Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ If it's not one thing, it's another ❯ More Trouble ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yay! The second chapt is out now! -_- Anywayz.... I dunno how good this chapt is but ya know..... well, you can just find out yourselves. Let me know how it is by reviewing, every author appreciates those. ^_^

Disclaimer: I still don't own ;_;

Warnings: Possible A/L... still not sure.

Sry 'bout all the grammer and/or spelling mistakes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

If it's not one thing, it's another

Chapter Two

More Trouble

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aragorn had been so focused on getting to Elrond that he hadn't noticed how hard he was pushing Legolas. He remembered about the elf's state when he heard some gasps coming from him.

The ranger looked over and noticed Legolas had become very pale; he was also having trouble breathing.

'Trust him not to tell me he needed to rest.' Aragorn thought mad at himself for forgetting about his friend. 'How could I forget?'

"We shall find a place to rest." Aragorn said aloud.

"Nay, we must keep moving for night approaches." Legolas argued back out of breath. He was in pain but what he said was true and they needed to move quickly for as long as possible.

"You need to rest, mellon nin." Silently Aragorn set Legolas down, leaning him against the tree. He had still been supporting him after he had helped him up.

The blonde elf surpressed a wince. Aragorn still saw Legolas tense but chose not to say anything, knowing the stubborn elf wouldn't admit anything. He made some tea.

When the tea was done he brought it up to Legolas' lips. The elf just tightened his lips and slowly shook his head.

"Legolas you must drink." Then he knew why he wouldn't drink it. Last time he had given Legolas tea it put him to sleep, and he probably didn't want to sleep. "Don't worry, Legolas, this time it's only for the pain."

The elven archer saw no deceit in Aragorn's eyes so let the drink be given to him. "Hannon le, Estel." He was relieved to find himself not tired, well, not tired from the tea anyway. He had already been tired from their long walk. He really was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to sleep but they needed to move.

Legolas stood up and once again was attacked by dizziness. He swayed dangerously and ended up falling against Aragorn. For once he was glad of the human's overprotectiveness.

"Are you okay?" Aragorn said when the elf fell against him.

"I'm fine." Legolas said when he regained his senses.

"Perhaps you should rest a while longer." He said with concern.

"Nay, I'm fine, Estel. Let's go." He started walking, a little unsteadily but still with his usual grace.

"Stubborn elf." He muttered. Then he followed.

Legolas just smiled at the human's comment, his elven hearing easily picking up what Aragorn had said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After a while Legolas wans't able to support himself that well and gave into Aragorn's pleas to let him help.

He stopped and listened.

"What's wrong, mellon nin?" Aragorn was worried that the elf had pushed himself too hard again.

Legolas was quiet a while longer. Then he said, "Orcs. They're really close."

'How did I miss them? They shouldn't have been able to get this close.' He thought mad at himself. His headache had only been getting worse as they walked. He brought his hand up to his temple, rubbing it.

Aragorn gave Legolas a worried glace but the elf didn't notice it.

"We'll have to find cover." The ranger said, not wanted to risk a fight.

Legolas sighed. He brought his hand back down to his side and then continued, this time to find shelter instead of going to Elrond.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An arrow wizzed by Aragorn's head, barely missing. He sighed after getting over the shock. 'We must fight, there's no avoiding it.' He thought none too happy.

The ranger brought Legolas to a tree with a bush in front of it so it would hide Legolas; he leaned the elf against it.

Aragorn was worried. The only thing you could hear from him was his labored breathing. He hadn't said anything in a while.

Then he heard the orcs. They were getting really close. At first he was just going to stay hidden but didn't think it possible. He had to protect Legolas and couldn't do it if they found him wher he was now; there was little room to fight.

The ranger looked at Legolas again, seeing no movement. He didn't want to leave his friend unprotected.

Then he heard the orcs again and it was decided. They would be no way he could avoid fighting so didn't want to be where he was now since there was little room. He moved to the next tree quietly so as not to attract attention to Legolas. One of the orcs somehow caught his movements and yelled to the others. They all charged.

Aragorn pulled his sword out and got ready.

There was a fairly large amount of rocs but he'd probably be able to take them all out. He still wanted Legolas fighting by his side as usual but knew it wasn't possible.

The first orc attacked and he easily blocked his attack and killed him.

The battle had been ragging for a while and he had gotten several injuries, none serious though. Most of the orcs were dead. His injured arm was paining him again and it was getting harder for him to use it, not to mention weild his sword effectively.

An orc that he thought dead, grabbed his legs.

He shouted as he unexpectedly lost his balance and fell. When he had fallen he had hit his head on a large, sharp rock.

He fought against unconsciousness, when he saw a slender figure standing protectively over him. The figure stood unsteadily but held their ground.

He then realized that the figure was Legolas. Aragorn wanted to get up to help his injured friend but he could no longer fight unconsciousness and gave in.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Legolas was exhausted. They had walked for a long time and his leg was throbbing in pain. He didn't even notice when Aragorn lowered him against a tree nor did he hear the orcs. He snapped out of his trance when he heard swords as if there was a battle going on. The elf looked around. No sign of Aragorn. He got really worried.

He slowly got up, leaning against the tree for support. When he stood up he saw Aragorn not too far away. He had gotten farther away while fighting, not purposely of course. The orcs were too busy fighting Aragorn to notice the elf.

Legolas tried to get to the ranger quickly, perhaps too quickly for he almost fell when a wave of nausea threatened him. He leaned on a tree, breathing deeply. Getting his nausea under control he headed back towards Aragorn.

The elf quickened his pace when he heard Aragorn shout. He got even more worried when he didn't hear the swords clashing.

Legolas pulled out his bow and notched an arrow. He released it and shot at the orc that was about to kill Aragorn, by then he had gotten close enough to attack.

Against the protests of his arm he fired a few more.

The few orcs that wree left were too shocked to attack at first so this gave Legolas time to get close to Aragorn and kill a few more orcs.

Once he had gotten close enough he pulled out his twin knives and killed a couple orcs. It hadn't taken him long to get to Aragorn's body. When he had he surpressed his urge to check on him, noticing that he was breathing, and he stood protectively above him.

The orcs had finaly realized what was going on and started attacking together. Before they had been attacking him one by one as Legolas came to them.

It was hard to Legolas to keep up since he was so exhausted and felt weak but he did it nonetheless.

He finally killed the last orc and fell to his knees. He almost collapsed but he needed to check on Aragorn before he would allow himself any rest.

The elf crawled in an unelflike manner, to Aragorn, who wasn't far away. He had only gotten to check his pulse when the darkness took him once again and he couldn't do anything to stop it. He fell next to Aragorn unconscious.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When he awoke the first thing he noticed was the grass he was laying on. He groaned and turned over facing the sky. By the looks of it he had been out for quite a while. It had been night during the battle, now the sun was beginning to rise.

He quickly sat up regretting the action as soon as he had done it. The pain caused him to fall back down.

This time, getting up slower, he turned facing Aragorn seeing him still unconscious.

'Not a good sign.' Legolas thought worriedly. He checked Aragorn and noticed that there was dry blood on the side of his head. 'At least it's not bleeding anymore.' He thought trying to reassure himself, not doing a good job at all.

The elf looked at the wound carefully and noticed that it wasn't that deep. Unfortunately he didn't know much about healing, being a warrior. He only knew of the basics. Aragorn was much better in these types of situations. Legolas was also really tired but refused to fall asleep, he had to help Aragorn first.

Legolas bandaged Aragorn's head wound and his other injuries.

After a while Aragorn started to stir, for which Legolas was thankful for, he was getting really worried. The ranger looked at Legolas. "You don't look well, my friend." He said after a while.

"Nor do you." Legolas said simply, trying to avoid questions about himself.

Aragorn's eyes widened when he remembered the battle. "You didn't get hurt did you?"

"Nay, I'm fine." He didn't think it worth mentioning his minor injuries, they didn't hurt anyway. "How are you feeling though? You must have quite the headache."

Aragorn decided that there was not point in lying so he just admitted that he did.

"I bandaged your wounds as best I could but I'm no healer, as you know." He said tiredly.

"They're fine. You did a good job."

A hand touched his forhead, startling the elf, he hadn't realized he had closed his eyes. "You're burning up."

"Tis nothing to worry about." He stood up, this time only swaying a little, forcing himself not to show Aragorn how horrible he really felt. "Can you stand up?"

"I think so." Aragorn also stood up and as soon as he did he felt the world spin and would have fallen over if not for Legolas' support.

Leglas gasped whenhe caught Aragorn, the extra weight on his leg caused even more pain.

Aragorn regained his senses and stood up on his own, much to the elf's relief.

Aragorn hadn't heard the elf's gasp when he leaned on him. "Well, shall we go?" Aragorn said a bit reluctant to go anywhere. He just wanted to sleep. His head was pouding.

Legolas nodded slightly, feeling nauseous.

Aragorn looked over when he didn't hear Legolas say anything and just saw his slight nod. He noticed that the elf had looked even more pale than he had before. 'Some of the poison must still be in him.' He realized with dread. 'We should move faster.' Aragorn was in front of Legolas so just picked up his pace, ignoring the pain in his head. He knew that Legolas would also move faster since he was following him and he wanted to keep up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aragorn's headache had grown worse and he had been slowing down. It was hard to concentrate on anything so he hadn't noticed that Legolas was getting farther behind. He finally noticed his mistake and turned around when he didn't find Legolas next to him. He found the elf quite a ways behind him, stumbling along trying to keep up. He turned around and walked back to Legolas.

"I'm sorry, mellon nin. I should have been paying more attention." Getting no answer and seeing how Legolas was breathing really hard, he slowly lowered the elf to the ground. They couldn't afford a long break for Aragorn had to get Legolas to Elrond fast so he could get the rest of the poison out of Legolas' system.

"Breath slowly." He said trying to calm the elf down. "That's it. Just keep breathing slowly." He said soothingly. Also saying a few words in elvish hoping to calm him down.

After a few minutes Legolas controled his breathing and looked up at Aragorn. He saw the worried look in his eyes and said, "I'm alright now, Estel."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, that's the end of that. I think that was kinda weird spot to end it but ya know... that's how it's goin' to be. Yeah, I was goin' to say something else but I don't remember what so... . yeah. Plz leave a review. Oh, plz tell me if you now how to do the bold or italics.

Ja ne for now.