Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Twilight's Requiem ❯ The Hoshi Islands ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Suzuru: This is my very first attempt at a Reader/Insert (?) fic, so please, be nice. No flames of Any kind. I will accept all comments, and help if you would. I always proofread all my work but please forgive me if you happen to find any typographical, spelling and grammar errors.
I thank you for cooperating with me as we go through the story.

Disclaimer: Characters affiliated with Square Enix and Disney do not belong to me in any way shape or form.

Warnings/Notice: This is an alternate novel version of the Kingdom Hearts I, Kingdom Hearts: CoM, and Kingdom Hearts II. Not everything may seem as it is in the games. Nevertheless, there will be spoilers...oh yes. There will be spoilers. So if you haven't played the games, and are going to and you read this, please don't flame. You have been fairly warned.

In addition, I have added new things, I hope they suit your fancy. I have detailed this story to the best of my ability. I want all readers to enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoy typing it. ( It's my pride and joy. ^_^ )

Pairings: Reader~(?)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Angst Suspense, Fantasy, Supernatural and Romance.
Story Summary: This is the story of a girl named Hikari. A girl with a desire to venture to other worlds. When her home was in danger, she woke to find herself in a strange place. A year later, she meets a boy, that's when the true adventure beings. Excited about being able to travel to different worlds and eras, she joins the boy on his quest for the truth.
New friends, New enemies, New experiences, New found power and wisdom. From light to darkness, this is the story of an undying tragic love.
Muse(s): Sora (Kingdom Hearts.) Hiei (Yuu Yuu Hakusho.)Akabane (GetBackers.) Eyes Rutherford (Spiral.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twilight's Requiem Prologue - "The Hoshi Islands."

It was a fairly serene day. The golden rays of the sun shone down on the crystal blue waters as a fair skinned girl sat on the white sandy beach the crisp sea breeze caressing the sides of her porcelain face, her curly slivery-blue locks swaying to the sides. She fiddled with the pink thalassa shells in her hand, attempting to construct a bracelet for her friend. She sighed tiredly as azure eyes looked out at the ocean.
She laid down in the sand and closed her eyes, slowly drifting into a peaceful sleep. Minutes later an illegible female voice called out for her.
"Hikari!!!"
Hikari opened an eye and saw her best friend Pyrena, mere inches away from her. Hikari's eyes widened and she said indignantly "I was trying to take a nap." Pyrena laughed and her scarlet colored hair caressed the sides of her round face. Her emerald eyes gleamed with excitement as she said happily " I wanna show you something!" she grabbed Hikari's hand and ran off into town.
Hikari waved as she saw a few familiar face in town, and a confused Hikari stopped and asked her friend "Where are we going?" Pyrena smiled and said "To the secret cave on the other side of the island!" she pointed to the forest on the edge of town and ran off. Hikari followed, wonder what was so important in the hidden cove.
After a few minutes of running, they reached the cave entrance, and Pyrena pushed her in. Hikari stumbled, but kept walking forward and deeper into the damp dark cave. They got to an opening and stopped. Haunting images adorned the walls and sunbeams poked through the rock to give the surrounding area a bit of light.
Pyrena ran to the deepest point of the cave an gestured for Hikari to follow. She casually walked forward and stopped to stare at the sight before her. An ebony door, with a silver lining and a strange insignia stood tall. Hikari stepped closer and placed a hand on the door, her small hands slowly searched for a knob. But, alas there was none. She placed a hand on the strange emblem and a deep mellow voice echoed in her head.
"This world, has been connected...Tied to the darkness..."
Hikari, being startled by the strange voice yelped and looked around, questioning where the mysterious voice came from. Pyrena turned and asked "What's wrong?" a worried expression plastered on her delicate features. Hikari looked at her dumbfounded and asked "You didn't hear that voice!?" Pyrena shook her head sadly and said "Come on, I think the sun is getting to your head." Hikari shook it off and gave a fake smile saying "Yeah, the sun is kind of hot today. Let's go home." Pyrena nodded and set off to the exit. Hikari turned and gave the door one last look and asked herself quietly "Who was that..." she heard Pyrena calling for her and she made her way out the cave, the eerie voice still seeming to echo in her head the long walk home.
It was early in the evening, but Hikari slowly made her way upstairs to her room. She had been staying at an orphanage run by her friend Ryujin's family after the incident six years ago. Hikari sighed as she sat by the window reflecting on the day's events. The orangey-pink sky held somewhat of a sad look and the dark clouds didn't help either.

She got up and went downstairs to eat dinner. When she came back up the sun was set and the quarter moon was outshining the twinkling stars. Hikari rummaged through her draws looking for her prized possession. She pulled out a silver staff with a sapphire colored orb floating on top and surrounded by seven silver rings. the bottom had small wings.
She twirled the staff around and pointed it at the window. She looked out and saw it was pouring outside. She gasped and exclaimed "The seedlings will drown!" she ran outside with a sheet to cover her plants.
Something wasn't right though, water was falling from the sky, but the ground wasn't wet. Hikari gazed around the island and saw Pyrena, walking toward the secret place. When she took a step forward, she heard an explosion coming from the town. her eyes widened in horror and she ran off to see what was going on.
What she saw left her in tears. The villagers were scattered and hurt, and the town was being invaded by hundreds upon hundred of pure ebony creatures, their pale yellow eyes seemed to pierce through Hikari's soul and cut her pride. In the clearing, she saw Pyrena in a dazed state still making her way toward the cave, passing through like, not minding her surroundings.
Hikari tried to find and opening but there was none. She got into a pose and drove her weapon into the earth and cried out "FIRAGA!!" the earth rippled under her and a burst of flame erupted from the ground, blasting away several hundred in the area. She ran ahead after her friend hoping the worst hadn't occurred.
She slashed her was through the black monstrosities, and saw the entrance to the secret place. Hikari fell to her knees drenched with perspiration, and breathing heavily. She looked up and around to see if the coast was clear, and got up slowly to proceed.
Hikari ran to the place where the door was located and gasped in horror to see her friend lying motionless on the floor. Hikari dropped her staff and called out her name.
"PYRENA!" She knelt by her side and laid her head in her lap her once light tanned complexion pale and grim.
Just as before, the same deep voice echoed in her head.
"All worlds shall return to the darkness from wince it came...In the end, all things are the same..." Hikari clutched the sides of her head and screamed "WHAT'S GOING ON!?" but nothing answered her but the heavy winds blowing outside. Pyrena stirred in her lap and said weakly "Hi...ka...ri..." she looked down her companion and said "You'll be okay! I promise!" Pyrena's back arched in pain and she coughed. Hikari helped her up but as soon as she did, an invisible force drove her back and out the cave, leaving Pyrena behind.
Hikari landed hard on the ground, and she heard a bone crack. It was her wrist, not that she had her weapon anyway, so she had to endure the invasion. She rose and as soon as she did, the earth trembled it caused Hikari to stumble, but not fall.
She turned slowly to see a giant version of the miniature creatures she fought. Tears filled her eyes as she screamed for help, but none came. Hikari attempted to run, but she was surrounded by water. Without thinking, she jumped in and sunk to the depths of the ocean.
Something was wrong...she was breathing, despite the fact that she was submerged in water. Hikari touched the ocean floor and the obscurity cleared and to her surprise, she was standing on a platform.
"Choose your weapon...If you give it form, It shall give you strength..." Three tables surrounded her. One had a Sword on it, One as Shield, and the last a staff.
Hikari went to the sword and the voice said:
"Power of the Warrior, Invincible courage, A sword of terrible destruction..." She looked at the shield, it was beautiful, white and gold with little wings at the side with a golden glow. She hesitated when approaching the shield.
"Do not be afraid..." Hikari grabbed the shield and the voice said:
"Power of the Guardian, Kindness to aid friends, and Shield to repel all." Hikari’s face turned serious and she said "This is the power I choose." the tables disappeared and the voice said:
"What will you give up in exchange...?" Hikari glared over at the sword and said "I choose the sword." the voice said:
"You have chosen the form of the guardian." A door appeared in front of her and the voice instructed her to go through. She did so and found herself in her tree house, surrounded by her friends. She went up to Pyrena and Pyrena asked "What's most important to you?" Hikari thought about it and answered “Friendship“.
Pyrena smiled and said no more.
Hikari went on to the next person and they asked "What do you want out of life?" that answer was easy, she said "To see rare sights and venture to other worlds!" the person smiled and disappeared.
Hikari went to the third person and they asked "What are you afraid of?” Hikari thought about it and said "Being indecisive." that person smiled and said "Have a pleasant journey." they disappeared without saying another word.
The voice said:
"Your journey begins at dawn, As long as the sun is shining your journey should be a pleasant one." Hikari turned to Pyrena and she saw Pyrena extend her arm. Hikari smiled and took her hand. Her light voice echoed in her head saying:
"The door...has been opened..." Hikari didn't have time to question, as she was on the surface and facing the ebony monster again, she looked around and saw half her island destroyed. With newfound strength, she faced the monster but was to worn out to even fight. She came ashore and collapsed. The monster was about to strike but a man stood in front of Hikari, he was tall, and had shoulder length brown locks. He said something illegible and started to fight the beast.
Hikari tried to speak but no words came out of her mouth. Her eyelids grew heavy and then, darkness...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She woke at what seemed like days later in an unfamiliar room. She looked around and saw the man that saved her before she passed out. She asked in a scared voice "Where...where am I?" he opened his mouth and said "You are in a world unlike your own...You, are in Traverse Town."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suzuru: Hey guys! Did you like the prologue? If you have any questions/comments feel free to e-mail me! ^_^