Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ If it's not one thing, it's another ❯ Elrond ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm glad people are still enjoying it. ^_^

Disclaimer: Do I really have to say it? ....I don't think so....

Warnings: Okay, I've decided that I'm not going to have it be A/L. Not only are people asking for it not to be but I think it would be kinda odd for me to make it be now; I don't think it would go along with the story if I added it so... yeah. For you people who didn't want it to be shounen-ai... there ya go. ^_^

Oh, I don't know if I actually described Imladris correctly, then again, I didn't really explain much. ^^;;

Sry 'bout all the grammer and/or spelling mistakes.

*************************************

I redid this chapt and wanted to thank the people that pointed a few things out.

Deanna: Thx for the reviews and with the help of spelling Imladris. (If that made any sense) ^^;;

Jadesaber: Also thank you for pointing out the spelling. I guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out, won't ya? ^_^

Lyn: Yeah, you are correct and thank you for pointing that out. I put that thinking that he was unconscious, which he wasn't so.... arigatou. I hope it's better now, if not tell me how I can fix it.

Okay, I think that I fixed the major things. I will go back and fix all the minor errors. Thx for all the reviews!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

If it's not one thing, it's another

Chapter Three

Elrond

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I wish we had more time to rest but we must continue." Aragorn said with regret. Even though he was also in pain from his head injury and his arm, which wasn't as bad as before, he thought his friend's life was a much more important matter.

He helped Legolas up and didn't let go. The elf would just have to give up his pride this one time. Aragorn wasn't going to him walk by himself again, it was too much of a risk to the elf's health.

Much to his relief and worry, Legolas didn't argue about having Aragorn help him. The archer actually leaned on him more than usual and kept quiet. The only thing you could hear between the two was Legolas' labored breathing.

'The poison must be taking a stronger hold.' He thought with concern. 'We can't move any faster though, I don't want to push him too hard again.'

Legolas tripped and fell. Even though he wasn't going at a fast pace his body could no longer put up with his movements. He was lucky that Aragorn had been supporting him, otherwise he would have fallen.

Aragorn looked into his eyes and saw that they were glazed over and he saw that Legolas was in even more pain than before.

"Estel... some-something's.... wrong. The.... the pain's worse..... than i-it was....before." Legolas struggled to get the words out between gasps of pain.

It broke Aragorn's heart hearing his friend struggle to speak and the actual words saddend him too. 'He must be in terrible pain if he's admitting that.' He thought knowing that Legolas usually doesn't admit to even the worst pain.

Legolas screamed.

"What's wrong?!" Legolas was really scaring him.

"The.... the pain." He screamed again and went limp.

"Legolas?!" He checked Legolas' pulse, relieved when he found one.

He picked the unconscious elf up and hurriedly went towards Imladris.

Legolas started shaking violently in his arms so he stopped and took off his cloak; he put it on Legolas, hoping it would help him. Aragorn picked him up again and despite the pain in his arm, not to mention his head, he kept going. Unfortunately the cloak hadn't helped and the elf was still shaking, not as much as before though.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aragorn had been walking for what felt like forever but he knew it had only been a few hours, if that. He was exhausted and had to stop, it was getting too dark to travel anyway, with all the orcs, wargs and other creatures that came out looking for prey during the night.

The ranger found a secluded area where they would be well hidden. He carefully put Legolas down and started a fire. He wanted to sleep but he had to keep watch and tend to Legolas.

Aragorn prepared the herbs that were needed and went to Legolas. Gently, he unwrapped the bandage that was around Legolas' leg. It had an ugly black tint around the edges and it looked like it hadn't healed at all since he last looked at it. When he put the herbs onit he noticed that Legolas winced and heard that he had whimpered quietly. He wrapped it up again.

Aragorn was really tired after he was done but still had to keep watch so he sat next to Legolas; pulled his legs to his chest and rested his head on his arms. He closed his eyes just for a moment.....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A ray of sunshine broke through the trees, right on Aragorn's face. He slowly woke up. He opened his eyes and squinted against the sun's light. 'Sun?' He quickly realized what that meant and groaned. 'It's a good thing nothing attacked us during the night.' He thought relieved. 'I was supposed to keep watch. I shouldn't have closed my eyes.' He was mad at himself for how weak his resolve had been.

Aragorn heard Legolas gasp and quickly looked over. He noticed that the elf's breathing was very shallow and he was dreanched in sweat. He had only gotten worse over night. Aragorn decided that they needed to leave.

He went to pick Legolas up but when he tried the blonde elf gave out a cry of pain.

"Legolas?!"

"Do not...."

"Do not what?"

"Do... do not... pick me up. Just... leave me... here... please."

"You know I cannot do that, mellon nin." He tried to pick him up again. The elf gave a shrill scream.

Aragorn immediately let go. As soon as he did Legolas tried to curl up in a ball as best he could, trying to escape the pain, to no avail. His breathing came in quick gasps.

Aragorn was very worried for his friend now, and scared. What could he do? He couldn't even pick him up without causing major pain. Then he got an idea. He quickly started the fire again, which had gone down when it was left unattended during the night. Once he got the fire going again he got his herbs together and made the tea. He brought it over to Legolas.

"Legolas, you have to drink this. It'll help ease the pain." The elf gave no sign of movement.

Aragorn carefully moved him into a possition where he could drink the tea. Aragorn flinched when he heard Legolas scream but didn't stop, he had to give him the tea. He poured a little bit of the tea down Legolas' throat and he swallowed. Aragorn kept repeating, it was a long process because he didn't want to pour too much or Legolas would choke but he did it nonetheless, it was important after all.

Legolas started to fall asleep but before he did he said something to Aragorn. "Hannon le." He had said it so quietly that Aragorn almost couldn't hear him. He was even more sad now. Legolas actually thanked him, thanked him for putting him asleep without asking him. He was always mad at him for doing that, even the last time he did had done it, which had only been about a couple days ago.

Aragorn sighed heavily and put everything away, leaving no trace of them. When he was done he picked Legolas up and continued towards Elrond.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aragorn heard voices yelling his and Legolas' name. Then he recognized the voices.

"Elladan! Elrohir! Over here!"

He saw two horses come up to him with elven riders on each, his foster brothers. They were twins, having brown hair with fair skin; they both held a look of concern.

"Are you well?" They asked simultaneously.

"Aye, I'm well but Legolas got poisoned by an orc arrow and is in need of help."

"Give him here." Elladan said with a frown. "I'll take him back. It'll be faster this way."

Reluctantly Aragorn handed Legolas over to him. Once Elladan had a good hold on Legolas he quickly took off, trying not to let Legolas move too much. Even with all his efforts the elf in his arms still whimpered in pain.

"Shall we go?" Elrohir offered his hand to Aragorn.

He just nodded and took his brothers hand. He got up on the horse in front of Elrohir.

"What happened to your head?" Elrohir asked concerned.

"Orcs." Was Aragorn's short reply.

"Do you have any other painful injuries?"

"Nay." They continued a little ways in silence.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aragorn felt the horse stop. Somehow he had fallen asleep during the ride.

"You must be really exhausted to fall asleep on a horse, especially at the pace we were going." Aragorn didn't say anything and just closed his eyes again.

Elrohir jumped off his horse with grace and helped Aragorn down. Aragorn reopened his eyes in pain when Elrohir accidently grabbed his injured arm and it also caused Aragorn to hiss in pain.

"I thought you had no other injuries?" Elrohir asked in concern.

"Tis nothing to worry about." Aragorn walked, almost ran to where he thought Legolas was going to be.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ada!" Elladan yelled when he got into the gates of Imladris. He jumped off his horse, also with grace that every elf possesed. He ran up the stairs to the healing rooms.

"Where's Estel?" He asked when he saw no sign of his foster son. "What happened to Legolas?" He questioned when his eyes fell onto the shivering form in Elladan's arms.

"Estel is fine. It seems as though they ran into some orcs and Legolas ended up getting poisoned by an arrow." Elladan explained as quickly as he could while still walking.

He got to the rooms and placed Legolas gently on a bed; then he stepped aside so Elrond could help him.

It was easy to find where Legolas had been wounded for blood seeped through the bandage and it left a dark red stain on his clothes.

"Help me get them off so I can tend to his wound easier." Elrond said refering to Legolas' pants.

Elladan quickly came to his father's side and helped him. Legolas moaned in pain but still remained asleep.

Elrond removed the bandage that had been placed on the injury and inspected it. It had gotten even darker than it had been. "I'll have to create an antidote, I'm sure Estel has already tried to get rid of the poison on his own." He said more to himself.

Just then Aragorn rushed into the room and ran to Legolas' side. He saw that the elf was still sleeping and that his breathing was still shallow and came in quick gasps. Elrond rebandaged it after putting various herbs on it, some that Aragorn hadn't had with him.

"Watch him, Estel. I'm going to make an antidote." He hoped that he would actually be able to. He wasn't sure if this was the same poison he had encountered before.

Aragorn just nodded. Elrohir had gotten there and brought a bowl filled with cold water and a piece of cloth to be used on Legolas. Aragorn gratefully took it and dipped the cloth into the water and ran it along Legolas' face. He could feel the unnatural heat radiating from his body and knew that the fever had only risen.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Legolas felt the cold upon his face and tried to open his eyes, at first it didn't work but he slowly got them to open.

He saw Aragorn's face looking worriedly down at him. He gave a weak smile, glad that his friend was alright.

Aragorn sadly smiled back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I decided to put the next chapt out sooner cuz I don't think I'll be able to post the next 'til Thursday.... guess we'll just have to see.

I will go back through and check for spelling errors, I just thought that some of you would want the next chapt.

Ja ne ^_~