Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Dragoon II ❯ Platinum ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
___________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
Chapter 17) Platinum

Orrin and Rashe'm approached the ring of men slowly, not wanting to catch their attentions. Whatever they were doing in a circle almost seemed to spell trouble there and then. As Orrin took another step closer, the forest seemed to stop moving. Every noise stopped, quite eerily. Orrin was about to step next to Rashe'm, to ask if he felt that something was wrong, when one of the men in the ring was thrown backwards, towards where Orrin and Rashe'm stood. The man landed sprawled on his back where Orrin was about to take his step, which meant it was a close shave, but the man then got up and scampered away.

The attention of the two returned to the ring, but now that there was a gap, they could clearly see two people, but quite unlike anyone else that they had ever seen. They were about middle height, just about a few inches taller than Orrin, and the oddest feature was their hair, platinum. One of them was clearly a boy, but the other one wasn't as easy to tell. The other person wore clothes, exactly like the boy's clothes, but the person had distinct feminine features, and the platinum hair was a tad longer. Orrin settled on the guess that it was a girl. The forest began to grow quiet again, and Orrin and Rashe'm had a feeling they knew what was going to happen. They watched as the two people at the center of the ring began moving in odd ways, mostly moving their hands. Lights began to glow from the moving hands, creating an even deeper sense of mystery, which all dissipated as they spread their hands at two seperate men from the ring and an expulsion of blue energy shot out of the palms, sending the two men flying, like the first one. The whole ring of men began backing up, fearing the same fate. The two men on the ground managed to pick themselves up and run off, soon followed by the rest of the men of the ring, some tripping over each other to get away first.

After the whole situation had ended, Rashe'm and Orrin, still in awe, began to approach the two identical people, standing poise as they were when they discharged their attack. In a moment, the two turned to face the oncoming Orrin and Rashe'm. Both Orrin and Rashe'm froze in place, the fear that had filled them was now filling them. Even though the two platinum-haired people were a good twenty feet from Orrin and Rashe'm, they covered the distance in a single jump. "WHY do you CONTINUE to ANTAGONIZE us?" shouted the female person of the two. Rashe'm was barely able to squeak out, "Hold on! We didn't mean........a-any harm,........we just h-h-heard....a sc-scream, and we came looking f-for who or w-what made it."

The two eased up, and returned to normal stances. The boy said, "We are sorry, we thought you were with the other men." Then, both bowed at exactly the same time, which Rashe'm and Orrin found really creepy. The girl continued, "We meant no harm as well, we were only defending ourselves. As you see," she had the boy turn around, "they have burned my brother. He screamed when they put their torch to his back." The girl's voice was very sweet and flowing, soothing the tense air around her. Rashe'm tried to be helpful and offer any medicinal needs. They refused saying, "We don't need the medicines that you humans use, we have our own way of healing, but thank you for the offer." The girl started moving the way she did before, but a little differently, and when her hands glowed, pressed against her brother's back, the burn mark healed, but the fabric of the shirt was still scorched.

Al suddenly walked onto the path, wondering where Rashe'm and Orrin had gotten off to, but when he found them, he saw the two platinum-haired people doing magic. "Well, I'll be..." he started, "I've never seen a wingly up close before. This is amazing!" This brought the attention of all four to Al. While all were quiet, the two began to say simultaneously, "Perhaps we should introduce ourselves." The boy dropped out while the girl continued. "My name is Liza. This is my brother, Derreck. You may have figured this out, but we are twins. And, as your big friend mentioned, we are also winglies." After a few moments of silence, Al spoke up, "My name's Aljandro, but ya can call me Al. The short one is Orrin, and the other is Rashe'm. I'm sure on behalf of all of us, it's an honor to meet ya both." A little stunned, Rashe'm and Orrin began nodding. They were still taking everything in, not knowing if they could take it all.

In a polite gesture, Al offered the twins to eat lunch with them. They seemed at first to consider it among themselves, even though neither was moving, but eventually, the girl cheerfully replied, "We would love to." When the five came to the campfire area that Al was setting up, Orrin handed over all of the fire wood that he was carrying, and Rashe'm gave Al the water he collected. In no time, it was set up, but the flint to make the fire wouldn't spark. Liza suddenly spoke up, "I believe I can help with that." She made a few more hand gestures and movements, and when her hands glowed, the fire was lit. Orrin asked, "So, is that magic you're doing? It's amazing that you're only about my age and you can do magic." Orrin noticed Al slap his hand to his face, and the twins said, "Don't let our appearances fool you. Though we look no older than a sixteen year-old human, we are actually one-hundred and eighty-three." Orrin's jaw dropped. Al added in, "Winglies don't age as fast as humans, so they always appear younger than they are." First relief showed on Orrin's face, but it was replaced by confusion. "How do you know so much about winglies, Al?" With a nervous glance, Al said, "I just know a lot of random information, that's all." Silence commenced among the five, as Al prepared the lunch he was making.