Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Misfortunes of Link ❯ Stuuuupid Link! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One day, Link was bored while walking around Lake Hylia. But then, he spotted that scary old man's house. “Hey, I know how I can have fun. I'll go play at that old man's house, and if he doesn't let me, I'll kill him! Bwahahaha!” He had no idea what made him say that last part, but he continued on until he stood before the old man's front door. Since the man never locked his door, Link easily eased the door open. He slowly walked in and closed the door behind him. He could only see the back the old man, who was currently working on yet another experiment. Link issued an evil grin as a sinister idea came to him. `Heh heh, since he doesn't know I'm here, I can get my revenge on him for sicking his pet shark on me. I still have stitches form where that little bastard bit me.' Drawing the Master Sword, Link charged forward. “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!” Link screamed in a sort of battle cry. The old man turned his head just as Link thrust the sword forward. Predictably, the sword phased right through him. The old man shook his head in disappointment. “Link, how many times have you tried this? You know swords can't cut me, and your other weapons are disabled once you walk through my door.”
Link gave him a pouty face. “It's worth a try, isn't it?” The old man sighed. “I suppose you shall never learn, little one.” Link suddenly grew angry at this comment. “What!? Little one?! I'm not little, I'm a man! And I'll prove it too!” With this bold comment stated, Link promptly leapt into the old man's indoor pool where he kept his pet shark. (Who, thankfully for Link, was caged up) Link had purposely changed into the iron boots before hand, so he hit the bottom in no time. However, because he was wearing the green tunic, the breath timer immediately appeared above his head. Link looked up at it and began to panic as he realized he couldn't breathe.
`I really need to change… my sword!' He changed out his Master Sword for the Big Goron's Sword, but the timer kept ticking. He panicked yet again. `I still need to change… my shield!' So, he exchanged his Hylian Shield for the Mirror Shield, but the timer ticked on. Now, the timer was at ten seconds. Link really started to freak out now. `Oh no, I've gotta change my tunic!' Link removed his green tunic and slipped into… the fire tunic. Now, the timer read five seconds. Link began to cry. `Fine! I'll change my boots!' So, he quickly changed into the hover boots. He floated higher and higher; racing against the clock. But just as he was about to reach the surface, the timer ran out. “Oh @$*)*^$*%^%!” Link yelled as he began to drown. The old man shook his head as Link's `dead' body floated to the surface. “That's the third time this freakin' week!”
 
The End
(of Link's life, that is…)