Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Four Swords Interaction: High School Chaos ❯ Crossroads: A new era of Hell ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Crossroads- A New Era of Hell
 
By: Asuki2hiroshi
Disclaimer: I own nothing except of Asuki, Koyuki, and Saya, as well as you may know. This chapter is rated T for mild language and mild violence… Either the word is mild or…. something smaller. I don't care about the stupid rating. Just beware, k? K. Miyako, Joey, Hiei, and Kurama also belong to their well-known owners.
 
Midori entered hid 6th period class only to find the seats completely empty—well, the ones in the front, at least. All the delinquents sat in the back with their cell phones, fancy IPods, purses, bubble gum and more. The guys had saggy long shorts and huge draping shirts, with their heads with either spiked hair or a shaved heads. The gals had either skinny tight jeans, cut shirts or tank tops that show cleavage, and their make up and junk splashed all over their faces. Their hair was either straightened or curled with a styling iron and masked with hair spray and/or mousse.
 
In fact, Midori was the only casual-clothed student in the room.
 
He nervously set his books down and sat in the very first seat in the front row. Snickers ran all across the classroom as he silently and suspiciously took his seat.
 
But as soon as he did, a loud farting noise penetrated the silence. Everybody laughed, except for Midori of course. Instead, he blushed and reached under his behind reluctantly, pulling out a huge whoopee cushion. Everyone cackled even harder at the sight of the pink balloon-like toy.
 
“Settle down, class! Ignore that sound before I report all of you to the principal's office!” a tall muscular man stood up, silencing the classroom again.
 
“Hey, Midori!”
 
Midori turned to the door to see Kage bounce into the room, out of breath. Midori grinned widely.
 
“Hiya, Kage! You have this class for 6th period too?” he asked happily.
 
“Yeah! I wanted to ask you if I could walk with you downstairs, but by the time I called your name you were already out of the classroom!!”
 
“Oops…” Midori's face flushed. “Sorry.”
 
“It's fine! Don't be sorry!” Kage grinned in amusement, taking his seat to Midori's left.
 
“Hi Midori!” Akai hugged Midori joyfully, “I can't believe you have this class with me too!!”
 
Midori laughed. “Good to see you too, Akai!”
 
He noticed Akai's scar on his hand again, but decided against commenting on it. Akai smiled his famed and most loved chibi smile and took a seat to Midori's right.
 
“Whuzzup guys?” Aoi pounced on Midori, causing his head to slam onto the desk.
 
“Yeow!” Midori yelped, rubbing his head, “Aoi! That hurts!”
 
Aoi laughed energetically. “Whoops! Sorry!”
 
The bell rang, and it made Midori's head hurt even worse. “Ow! Stupid bell!! Son of a piece of sh---“
 
“Ding dong!” Kage sang jokingly.
 
“Shut up!” Midori mumbled angrily. When the pain eased a little bit, he glanced up to see Kage, Akai, and Aoi staring at each other.
 
“Whoops! Sorry!” Midori laughed nervously. “Kage, this is Akai. Akai, this is Aoi and Aoi, this is Kage!”
 
“Hey there!” Kage grinned.
 
“Hi!” Akai chimed like a bell.
 
“Yo,” Aoi gestured the peace sign towards them.
 
“Hey! I remember you!” Kage pointed to Aoi.
 
“Really? Oh, that's right! You and I went to the same elementary school, didn't we? I remember you now!” Aoi smiled even bigger.
 
“Happy reunion!” Akai cheered happily.
 
Midori smiled proudly. 4 of the 5 Rinkus are united perfectly. 2 even remember each other from childhood! That was magnificent.
 
All they need is the last one…
 
BAM!!!
 
The door swung open and slammed into the wall in a flash. A very angry blond boy with eyes as pale as ice glared evilly to the teacher.
 
“You're late,” the teacher grumbled. “All the back seats are taken. Now sit in one of the front seats before I mark you absent.”
 
The boy narrowed his eyes testily as he slammed the door shut. No one dared to make a sound as they feared he would bite their heads off. Even Midori admitted to himself that he feared this boy; chills ran down his spine. This kid may be his grim reaper.
 
The boy walked speedily and sat at the last seat in the front row towards the wall. Midori noticed the blonde's hair covering his left eye like a thick blanket.
 
Can it be…? Midori thought in awe, the last Rinku?!
 
Nah, it's just a stupid circumstance. Just an idiotic coincidence… still…
 
Midori turned to his friends to see all of their eyes on the boy. “Um, who's he?”
 
“My old friend I used to hang out with!” Kage whispered in shock. “Boy, he's changed!”
 
“Beats me,” Akai shrugged. “He's always sitting in the back when I come to class, but for some reason, he's late today. I wonder why.”
 
Aoi was silent. He glared evilly and suspiciously towards the kid as if he were stalking his prey.
 
“… Aoi?” Midori called him
 
“Huh?”
 
“Who is he?” he looked up towards Aoi, who grew silent again.
 
“… Nothing… Nothing but trouble…”
 
10 seconds had passed and hunger gnawed at the sides of Midori's stomach. He had forgotten about eating while he was talking to Kage during lunch, and he had left his second ramen cup untouched. He even forgot to give some ramen to Koyuki.
 
Before he could let his empty stomach protest, Midori turned to Akai and asked, “Now what happened to your hand, Akai? Please tell me? I really want to know.”
 
Akai turned away and looked at the door. “I need to use the restroom.”
 
“No you don't Akai,” Aoi hit the back of Akai's head gently yet firmly at the same time, insisting, “Tell us. We promise not to tell anyone. We'll keep our word.”
 
Akai looked reluctantly at the trio. “… You promise? Do you promise you won't tell anyone?”
 
“We promise,” the trio nodded, each with reassuring smiles.
 
 
Akai looked down, but still spoke loudly. “Years ago, my mommy was dating this man that she and I loved very much. He was very nice and he loved us too. I even called him my father. He and mom loved each other so much for so long that last month, she asked if he would marry her… And everything started to spiral downward from there…
 
“He started to drink and smoke and do drugs until he was an addict of almost everything. He was so overwhelmed, he was going crazy and Mom and I started worrying for him. The drugs he took messed him up so badly, but no one but he knew why. One night, he, in the middle of the night, tried to hurt my mom with a knife. I woke up to hear my mother screaming, “Goddesses! My Goddesses help me!!”
 
“I ran downstairs to see her neck and hands covered in blood and the man, the very man I called my father, holding the sinful knife he used to stab her. His own armed hand was drenched in her blood, and right then… and right there, I knew hate. But it led me no where. I ran to the phone and dialed 9-1-1. I told the police that a man my mom was dating was abusing and killing her, but I dropped the phone when I felt something sharp and painful, totally painful, digging its way into my hand. My hand bled and I sobbed, thinking it was the end. The man hissed, “Tell the police what I'm doing and your mother loses her life…” and my mom was on the floor, bawling and screaming at him, “Don't do this! Why are you doing this to us? You said you loved us!! I'll never forget this…
 
“… And neither did I... I didn't think this would haunt me like so… but…
 
“The next thing, no… the LAST thing I remember of that horrible night, was the sounds of police sirens… And that was it…. The next morning, the only thing left was the blood of my mother's and mine, and his photo of the three of us; the glass frame was shattered and scattered all over the floor, just like our love for him… lost forever.”
 
Midori fought the urge to cry. He couldn't feel anything but fear and sympathy for Akai and his mother who luckily survived, but he felt great despise for the man who attempted to kill them. He turned to Kage and Aoi and saw that they tried not to cry as well.
 
Akai blinked. “Are you guys crying?”
 
“Preposterous!” Kage sobbed, rubbing his eyes.
 
“Like Hell not!” Aoi turned away, sniffing.
 
“Yes we are,” Midori bawled, pulling Akai into a hug. “I'm sorry!”
 
“It's okay! Mommy and I are fine now!” he chimed a little TOO cheerfully. It made all three Rinkus burst into uncontrollable sobs. Akai thought he could hear the blond boy who arrived late to class chuckling at their despair.
 
Midori stopped crying long enough to pull out a calculator. “Okay! Enough of that! If the teacher's not going to teach, I might as well do my math homework now.”
 
“Give me that!” Kage snatched away the calculator, punched in some keys and burst out into laughter.
 
“Dude!” Midori shouted, “What in the name of Din it so funny?!”
 
“Gimme!” Aoi confiscated the electronic device from Kage's hand and stared at its thin little screen. His ears drooped.
 
“0.33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 333333333334”
 
“What in the flippin' h------” he mumbled listlessly.
 
“Lemme see!!” Akai snuck a peek.
 
“Me too!” Midori leaped up to see as well.
 
All three had sweat drops.
 
“Uh…” Midori was speechless.
 
“Kuroi?” Akai turned to him. *
 
“What the flipping hell is so funny about a bunch of threes?!” Aoi slammed the poor calculator on the desk.
 
“……. Nothing,” Kage shrugged. “They just go on and on…”
 
“And?” the trio asked, cocking their eyebrows.
 
“FOREVER!!!” he cackled again.
 
The bell rang again.
 
“See y'all tomorrow!” Kage sped out the front door.
 
“Bye guys!” Akai picked up his notebooks and ran after Kage.
 
“Later!” Aoi winked and zoomed out the door in a flash.
 
“Bye! See you all tomorrow!” Midori smiled, waving goodbyes to each. Their days were done, but not his—he still had 7th period.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
*Kuroi likes to be called Kage but Akai, Kurama and Joey do not speak informally
 
 
Mystery Boy: Some chapter THAT was… Akai's story had nothing to do with Crossroads. And my introduction was too brief!!
 
Me: Neither did half the things I did with my friends. Crossroads was hella boring. You had to TRY to fail that class… AND YOU'RE COMING SOON!! BE PATIENT!!
 
Akai: Meanie… *glares at me* you're mean!! *sniff* you made me look bad!!
 
Aoi: Quit crying, stupid! You're pissing me off!!! *whacks him on the head* Now SHADDUP!!
 
Akai: OWIE!!! *bawls*
 
Kage: ………… heh… I'll just watch, kick back and enjoy the show! *chuckling*
 
Midori: Aoi! Behave yourself!
 
MB: Yeah, behave yourself, Aoi! *laughing*
 
Aoi: *growling* YOU ASS!! GO TO HELL AND DIE THERE!!!
 
MB: *frowning* SHADDUP!!
 
Aoi: DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
*both tackle each other and wrestle on the floor (seems familiar, Kimby-Chan? XD)*
 
Midori: Hey! Stop fighting you two! Break it up!!
 
Both boys: NEVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Kage: Ugh. *face palm*
 
Me: Midori! Wrap it up! Quick!!
 
Midori: Um…. Uh… AS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER……!!!!
 
COMING SOON!!!
 
`Murasaki halted to a complete stop. Midori did too, but in confusion.
 
“Murasaki? What's wrong? Why did you stop?” he asked.
 
The only thing Murasaki could do was narrow his eyes coldly and hiss, “Look in front of you.”
 
Midori did as told, only to find himself staring straight into the familiar eyes of Aoi.
 
“Oh! Hi Aoi—”
 
Aoi rudely cut him off and growled, “Midori! What are you doing with him?!”
 
“Is this your friend, Midori?” Murasaki asked coldly.
 
“Uh… Aoi, this is my friend from 7th period!” Midori nervously turned his attention towards Murasaki, “And yes, he is my friend from most of my classes.”
 
“I told you to stay away from him, Midori!” Aoi grabbed Midori's wrist and yanked him to his side. He never took his eyes off of his hated enemy, and his uncontrollable rage sparked fear in Midori, who felt utterly trapped.
 
“Heed your warning, Aoi,” Murasaki instructed darkly, “And stay away from me as well. Our fight has just entered a whole new level.”
“Shaddup, Murasaki! Don't you go telling ME what to do! And as for our fight, I'll be twice as hard as I was back then! Now get the bloody hell out of here!”
 
Murasaki smiled cunningly. “So be it…” He turned around and walked in the opposite direction. When he was gone, Aoi took that moment to smack Midori on the head and chastise, “You IDIOT!!! Didn't I warn you that he was nothing but trouble?!”
 
Midori rubbed his head and whined, “Ow! You didn't have to hit me, Aoi!!”
 
“Yes I did! Obviously your brain was half dead when I told you! And hopefully that smack would restart your God damn thinking!”
 
“But my friend isn't a bad person! Why don't you be friends with him? You two would get along great!” Midori persisted.
 
“Not after what happened 7 years ago I won't!” Aoi growled angrily, clenching his fists. His knuckles turned marble white instantly, and Midori knew it was probably a painful memory. But curiosity got the better of him.
 
“What happened 7 years ago?” he asked.'
 
Chapter 7: Piano Beginning - The Start of New Quarrels