Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ War of the Two Kingdoms ❯ The White Dragon ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5 The White Dragon
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
 
 
 
 
Hyrule Field
 
 
 
The elysian soldiers were being completely outmatch by the mysterious white dragon, they threw their arrows at him but the mighty flying beast was too fast for their arrows to reach him it was an easy win for the dragon. Some of the soldiers began to run away realizing that they can't defeat the beast. One soldier on a horse retreated back leaving the rest of the soldiers to be beaten by the flying beast, the rider return to the general who was watching the whole fight from afar and he didn't like what he was seeing.
 
“General Zular we can't defeat it its too strong”
 
Zular gaze at the white dragon” the guardian beast of Elysian is as strong as they say nevertheless it has chosen to turn its back on the kingdom he was supposed to protect and I don't take traitors lightly whether they are humans or not lets go”
 
The general left towards the battle along with the rest of his battalion
 
In another part of the field Link, Zelda, and Ilia were running in their horses until they saw the dragon in the distance they gasp seeing the size and the ferocity of it.
 
“Is that…..the dragon?” Ilia said in awe
 
“Yeah it is and its bigger than Argnarok” Link said remembering the time when he fought the armor dragon back at the city in the sky
 
Zelda kept focusing on the dragon” it seems it been attack”
 
“By who?” Ilia ask
 
“Then I guess it's a good thing well had help to fight it” Link said
 
“Lets go” Zelda said
 
The three left heading where the dragon was Zelda was in deep thought
 
(Something's not right)
 
When they arrived they saw the dragon being attack by the black armor soldiers Zelda glare at the soldiers recognizing them as the Elysian soldiers she also saw a taller soldier wearing a long red cape, it wasn't long before one of the soldiers saw the group.
 
“Hey it's the princess of Hyrule”
 
General Zular saw from afar the Hyrule princess an gave an evil grin (perfect)” men get the princess Ill take care of the dragon”
 
“YES SIR”
 
The trio saw the soldiers charging in Link was the first to act as he unsheathed his master sword and Hylian shield he charge with Epona and slash one of the soldiers making him fall from his horse, Ilia charge in and hit one of the soldiers with her staff. Zelda prepare her golden bow and her arrows she took one of them and fire at the farthest soldier knocking him from his horse, the fight just got more complicated for the Elysian soldiers.
 
The white dragon charge at general Zular but he was able to dodge its strike he took one of his soldiers bow and arrow he pointed the arrow straight at the incoming dragon.
 
(You really are impressive and you're fast but I am faster) Zular thought as he shot the arrow it flew so fast that the dragon didn't saw it coming and obviously he couldn't dodge it
 
The arrow hit its left wing making the flying beast make a growl of pure pain, the group saw the dragon falling a few miles away from the field.
 
Zular grin in satisfaction” that's how I disposed of traitors men go find it and finish it off”
 
“YES SIR”
 
The remaining soldiers who were fighting the group left heading to where the dragon crash by now general Zular has left from the field.
 
“Well they are going to kill the dragon glad its not going to be me for once” Link said
 
“No we have to save it” Zelda said
 
Ilia and Link were confuse at hearing this
 
“But Zelda the dragon is evil” Link said
 
“Please Link trust me on this we have to stop them from killing it” Zelda said
 
Ilia nodded” lets go Link”
 
“Okay lets got”
 
The trio left their horses were running faster making sure to arrived just in time to save the white dragon, once they arrived they saw one of the bridges that leads to Kakariko village however they couldn't see the dragon anywhere. They look in every direction hoping to see the flying beast but there was no sing of it in the whole field, Zelda was restless she sworn she felt the dragon near but now it was gone she kept looking at the field expecting to see any sing from the dragon.
 
Suddenly her eyes widened Link and Ilia saw it too they didn't found the dragon but they found the Elysian soldiers that were supposed to find and kill the beast, however they weren't alone in fact they were being beaten down by an mysterious stranger with two katanas wearing a brown cloak hiding his face. The group saw as the mysterious stranger took all of the soldiers and defeat them like they were nothing, Link was really impressed he knew that this stranger had very sharp skills with the sword he even thought that he could be better than him in sword skills.
 
Link's thoughts were interrupted by Zelda who went on her horse towards the stranger Link and Ilia follow her making sure she didn't get attack by the stranger, Zelda arrived where the stranger stood Link and Ilia also arrived they remain neutral they didn't know if he will attack them like the Elysian soldiers. The stranger notice the groups presence and remain still not knowing what their intentions he didn't know if they were looking for a fight but he still remain calm and quiet as the group were gazing at him.
 
“Are you al right?” Zelda ask the stranger
 
The stranger stood quiet for a little he spoke in a calm tone” you….you people aren't from Elysian?”
 
Zelda shook her head” no we are from Hyrule my name is Zelda Im the princess of Hyrule and this is Link and his girlfriend Ilia” she smirk a little noticing Ilia's slight blush on her cheeks
 
Link gasp” Zelda why are you telling him who you are?”
 
“Its al right Link I have a feeling I can trust this person”
 
“What's your name?” Ilia said
 
The stranger shook his head” my name is not important I…..I am sorry please forgive me”
 
The three stood confuse at his comment but they gasp when the stranger collapse on the ground Zelda was the first to go to his side she then saw the blood flowing from his left arm.
 
“He's hurt” Zelda said she then concentrated the power from her triforce she went to the wounded arm of the stranger and a faint glow started emitting from Zelda's right hand showing the glow of her triforce
 
Link and Ilia watch in amazement as Zelda was healing the stranger soon the wound was completely gone.
 
(The power of the gods is truly amazing) Ilia thought
 
Zelda smile” hell be fine now he just need some rest” she continue to stare at him and for some unknown reason she felt like removing his hood and she did when she removed his hood she was quite surprised
 
She stood quiet as she was seeing the face of the stranger he had short silver hair he seems to be around twenty years old and his features were considered as any woman would say handsome, the princess stood there staring at him like she was in some kind of spell she decided to ignore the reason why she couldn't keep her eyes off of him.
 
Link noticed the surroundings of the field” we are not so far from Kakariko village we should go there?”
 
“But what about him Link he's resting we shouldn't move from here” Ilia said
 
“I agree with Ilia we should camp out here tonight and well leave for Kakariko village in the morning” Zelda said while not taking her blue eyes from the sleeping stranger
 
Link nodded” okay then Ill gather the fire wood” he then left
 
“I wonder who he is?” Ilia said looking at the stranger
 
“Im more curious to know why was he attacking those soldiers from Elysian he doesn't look from Hyrule to me”
 
“And what about that dragon I wonder where did it go?” Ilia said
 
“Perhaps well find out someday”
 
Ilia nodded as they two continue to watch the stranger and wait for Link to return with the fire wood.
 
 
Elsewhere
 
 
 
General Zular and the remaining of his men were traveling at the bridge of Eldin they just enter the bridge and waiting for their orders.
 
“General what are we going to do now?”
 
“Well return to Elysian and await orders from the king” Zular said
 
Suddenly the general and his men stop they were in the middle of the bridge, Zular grin notice that there was somebody standing on the other side of the bridge. The person was not human his whole skin was colored green he had two horns, he had red eyes and he was wearing an old silver armor he was riding on a brown warthog and he had a long spear.
 
Zular grin” well I thought you weren't going to show up but since you have Im glad I have a job for you?”
 
The armor green knight gave a weird chuckle” I will lend you my services on one condition” he prepare his spear and his warthog roar ready to dash forward” you have to defeat me”
 
The soldiers were ready to attack him but Zular raise his hand stopping them
 
“Stand down men Ill handle him myself” Zular said as he unsheathed his sword” if I have to beat you King Bumblin in order for you're services then so BEAT IT” he then charge with his horse at full speed
 
King Bumblin charge at full speed with his spear ready to attack him and threw him off the bridge the two warriors collide in one crash of pure battle until one will be victorious.
 
 
 
Nightfall fell on Hyrule field Link brought enough fire wood for the fire he light the fire using his lantern and lantern oil he also brought a few sleeping bags he knew because he has travel on his own before and knew what to bring in order to survive outdoors. Ilia was seated next to him while Zelda was still staring at the stranger who was still resting she thought that there was something odd about him and it was wise to keep an eye on him.
 
“Now Ilia you fought well for your first fight but there will be tougher fights so don't get cocky I will give you a few pointers in battle tactics and believe I know some good moves”
 
Ilia looked at Link annoyed” I know Link stop acting like you're my father and even my father doesn't act like that I know that the fights will get tougher so stop being so overprotective of me”
 
“Ilia Im worry about you so I want to help you get stronger”
 
“And I say Im already strong father taught me to fight so stop being so worry”
 
“But Ilia?”
 
“No buts trust me Link I will be fine”
 
Link sighed” fine but Im still giving you some pointers and also Im going to teach you how to use a bow and arrow”
 
“Yeah I guess that's good I don't know how to use a bow” Ilia said
 
“Good Im sure we can buy a bow in Kakariko village Malo mart is still open and the prices are low so we won't have problem when it comes to rupees”
 
Ilia smile and lean her head in Link's shoulder and he put his arm around her, Zelda was watching and she couldn't help but smile at the happy couple.
 
(I wonder if I will find happiness like that) Zelda thought
 
The stranger slowly open his eyes he saw the three people were sitting near the fire his gray eyes travel to the princess of Hyrule who look back at him and smile warmly.
 
“So you're awake” Zelda said
 
“You feeling better now?” Ilia said
 
The stranger notice his arm and saw that his wound was gone” my wound is gone”
 
“I healed it but don't push yourself too hard though” Zelda said
 
“Why did you save me?”
 
“Was it better if we let you die?” Link ask puzzle
 
“Yeah it would”
 
Zelda look at him with pity” why would you say something like that do you want to end your life?”
 
The stranger just shook his head and stood quiet the group look at him puzzle Ilia was the first to ask.
 
“Why did you attack those soldiers?”
 
The stranger look upset” they are from Elysian I have to stop them its my responsibility I have to”
 
“You must be another chosen hero by the gods” Link joke
 
Ilia sweat dropped at his comment while Zelda sighed
 
“Tell me you attack those Elysian soldiers and yet I think you're not from Hyrule I can tell so what kind of grudge do you have with the Elysian kingdom?”
 
The stranger stood quiet he slowly walked off from the fire
 
“Hey wait come back” Link said
 
“Its al right Link Ill talk to him” Zelda said as she left the fire
 
“That guy he's no ordinary warrior his skills are very good he fought well with those two swords of his” Link said
 
Ilia smirk” what's wrong Link are you jealous?”
 
“Im not jealous of his skills and besides I preferred to fight with a shield than with two swords”
 
“Yeah you're jealous al right”
 
“I am not Ilia stop this already”
 
Ilia giggle as she snuggle on his chest” just teasing you don't get upset Mr. chosen hero of the gods”
 
Links rolled his eyes as he took his arm around his girlfriend as they look to the fire he then look where Zelda and the stranger were.
 
Zelda saw the young stranger looking at the stars with a sorrowful look on his face she knew that there was something wrong with him but she decided that it was best if he tell her instead.
 
“Are you al right?”
 
The stranger looked back at the princess” I am fine princess Zelda I am sorry for what has happened to your kingdom I know about the things that the Elysian kingdom has done”
 
“Why are you apologizing its not your fault they have attack”
 
“It is I feel responsible for what has happened here”
 
Zelda look to the sky” I knew it you're not from Hyrule so that means you are a visitor, well what does the prince of Elysian came to my kingdom for?”
 
The stranger was shock he couldn't believe what he just heard” ho….how….did you know?”
 
Zelda gave him a small smile” its very obvious when you look at it this is your first time here in Hyrule and you have apologize to me on because of the Elysian kingdom attacking my kingdom you feel sorry for everything that Elysian has done am I right?”
 
He sighed” yes……its true” he then look at Zelda expecting her to look at him with pure hatred that she would came at him and attack him with no questions ask
 
He knew he deserve it so he only waited to be attack, he suddenly look into the princess blue eyes and he was surprised instead of seeing hate in her eyes they were filled with compassion wisdom. He didn't realize before how beautiful her eyes were he took a closer look and notice how attractive the princess of Hyrule was, he suddenly felt his face getting a little over heated because he was blushing he shook his head and look at the princess.
 
“You are not going to attack me?”
 
“Why would I do such thing it's not your fault”
 
“But it is”
 
“No I can tell a lot just by looking at you, you didn't agree with the decision the king made about attacking Hyrule and you decided to come here and stop Elysian am I right?”
 
“Yes you are right I didn't agree on a war to occur nothing good comes from war only death, pain suffering are left by war I don't want that”
 
“It seems you are fighting for a good cause and now that you are an exile prince I certain that you are planning in stopping Elysian with me”
 
“Yes I will be honored if you let me travel with you princess”
 
“Yes but don't call me princess just Zelda I am not holding that title for now until I prevent war I cannot return as the princess of Hyrule”
 
“I understand may we fight together and find peace between both of our kingdoms and my name is Udiel”
 
“Its good to have you Udiel Link and Ilia will be happy to meet you now I suggest we should go back and rest”
 
Udiel nodded and the two return to the camp fire, when they got back they saw Link and Ilia sleeping together they were lock in a embrace both smiling Zelda just smile while Udiel look a little nervous.
 
“Um….Zelda should we be here I mean”
 
“Its al right Udiel get some rest”
 
Udiel nodded and sat on the soft ground he notice it was a little cold when Zelda wrap a blanket around him.
 
“I figure you might need it”
 
“Thank you Zelda”
 
He saw Zelda getting on the ground and wrapping herself with another blanket and slowly she closed her eyes Udiel closed his eyes with some hope in his mind.
 
(At least Im not alone I have help I have to stop this war can't let it happen again I will not let more lives be wasted)
 
The next day everybody was ready to leave to Kakariko village Zelda told Link and Ilia about Udiel and who he really was Link thought at first that he could be lying and he might want to betrayed them but Zelda argue about it and said that she trusted him while Ilia was in the same boat as Zelda so he decided to let Udiel to travel with them for now.
 
“Well let's get going I want to meet Reinaldo and everyone again” Link said as he got on Epona
 
Ilia got on her horse and looked at Udiel” Udiel don't you have a horse?”
 
“I had one but it was killed by the Elysian soldiers”
 
“Then get on my horse Udiel” Zelda said
 
“Its al right Zelda I can walk to the village”
 
“Kakariko village is far if you walk on your own it will be faster if you ride on a horse” Link said
 
“Are you embarrassed on riding a horse with me Udiel?” Zelda said with a slight smirk
 
“No of course not its just that I didn't wanted to bother you that's all”
 
“I insist I have no problem at all”
 
Udiel nodded and took Zelda's hand getting on her horse Ilia giggle a little seeing how cute they look together
 
“Lets go” Link said
 
“Hold on tight Udiel” Zelda said
 
Udiel nodded and put his hands around Zelda's waist he blush a little but decided to ignore it little did he knew that Zelda blush too feeling his hands around her waist, the group left heading for Kakariko village.
 
 
 
To be continued
 
 
 
Sorry for not uploading this story but I have been concentrating on my Avatar story I may return to update this story I also have plans for other stories like my Naruto stories anyway send me some reviews and comments farewell.