Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The Keyblade Master's Daughter ❯ “What’s Left Of Me Now?” ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
 
I don't own Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. Square Enix does. And I also don't own “Sanctuary” (or “Passion”) because I make a reference to it. That belongs to Utada Hikaru.
 
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!! This fanfic still has spoilers from Kingdom Hearts II. Read at your own risk!
 
Chapter Five: “What's Left Of Me Now?”
 
“In you and I, there a new land,
Angels in Flight,
I need more affection than you know
My Sanctuary, My Sanctuary
Where fears and lies
Melt away…”
 
Kagiana dreamt of a starry night in Radiant Garden, her mother singing to her while beside her crib.
 
“I watch you fast asleep
All I fear means nothing…”
 
What she wouldn't give to hear her mother again…the dream brought tears to her eyes. Then the voice of a male broke through.
 
“Kagi. Kagi, wake up.”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Kagiana bolted awake. It was Heart Riku. She was back in the gummi ship after saying goodbye to Kaorin, Akaitou, and Mukohime again, and after they promised once again to check up on Kairi.
 
“What?”
 
“Your father wants to visit a world.”
 
“What one is that?”
 
“Heard of a place called Twilight Town?”
 
“No, why?”
 
“Supposedly someone there knows about Roxas.”
 
She remembered the blonde man that looked like her father. “Who?”
 
“I don't know,” Heart Riku said. “Ask him.”
 
Kagiana got up and went over to Sora.
 
“Who's this person in Twilight Town?”
 
“Someone named Yen Sid,” Sora said as he typed in the coordinates for Twilight Town. “He was the King's teacher.”
 
“King Mickey Mouse?” Kagiana said incredulously.
 
“Yep. He helped me too. He should know something about Roxas's Organization.”
 
“What was Organization XIII, anyway? I'm still not clear about that.”
 
Sora sighed. “Organization XIII was a group of thirteen very powerful Nobodies. They're powerful because they were before becoming Nobodies. Nobodies like Organization XIII are created when a strong-willed person loses their heart. Anyway, these Nobodies wanted Kingdom Hearts to get hearts to be complete. And they tried to use me, too…every time a Heartless is killed, it releases a heart, and the heart goes to Kingdom Hearts…put two and two together and there's trouble.”
 
“Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all worlds, right?”
 
“Yes. Roxas was Number XIII in Organization XIII.”
 
“Did you ever fight any members of Organization XIII?”
 
“Ten of them—including Roxas. I didn't fight Number V, VI, or VIII. One of them sacrificed himself, and Riku took care of the other two.” Sora looked at the VM screen. “We're here. We'll have to ride the train to Yen Sid's tower. All ready?”
 
Kagiana and Heart Riku nodded.
 
“Then let's go.”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
They got off at the Central Station of Twilight Town. A world in limbo between light and dark, a perpetual sunset, as was described in one of her father's journals. Sora walked towards the boarding area, and only one train was there: a bright orange one.
 
“It's not here,” Sora said.
 
“Did we miss it?” Kagiana said.
 
“No,” Sora said. “Someone's going there too.”
 
“His Majesty, maybe?” Heart Riku suggested.
 
“Unlikely…well, there's only one thing we can do. We wait for the train.”
 
And so Sora, Kagiana, and Heart Riku sat down and waited.
 
They saw many people board the orange train. Sora smiled as he saw a group board the train. One was a blonde man, a pudgy dark-haired man, and a slender, brown-haired woman.
 
“It really has been awhile,” Sora said. “Know them, Riku?”
 
Heart Riku looked up. “Hey, those were Roxas's friends, right?”
 
“Yep. Hayner, Pence, and Olette. Think they remember him?”
 
“Probably not,” Heart Riku said. “Roxas existed in the alternate Twilight Town.”
 
“True.”
 
As the orange train left, Sora looked back at it. “Poor Roxas…even I understand why he wants to be a true being. I feel kinda sorry for him, sometimes.”
 
Kagiana looked at the sunset, and she said, “Roxas lived here?”
 
“Not exactly. There was once two Twilight Towns.”
 
Kagiana gave her father a rather confused look. Sora readjusted himself on the bench and explained himself again.
 
“You see, Ansem the Wise made two Twilight Towns: The original and the alternate, which Roxas lived in. The founding members of Organization XIII were Ansem the Wise's apprentices; Xehanort stole his name and performed horrible experiments on people's hearts. So Ansem the Wise wanted revenge. In order to do that, he needed me. But I…” Sora stopped short. “Was asleep. In Castle Oblivion, recovering my memories. I don't remember anything about that, only because Riku told me can I tell you. Anyway, since I was needed to help Ansem the Wise, he sent Riku to defeat Roxas. He didn't the first time, but the second time was the charm. Roxas was put in the alternate Twilight Town until my memories were complete…then he was reabsorbed.”
 
“But then he got free.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Hey Sora, did Roxas have any memory of you?”
 
“Nope. He only knows since he was a part of me for twenty-three years.”
 
A train slowed and then stopped in the station. It was dark blue, patterned with yellow stars.
 
“That's us,” Sora said, leaping off of the bench. “C'mon.”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
The train led to a tall tower, where a very large pointed blue sorcerer's hat with white stars rested on it, not unlike a real person. Sora, Heart Riku, and Kagiana disembarked from the train, and Kagiana gasped in awe.
 
“Whoah,” Kagiana said. “This Zen dude lives here?”
 
“Yen Sid,” Sora corrected. “And yes.”
 
But as they stepped forward…the white creatures appeared.
 
“Heartless?”
 
“Nobodies,” Sora said, unsheathing the Keyblade. “Dusk Nobodies. One of Roxas's Organization was here.”
 
The Dusk Nobodies rocked side to side on the spot, then launched at the trio. They tore through with their Keyblades, but more reappeared. A Nobody appeared that was different from the Dusks. It had multiple swords, and a helmet. On the helmet was the Nobody insignia.
 
“A Samurai,” Sora said. “Roxas was here…”
 
The Dusks quickly fell to Sora and Heart Riku, but they easily escaped from Kagiana. She ran at them, but they slithered in midair, craftily avoiding her.
 
“Let me show you a trick,” Sora finally said to his frustrated daughter. He ran at the Dusks, then quick as lightning slid around a full 180 degrees and slashed the Dusks, defeating them.
 
“You try.”
 
Kagiana ran at them, then slid around. The Dusks looked around, confused, but soon Kagiana ripped through them. When only the Samurai was left, Sora bent down, holding the Keyblade at his hip, and the Samurai did the same.
 
“Get back!” Heart Riku yelled at Kagiana.
 
Sora and the Nobody were fixed in that position, until Sora zoomed forward, a black blur, which effectively defeated the Nobody.
 
Sora wiped sweat from off his brow, then spat out blood. “I'm not as young as I used to be, it seems. I break a sweat from an easy battle like that.”
 
“Are you okay?” Kagiana said, running to her father. She saw the blood, and then remembered about his wound.
 
“I'm fine. Let's go inside. I need to see if Yen Sid is okay. Roxas was here, which is trouble…”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Meanwhile, as Sora, Heart Riku, and Kagiana fought off the Nobodies, Roxas was indeed in Yen Sid's chamber. He faced the sorcerer, his blue eyes like dark sapphires in darkness.
 
“This is for Sora.”
 
“Why do you think I will give it to him?”
 
“Because I know you, and I know he is here.”
 
“Why don't you give it to him yourself?”
 
“I have better things to do than talk to him.” He flipped the paper onto Yen Sid's desk.
 
“Roxas,” Yen Sid said, “Why are you doing this?”
 
Roxas put his hood back on. “Because,” he said under the darkness cast by the hood, “I'm tired of being no-one.”
 
And on that note, Roxas walked back into the sphere of darkness.
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
There weren't any Dusk Nobodies up in Yen Sid's stairway-however, Samurai were rampant. They fought through them with ease (Sora and Heart Riku used that special move on them, but when Kagiana tried, the Samurai ended up being faster than her and she eventually ended up hacking it to oblivion), all the way up the tower.
 
Sora knocked at the door, and it opened by itself. When they entered, a rather old man was sitting at a desk.
 
“Master Yen Sid—the Nobodies—“
 
“Roxas was here, yes,” he said calmly. “He left this.”
 
The piece of paper flew into Sora's hands. It read:
 
Sora:
XIII Ghosts is different from Organization XIII.
You underestimate the power of special bonds.
They were independent.
We work together.
Unlike you and your daughter.
 
Roxas: I Ghost.
 
Baka!” Sora roared. “When did—“
 
“Shortly before you came in,” Yen Sid replied.
 
Sora reread the note then gave it to Heart Riku. “What did he mean by bonds?”
 
Yen Sid looked at Sora. “Recall Organization XIII. Remember Axel, Number VIII?”
 
“He was Roxas's friend.”
 
“Roxas is using that sort of bond—friendship, kinship—to strengthen the powers of his members. He also encourages feigning emotion, something not done by Xemnas. It gives the members a sense of normality.”
 
Sora sighed. “So…when did Roxas create XIII Ghosts?”
 
“Shortly after he separated from you, he founded XIII Ghosts with Riku's Nobody.”
 
“Riku, you have a Nobody?” Kagiana asked.
 
“Heart Riku is Riku's soul,” Yen Sid explained. “The Nobody is his body. Kixur, as he is called, is II Ghost.”
 
“Kixur…” Kagiana repeated. “Then Heartless Riku is your heart, right, Riku? If we got you and Kixur and Heartless Riku together, would you be complete again?”
 
“I don't know,” Heart Riku said sadly.
 
“Riku was a special case,” Yen Sid explained. “Normally when someone loses their heart, their body and soul becomes a Nobody while their heart becomes a Heartless. Riku's body and soul split as well. It was because he embraced both light and darkness. Kixur is unique, as he shares no bond in XIII Ghosts. He probably does not need a bond.”
 
Sora nodded. “Do you know where he is? Roxas, I mean?”
 
“That I do not know,” Yen Sid said.
 
Sora looked down at the note again. “That baka…well, for now we need to look for Kairi's heart. Roxas will appear when he does…Thank you, Master Yen Sid.”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
They boarded the gummi ship again.
 
“Where next?” Kagiana said.
 
Sora looked at the map. “Hmm…these two.”
 
He pointed to two worlds at the bottom of the map.
 
“That's the Land of Dragons to the right,” he said, pointing to a world covered in snow. “And to the left is Beast's Castle. Which one do you want to go to?”
 
“Land of Dragons,” Kagiana said quickly (because it looked interesting to her), but Sora looked pretty doubtful. “Hey, let's play janken to decide.”
 
“You're on! Winner chooses next world.”
 
Both father and daughter said, “Jan ken pon!
 
Kagiana looked at her hand, then at her father's. “HAH! I win! Stone beats scissors!”
 
Sora looked at his hand and muttered, “Damn it. Fine. We'll pay Mulan a visit.”
 
“Who?”
 
“You'll see.”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
As Kagiana slept, she dreamt of her mother again. She was still singing, still at her crib…
 
“Music in time,
I need more affection than you know
What's left of me,
What's left of me now?”
 
Only a memory of you, Kagiana thought sadly, then fell asleep as a tear dripped from her eye.
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Yen Sid: The Sorcerer from the first Fantasia. (If you notice, it's Disney backwards.)
Hayner, Pence, Olette: Roxas's friends in Roxas's Prologue of KH2
Janken: Japanese Rock-Paper-Scissors
Baka: Idiot
 
The lyrics for “Sanctuary” come from animelyrics.com. I did not write the lyrics supplied on that site.
 
Kathryne DeTamble's Current Thoughts:
 
Finally, my rewrite complete!!! Anyway, until next time! Sayonara!