Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Zelda: The Heroine of Time ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Oh my feaking god... I just noticed how long it's been since I updated... about a year! Hopefully that's going to change since I'm back home now in Florida (yes, Anime Creature is my source of Internet access; be sure to thank her and be NICE to her or I'll HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH! I heard she got really BAD reviews and it really pssed me off.) Anyway, the tempo's gonna pick up now now soon, so hang onto your butts.
Chapter 3- The Great Deku Tree
"You two should go see the Great Deku Tree. Kit, be sure to tell the Tree about the young miss here and he will give you directions." Tass had told them. Now they were walking through the forest, along with Narr. Taki didn't understand what he had meant earlier when he said that he was their "guardian fairy", but she did know that he was getting very annoying.
Kit was everywhere in the forrest, beautiful as a wolf with the light shining off her snow white fur. Taki looked at her with some envy for her looks, silently wishing that she could have the possibility of the wolf's beauty. Her black hair, with its steaks of her natural golden-blonde hair, was very plain in its ponytail atop her head.
Narr stopped while she thought this, almost smacking into her face. "Now, we're going to the Kokiri Forest, home of the Great Deku Tree," he turned towards the theif," behave yourself while you're here; these people are very magical. You wouldn't want to offend them or their society."
Taki had an urge to shove a set bomb down his would-be throat, but resisted as they walked through a treed doorway. As she looked about, surprise jumped quickly to her upon seeing no one but children looking back at her. Kit remained silent, walking forward with her head pointed the same way; however, when a little girl appraoched, she could not help to look back.
"Hi! Welcome to the Kokiri Forest!" she said cheerfully. Her green hair bounced as she spoke.
The theif bent down carefully, hands on her knees as if she were a mother cooing her child. "You know, it's not a good idea to talk to strangers, little girl. Where's your mommy, anyway?"
The girl giggled,"I'm sorry, but I'm not a little girl. I'll be 109 on Wednesday."
Narr brushed past her with an impatient sigh,"Don't mind her, Saria. She's new to this area. Could you give us some directions? Your spells have my memory all screwed up and I can't remember the way. We need to get to the-"
"-Deku Tree. Yes, I know. Follow closely."
Taki fell back as they began to walk, embarassed in her assumption. The small party climbed up a cliff, crossed a bridge, walked up some stairs, until reaching another doorway. Along the way, Taki noticed with strange interest and genuine curiousity that the only residents were the elves that looked like children. They looked out of grass huts and treehouses, some with smiles and others with a look of discomfort. Saria stopped at the doorway, the theif once again almost running into someone. "Through here. 'Ware the Boko Babas and fair travels to ye."
Kit gave a polite bow to her elder. Her companions followed, fireflies whisping past their faces. The bugs seemed to disregard the fairy, buzzing softly around him. There were flowers everywhere, and as they progressed, they saw some kind of mutated Venus fly trap snap at them with poisoned teeth in the flower-bud. The flowers were to the side, hugging the wall, so the travelers simply ignored them and walked around. The passageway was only about ten feet wide, winding about from left to right for several minutes. Finally the path split and opened to a great chamber, the sun free to shine in onto the leaves of the gargantuin tree before them. A face melded with natural things, such as knots,vines,leaves,and holes, making up a bearded man's face. The eyes seemed to sparkle in the sun as though there was water inside, but Taki was smart enough to know that this was the giant magical being the Kokiri protected and worshiped.
Kit approached the tree, turning into a human to bow down on one knee. There was a deep rumble, some of the sound forming rough words. Kit spoke slowly and seemingly with difficulty in the same language, interrupted by the tree.
She sighed appreciatively. "Thank you, sempai. Anyway, I have guided her here. I expect that Narr's Touson explained the circumstances to you."
The rumbles this time sounded amused at first, quickly turning serious. The Kit-Soon nodded occasionally, speaking to it respectively. At the last remark the tree made, her eyebrows raised. "You speak true? This is interesting. You are positive both of them?"
Another rumble, followed by a long series of what Taki imagined to be an explaination. Finally it finished and Kit stood to bow forward, her slivers of bangs coming to slide down. "I see. Then it will be done. "
She turned to leave, Narr lagging behind to give his regards to the Deku Tree. Taki waited to bring up the rear, stopping suddenly as a voice whispered in her head.
"Be not who you are, but who you are destined to be..."
Taki looked back, her heart pounding at the words she knew the tree had just told her. Why was all this happening to her, and why did everyone seemed so interested in her? Most importantly, why did everyone seem to know more about her than she did?
She turned to leave almost frantically, her heart pounding so hard it was uncomfortable. All things would become clear in time, for better or for worse.
A/N: Well, there you go. I'm hoping to really get things going after this, especially since the story's been done for... I dunno... A FREAKING YEAR! I want to get done and start posting more of the story! I have the sequal that I'm working on and a small series serving as the bridge to three of the games. I really enjoy this series and want to do as much as I can. Which reminds me: I would like to animate this story and the rest of it as an Internet series where hopefully it will get noticed. This is like the third time I've put up a notice: I need Animators! Specifically manga-kas, but those who can do backgrounds or anything else like that are welcome too! Any info is welcome; let me know at and my ACTUAL username is Fuu and Momo419. Review please!