Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Zelda: The Heroine of Time ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
FoxCat: I am sooo sorry for not posting this as soon as she wrote it! you can all kill me now...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X
Hey, what's with this? No reviews in like forever? That's not very nice! Reviews help me, encourage me, let me know y'all care about little ole me! I asked nicely! Review please!!! PLEASE?!
Chapter 4- Prince of Destiny
After meeting the Deku tree and receiving their next directions, the trio set off north. Almost all day, Taki was quiet, her thoughts dwelling on the whisper that now haunted her. She didn't understand anything that the Tree had told her ; perhaps it had to do with that feeling she would get sometimes... a feeling of sudden loneliness or emptiness, like something or someone were missing. She wasn't sure, but her dreams were now plagued with strange images of both creatures and people, sometimes either one of them feeling oddly familiar even though she were sure she had never seen any of it. Especially with the young man in the Royal Family tunic, it all brought a supernatural sense in her mind.
It was clear that night when Kit decided to stop for camp, Narr eagerly flying low beside her as she roasted their food. Taki was nodding off in the distance, but as a mouth-watering aroma drifted up from the strange looking fish on the roast, she became fully awake and aware. She got up as Kit took out plates, crouching down to look at the fish on the stokes.
"What the hell are those things?"
"Gyorgs," the Kit-Soon replied without looking up,"Normally they aren't very tasty, but if you know what you're doing they're delicious. Plus you won't get bitten; even after you remove the head, the mouth still snaps."
Taki made sure to step back a few steps just in case, since the heads were still on the chopping board just inches away. Afterwords, Kit set out two steaming plates of the food and nicely set aside a small herb-bowl full of food for Narr. The food was tender with a pinch of both sweet and sour, but once again Taki's mind was distracted. Soon after, she was lying down on her bed-roll drifting off to sleep, the fire burning low to embers close to her. She slept hard, her breathing heavy, but going steady as pictures swirled in her head.
Her dreams took her to the castle she had seen so many times before, this time not causing her to feel uneasy or scared. There was a sense of peace surrounding her, and a soft song drifted through her head. Soon she was in her mother's arms as just a small child, comforted by the song she was becoming increasingly familiar with. The thief, even in her sleep, was envyous of how beautiful her mother was and how well she could sing. Taki knew it was impossible for her to even dream to sing that well; her voice sounded like a Dinofos when it came to that, so she had given up on the whole idea. However, as the lullaby came to her more often, she sometimes found herself unintentionally humming it to herself during the day as they all walked.
Taki was peaceful that night even though her dreams were memories she couldn't remember while concious, and as morning came, Kit had to arose her friend so they could continue.
xXx
In the distance, Hyrule Castle slowly came into view, towers rising up hundreds of feet and overlooking the marketplace below. Taki and her companions came cautiosly to the drawbridge, now open for travelers for the day, and looked over the side to the river as they crossed. The thief silently noted that this was the same castle, complete with the drawbridge, that had repeatedly appeared in her dreams. A guard looked their way as the women and the fairy passed by, but otherwise no one paid them any mind. The market itself was crowded in the morning shopping, more specifically the women!
Narr looked with awe, as this was his first time in an actual city/ castle marketplace. There were about a million booths full of food, silks, spices, and animals ready for sales everywhere you turned. He was overwhelmed and even a little scared as several times people swatted at him or dogs loose from their owners barked and snapped at him ("Richard! Get yourself away from that horrid bug!!!"). He followed quickly as Taki picked up the pace, shoving people out of her way to go to the castle. He couldn't see her face, but if he could he would've seen a look close to that of a trance upon her smooth features.
Soon, they had pushed themselves through to a clear, sunny path up a hill, up ahead a barred gate with a guard standing watch. Taki continued up this way without a word, dragging her companions with her. Even as she approached the barred gate, her pace did not slow down until reaching a small cliff only about twenty feet from the gate. At this point she swiftly jumped up, grabbing hold of a jutting rock attached to the cliff, using the branches of a nearby tree for support. Kit transformed into a wolf to follow soon after, the guard still not noticing them. Narr floated up just as the women were already going forward to the next obstacle. There were at least ten more guards standing outside, but still Taki did not slow down. Something was calling for her on the wind, but she knew that she could and would trust it.
It took them only a matter of minutes to out-manuever the guards at their posts, not disturbing a one or leaving a trace of their presence. The women's experience with thievery was truly useful in this case, especially when they came to the wall with nothing near them but the river running around the castle by the drawbridge. Even so, Taki was able to find the small hole caused by rats and erosion almost instantly, as though she knew the place upside down, inside out and everything in between.( A/N: ") Taki crawled in first, followed by Kit as a wolf, and finally Narr, who still had the easiest time of them all.
There was nothing past them now but a hedge maze, blooming brightly in compliment to the gardener. Once free of the bushes, the travelers found a courtyard of comfortable size before them, and standing by the window at the far side, was the young man from Taki's dreams.
She stepped forward without a word, leaving the two behind her. As she got closer, the young man slowly noticed her presence as well, turning around to show his face covered by spiky, gloden locks of hair. Kit at this point, gulped suddenly as her heart gave an involuntary leap and raced in her chest, feeling as though she had just run a hundred miles in under a minute.
As Taki stopped to take in the stranger's face, he smiled kindly at her as though he were her best friend."Welcome, traveler. I have been waiting for some time now. I am Sheik, Prince of Destiny, son of Zelda. "
"I'm..." her voice trailed off as she suddenly realized she couldn't remember who she was. Her mind was foggy, as though something deep were stirring inside her head. "I can't remember..."
He nodded in understandment, reaching down in his pocket to take out a sky-blue instrument, held easily in his palm. "I believe that this belongs to you, then."
She took it bravely, warmth seeking into her from her hand like it was a faucet. A tune played softly in her haed, and soon she found herself humming along with it like she would hum the lullaby. Sheik heard her do so and nodded. "It is you. How I have waited for this day! Many questions will be answered now that you have arrived, for your sake as well as mine. I do hope you are willing to accompany me, right?"
She nodded without question, waving a hand back to her companions. Sheik caught sight of the Kit-Soon and his eyes raised as he started to scan over her. He also noted the fairy just above her. The "thief" saw with pure curiousity thet Sheik's eyes were the color of saphire, sparkling like the jewel itself in the sunlight.
He turned back to her, "Let us continue on to the Temple of Time."
She followed closely behind him like a wisp of cloud, seeing that he could go through the front gates of the castle without the guards so much as looking at him. As they were claer for a few minutes of the guards, Sheik spoke to all of them. "This matter concerns all of you. Evil is upon us, my friends. As we speak it is already breathing down our necks, waiting ever-so-patiently for the signal from the King. You will learn more of this matter at the temple, for not even I know too much myself. "
They all nodded solemly, suddenly remembering a strange feel in the atmosphere around them and how strangely the animals had been behaving, almost like before a hurricane or large storm. Almost as though they awaited Death to come to them.
Sheik turned suddenly off the main path just before reaching the marketplace, which was still crowded-if not even more so- and lead them up to a large stone building. There were runes and symbols, more commomly a set of three triangles protected by a great bird, decorating the tops of the door. He stopped abruptly before the doors, signaling for the others to do the same." This is where all will be revealed," he turned to the thief,
"you will be needed here the most. Are you ready?"
"Yes," there was no fear in her voice, clear as a bell and as sharp as a sword's blade. She was truly ready for her destiny.
As they stepped inside, all four suddenly felt the same.
A/N: Please, please give me a review! I 'm on my freakin knees, here! Anyway, the tempo's picking up now, and the action's gonna start in the next chapter after the next one, too. More characters are going to be introduced, the story's going to be laid down, and the/my main idea is going to be revealed. All in one chapter! Read please and leave me a review! If you do that then I'll stop bugging and give you a brownie... yes, a brownie. I can cook really good and we just so happen to have like three hundred packages of brownie mix in my cupboard. ...Please?