Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ Loved At Last ❯ The Rescue ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Two ~*~THE RESCUE~*~
 
~*~THE PRISONER~*~
 
Succori woke the next morning to a spear at her throat.
 
Not more please not more; too weak to fight back; must give in and do as they wish. No. Cori, listen. Don't give up. You will make it. Yes it hurts now, but it will all be over soon. Yeah, just as soon as I give in to grandfather's demands. Do you honestly think he will just let you go after you bring back Sauron? He will kill you, because you are the only one who can kill Sauron once you bring him back. You're right but I can't go on like this. I can't take the pain.Just hold on. Try to use telepathy and communicate with someone. Who would be willing to go into the forest? It's suicide for a mortal. Besides, there's nothing for miles and I'm weak. My powers won't reach beyond the woods. But you have to try. You can't give up. And you cannot die here. You still have much to do. Alright, I'll try.Thank you.
 
Hello! Is anyone out there? Aaaaaaaah!
 
Succori feels a hot, white pain sear through her body. The orcs are laughing, her own grandfather was standing there smiling…
 
~*~RESCUE PARTY~*~
 
Legolas kept an easy pace with Star Gazer as they tramped through the woods, Aragorn was always about a yard behind his companions, but he didn't mind. All he could think about was his family.
 
I wonder of Aaron is behaving. Is Arwen alright? I wish I were with them now...
 
Legolas was busy as well.
 
I hope we get there in time. Why? She isn't of any important dead. They should kill her and get it over with so you don't have to.I won't kill her; besides,no one deserves to die because of their lineage. It isn't her fault who she is. I think you're crushing on her.I don't even know her. I just have morals is all. Right. You like her in other words.Do not.
 
Suddenly, a cry of pain echoed through the woods. Succori's powers hadn't even reached outside the clearing, and therefore never even made it to her rescuers. But they heard her scream. Star's ears pricked up and the group darted toward the noise and stopped just outside the clearing.
 
Try again Succori. You cannot give up now.
 
If you can hear me, please help! Please.
Succori?
Princess?
Hey, how do I work this?
Star is that you?
Yes I'm here princess.
Who else is with you?
I am Legolas.
Um, I am Aragorn. I haven't been able to do this before. It's weird.
Be quiet and listen, please. I need your help. Where are you?
Right outside the clearing. Where are you?
I'm in a cell behind the camp.
How do we get you out?
You can't
What? Then how do we save you?
Sorry to burst your hero bubble, but I don't need you to save me.
Oh good then we can leave.
We will not. Shut up and listen Aragorn.
Thank you Lord Legolas.
What can we do to help?
Just stay out of sight until dark. Then find my cell. Star, you keep guard. Aragorn, create a diversion, and remember, they love rotting meat. I can get myself out of the cell;I'll need some help though. Everyone got it?
Got it. Charge if they try to hurt you.
No! Youmust stay out of the way until nightfall.
How am I supposed to get rotting meat?
Find a wolverine, kill it. It's as bad as rotten. Now stay out of sight and meet me at nightfall. Don't get caught, and if anything happens to Star I'll kill the both of you.
Right. May we continue talking?
Yes we—
Princess?
Succori?
What's the matter Star? What happened?
I don't know, but it isn't good. The last time she lost her telechanesis she had been shot during battle. She almost died.
What could they have done to her?
Anythingand they'll have picked the worst possible way to torment her.
I'm going to find a wolverine.
Stay safe, Arwen would kill me if something happened to you.
I'll be safe, don't worry.
He'll be dead by nightfall.
He was a ranger before the final battle.
Perhaps morning then.
 
The two gave silent peals of laughter as Aragorn walked off into the forest.
Back in the camp, Succori was being thrown back and forth between a group of orcs like a ball. She could do nothing to stop them. The thing that hurt more than anything was that she was helpless. She could do nothing to protect herself. They would all pay for this.
 
~*~JUST BEFORE NIGHTFALL~*~
 
Succori sits in her cell, working away at the cell door. Being the daughter of Sauron had its props on occasion. When she spat at Sauroman earlier, she had used a propulsion spell, the last of her magic, but she hit her mark. Her grandfather believed the acid was the magic; however, Succori had the ability to open a pore in her mouth to allow acid to flow and could therefore spit acid. She used this ability to form a small hole in three bars of the metal age door.
Meanwhile, Legolas and Star Gazer were watching everything that had gone on. Succori had been tortured numerous times. Only once did she cry out. That was when her own grandfather, sent electricity through her. They had witnessed brutal games where she was the ball or other equipment, fights between her and the orakai, sexual harassment as she was passed from orc to orc, and much worse.
 
How is she surviving this? no one can endure this much pain and still be able to pee straight, much less fight back and walk back into your cell.
Succori is not like others. She has the will to go on, and to stop her father.
Wouldn't it be less painful to just kill herself?
Is that not against an elf's beliefs? Besides, she knows Sauron will find a way to come back, with or without her.
And she is the only one able to defeat him once he has returned.
Exactly. She does not stay because it is easier or because she wants to. Andif she wanted things easy she would have killed herself long ago.
But she's still here. Why?
Why should the world suffer for one person's cowardice?
 
Then the bushes rustled as Aragorn came out, dragging an injured wolverine alone behind him.
 
Shouldn't you two be heading over to the cell?
We were waiting to make sure you arrived safely. Make sure you don't kill that thing too soon, or too late.
Yes, yes. Go on. I'll take care of it.
Right, stay safe and we'll meet either here or outside the forest. Maybe even Gondor, depending on what happens.
Right, see you there.
 
Aragorn walked a good distance away and watched his companions head around to the opposite side of the clearing.
 
Succori? Princess are you here?
I'm here.
Where? I can hardly hear you.
Down here.
 
Legolas looked down into a dark cell. At first he didn't see anything, didn't even sense a life; then Succori lifted her head.
 
Here I am.
Are you okay?
Yeah.
Can you get out?
I need water.
Here, are you going to be alright?
Yes; I'm still not quite well enough to support myself very well, can you help me out through that hole in the corner?
I'm on it. Here, can you grab my hand?
Yes I think so.
Okay hold on to me and I'll pull you out. Watch your head; don't want you to get hurt.
Believe me when I say that a bumped head is a hug compared to what I feel right now.
Succori?
Star Gazer! I thought I sent you to safety.
You did. I came back. Climb on my back.
I can't.
Yes you can.
No, they'll find us. Let's just get out of here before they finish their meal.
Okay, let's go.
 
Star Gazer and Legolas led the way out, Succori coming along behind them.
 
She's in a lot of pain.Go and help her. She wouldn't let me. She's an elf. We are a proud people, besides that, she is Sauron's daughter. She'll be defensive.You should still offer assistance. Okay, I'll try.
 
Succori?
Yes?
Are you okay? I know you must be in pain. Is there anything I can do? You can lean on me, or I'll even carry you.
Thank you, Lord Legolas, but I'm fine. And you're right, I am very proud and I wouldn't accept help even if I did need it, which I don't. Sodon't worry.
Youheardthat?
Yes. You don't have much practice in telepathy do you?
No not really. First exposure actually.
That explains it. You won't be able to control your thoughts, or who hears them, for a while. You must first at least get used to telepathy.
Right, well that could be a while, so please ignore anything you overhear, and I'm sorry if any of it offends you.
Apology accepted. Stop moving
Why?
What do you hear?
The orakai, they've noticed I'm gone. He must not have gotten enough meat. Hurry, they must not find us. Run, they're on my trail! Go, hurry!
Not without you.
I'm certainly not leaving you alone again.
Uh—men! Follow me, hurry. And pray that your friend got away.
Who's friend?
Aragorn you're okay!
Yes, fine. Where are you?
Headed out of the forest.
Where are you?
Waiting with the horses.
Perfect. Saddle up and get ready to go. We may have orakai on our trail.
Right, nice to know; I knew I should have gotten more meat.
We'll meet you there. Now you two stop blabbing and get a move on. They're gaining.
 
Star led the way through the forest, Legolas following close behind. Succori was slowly falling behind as her bruised and broken limbs started to fail her. There was only so much she could do. Pretty soon, she fell, unable to support herself any longer.
 
Princess!
Succori! Climb on my back. Hurry!
No. go on, you won't make it outif you have to carry me. Youjust wouldn't be fast enough. Go. Before it's too late.
We're not leaving without you princess.
Yes you are.
No we're not!
 
Legolas grabbed the elf maiden and ran, Star ran up ahead and led the way.
 
I told you to leave me.
Oh well.
You'll have to live with the fact that somebody cares whether or not you live.
Oh yes, now I can be kept in a room until Sauron is revived and then I will be used to destroy him. I can see that I'm cared about.
Don't be so dramatic. Can you ride?
Yes of course I can.
Legolas help her up please.
 
Legolas, in mid run, placed the elf on the horse's back and then jumped out of the forest and onto his own white mare. Aragorn was already mounted and handed Legolas the reins. Star Gazer came flying out of the trees with Succori on his back.
 
Let's go guys. Lead the way to Gondor.
Right, okay.
Are you sure you're okay?
We can deal with that later; right now we have to go. We have to get to Gondor, and to safety.
 
Before the group had gotten more than ten yards from the woods, an arrow flew out of the trees and found its mark.
 
Hope you guys liked this chapter. Please read and review, I can't get better if you don't tell me how I'm doing.