close to Ranma for comfort.

“Yeah so?” Ranma answered leaning back.

“Ranma!” Genma yelled running through the house until he reached the boy kicking him so hard he went flying straight out of the house and into the koi pond outside. Thankfully for the Tendous the door was open.

“What did ya do that for old man?” Ranma screamed popping out of the water.

“No way…” Sora said confounded and utterly disappointed and shocked by Ranma’s transformation from male to female.

“Oh, don’t let it bother you this kind of thing happens all the time.” Nabiki informed.

“I see.” Sora said still feeling out of sorts as she continued to watch Ranma and his father fight.

“What the heck’s your problem?!” Ranma screamed as she dodged an attack.

“What’s my problem?! How dare you go get engaged to another girl without my consent!” Genma yelled furiously.

“Engaged?” Sora said wondering what the heck was going on.

“Isn’t that why you’re here?” Nabiki asked. “You are one of Ranma’s fiancées aren’t you?” She prodded as she sized Sora up wondering how to take advantage of her.

“Me?! NO WAY!” Sora shouted standing up.

“Oh my,” Nabiki said not expecting such a reaction.

“Wha-?” Genma uttered not paying attention to what he was doing and effortlessly knocked Ranma, who was about to attack him again, back into the water.

“Ugh! Ranma groaned coming out of the water. “Then why are you here?”

“I… um… well um. I just wanted to meet you that’s all, so now that I have I’ll be on my way.” Sora lied then turned to leave.

“Hey where are you going? It’s the middle of the night,” Ranma pointed out.

Sora stopped dead in her tracks sweat dropping. Ranma was right. Sora didn’t have a single yen on her. Just then her stomach growled breaking the silence.

“Oh my,” Kasumi said who had entered the room shortly after hearing the unfamiliar voice yelling. “Why don’t you stay the night at least? You can take a bath while I make you something to eat.” Kasumi offered.

“No I wouldn’t want to be any trouble.” Sora said trying to escape.

“But I insist.” Kasumi said graciously her voice holding only the slightest bit of sternness.

Lowering her head Sora sighed. “Okay,” she agreed and allowed Kasumi to show her to the bathroom.

“Here you can wear this until your clothes are clean,” Kasumi said handing Sora a pair of blue shorts and a pale blue short sleeved blouse.

“Thank you.” Sora said with a slight bow of her head.



Meanwhile Akane was finishing up an intense workout in the dojo. She heard the commotion but just ignored it figuring it was only Ranma and his father fighting again. Picking up her towel to the wipe sweat from her face for the umpteenth time she sweat dropped. The towel was soaked with sweat and didn’t smell too good after the repeated use during her workout. “Guess I better go clean up.” Akane thought pulling the towel away from her face.

Everyone was busy doing their own thing when Akane came into the house and she was glad for it not wanting any attention brought to herself until after she had taken a bath. She had almost made it upstairs when Kasumi walked by and noticed her. “Oh, we have a guest be sure to welcome her,” Akane’s oldest sister informed.

“Okay.” Akane answered happily then they both went about their business.

Sora sat in the tub soaking and sulking. He had been in the hot water for so long his skin was pruning up. “I’ll just have to keep being a girl while I’m here. If I accidentally got splashed or caught in the rain it would be too embarrassing. I better come out of here before they start wondering what’s going on.” Sora thought then got out of the tub.

Akane entered the bathroom not noticing the black outfit that seemed to obviously belong to a boy and begin to undress. Picking up her shampoo and conditioner she slid open the door that led to the wash area just as Sora was about to turn on the shower head and splash himself with cold water. They both gasped from surprise. Akane scared senseless just stood there for a moment before she could bring herself to move. Her body felt like led as she tried to step away all the while wondering how something like this could happen again and honestly believed that this time a pervert really had snuck into the house. After all there was no way their new guest was a gender changing freak like Ranma. To Akane the odds of something like that happening again were seemingly impossible.

Sora panicked noticing her slight movement and acted before he knew what he was doing. Dashing toward the frightened girl he slammed her against the wall covering her mouth. “Please don’t say anything.” He pleaded. It’d be too embarrassing if they found out I wasn’t really a girl, so please…” Sora said tears coming from his eyes. He then realized how unnecessarily rough he was being and let her go. “I- I’m sorry.” Sora stuttered shocked by his own behavior.

As soon as he released her Akane darted away dressing in record time, then ran through the house nearly breaking the sound barrier, and jumped into the koi pound. Everyone looked out the open door bewildered. Akane kept her head underwater as she let out a blood curdling scream that was completely muted by the water. Resurfacing she gasped for air. “Ah! That was refreshing,” Akane declared then came out of the pound.

“Akane honey, are you alright,” her father asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Akane answered smiling broadly.

“Are you sure,” Soun asked again not convinced.

“I said I was fine.” Akane answered with somewhat of a growl. Pretending to be calm and collected she walked past the occupants of the house who were gathered at the door. Not wanting to be questioned further she decided to go to her room. Passing Sora in the hallway she stopped for a second to look at the attractive girl who had stopped as well. Giving her nervous glance Sora wanted to say something but decided against it since she was unable to look Akane in the eye again and was afraid of what might happen if she opened her mouth, especially since it seemed Akane had not told anyone about her yet. Having quickly realized who the girl was Akane avoided eye contact as well and the two immediately went their separate directions.



~*~*~ End of chapter 2 ~*~*~