Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Dragoon II ❯ City of the Winglies ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
___________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
Chapter 18) City of the winglies

Orrin and Rashe'm sat quietly as they ate, but Al was conversing with Liza and Derreck, about their village, family, and other such topics. Orrin looked up from his food to the clothes that the twins were wearing. It was a magnificent shade of blue, eccentuating their platinum hair. The main color was a rich navy blue, and it was bordered by light blue, going around the collar, the bottom of the shirt, and the sleeve cuffs, with a strip of white connecting the light blues from the collar to the sleeve cuffs. The pants, as Orrin noticed were the same navy blue as the shirt. The only real difference in clothing between the two was that Liza's clothes were a little bit lighter than Derreck's.

Orrin returned to his food, almost finished, while the conversation between Al and the twins seemed to finish. After the twins finished their lunch, Derreck announced to Al, Orrin, and Rashe'm, "Since you have shown us such kindness, my sister and I would be pleased to show you our village, even invite you to stay the night. We will even introduce you to the sage. She is very wise and may give you some words of wisdom for your journey." Orrin and Rashe'm looked kind of indifferent, but Al's eyes lit up with glee. He said, "Oh, we'd love to! Thank you!" As he finished his food, Al continued, "As soon as we finish cleaning up, we can be off." Immidiately, he took all of the bowls and used the some of remainder of the water to clean them, using the rest to put out the fire.

Derreck and Liza led Al, Orrin, and Rashe'm through the maze of the forest. Rashe'm grew curious as he noticed that it was nearly the same path that he took when he went to find water. Liza stepped ahead of Derreck, stopped, and turned around at the same wall of trees that Rashe'm had been at when he heard the scream. Liza said to the rest, "Be cautioned, try not to be startled. There is a magic barrier here, and it has recently been put back up this past year, ever since other men began searching for us winglies to harrass us." Slowly, she turned around, and Derreck walked up to her side. Suddenly, concentrated beams of light sprouted out of the backs of the twins, shaped like downward wings. Within seconds, the wall of trees disappeared, replaced by a swirling gate of bluish light. Derreck stepped through to demonstrate how to pass through, and when he passed through, Liza turned to Al, Orrin, and Rashe'm saying, "All you have to do is pass through this gate. It is actually a warp gate," then giggling, "I find it quite fun myself." Orrin noticed that Liza seemed less proper and more free spirited when she was seperated from her brother. A smile actually had spread across her face while she talked.

Al was the first to attempt passing through the gate, and Orrin watched as he dissappeared through it. Then, Rashe'm stepped forward and did the same. Orrin grew a little nervous, because the warp gate was very alien to him. He began feeling very small, but his nerve began to come back to him when he looked at Liza, who smiled at him very cutely. Reasons to follow through the gate came to Orrin's mind, like the fact that he's already seen odder things, like the Dragoon armor that Rashe'm wore during the fight in Denningrad with the even stranger Virage. Gathering his nerves, he walked towards the swirling gate, shaking a little. After he fully entered the gate, he was suddenly thrust forward at an unimaginable speed. The path was not straight, it weaved back and forth, making the thrust propulsion even greater. Orrin was wondering if his body was going to be torn in half from the force, when he found his feet on solid ground again.

Orrin looked around, and he had indeed gotten out of the stream. He saw that ahead of him were Derreck, Al, and Rashe'm. Then, he looked back just as Liza came out of the portal, which looked exactly like the one in the forest, except the swirl was reversed. He took time to reflect on the trip through the warp gate, and thought to himself that Liza was right, it was fun. He spoke up to her, "You're right, Liza, that was kind of fun." That brought Derreck to give a quizzical look at Liza. When she walked back next to her brother, she said, "Well, it is!" almost pleadingly. Orrin hadn't noticed, but the wingly city was visible from where they had gotten out of the gate. And additionally, he noticed that Liza seemed to return to her properness when she met up to her brother.

Liza and Derreck led the three humans on the path to the city. When they entered, many of the winglies, some flying from building to building with their light wings, looked at the group saying things like, "Humans?", "Wow, we haven't had humans here for about half a century!", and similar things to that nature. Orrin noticed that the air was warmer here, very odd for being in the cold forest. Also, he saw that there were more buildings than he thought at first. All of the buildings seemed to be centered around a tree-like building, and that was where Liza and Derreck were leading the group. Liza turned around, walking backwards and looking at her and her brohter's guests and said, "We're going to take you to the sage first."