Labyrinth Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Hours ❯ Small world ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two: Small World




Stephanie raised her head, her mouth half open with her toothbrush frozen a few inches from her mouth. She had just finished brushing her teeth and had set her glass on the sink, which was now obviously gone. She blinked and looked around at her new surroundings.

“Um...riiiiiight. Where the Hell am I??” she was still in her pj’s and sandals. Luckily, it was a warm day as well, wherever she was. She lowered her arm and quickly turned to whoever was calling her name.

Danyelle stopped in front of her. “I can explain! I found your book and I didn’t wanna wish anyone away to see the Labyrinth so I decided to wish it here instead, but I swear, I didn’t think it woulda worked! So now I gotta fix it, and I asked if you can help me, cause you’re an expert in this Laby-maze stuff.” she said all in one breath. She looked at Steph. “Hi!” and gave her a big hug.

Stephanie blinked, still confused to where she was as she was greeted by her cousin, who lived miles away, hours even. She finally recognized Danyelle. “Dani, slow down and repeat what you just blurted out would you?? And where am I?? And hi.”

Her cousin laughed. “Okay. You’re in Kirkland, I kinda, sorta wished the Labyrinth here. But I didn’t mean to! I mean, I didn’t think it was gonna work! But it happened! The Labyrinth is here! In our realm! And now I gotta fix it, and I’m asking for your help. Will you help me?” She said to her cousin, puppy dog eyes and all.

Stephanie looked at Danyelle. “The Labyrinth, here in K.L??” She looked around and saw not only the goblins running around, but the Labyrinth as well. The faint sound of a car alarm was heard. “So that can only mean...” she trailed off and glanced at the Goblin King, who had started to approach.

Danyelle turned and looked at the Goblin King as well.

“Jareth,” Stephanie said, oblivious to a few more goblins running around.

“Ah, Stephanie. Small world is it not?” Jareth said gesturing with a hand. “I did not think you would be the same Stephanie that Danyelle had mentioned.” He stopped in front of her, his greenish blue eyes fixed upon the girl. As he regarded her, he smirked and raised an eyebrow at her pj’s. “A little late at waking up, aren’t we?”

“Yes, well...I had a day off.” Stephanie replied and tried changing subjects. She gestured to the goblins and the Labyrinth with her hands. “So it’s true what Danyelle said?? She did make the wish and it wasn’t you that wanted to merge the realms??”

“I assure you all what your cousin has said is true, Stephanie.” Jareth replied. “I really have no reason to merge any realms , not to mention, yours.” he shrugged. “I only wish for her to complete the Labyrinth, which is her challenge, not different at all but the only reasonable way, so I can have my realm back completely.”

The pj clad girl looked at her cousin.

“What?” Danyelle said with a defensive look.

Stephanie smiled. “Nothing. I just never thought you would actually wish for this.”

“Well, I really didn’t think it was gonna work!” Danyelle kept her head down.

“That’s all right, I’ll help you,” Stephanie said with a laugh.

“Okay, kewl. Thanks Stephie!” Danyelle exclaimed, giving her a big hug.

Stephanie hugged her cousin back and turned to the Goblin King. “Now, the rules are the same as before?? The time limit is the same??”

Jareth nodded. “The same as always. I have not changed the rules, only on certain occasions,” he added with a smirk. “But for this situation it is highly unlikely that I would change them for your cousin to lose. Do you really think I would put my realm at stake? I’d rather much have my own realm thank you very much.” he finished with a shake of his head.

“I wouldn’t think you would. And besides,” Stephanie said. “Being stuck with us wouldn’t be so bad.” She patted his upper arm as she handed him her toothbrush and passed him by. He glanced at the toothbrush in his hand before throwing it away over his shoulder.

“I might just take my time...” Stephanie said glancing over her shoulder to smile at the Goblin King’s reaction. His expression said, “you-wouldn’t-dare”.

“You had better not be serious Stephanie.” He warned unsure of the girl’s comment.

Stephanie turned around, making her long brown hair swing until it slowly settled at her back, the smile still on her lips. “And if I was??”

Silence from him made her smile even more with a silent laugh. She turned around and started walking down the street amongst the chaos and havoc the goblins have created since their arrival to the girls’ realm.

Jareth gave the pajama-clad girl one last look and shook his head once with a soft laugh. He glanced at Danyelle, smiled quickly and turned around; in a few seconds, he vanished into thin air.

Sirens blared out from afar; people gasped and cried out by the sights of the goblins and the sudden appearance of a castle at the edge of their town. Only those who did not seem to notice were two girls who made their way towards the tall walls of the vast Labyrinth.



================ O O O ================
================ O O O ================
Quick note here, I’m not too sure on the spelling of pajamas is right. I’ve noticed I’ve gone with the short form for it and then jumped to the long version. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this problem (cause I’m not sure which form is right), it’ll be much appreciated.