Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Sora1/2 ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sora1/2

by

Phoenix Hoshika



Chapter 3



That night Sora had bitten off more than she could swallow, but not without getting a stomach ache. After taking some medicine for indigestion she went to sleep in the Tendou’s spare guest room. Becoming restless in her slumber she begin tossed and turned on the futon she was lying on before becoming still again. The blanket that was over her long since discarded beneath her feet. Opening her eyes she found herself staring up at a pair of familiar blue ones.

“Roxas?” Sora said not believing her eyes as she stared up at the boy whose face was only a hair away from hers.

“Hey.” Roxas grinned.

“What are you doing,” Sora asked. “Get off of me.” She said knocking the boy from on top of her onto the floor flat his back then sat up. “What’s the big idea?” Sora asked angrily but in a hushed voice.

Roxas sat up sitting beside her. “Man, did you really have to hit me so hard?” Roxas grumbled rubbing his head. “Why did you hit me in the first place?” He said looking over at the girl.

“You’re heavy and I could barely breathe,” Sora answered.

“Is that so,” Roxas questioned not convenienced.

“Yes it is!” Sora protested. “What, how, why are you here?” She asked excitedly quickly changing the subject.

“Greif, calm down,” Roxas replied. “It’s no big deal. I do it all the time.”

“Do what all the time?” Sora wondered not catching on.

“When you’re sleep I go take a walk or something and come back before you wake up.”

“You what,” Sora said nearly shouting.

“Shh!” Roxas said covering her mouth.

“I said I go take a walk and do other stuff.” Roxas repeated taking his hand away from her lips.

“What other stuff,” Sora asked suspicious.

“A little of this and a little of that,” Roxas answered mischievously. Sora groaned about ready to fight. “Relax.” Roxas smiled. “I usually just hang out with Naneme or something.” The blond haired boy answered leaning back on his hands. “Though, I haven’t seen her in a while. So, what’s with you?”

“Huh?” Sora said caught off guard by the sudden question.

“What’s with you leaving Riku in China?”

“If I told him the truth he’d never let me live it down. He’d make fun of me everyday until I die. I don’t think I could handle it.” Sora admitted.

“So you’re saying you can handle leaving him here if another portal opens?” Roxas questioned.

“I never said anything abut leaving him!” Sora said defensively.

“Shh!” Roxas said again holding his index finger to his lips.

“You should know better than anyone that I’d never do something like that.” Sora whispered.

“You left him in China didn’t you?” Roxas argued.

“But that’s different. As long as we’re in the same world it should be fine.” Sora countered.

“Yeah, cause China is just across the street from here isn’t?” Roxas said winning the argument.

“You’re right. Sora said bringing her knees to her face. “I should go back and tell him huh?”

“I never said anything like that.” Roxas pointed out.

Sora turned and looked at the boy sitting beside her indignantly. “But you-.”

“I just said you shouldn’t have left him in China.” Roxas said cutting her off.

“And how was I supposed to get him to come here without telling him who I was,” Sora asked irritated.

“I don’t know use your feminine whiles or something.” Roxas grinned.

“My what?!” Sora hissed.

Roxas chuckled.

“Hey,” Sora began looking hard at the blond teen beside her. “Why didn’t you change too?” Sora wondered staring at him.

“Hmm… good question.” Roxas said as if wondering why himself.

“You must have taken a bath or something.” Sora said certain of it. “There’s no way I could have changed and you not change too.”

“Yes there is.” Roxas smiled.

“You’re lying.” Sora accused.

“No I’m not.” Roxas said almost laughing.

“Then prove it.” Sora challenged.

“I’m not proving anything to you.” Roxas said denying her challenge.

“Huh?” They both uttered hearing footsteps.

“Someone’s coming.” Roxas said a hint of worry in his voice as he placed his hand on Sora’s. The boy closed his eyes as if concentrating. “It’s not happening fast enough like this.” He said opening his eyes suddenly grabbing Sora wrapping his arms around her and squeezing her.

“What are you…” Sora said her voice trailing off. Squinting Sora shuddered as a chill ran down her spine. Opening her eyes she found herself alone in the room again.

“Now do you understand why I only do this when you’re sleeping? You’d probably loose your head if I did it when you were awake.” Roxas’ voice said in her mind.

“Yeah, thanks… I think.” Sora whispered recovering from the unpleasant sensation.

“Sora?” Kasumi said opening the door. “Is everything alright? I thought I heard voices.”

“Yeah, it’s just me talking to myself.” Sora grinned.

“Well, okay then. Be sure to get some rest.” Kasumi said with a hint of concern then left.

“Sora sighed heavily then laid back down and went to sleep.



It was mid day when Riku climbed ashore in Japan. The very morning after the night girl Sora had left Riku got a feeling that he needed to move on as well. His journey led him to the harbor where he ended up boarding a fishing liner. He spent his time working as a temporary crew member gutting and separating fish until a tidal wave overtook the ship knocking him from it during the night. Once the storm died down and morning had come the crew said a prayer for the boy they thought had been lost at sea.

Riku panted heavily paying no mind to the crowd of people that scattered in fear of him. No one saw him swimming to the shore probably too distracted having fun and the sight of the gray haired teen suddenly coming out of the water onto shore was almost terrifying. Stand up straight Riku pulled a tangled mess of sea weed from his hair and clothing and continued in land. Everyone watched him with a cautious eye until he was out of view then continued playing as if nothing had happened.

For the longest Riku managed to walk along the streets of Tokyo as if there wasn’t a thing wrong with him but suddenly the fatigue finally caught up to him. Tripping on the sidewalk Riku hit the ground and found himself unable to move. “Uuugh!” He groaned in pain when someone stepped on his back.

“Ah!” The person exclaimed quickly lifting his foot off of him. “You idiot! What the hell are you doing taking a nap in the middle of the street?!” A dark haired boy with a polka-dot bandanna around his head said practically screaming. Looking at Riku more carefully he kneeled down and nudged him. “Hey are you okay?”

Riku tried to say something but all he could manage was an unintelligible utterance.

“Hold on I’ll get you to a doctor!” The boy said picking Riku up and carrying him over his shoulders. “A hospital a hospital, where is a hospital!” Ryouga Hibiki thought as he ran desperately searching for anything that looked like one. Hearing Riku sigh Ryouga panicked. “Don’t you die on me,” He screamed then barged right through the front gate and into the living room of the first house he saw. “Somebody help!” He yelled.

“Ryouga?” Akane said rushing into the room along with everyone else that was home.

“I found this guy just lying in the street.” Ryouga said putting Riku down.

“Oh my,” Kasumi said covering her mouth.

“What happened to him?” Nabiki wondered as she looked at him.

“How should I know?” Ryouga snapped.

“Everyone calm down.” Soun said trying to gain control of the situation. He put his hand on Riku’s forehead and checked for a pulse. “He’s still alive so there’s nothing to worry about.” He announced and everyone fell over crashing to the floor.

Sora was coming down the stairs when Ryouga suddenly burst into the Tendou home, but seeing who he was carrying on his back she stayed out of site and was presently peering into the livingroom to see what was going on.

“Sora, be a dear and get some hot water and medicine for our friend here.” Soun said having looked up and saw her.

Startled Sora stood up from her crouched position on the floor. “Yes sir.” She said and ran off reluctantly to get the items requested.



After a while Riku was up and about again despite the high fever he was running When the Tendous found out he had no place to go they invited him to stay with them until he was feeling better. Concerned about her friend Sora peered for a split second into the livingroom where Riku sat eating a bowl of rice and drinking green tea. Taking a deep breath Sora entered the room.

“How are you feeling,” she asked sitting down in front of him.

Riku nearly choked on the rice he was gobbling down straight from the bowl. Putting it down took a quick gulp of the warm tea then spoke. “What are you doing here?” He asked surprised to see the girl he had meet in China again.

“Long story,” Sora said rubbing her head. “What about you, what are you doing here?”

“I got tossed from a boat.” Riku answered flatly almost seeming to appear ashamed of the event.

‘What?” Sora exclaimed. “Are you okay?” She asked excitedly.

“I’m alive aren’t I?” Riku answered then stood up.

“Hey, where are you going?” Sora asked coming to her feet as well.

“To bed,” Riku answered then proceeded to leave the room.

“Oh, ok then. Good night.” Sora said then looked at the clock hanging from the wall. “It’s kind of late I guess I better go to bed too.”

Upstairs Riku was already lying down in the guest room when Sora opened the door. “Huh?” Riku uttered sitting up sweat dropping.

“Oh, Sora didn’t anyone tell you?” Kasumi said coming down the hall from the bathroom. “You’ll be sharing Akane’s room.” She said sleepily as she passed her.

“No way,” Sora thought suddenly feeling light headed.

“Are you going to stand there all night?” Riku asked catching Sora’s attention.

“Oh yeah… sorry,” Sora said and closed the door. “Where am I going to sleep? I can’t share a room with her.” Sora thought sliding down to the floor. “Guess I’ll just sleep out here tonight.” She thought closing her eyes.



~*~