Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Dragoon II ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Legend of Dragoon II

Disclaimer: This subject is owned by Sony Computer Entertainment of Japan (yes, Japan. That's where the story originated). I am merely borrowing this subject as to do a sequel, which I have wanted to do for some time now. If you recognize the names of the made up characters of mine from somewhere, I'm sorry. I'm trying to make up the names for originality.

_____________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________< br>
Prologue:

Many years following the fall of the Moon that Never Sets, the lands had calmed and settled and crime fell to a surprising low. The end of the world threat opened the eyes of many. The winglies came out of seclusion and offered alliance with the humans, who humbly agreed, no longer seeing them as an enemy. The winglies also decided not to try to push their god onto the humans, since the god of the race of man had turned his back with one simple act.

All talk of the "Black Monster" ceased, since the fact that the people realized that it was a "Hero", not a "Demon". Histories containing the "Black Savior", the new name, were rewritten so future generations would know the truth. Since every 108th year was known for the birth of the "Moon Child", it was instead celebrated for the triumph of new hope of the Dragoons. In legends that stated that the creator, Soa, meant for the Moon that Never Sets to give birth to the last 108th fruit, the last specie, the Virage Embryo, with the Divine Tree, many believed that it happened, but instead of the Virage, they say it was the birth of the race of true heroes, the Dragoons, "Dragon Knights".

Religious matters were a completely different story. Churches and altars dedicated to Soa, the divine creator, were burned and destroyed. Statues were toppled, faith of him was lost. If the almighty was so willing to destroy his followers, than why should they follow him anymore? The only trouble that ever arose was from a small group, still faithful to Soa, who said that all what they heard was a lie. They left behind a noticable trademark in the villages they plundered, for their cause. It was of the Moon that Never Sets resting on the Divine Tree, seared onto all of the houses still standing. Their main cause for following was that, if enough faithful servants remained, and worshipped his holiness, Soa would sew the Divine Tree once again and the Moon that Never Sets return to the sky, for hopes of the world being blessed with the "Moon Child".

As for the heroes, the Dragoons, the deceased were remembered and honored, and the living were praised. The heroics of the four Dragoons who lost their souls to the void were put into epics, depicting their heroism. "The Rebel", Lloyd, though at first an antagonist to the heroes and slayer of a Dragoon, was honored for the just cause for his actions in the end, and helping to destroy the menace threatening the peace, Melbu Frahma. Rose, "The Hero of the Night" was finally taken to light of her attempts to stop the Moon Child. The countries of the world forgave her for the destruction she caused, knowing that the disaster would have happened sooner if not for her wrath. Lavits, "The Loyal Guardian Knight" was loved for being the protector of the people. Bed-time rhymes were even written so that children would sleep through the night without fright, knowing that "Brave Sir Lavitz" wouldn't let them be hurt. And Zieg, though not much was known about him, he was mainly honored by his son, Dart. With knowledge of the bloodline, he was minimally honored by the rest of the world, even though he harbored the malicious spirit of Melbu Frahma, His deeds were revealed and helped to eventually stop Soa's will.

Those still alive had achieved high positions among the people. King Albert was not only hailed as King, but also as Uniter of Serdio. Upon his return to the Indels Capital in Bale, the Ambassador of the South of Serdio offered terms of reconcile and to join as one union. Miranda went to live on in Mille Seseau with her other "sisters". She opened a combat school to train the people to fight, if ever something should arise again. With her reputation and the situation, she had to ask more than half of the people who showed up on opening day to come back for the next term. Meru became the village Elder and Sage for the winglies. Her bravery of going to the outside world of humans made the people think her wise. And being out of seclusion, she offered advice, to winglies and humans, and any other intelligable creature alive. Kongol remained with Haschel and trained at the dojo. It was rumored that he had a love in his life, though not Giganto. He was the last. With Haschel getting on in years, he needed someone to teach the others of Rogue to fight. Even though he decided he was through with adventures, he left the dojo, completely trusting Kongol, to find the school that Miranda had started. His style was too harsh for his aged bones, so he wanted to help Miranda with her combat teachings, however he could. Dart remained in Seles with Shana. Many travelers from all over the world came to see him and to learn from him, and the world also forgave Shana, because of the trauma she went through and the fact that she had no intentions of harming anyone. Shana's parents stepped down as Mayor of Seles, offering the job to Dart, saying, "If he and his friends can help to save the world, then gosh! Think of what he could do for our little village!"