Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Dragoon II ❯ A New Strategy ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
___________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
Chapter 33) A New Strategy

The gathering chamber of the Soanites remained dim and empty, that is, until a bright flash illuminated the room. As the light disipated, three men stood, one in a faded purple cloak, and the other two in robes, one blue and the other stark white. The one in the white spoke first, "I don't know what you two messed up, but I would seriously hate to be you two right now." And he turned and started away. The man in the cloak shouted after him, "Yeah, well it's not like you did anything, Visall!" The blue robed man put his hand on the cloaked man's shoulder, "We'll just have to go face whatever Master Irving has in store for us, Tiras... there's just no way around it." Tiras slumped his shoulders and sighed, "I guess you're right, Malchia." They turned around and headed the opposite way of the man in the white robe.

They reached the end of a hall, where Irving's room was, and they knocked their secret code to let him know it was a council elder. From the other side of the door, they heard, "Just a second." A few footsteps later, the door was opening inward, and Irving began, "What matters do the coun-..." He stopped as he saw the two before him. In the blink of an eye, his entire expression changed, and in a deep, menacing voice, "What happened?"

~~~~~

Eight men filed into the secret meeting room, assuming their places around the crescent table. Irving was the last to enter, so he slammed the door shut, and everyone else suddenly knew that the recent plan had fallen through. When Irving sat down, everything stayed silent. It remained so, and the tension began to build in the room, until Irving said, "Our plan to stop the Dragoon and group was unsuccessful..." Glances from around the table landed on Malchia and Tiras. "And seeing as such," continued Irving, "we must go with our secondary mission right away." The elders around the table began murmuring to each other, save for Tiras and Malchia. The murmuring continued until the magenta clad elder spoke up, "So, we're going to put the world at war at last?" Irving chuckled, "You could put it that way, dear Rett... I find that more of an understatement...."

"The world... will be engulfed in chaos."

All murmuring stopped. Irving continued, "I'm going to need each of your gifts and strengths to pull it off, though. And I have a very fine plan laid out. But I suppose that I must count on one of you here the most. Your role will be the most crucial..." He turned to the man second from the right. "Visall, your teleportation has been extremely valuable to us. And now, you're going to have to show for it. If there is no evidence of sabotage between the countries, then the attacks will be merely taken as mere incidents. We must get each country to HATE each other. And just as well, you must get each group to their destinations. I assure, if you succeed, your rewards will be great." Turning to the rest of the table, "Just as all your efforts will be rewarded."

The entire table was in agreement. Irving continued laying out his plan, turning to the man third from the right. "Senjit, your illusions will be put to use out in the main centers of the Death Frontier. You will take a platoon with you, and you will make an illusion that the armies of Deningrad are attacking them. That rift would certainly create an uproar." Senjit nodded, and Irving turned to the man at the right end of the table. "Hektor. You will go to Serdio. First go to Bale, and attack the city with the men you have. In fact, I believe I'll send Borod with you," he turned to the man at the left end, "would you accompany Hektor?" A nod of confirmation, and Irving continued, "Once the city is defenseless, alter everyone's memories to show that it was the armies of Kazas, the old Black Capital. And then go to Kazas and do the same. The revival of the Serdian War sounds nice..."

"And the final part of the plan is for you, Rett," he turned to the center, "as you can created Electro-static fields. You will go to the major cities of Tiberoa and Mille Seseau, and destroy every power generator you can find." Rett nodded. "Now, do you suppose this can be done within the next two days?" Everyone involved in the plan nodded. "If we're lucky, we can get this set of wars started before our little 'friends' make it to Bale. Are we all agreed then? Then I wish you all the best of luck, and may Soa watch you and help you succeed. We are adjourned."

The men began to file out of the room just as they had to come in. Only Tiras and Malchia stayed behind. Irving finally noticed and approached them, "Oh? Is there something else you wish to discuss with me privately?" Tiras and Malchia looked at each other, and Malchia said, "We weren't mentioned in any part of the plan. Was that intentional?" Irving scoffed before turning around, "You two have done enough."