Labyrinth Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Hours ❯ The new arrival ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Four: The New Arrival




“Oof!” Danyelle said as she tried to figure out what just happened. The breath was knocked out of her and she was lying on her back. The first thing she noticed was wings, the purest form of white.

“Hey Steph?” she called out.

“Yeah??” Stephanie said as she got up to her feet, she brushed the sand off her clothes.

“A little help please. I’m kinda stuck.” said Danyelle as she tried to move her arms. A long sleeve clad arm was across her chest, the hand rested upon her breast. “Uh, Steph? There’s a hand on my—”

“I know!! I see.” Stephanie replied as she grabbed hold of the arm and started to lift the body off her cousin while Danyelle helped by pushing. The figure rolled over.

“Oh my God, it’s a he.”

“Well it was obvious considering where his hand was,” Stephanie commented, rolling her eyes. She then neared the still figure and knelt beside him.

“Is he dead?” Danyelle asked, but before her cousin could reply, “OH MY GOD! I HAD A DEAD BODY ON ME AND HE FELT ME UP!” she screeched as she quickly covered her chest with her arms.

“He’s not dead you fruit!!” Stephanie giggled as she shook her head. “He’s unconscious.”

“He’s pretty.” Danyelle commented. Stephanie turned around astonished for the remark at this situation; she was about to say something when she noticed blood upon Danyelle’s shirt.

“Are you all right?? You’re bleeding.”

“What? Where?” Danyelle said as she looked down and noticed blood on her left shoulder. “No, that’s not mine.” She replied after checking for wounds and finding none.

The man suddenly sat up with a gasp, he flinched and reached for his right wing, startling both girls; Stephanie fell back.

“Hi! It’s okay, we’re not gonna hurt you.” Danyelle slowly walked towards him, she knelt down. “You’re hurt.” She started to pull at her sleeve and managed to rip it. He was watching the girl’s every move with strange green eyes; he followed the movement of her hands, as he did, his eyes shined oddly in a silver shine. His black hair fell over his eyes, it was short and rather unkempt.

“I’m just gonna wrap this around your wound, okay?” she said hoping he would understand, she held out a hand and waited for him to acknowledge the gesture.

He nodded and removed his hand from his wing.

“So you understand English eh?” Danyelle said as she started to carefully wrap his wing.

“Yes.” His voice was gentle and soft.

“So what’s your name? Where did you come from?”

“My name is Davrin, I come from the Ground Hopes. Our village was attacked, from what I cannot say. I managed to escape, and I’ve been flying since. There are no survivors.”

Danyelle by this time had finished dressing the wound. “Oh my God, that’s horrible.” Stephanie nodded in agreement. Danyelle moved closer to Davrin. “Where are you heading now?”

“I know no place of where I can go, only that I had to get away. It was my only chance for survival.” He replied.

"Wow, I'm really sorry about your home."

He nodded sadly. His mood shifted as he glanced at both girls. He asked: "Where does your journey lead you?"

"We're traversing the Labyrinth to reach the castle in the center of the Goblin City, in order to stop two realms to be forever merged." Stephanie said as she stood up.

Danyelle quickly got up and stretched out her arm to help Davrin up as well. He winced slightly as he was helped to his feet. As he looked around to his surroundings, he brushed light sand off his dark green shirt; the ties at the top of the shirt were untied, he did the same for his brown fitted pants. He adjusted a belt that held a sheathed sword and thanked Danyelle for dressing his wound.

"Not a problem." said Danyelle as she glanced at Stephanie and gave her a big smile. "By the way, I'm Danyelle and this is Stephanie."

"Pleased to meet you both." he nodded. “I hope that I am not keeping you from continuing your journey.”

“We don’t mind at all.” Stephanie replied. “A person’s well being is relatively more important.”

“You’re right and I thank you.” Davrin said.

"But how are you feeling for walking??" Stephanie asked Davrin. He replied that he was all right. "I don’t want to sound prude but if you don’t mind, we have a time limit and we must continue with our quest."

Danyelle walked to Stephanie and whispered in her ear: "Can we keep him? Can we? Can we? Can we?"

"All right!! All right!! Perhaps you should ask him." Stephanie said with a laugh as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Danyelle walked to Davrin and asked if he would like to join them in their quest. Seeing that he had nowhere else to go, he wouldn't mind accompanying them. Therefore, he accepted their offer.

"You wouldn't happen to have some water on you would you?" He asked Danyelle noticing she was carrying a bag.

"Well of course I do!" said Danyelle with a smile, fiddling with the zipper of her bag as she retrieved the water. He accepted the bottle and drank over half of it.

"Thank you." Davrin said as he handed the bottle back to her.

"Wow, that's a pretty nice necklace you got there." Danyelle noticed the pendant around his neck. It was a finely cut jewel, white in color, catching the sun’s glare every once and awhile.

"It's a vow. I give it to the one I love." he said, looking himself at the intriguing piece of jewelry.

"Oh." Danyelle said, she wondered if his “love” died along with his village.

"But, I haven't found the one yet," he finished as he let go of his charm.

"Oh!" Danyelle said with a mischievous smile. Stephanie caught the smile upon her cousin's face and laughed softly.