Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Dragoon II ❯ The Wingly Sage ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
___________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
Chapter 19) The wingly sage

Walking the path through the city towards the center, which was both similar looking to a tree and the location of where they could find the sage, Orrin looked at the unique structure of the buildings he passed. They were made out of metal, but which type he couldn't determine. It seemed to be an alloy of mysterious origins, giving each building its own mystical beauty, yet they could fill one with fear of the unknown at the same time. Most of the buildings seemed to be about the same height, varying only by a few feet.

Orrin returned his gaze to the direction which he was traveling when Liza announced, "We are almost to the sage's home. It is quite unwise to offend the sage, so I suggest that you prepare anything that you want to say beforehand." For a second, Orrin could have sworn that Liza looked directly at him while telling them the advice. The only reason that he could rationalize was that it was because he hadn't been paying attention. He looked past Liza and Derreck and saw that the tree-like building, their destination, was indeed very close. The thought played over in his mind, "I suggest that you prepare anything that you want to say beforehand" and he felt it very odd. But, it did remind him about the Dragoon Spirits, so he went up to Al and whispered, "Should we say anything about the Dragoon Spirits?" Almost immediately, he replied, "I'm not sure, but I suppose ya better keep the stones in yer pocket and not say a word. Winglies are powerful, magical creatures, and they might still bare a grudge towards Dragoons. I don't think they can even sense them, they've been alienated from their power for so long. So, until we know for sure, don't say a word about them." Mindfully, Orrin added, "Then maybe you should tell Rashe'm. He might spill the beans."

By the time that Al finished relaying the message to Rashe'm, they were all right near the tree-building. Liza and Derreck began seperating off, almost as if they were going to go on opposite sides of the building, but instead, they stopped on each side of the teleport pad in front of the tree. Derreck spoke up, "This warp pad here is the same as the warp gate. There is no need to fear for this one as well." Liza broke in where Derreck cut off, "I will enter first this time, so follow me, one at a time. The pad gets picky when taking more than one person. We even had a case of splicing before, and it was quite a mess. They were att....." She stopped when Derreck gave her a hard look. She finished up, "Fine, I guess we do not need to get into full details, but it is still a good story." a little offended. Qickly and quietly, she stepped onto the warp pad, and disappeared a second later.

Rashe'm and Al went on the teleporter, one at a time, but Orrin looked at Derreck for a second. Within that small amount of time, he noticed that being seperated from the sibling also had an effect on Derreck. He appeared harsher, almost malicious. Orrin took his face to say, "Stay away from me, or you shall go in pieces." It made him shudder, and he wanted to go through the warp as soon as he could to get away from Derreck. As soon as Rashe'm disappeared, the way Liza had a few moments before, he raced onto the platform, and immediately felt the teleportation begin. He began to rise upward, very fast. It was as Derreck had said, it was like the warp gate. Realizing that, Orrin began to grow a little giddy, and he had to completely agree with Liza that the warp tunnels were fun.

Moments later, Orrin felt solid ground again as he saw Rashe'm, Al, and Liza standing before him, Liza showing on her face the same giddy joy that Orrin felt. He stepped off of the pad, so that Derreck could enter, and sure enough, a few seconds later, Derreck appeared on the pad, but Orrin noticed a difference. Derrecks face was no longer malicious or hostile looking. Orrin looked at Liza and saw that she was back to her non-perky self. To him, it seemed that together, Liza and Derreck were of one mind, but apart, they had a seperate conscience.

When Liza and Derreck took the lead again, they led the rest through exquisite hallways, made of the same odd alloy that the buildings outside were made of. Orrin also noticed that there were small, yet noticeable figures on the walls, in a single, thin line going from the teleporter pad to wherever the hallway led to. A minute more of walking took the group to large days, which were also made of the alloy, but while the rest of it was silver, the doors were a greenish tint. Derreck stepped up close to the door and whispered something incoherent, apparently in another language which Orrin couldn't understand. When Derreck stepped back, the doors opened towards them and they were showered in a phosphorescent light.

Orrin figured that what Derreck had said was some sort of password, in order to gain entrence. After the doors had fully opened, Orrin saw a grand hall, almost so big that it seemed impossible to fit in the tree-building as they saw it outside. Liza and Derreck continued forward at regular pace, but Al, Orrin, and Rashe'm all slowed down to look at the grandness of the room, and also being puzzled with the perplexity of the room actually fitting inside the building. Without warning, six wingly guards came up to the three and demanded, "Leave your weapons with us. It is for the safety of everyone." The last part was added somewhat as a reassurance. After Orrin took his spear out of its harness, Al took his axe from the bag on his back, and Rashe'm handed over his sword, the guards stated, "Proceed." Liza and Derreck had waited for their guests, and once they all caught up, they continued. When they were all near the center, Orrin noticed that someone was sitting in a chair on the other side of the room, and after a few more steps, the man stood up. When they got to the foot of the elevated floor, which the chair sat upon, Derreck and Liza bowed, which was met by the man saying, "Ah, Liza, Derreck, it is wonderful to see you again, my children."