Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ If it's not one thing, it's another ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: In my dreams.....

Sry 'bout all the grammer and/or spelling mistakes. I'll go through and get them later.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

If it's not one thing, it's another

Chapter Five

Leaving

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Elrond had ben sitting beside Legolas while his sons got ready to leave. He still hadn't seen much movement from the younger elf. Once in a while he would turn his head and mutter something but that wasn't very often. He was really worried for the elf and wished he could do more to help him.

The door opened interupting him from his thoughts. His sons walked in looking ready to leave.

"You took some herbs, right?" They had packed a lot faster than they normally did so he had to make sure. He didn't want one of them to get injured and have nothing to treat it with.

"Of course." Elladan answered, walking to the shelf next to him to grab some bandages, hoping that they wouldn't be needed.

They all took one last look at Legolas wishing that they already had the antidote for him.

"Namarie." They said to both of the elves they were leaving.

"We will return soon." Aragorn said; then reluctantly left.

Elrond stared at the door after them. "Ride fast, my sons." He wished them the best of luck. With that he turned his attention back to the ailing elf beside him. "Stay with us Legolas."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They were in a fierce battle with many orcs. There were too many enemies to count and their strength was quickly failing. They had long since abandoned their bows and were using their swords or knives. Bodies of the dead were surrounding them, luckily the four of them hadn't fallen.

The elf looked over at Aragorn seeing that the human was near collapsing. He was more worried for the rangers health than his own, knowing that elves had more stamina than the human had. He was about to help him when he heard, more than saw an orc about to attack him. His warrior skill enabled him to dodge the attack. He used all of his strength to drive the knife into the creatures chest. He twisted the knife and pulled it out, quickly killing the foul creature.

The elf heard a scream and turned in time to see Aragorn fall face first onto to ground. The orc that had caused him to fall raised his sword and delivered the final blow, killing the ranger.

He quickly started running towards Aragorn's fallen body. He fought off all enemies in his way. Once he got there he checked for a pulse and was horrified when he found none. He looked up for his other companions. He found Elladan was quickly becoming overpowered and wouldn't be able to fight much longer.

The elf looked for his third companion, who also had dark hair like Elladan. He couldn't find him so he stood up. He was greatly worried, Elrohir wasn't among the the ones standing. He finally found him, also on the ground; fairly close to where he was standing. He could tell from where he was that he wasn't breathing.

The blonde elf had been lucky that he hadn't been killed for how long he was just standing there looking for his friends but his luck quickly changed when more orcs approached him. This time it wasn't just one but lots, too many for him to fight off.

He killed a few of them and then felt a sharp pain run through his back. He fell to the ground, unable to get up. The orcs continued to unmercifully stab him.

"Legolas!!" Elrohir cried when he saw Legolas fall and was unable to help him, fighting off more and more orcs. That was the last thing Legolas heard before blackness consumed him.

He was shaking. 'Wait, how am I shaking? I thought I died.' He paused. 'How am I thinking in the first place?' He thought very confused.

The blonde elf faintly heard someone calling him.

Instead of the eternal darkness he expected, he saw some light.

Somehow, without realizing it, he opened his eyes. He was starring at Elrond's worried face above him.

"By the Valar, you scared me." Elrond said with a sigh of relief. When the elf beside him started shaking uncontrolably and gasping for breath he thought that it might have been too late to help him.

Legolas blinked, his mind slowly processing what the elder elf had said. "Estel? Elladan and Elrohir?" Legolas croaked. He was surprsed by his own voice. It sounded frightened and weak.

Elrond was confused. What did Legolas want to know about his sons and why? Maybe he wanted to know where they were. "They just left not too long ago."

Legolas' eyes widened. "Where?"

"Wherever you were when Estel first treated your wounds." Something was obviously wrong with Legolas, he looked scared. He stilll answered his questions hoping to ease his worries. Why he was even worried in the first place, he did not know.

Legolas quickly tried to get up but got pushed back down by Elrond. He still struggled to get up though, thinking that he others were in danger. Elrond held him down. He didn't want the younger elf to struggle but he couldn't just let him go, that would only make him worse. All the struggling was going to cause him a lot of pain later.

"Let me go. They are in danger." Legolas shouted while trying to break free.

"I do not know of what you dreamed but nothing happened to them. I promise you." Even with these words the blonde elf still didn't calm down and still tried to leave. "Stop, Legolas, before you cause yourself more pain."

Not long after he said this Legolas stopped but not on his own will, he had again fallen unconscious.

Elrond sighed and sat back down, hoping that his sons would return quickly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I think it was right up there." Aragorn said pointing ahead.

They had been riding for a few hours and had finally arrived at their destination. They were at the clearing where his and Legolas' battle had taken place against the orcs. There were still bodies around them.

"How are we going to find the one arrow through all this?" Elrohir asked, voicing everyone's thoughts.

"I think that it was over here." Aragorn said, riding to the place he thought he'd pulled it out at. His voice held some uncertainty though.

The twins exchanged a glance, shrugged; then followed.

After searching for about an hour they finally found an arrow tip that was broken off. "This has to be it. I broke the tip off before I pulled it out of Legolas' leg." Aragorn carefully picked it up making sure not to touch the tip and put it in a pouch he brought along for this purpose. He tied the pouch to his belt; then jumped back on his horse. The elves did the same.

Excited that they had finally found the arrow, they left. They hoped the journey back home would turn out to be as uneventful as it was on the way. It would be one of the first times they had returned unharmed but they could hope. They all wondered how their friend fared.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Legolas still hadn't woken up since he had his nightmare and it was greatly worrying Elrond.

He dipped the rag in the water and placed it back on Legolas' forehead. His fever was only getting worse. The blonde elf constantly moved and groaned in his sleep. Elrond did his best to calm him down but nothing he did worked. The only thing that seemed to help a little was running the cool water over his unnaturally heated body.

Legolas started mumbling louder in his sleep and moving as if trying to escape someone - or something. Elrond picked up the rag and ran it along Legolas' face, telling him comforting words in elvish.

Luckily, Legoas was able to calm down and not be controled by his fevered dreams that caused him to struggle and scream, which would only cause more harm to the already suffering elf.

Another hour passed, he was starting to grow anxious. He wa usually very patient but he had a bad feeling about his sons. He knew that there would be no way that they could have made it back yet but he couldn't shake off the bad feeling. He really hoped that they could return safetly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aragorn's head was pounding, his injury acting up again, since they had been riding for hours. Every step his horse took the worse the pain became. He could barely think.

Elladan noticed that Aragorn had become a lot more quiet than he was before and it worried him. He wondered if the human had gotten himself sick. He saw that Aragorn was slumped on his horse, almost leaning against it so as not to fall.

He looked over to his younger twin and gave him a worried glance. Elrohir looked slightly confused so he pointed to Aragorn.

Elrohir looked over to his human brother and noted his pained look. He shrugged at his twin, not knowing what was wrong.

"What is wrong, Estel?" Elladan finally asked.

Aragorn had been so focused on his riding that he hadn't heard his brother's question. The horse's steps sending a sharp pain through his head. He wanted to stop but didn't want to seem weak; he also didn't want to worry his brothers, not realizing that he already was.

The twins went to either side of Aragorn. Elladan called to Aragorn again, getting no response he lightly put his hand on his leg.

Aragorn jumped when he felt something on his leg but calmed down when he found Elladan's hand on it.

"What is wrong?" Elladan repeated his question, concern written on his face.

"Do not even say it is nothing because it is obviously something." Elrohir warned Aragorn.

Aragorn sighed, his brothers knew him too well. Before he could answer an arrow flew in front of him, barely missing all of them. They had all been too concerned with Aragorn's health that they hadn't noticed the orcs that had caught up to them. They were riding wargs and had been following the two elves and human for quite a while.

"How could they get so close without us hearing them?" Elrohir asked rhetorically, drawing out his bow. Elladan and Aragorn followed their brothers movement, drawing their own bows.

Aragorn blamed himself for the orcs ablility to get so close. 'If they weren't so worried about me we would have been prepared.'

Elladan knew of Aragorn's habbit to blame himself for things that weren't his fault for he always did it whenever someone got hurt or in situations similar to this. However, he had no time to convince him otherwise since their enemies were only getting closer.

They shot a couple more arrows, killing both orcs and wargs; then they got off their horses, knowing that there was no way they'd be able to run now and they didn't want them to be injured during battle. They told the horses to hide but to be ready for them incase they were needed.

After the horses left they drew their swords getting ready for the unavoidable fight.

'Why do we always run into trouble?' Aragorn questioned himself, not in the mood to fight, with his head still paining him and their need to hurry home.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Of course I couldn't've let them get away with no danger. I mean, how interesting would that have been? ^^;;

I hope it wasn't too confusing with.... well, anything. I also hope that it didn't sound like my other fic, for those of you who are reading it. I'm trying to make it different. Remind me never to have the same thing in more fics ever again with anything, doesn't even have to be poison. Actually I might have an idea for another fic, I'm not sure though. I'm not goin' to post anything else 'til I'm done with at least one of these fics though. Yeah, well, enough of me talkin'. I hoped you enjoyed this chapt. ^_^

Plz review!! I *really* appreciate it when you peoples review! I love to hear your comments! ^_^

Ja ne ^_~