Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ A link to love ❯ donkey kong sucks. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Link to Love
By Shade-san & Ani-chan
(G.W. Speace & A.C.P. Charney)
 
Chapter one
Donkey Kong Sucks
 
 
It was the second day of summer vacation. It was early in the morning. Seriously, it was like, 7:30 (which is early for a 15 year-old girl on vacation) and a black haired, blue-eyed girl named Lee was…still asleep, enjoying the bizarre dream she had. (Yes, bizarre dreams can be enjoyed) Suddenly… BZZZZT! BZZZZZZT! Off went her alarm clock and down went her fist…
“Shit! ...Why… won't… you… OW! ...BREAK?!” She pounded the alarm clock in between words.
“BREAK DAMMIT BREAK!” Finally she got a friendly suggestion… from her mother. “Lee, just turn off your alarm! And no cursing in this house young lady!” Lee realized she had said the last part a little loudly.
“Mew!”
“Hey kitty,” Lee said to Miku, her cat who had just crawled out from underneath her desk, which was where she liked to sleep. Miku was mostly black but had a white diamond shaped spot on her forehead. Lee had gotten her for a birthday present the year before.
“Mew”
Miku pranced towards her feeding spot and gave Lee the look. The one that all cat owners seem to have given to them by their cats when they're hungry. The one that says: FEED ME, `cause there's no mouse for me to catch and even if there was I'm too lazy to actually do that and besides, your right here. But then again, I might have caught the mouse as a snack but that's not important enough to mention so… FEED ME!' So Lee got out Miku's kibble bowl, and fed her.
As Lee was doing her morning routine she began to talk to Miku.
“What's the point of getting up so damn early? I'm not going anywhere.” She continued to grumble as she finished getting dressed. She then grabbed a bag for Miku to ride in, since Miku couldn't stand Lee's mother and headed out the door.
As she was going down the sidewalk, she called her best (and only) friend, Leon. “Hey. Meet me at the mall…Yes now…yes, I know what time it is! …I don't care I've been up for an hour! Oh god, just get the hell up! Bye.”
She walked on, toward the mall. (Just in case you forgot.) When she arrived, she made her way to the arcade, the place where she and Leon always met. When she got there she found the orange haired, green-eyed, glasses wearing, same as he always was, same as he'll ever be, Leon, playing his favorite game, Donkey Kong. He was totally absorbed.
After five minutes she just couldn't take it anymore.
`There really is nothing more boring than watching a geek play Donkey Kong,' she muttered to herself. (and this is after five minutes. Five minutes people!) She proceeded to whack him upside the head.
“Ow! What the-- oh, it's you.” Leon rubbed his head where Lee had hit him.
“Wow, incredible, you know who I am! I'm impressed. You, my friend you are on your way to great and fantastic things! Now if you don't mind, I need to talk to you.” Lee declared sarcastically as they walked out of the arcade and sat on one of the benches.
“Alright, I'm here. What the hell is so important that I had to wake up at 8:30?” “I'm thinking about breaking up with bobby, that's what”
“Who… Oh that guy. Hey! Isn't he that weirdo who--”
”never mind that” snapped Lee.
“So…you're telling me this why?” Leon replied dropping the `hey is he the weirdo' topic.
“Because you're my only friend. Who else might I tell...Peyton? You know she's always trying to make my life hell. Oh god I'm having a flash back.” (Unfortunately Lee's flashback is rated R and this story is PG13. Sorry!)
“Yeah, she's a bitch.” Said Leon, summarizing just about everything she just said into a much better insult
“Exactly. So any…thoughts… opinions…” she paused, in the middle of gesture when she decided just to drop her arms to her side, “…questions...?”
“Yeah, can I go back into the arcade now?” Leon asked as he got up. He didn't care if Lee had more to say. He jerked thumb back, supposedly in the direction of the arcade. Lee looked behind him.
“That's a smoothie stand” she said deadpan, barely interested, as she rested her head on her hand. Leon glanced behind him and glared at Lee.
“Shut up.”
“Any way…your not even gonna try to talk me out of it?”
“No, no I'm not. Why would I? I am not interested in your love life nor will I ever be! Only my own.” Leon said pounding his fist on the bench.
“OW!” Leon looked down and saw Lee's fingers beneath his fist.
“Okay well thanks for your words wisdom, oh brilliant advice-full one. And this bruise!” She said sarcastically while cradling her hand.
“Your welcome. You have been blessed.” Said Leon, making the sign of the cross and then bowing and clasping his hands together as if in prayer
“Now, watch me use my holy powers disappear…into the arcade,” he finished, just as sarcastically as Lee. So he went back to Donkey Kong and she went home to talk matters over with Miku.
 
End of chapter one.