Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragoon Ninja Part 1- The Shin Obi War ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear readers,
This is the first chapter in a Naruto remake of The Legend of Dragoon. Much of this was recreated from memory so I apologize to die hard fans of the game if it isn't decently accurate. Nevertheless this has been effortly re-researched and re-characterized many times. I hope you all enjoy, and please comment
_______________________________________________
Prologue
 
`The night was cool and crisp, that's all I can remember. Then in the dancing blaze of a thousand orange-yellow tongues and the pouring red rain they came and destroyed the beauty of the night.
They swarmed our village like locusts on a tree devouring all in its way, they burned our home to cinders. Everyone tried to defend our home, but alas, our numbers have dwindled some and they came without warning. Even many of our greatest fell like moths, it was so beautiful to see the dancing leaves in the fires, and yet, so sad.
I cried terribly for the ones who were lost, but also because I realized the invaders came for me. There was fire, and strangely it was raining. It felt as though the sky was crying for those who had died and comforting the few who survived…'
 
~***~
`...the crimson dance that burned the mighty tree of the Land of Fire.' Thought the commander as he watched the great…'No.' he thought again. `The once great Konoha Gakure…and then again…' The truth was, despite how many years he'd been a, he didn't know what to think. The Leaf Villages' reputation was to thrive even in the most unfit habitats. He had know doubt they had a plan to come back greater than ever waiting to spring. He knew the assault had been so easy because nearly all there best had gone out on missions; all that were left were guards and genin.
 
 
`Yes, they will return.' He thought so confidently. He watches with no one close to him except his young apprentice.
 
“General, they've found the girl!” cried a foot soldier.
 
The general motioned to leave the spot, his apprentice following not far behind to see girl the raid had been for, to bring her back to his country and take her into custody. The soldier lead him to the where she lay sleeping from shock. `Beautiful'. The commander thought as it quietly rolled unconsciously off his tongue as he saw her, and for good reason. She had raven hair so black it shimmered like dark water, and her skin was so pale it seemed to be made of moon light, and her breasts were perfectly large rounded on her chest, very uncommon among kunoichi.
 
“So this is the girl, Zabuza?” piped his young companion at last. “Yes Haku. This is.” After some time General Zabuza called for an object to test if she was the correct target.
 
“Bring it forward!”
 
Almost immediately a young chunin brought forth a velvet pillow with a glimmering crystal sphere. Almost immediately he plucked it carefully as a grape and held it to her forehead and as instantaneously the moonlight focused to reveal the symbol of a waning crescent moon, shining like star fire. Any soldier watching was awed by such a spectacular sight. In minutes the light faded and the camp scene returned to normal, and the general was not showing any sign of amazement. “Indeed.” He dryly responded, and walked away from the camp. “Put her into custody. We're taking her in.”
 
“Aren't you satisfied with the results? Zabuza?” There was a hint of strange pride in the curiosity of his young apprentice. “I'm not sure. I'm still pretty skeptical about this, it all seems like a load of crap still.” The general wasn't one who often spoke his mind, and times when he did, Haku could tell he was troubled. “Yes, but we succeeded in taking the girl without any mark on her. And the raid was successful as well, we barely had a fight. Aren't you happy?” Haku asked hoping for a calm reply, but Zabuza snapped back, “It's not the kidnapping that concerns me, but a full scale raid…something isn't right. That could have been easily accomplished without burning Konoha. This raid seems like an awfully lot for just one little girl.”
 
“All of this is the will of his majesty, Lord Orochimaru. The raid too, all are necessary in bringing that girl into custody.” Then came an eerily sing-songy voice, all most happy like. Haku and Zabuza turned sharply to see a hooded man crossing in between the two. Haku quickly exclaimed,
 
“This is none of your business.” He began to motion for an attack, but Zabuza quietly stilled him.
 
“On contraire my little friend,” the Hooded Man. “this has every thing to do with me, in case you have forgotten.”
 
It was painful for Zabuza to admit, but this hooded cretin was right. “Leave him Haku, you know he's right. Besides if you are accused of striking the royal vizier, the emperor will see you at the gallows. Not even I could help you. He thought heard his young apprentice swear at the Hooded Vizier under his breath. It was faint but distinguishable, Fucker!! He chuckled at his lad's eagerness to draw a knife, “It may be the death of you one day.” He thought to himself. Then he turned his attention back to the Vizier. “Who is that girl? Why does the emperor want her that badly?” He blurted without thinking.
 
“That, General, is none of your concern” After that his tone grew colder, clearly this was a topic best kept, and preferred, secret. He turned and silently walked away.
 
The old general was baffled. Before this man had been happy but about what, the capture or the raid. He could think about this till dawn and he still wouldn't have an answer. Sensing his concern his apprentice quickly said to him, “Sometimes when the beginning of a problem is to great a mystery, it is best to let the situation play about and figure things out when you have enough understanding.”
 
He immediately stopped in his tracks, he taught Haku that saying. He silently chuckled again, and said, “Yes let's let things work out on there on. For if it's one thing I do know it's that we are pawns in this colossal chess game and we have made the first move, setting in motion a chain of events that may prove devastating. However there isn't a thing we can do…yet. When the time comes we may learn what our purpose was and we may be able to do some thing about it, and…we may not.
 
“For now have all the troops pack up and prepare to head out. We are leaving camp.” Haku obediently bowed and went to bring the news to the soldiers.
 
Mean while Zabuza gazed at the full moon and thought more. “There may be nothing we can do but what ever is possible, I won't hesitate to take it, Lord Orochimaru.
 
“The Moon That Never Sets huh? We'll see if it's a myth or not”