Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ Happy Easter Legolas ❯ Elrond's Mysterious Plan ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 6

Elrond's Mysterious Plan

`Legolas, Legolas!' The voice was persistent but Legolas just rolled over and ignored it. Someone sighed and quite suddenly shook him by the shoulders.

The elfling rolled over and looked up sleepily into the face of the Noldor. He blinked, quite startled at haven been awoken by him. `What are you doing here?' mumbled Legolas. The Noldor smiled and stood up.

Legolas watched curiously, as the elder elf started to pack some of Legolas' things into a pack. His dreams forgotten, Legolas scrambled out of bed and trotted over to the Noldor.

`We are going on a trip,' announced the Noldor quietly. `Why?' asked Legolas. `Because I've decided to show you where I live,' he replied. Legolas just looked at the Noldor in puzzlement.

`I'm quite happy to stay here,' said Legolas. `I don't really want to leave anyway.' The Noldor chuckled as he finished buckling up the pack and draped Legolas' favourite dark green cloak around his shoulders.

`As much as you may want to stay here you can't little one,' said the Noldor gently. `I won't hurt you but you do need to come with me otherwise your Adar won't give me back Ellandan and Elrohir.' `Why?' queried Legolas. The Noldor sighed and shook his head. `Young ones, full of so many questions.'

`I don't want to make you come so I'm asking you Legolas, will you come with me?' The Noldor kneeled down in front of Legolas and looked the small child directly in his eyes. In those eyes, Legolas saw a lot of pain and sorrow and knew in his heart of hearts, that it was all caused because of his father and the twins. Legolas felt his blood boil and been still small and with little understanding of the world, he nodded his head firmly. He would go even if he was too small to realise what the consequences of his actions would be.

The Noldor smiled with relief, at least someone trusted him. `One more question,' said Legolas as the Noldor turned away. He sighed and turned back to face the youngster. `Yes?' he asked. `What's your name?' questioned Legolas. The Noldor chuckled and shook his head then replied, `it is Elrond.'

* * *

`You're Majesty! You're Majesty! Wake up!' Thranduil was awoken by the sound of someone pounding on his door. Hurriedly he climbed out of bed and pulled on his robe and slippers then strode over to the door and threw it open. Pelain stood outside in the corridor.

`Did you get him?' asked Thranduil slightly excited. The captain of the guard shook his head sorrowfully. `He is gone and he took someone with him.' `Who?' asked Thranduil his heart suddenly turning to ice. In his heart he already knew who the Noldor had taken but he dreaded the truth.

`He took your son, he took Prince Legolas.' Silence met Pelain's answer. Thranduil had known it would be so yet he hadn't dared to believe it.

`You're Majesty?' asked Pelain hesitantly. `Find him!' exploded Thranduil suddenly making the captain jump. `Find him! I don't care if you tear this place apart but so help me if he gets away with this foul deed he had committed!'

Pelain bowed quickly to the King and dashed away to do his King's bidding. Thranduil choked back a sob and closed his eyes but even there, he could hardly ignore the pain that was blossoming in his heart.

* * *

Legolas yawned, he was bored. After three days of traveling with little rest, he wondered how much farther they had to go. He had ceased to admire the ongoing beauty of the planes they had entered hours ago.

Elrond had said little, the only sounds to be heard were those of the plains and the quiet jingling of the buckles on the horse's bridal, which they had stolen from the stables.

The horse's name was Dusty and he was quite confused as to why someone he was unfamiliar with was riding him with the Price. He had carried many different elves before but mainly the King and his son who were quite fond of him when they wanted to go for a nice quiet ride by themselves. Still, this odd elf had been kind to him and he trusted him.

Elrond gazed across the planes towards the looming shadows of the Misty Mountains. On the other side lay the hidden valley of Imladris, known to men as Rivendall. His spirits were already lifting the closer he got to home, their escape from Greenwood had been hard, the entire forest had been swarming with elves the next morning but Elrond had managed to put a good distance between himself and the Greenwood elves already. By the time evening arrived, they were already passing out of Greenwood and onto the planes beyond.

In a day, they would reach the High Pass and thus, in two days pass over it and into the hidden valley of Imladris. He looked forward to that day and only hoped it would come sooner. He was still worried about the orcs, which had attacked him and the twins; they could possibly still be around.

`Easter has come and gone,' said a small sad voice. Startled from his musings, Elrond glanced down at Legolas. Over the past few days, Legolas had forgotten all about Easter and now his small heart was crushed. He remembered his father's promise to take him hunting and they had done just that even though they hadn't caught anything but it was the pain of his father's actions that really hurt. If Thranduil had just left the Noldor alone then the Easter Feast would have been held as planned.

`It will come again,' assured Elrond. Those words were all that he could offer in comfort and he hoped they would be enough.

* * *

A fortnight had slipped by since the kidnapping of the youngest prince of Greenwood and the kingdom's people grieved for their King's loss. They all knew the youngest prince had been very close to the King's heart since the Queen and her daughter had passed on to Valinor many years ago. The crown Prince was constantly off on some errand or another so it was left to Legolas to comfort his father in periods of loneliness.

Now, a shadow had passed over Greenwood and refused to be lifted. No one paid any attention to the stranger who suddenly appeared within their midst.

Silently he filtered amongst the people, gathering what information he could and he was saddened by all that he saw but he knew of a situation very similar to this. Both could be easily resolved so long as his friend's plan went accordingly. It was up to him to make sure the first part of that mission succeeded.

As he stepped up to the palace gates a sudden gust of wind blew by and threw back his hood revealing long golden hair and sharp blue eyes.

The palace guards eyed him curiously but said nothing; they had never seen a Greenwood elf like him. He was quite tall and his clothes looked rather travel warn suggesting that he traveled often and probably lived close to the outskirts of Greenwood. This in itself was very rare as most chose to live close to the centre of the forest knowing that they were more protected that way.

Still, they did not stop him and allowed the golden haired stranger to pass by and enter the palace grounds.