Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ I am Saria ❯ Am I fake? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

[Note: my last fan fic on this site is something I don't even agree with. It's just something I came up with in a few minutes, but it's a real issue. Until I have the money to buy Saria's rights from Nintendo that is.]

I don't understand why so many people obsess themselves over me. It's like I'm an angel that they either must rescue or cuddle in the cradle of vocabulary. The cradle feels soft, yet has dangerous holes that lead to lethalness like plagerism, obsession, and fighting.

This isn't what I was made for. Shigeru designed me as a friend, a childhood friend to Link. Never did he say that I raised Link, or tried to find Link, or met anyone in the Temple... I can't even leave the Sacred Realm for cryin out loud!

And I wasn't made to be laughed at, to be turned into a joke. In no way was I truly attracted to Link. I was his deepest friend, that's all. Never was I acting like a baby, or wetting the bed, or wearing diapers, or playing fiddle under Mido, or becoming a Christian! None of these things are true about me!

You don't know the REAL me. The REAL Saria, the girl sage chosen to save Hyrule. Only Shigeru does.

Sometimes I wonder if my existence on this network is even worth it. I mean, sure, it's nice to have admirers, but when they start stretching the truth about you, making you something you're not, it gets annoying. In a way, it makes me fake. So fake that I don't even know who I am anymore.

What can I do, though? I'm just a fan character; I'm not a person that you can talk to with the push of a button. I'm not even a person who can explain what's going on with me. And if any of you KNEW my creator, you'd understand. He's busy all the time. He spends half an hour cleaning out his inbox from fans.

And I don't have that luxury. I HAVE to go along with it, because no one can stop it. Nintendo allows it to go on; people won't stop dreaming about me; and I'm unhappy as it is. I lose my friends to protect a world I never saw before and never will. I meet five new people who show me all I could ever want, yet they cannot bring back my friends.

What's left of me is rotting in the minds of artists and authors all over this human world. I can't reclaim anything of it. I am no one important.

I am Saria.

[Now go to www.mediaminer.org and see my pics and my stories, you bums! And even join me there!]