Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Intentions ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Intentions
A "Kyou Kara Maou" Fanfiction
By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]
Chapter:
1/1
Rating:
PG
Pairings/Characters:
Murata Ken, Shibuya Shori
Genre:
Reflective
Warnings: none

Spoilers:
Shibuya Shori's future profession
Summary:
<i>"The first time they met was the same day he first saw Yuuri." </i>

Disclaimer:
Story idea and any original characters are property of Andrea Readwolf. "Kyou Kara Maou" is property of....

Date Started:
June 2005
Word Count: 709
 
 
The first time they met was the same day he first saw Yuuri. There had been a resonance from so deep within his core, that even before he heard the other boy's name, he had known.
 
Yuuri. It held the impression of warm sunshine, ripe-sweet fruit, splashing waters. Memories of another world, several lifetimes ago.
 
It was an impulsive decision to follow the other boy home, but one he was quickly able to rationalize.
 
Most people would have thought up a nice lie to tell themselves, but Murata Ken was not most people. A drawback of not being about to forget your past lives was that you got to know yourself very well, and it was more trouble than it was worth to try and lie convincingly to someone who knew you so well. Even yourself.
 
So he followed Shibuya Yuuri home that first day of junior high school on impulse, because he was intensely curious about this boy who would one day become Maou of another world. Because he was interested in what sort of person he was, his likes and dislikes, and a slew of other things.
 
Because he wanted to know.
 
He hadn't expected anyone to stop him, or even realize he was watching the other teen. But that's exactly what happened.
 
"Do you always go around, following other boys home?" a cool voice asked. It was a young voice, too, Murata noticed for the sheer fact that it was unusual for such a young voice to speak in such a tone, unless it was a voice that belonged to an older soul, such as his own.
 
"Only the really interesting ones," he replied, smiling friendly-like as he turned around to greet the new person. "Murata Ken. Nice to meet~?"
 
The other boy continued to frown, readjusting his glasses and giving Murata the opportunity to study him. A high school student, a first year, didn't have the look of a bully or one who dealt mostly with his fists, which meant Murata would be able to handle him. But, even more of interest was the name engraved on his tag.
 
"Shibuya Shori," he finally answered, and if they could, Murata's glasses would have gleamed with interest.
 
"Then you must be Shibuya-kun's brother. Nice to meet you, Shibuya-sempai. I go to school with Shibuya-kun."
 
"I can see that," Shori cut in, answering Murata's surprised look with a hint of annoyance. "You're wearing the same uniform. So why are you following my baby brother, Murata-kun. You don't look like a bully. What are your intentions?"
 
"Muraken, please," he replied pleasantly, his glasses slipping another centimeter down his nose.
 
And that was that.
 
Shibuya Shori was an interesting case study--as interesting as Shibuya Yuuri. It amused him how similar and yet dissimilar the two brothers were. He, of course, already knew Yuuri was destined to become the Maou of Shin Makoku, and although he recognized quickly the raw power and talent Shori also possessed, he was somewhat abashed that it took him nearly two years to realize the older brother was destined for the same fate here on Earth.
 
He was fairly sure that the older brother was as clueless to the powers he would inherit as Yuuri was; but both brothers already wore an invisible mantel of leadership, and air of regality that was intoxicating. This life was bound to be interesting, Murata predicted, with these two brothers at the helm.
 
Murata didn't mind occasionally meeting with the older brother, spying as it were on the younger. Especially when those meetings led to kisses and touches and eventually more.
 
He wondered, briefly, why Robert had chosen this boy among a slew of other seemingly more worthy candidates, but he did not dwell on the topic overly. After all, although he had been born again here on Earth, his fate lived in another world. When the time came, he fully intended on following Yuuri back to Shin Makoku. He intended to stay there and live out Murata Ken's lifetime there.
 
He did not intend to fall in love.
 
He did not intend to be needed on Earth more than in Shin Makoku.
 
No, he did not intend to fall in love, but that was what happened anyway.
 
 
~~finfin~~