Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Fight Hina ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two
After dinner, in which Chun Li entertained her tenants about her life in Interpol she finished dinner and decided to take a bath.
Chun Li reclined on a large rock as she allowed the hot springs to work its magic on her. Her hair was done up in a pile above her head as her eyeglasses were nearby, resting on a folded washcloth.
She started to doze off when she heard the other girls' voices come from the changing room. Minutes later, Naru, Kitsune, Motoko, Suu and Shinobu enter the hot springs. They saw that the Chinese woman was there and joined her into the tub. She wasn't Keitaro, after all. On top of that, she wasn't a lecherous male in Motoko's eyes.
Naru noticed Chun Li's eyeglasses resting nearby. "You got bad eyesight?"
"Something like that," Chun Li replied mildly. "I can see fine, but whenever I try and read something, the words are blurred."
"Me too," Naru said as she sighed, allowing the waters to engulf her body.
"My Papa is also a martial artist," Sara said with pride in her voice. "He also teaches archaeology at Tokyo University."
"Your father?" Chun Li's brow wrinkled. "Your father is Professor Seta? I know him. Aside from martial arts, I sometimes teach a class on criminology there."
Naru blinked. "YOU work at Tokyo U? I'm trying to go there...once I pass the entrance exam, that is."
"As I've said, it's part time. I teach a class there three times a month." She allows herself a small grin. "Guess it pays to be ex-Interpol. Ryu however is content with the school."
"How did you two meet?" Shinobu asked.
"At a martial arts tournament, five years ago. I was with Interpol at the time and I was going after the tournament's host, a man by the name of Bison." Chun Li paused for a moment. "He killed my father."
The gathered silence showed that she had their complete attention, so Chun Li continued with her story.
"In order to fight him, I had to go through the best fighters in the world...until there was one more left. I thought that he would fall like all the others. But I was wrong. Even going through a seven-foot kickboxer, he still defeated me and later on, went on to defeat Bison." A sardonic grin crept across her face. "I should have been happy. Instead, I was mad at him for defeating Bison. Then a year later, he and his friend were in Hong Kong..."


Chun Li had sent him a challenge through Ken, telling her rival to meet her in front of the abandoned mountain temple overlooking the city. When she arrived at the designated location, he was already there. And he was alone, still in his usual fighting attire, looking over the city of Hong Kong.
"I like the view here," Ryu said as he turned around, facing his opponent. "Very serene and peaceful." He tucked his thumbs into his belt. "But you didn't come here to admire the scenery. You came for a fight, right?"
"Enough talk," Chun Li spat out. "Get ready!"

===

"I fought him again," Chun Li continued. "And like before, I let my anger get the best of me."


"Shinkuu...HADOUKEN!"
WHAM!
The impact of the massive ball of ki energy slammed into Chun Li sending her flying into the side of a tree, knocking the wind out of her.
"Why are you holding back?" Ryu asked.
Chun Li glared at him. "I'm NOT holding back! I'll get you yet!"
Ryu shook his head. "You're hurt, Inspector Xiang. This match is over." After looking into her eyes, he asked her, "What have I done to you? Why are you so mad at me?"
Holding her side, Chun Li managed to get to her knees. "You...you took my chance of getting revenge for my father!"
Ryu frowned. "How did I do that?"
"Bison...HE KILLED MY FATHER!"
"Oh...I'm sorry for you loss," Ryu said with genuine sympathy. "You may be good, but you weren't ready to fight him."
"HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW?! I COULD HAVE BEATEN HIM!"
"How can you beat him when I alone am too much for you?" Ryu retorted. "He would have killed you and your father's death would have gone unavenged."
"SHUT UP!" Chun Li screamed as she lunged at Ryu, fist raised. Ryu calmly sidestepped the blow. He then parried several of her blows before tossing her to the ground.
Chun Li looked at him with nothing but hatred in her eyes. "I HATE YOU!"
Ryu looked at the woman and shook her head. "I pity you, Inspector Xiang. Hatred and pride can take you so far until it consumes you. Believe me, I know first hand at what it can do because it almost destroyed me."
Chun Li's next comment died on her tongue as she noted the sadness in his voice.
"As I've said, you're not ready because you let your rage control you," Ryu continued. "Let go of your hate, Inspector. Let go of your hate, your anger and your rage. Once those are gone, then you will be unstoppable."
He walked past her. He then stopped and added, "Once you mastered yourself, come to Japan and find me at the Ansatsuken dojo outside of Tokyo. I will grant you your rematch."
He then left, leaving Chun Li to weep bitterly.

===

"As much as I hate to admit it," Chun Li continued, "he was right. He was right about everything. So, I devoted myself to my training, and followed his advice. Then, about eight months later, I came here, to Japan to find him. He was where he said he was going to be at, the old Ansatsuken School."

===

Ansatsuken Dojo, Japan. Chun Li stood in front of her opponent. She was wearing her one-piece tracksuit, while her opponent was dressed in a grey-blue karate gi and his red headband. Watching from the sidelines, were the two grandmasters of Ansatsuken, Gouken and Gouki, Ryu's friend, Ken Masters and Ryu's student, Sakura Kasugano.
Chun Li had arrived during the birthday of Master Gouken. She had to wait until the following day in order to get her match.
The two fighters squared off, giving the other no quarter. Chun Li noticed that Ryu's skills had increasingly improved, while Ryu noticed that Chun Li had taken his advice to heart, giving him a run for his money.
However, the outcome was something that neither person had expected.
A draw.
Chun Li had ended up dislocating Ryu's shoulder, injuring her ankle in the process. Seeing that no one was good enough to continue, both Gouken and Gouki ended the match.


===

"Turned out I cracked my ankle," Chun Li explained. "To tell you the truth, I really didn't care. I was so exhausted, I passed out. When I woke up the next day, Ryu was there."

===

Groaning to herself, Chun Li opened her eyes. The first thing she saw was Ryu, seated in a chair, looking out the window. He then turned his attention back to her. "You're finally awake. You slept like the dead," he said with a lopsided grin.
Chun Li noticed that Ryu was in casual clothes: a black T-shirt and denim pants. His arm was in a sling. Chun Li realized that she was still dressed in her tracksuit, but saw that her bruises and ankle were properly dressed and tended to.
"How long was I out?" she asked, sitting up. She then noticed that her hair was undone.
"A day." He smiles at her again, a complete contrast to the fighting machine that has bested her twice in combat. "I really should thank you, Inspector. It's been a while since someone's made me fight with my all."
"Chun Li," she replied. "My name is Chun Li."
"Chun Li..." Ryu repeated. "'Beautiful Spring.' Nice name." Off her surprised look, Ryu continued. "Yes, I speak Chinese. I also speak English, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese." He motioned to her bandaged ankle. "You cracked your ankle in our last match. You need some time to heal." He stood up. "Consider yourself a guest of the Ansatsuken Dojo. If you need anything, feel free to ask." He pointed to a pair of crutches nearby. "Those are for you, should you need to get around the place."

===

Chun Li reclined against the rock. "To tell you the truth, I really didn't know why I decided to stay after my ankle healed," she said, smiling. "There was something...different about him, aside the fact that he was Japanese. Falling for him was the last thing I had planned, but I did."
Everyone was now interested in the story that Chun Li was telling her.
"We got married in a private ceremony in America," Chun Li explained. "Afterwards, I settled my affairs in Hong Kong and moved here. I suggested to him that we should open a school for martial arts here and he agreed."
Motoko couldn't hear any more and quickly departed from the hot springs.
"Sorry about Motoko," Kitsune apologized. "Her sister had relinquished her position as Shihan and left the school to her."
Chun Li feigned surprise. "I didn't know that," she said. Having worked numerous undercover cases had allowed her to lie with a straight face. "It must be hard for her."
'I should get an award for this,' Chun Li thought. ‘I could give Fei a run for his money with acting.'
"So how long are you going to be the manager?" Naru asked.
"Two months," Chun Li replied, "but my husband is also coming and we will split the responsibilities of running the dorm. He is also good at construction repair. He's taught me some of it, but he enjoys working with his hands."
'Just what we need,' Naru thought darkly. 'Another man inside the dorm.'
"As I've said," Chun Li replied, "he will be here along with Keitaro tomorrow." She stood up and stepped out of the hot springs, Kitsune eyeing Chun Li's curves with a slightly envious glare. Chun Li took her bathrobe and slipped it over her shoulders. Wrapping a towel around her head, she bid her tenants farewell and left the hot spring.
As soon as she left, Kitsune pouted. "No fair. Her chest is bigger than mine."
Naru sighed. "I don't know, Kitsune. There's something about her that makes me...uneasy."
In the coming days, Naru would find out that she was right.