Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Fires Within ❯ fires within ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fires Within 4
By: sage_libra
Pairing: Yuuram
Genre: Romance/Angst
Rating: PG-13 (may change)
 
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Wish I did. Hehe.
 
Warmth. Comfort.
 
Wolfram sighed, snuggling deeper into the source of those welcome feelings. It had been too long since he had had a good night's rest, and he was reluctant to put an end to it. However, the blond prince had never been one to laze in bed once the sun was up, and with a sigh, he opened his eyes.
 
And blinked at the tousled dark head lying squarely on his chest.
 
Shock must have petrified his brain, because for one long moment, Wolfram couldn't decide whether he was awake or dreaming. Dreaming, he thought haphazardly, taking in the boy practically draped over him. His gaze swept the bed, the room. Yuuri's bed. Yuuri's room. Definitely dreaming, he concluded bemusedly. Hesitantly, he lifted a hand to touch the raven locks. Yuuri murmured something beneath his breath, and Wolfram froze. But the king simply shifted, his leg burrowing deeper between Wolfram's, causing the blond to sweatdrop.
 
Oh sweet Shinou, Wolfram thought, torn between his body's instant response and growing hysteria, he was so screwed. On one hand he wished he could freeze the moment. Make it last forever. On the other, Yuuri could wake up any minute and Wolfram just knew he'd freak out. Not to mention the warning twinge at the back of his mind.
 
But staring at his reluctant fiancé - or so he thought - something inside him stirred, and unable to help himself, in spite of the migraine that threatened, he stroked Yuuri's dark hair with a gentleness he'd never admit to having.
 
However, cure or not, his deeply-ingrained sense of honor would not let him take advantage of the slumbering king, no matter how much he wanted to. He sighed resignedly and shook Yuuri's shoulder.
 
“Heika.”
 
Yuuri moaned and snuggled closer, burying his face against Wolfram's neck.
 
It was Wolfram's turn to groan then, as his burgeoning need flared to life, the throb of his body echoing closely the throbbing in his head.
 
“Yuuri!” He got out in a strangled voice, desperation leading him to call the king by his given name.
 
Responding as much to his name being uttered by the beloved voice as to the shaking, Yuuri stirred, the gray eyes drifting open slowly. Seeing him, they smiled. “Hi.” He bid dreamily. He shifted sleepily, only to stiffen, shocked eyes flying to Wolfram's face.
 
Wolfram couldn't help but color to the roots of his hair. There was no denying his body's response to Yuuri's nearness.
 
It was only then that Yuuri realized just how close he had gotten to his previously slumbering fiancé. His own face flamed, but he couldn't deny the thrill he felt at finally drawing a response from Wolfram. Thrill and a sudden surge of boldness. He grinned suddenly, further discomfiting the blond prince.
 
“Ah…ano…I -ah” Wolfram sputtered, eyes looking at everywhere but the boy practically on top of him.
 
“Yes, Wolf?” Yuuri drawled out rather smugly. It was so rare that he had the upper hand when dealing with his fiancé that he was quite understandably reluctant to relinquish it now.
 
Wolfram closed his eyes, shutting out the sight of smoldering dark eyes, struggling to regulate his breathing and control his unruly body.
 
Yuuri's breath hitched. Sweet lord, he thought faintly, he was just so adorable like this…flushed, out of control…he couldn't resist the impulse to push a little further.
 
“Feeling better?” He asked softly, ever-so-slowly leaning closer.
 
Wolfram's eyes snapped open, his brain belatedly registering the sudden nearness of Yuuri's voice. A second too late, as Yuuri's mouth landed lightly against his.
 
Wolfram felt one moment of exquisite pleasure before the pain exploded behind his eyes. He cried out, jerking back reflexively.
 
Yuuri stiffened in shock. He hadn't missed the softening of the lips beneath his, hadn't mistaken the yielding of the body he held. So what - he stared for one dumbfounded instant at Wolfram, who had curled around himself, his hands clutching desperately at his head.
 
“Wolf?” He queried, alarmed at the soft whimper of pain Wolfram emitted.
 
“My head…” Wolfram bit out through gritted teeth. “…hurts so bad…” Another groan and Yuuri was scrambling out of the bed. He was out of the door in seconds, down the hallway and pounding on Gisela's door. He didn't even think to try and heal Wolfram himself, panic driving all rational thought out of his head.
 
“Wolfram!” He gasped out when finally the healer opened the door.
 
To her credit Gisela didn't bother with useless questions. Rather she was running, Yuuri close behind her.
 
Upon reaching the cowering prince, Gisela quickly used her magic to ease the worst of the pain. “Rest, Wolfram.” She intoned in that strangely compelling tone. “Rest.”
 
Yuuri watched as the pain drained out of Wolfram's eyes and they fluttered close. With a sigh he was fast asleep.
 
Gisela made sure that the blond was comfortable before turning to Yuuri. “What happened, Heika?” She asked in a low voice.
 
The question caught Yuuri by surprise, and he colored.
 
“I-ah-well..we woke up…and…I, ah…we…”
 
“I need to know the truth, Heika, if I'm to figure out what's wrong with Wolfram.” Gisela cut in, making an effort to curb her impatience. It had to have been pretty monumental to draw such a violent reaction from the swordsman.
 
Yuuri took a deep breath. He really didn't want to go into details, least of all with someone whom he suspected had a vested interest in keeping him and Wolfram apart. But on the other hand, he couldn't take the chance that his lack of cooperation would cause Wolfram's condition to worsen.
 
“We kissed.” He mumbled in a low voice.
 
“What?” Gisela leaned closer.
 
“We kissed - that is - Ikissedhimandhewasstartingtokissmebackthenallhellbrokeloose.” Yuuri wouldn't have minded if the ground opened up and swallowed him at that point. He didn't think his face could have gotten any redder!
 
“Oh.” Gisela pinkened. She hadn't thought of that.
 
After an awkward silence, Yuuri took himself in hand and gamely swept self-consciousness aside. They were betrothed, he reasoned reasonably. They had every right - hell, it was even expected - to be intimate. That they hadn't been had been his choice. A choice he heartily regretted now. Besides, he chastised himself sternly, his embarrassment was of no concern right now. Wolfram was the one who needed help.
 
“What's wrong with him, Gisela?” He asked worriedly, no bravado or hostility now. He hadn't liked seeing Wolfram in so much pain. No, he had not liked it one bit, and he was prepared to do whatever he needed to do to prevent it from reoccurring. What was the use of having healing magic if he couldn't heal Wolfram? What was the use of being the Demon King when he couldn't even take care of his own fiancé?
 
“I think I know.” Gisela told him, determined now to tell the truth. The cure had backfired. Was causing Wolfram pain and threatening his safety. And, she suspected, was completely unnecessary, judging from Yuuri's jealousy at her and concern for Wolfram. Taking a deep breath, she went on to tell Yuuri about the cure.
 
“You hypnotized him?” Yuuri was stupefied.
 
Gisela nodded. “He thought he needed help to curb his temper, and he was afraid his jealousy was going to drive you completely away.”
 
“But that's crazy!” Yuuri exclaimed, only to flush at the skeptical look in Gisela's eyes. His eyes fell on Wolfram's sleeping countenance. “I wouldn't want to change anything about him.” He said softly.
 
“And you realized that before or after you almost lost him?” Gisela challenged boldly, causing Yuuri's flush to deepen. However, after a moment, she softened. It really wasn't the Heika's fault. He'd been thrust into a strange world, hadn't had a chance to adjust before he was thrust into yet another strange situation, one that he had had no preparation at all for. “Anyway,” she went on, changing the topic. “I think suppressing his temperament inadvertently affected his magic.”
 
“How?” Yuuri asked, more concerned for the blond swordsman than anything. Wolfram needed his magic. It was as much a part of him as his arm. If he lost it on Yuuri's account the boy wasn't sure Wolfram would ever forgive him. Or that he'd ever be able to forgive himself.
 
“Wolfram's magic is fire. And fire feeds on passion. Without passion, there is no fire.” Gisela explained simply.
 
“And these headaches?” Yuuri frowned.
 
“I suppose it's his mind's way of protecting him from the resurgence of strong feelings.” Gisela reasoned. “It built a firewall to prevent him from feeling anything remotely close to passion. That barrier manifests itself as a migraine.” She glanced pointedly at the king. “Come to think of it - it's only when he's close to you that his migraines get really bad.”
 
Yuuri winced at the pointed observation. “Can you undo this hypnosis?” He asked quietly.
 
Gisela hesitated, then nodded.
 
“Then do it. Please.” Yuuri pleaded, but the healer was already shaking her head.
 
“I can't do that.”
 
Yuuri stared at her. “Why not?”
 
“Wolfram chose to undergo the cure because he believed you wanted him to change.” Gisela said coolly. “I won't undo the cure unless he agrees to it.”
 
“Of course he'd agree!” Yuuri raked a hand through his hair. “Why wouldn't he?”
 
Gisela shrugged. “I asked him a few days ago, he said peace was worth the sacrifice.”
 
Yuuri gaped at her.
 
Gisela stood. “Heika, Wolfram didn't believe you could love him as he was before the cure. And unless you can persuade him otherwise, he wouldn't want to reverse the cure.” She smiled, patting his arm. “I guess if you really want the old Wolfram back, you're going to have to prove that you do love him. The old him.”
 
-o0o-HeHHhhhkdfjdksfjd skffdf