Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Fight Hina ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Six
Two weeks had passed since the strike and sure enough, Ryu and Chun Li made Naru and Motoko's lives miserable with the near-staggering workload they had planned for them, while Haruka made Kitsune’s life a living hell. Even with her martial arts training, Motoko was exhausted and the only thing that the girls could do after that week was simply eat, take a bath, when fall asleep.
However, given the tempers of both Naru and Motoko, that wasn't going to last.

===

That morning, Ryu had left an announcement with Chun Li, who told the girls that Ryu was taking the day off. As usual, Naru, being the most vocal of the girls, immediately shouted that the manager should be at the dorm at all times. Chun Li, her patience with the redhead growing thin, reminded her that she was also the manager and that Ryu was taking today off for 'personal reasons,' and that she was in charge of the dorm until he comes back.
Naru was outside sweeping the stone walkway when Motoko, who was finished with her chores long before Naru, came from around the house, dressed in her hakama and sweating, following her training session. Chun Li had gone shopping, taking Shinobu, Suu and Sara with her and Kitsune was working at Haruka's shop.
Apparently, the two girls were still mad over the failed strike.
"I can't believe this!" Naru huffed, throwing down the broom in frustration. "Just wait until that baka comes back!"
Motoko nodded. "Urashima has crossed the line this time. These chores are the responsibility of the manager, not us. I think it's high time to remind him what his responsibilities are once Ryu and Chun Li are gone."
Naru was about to reply when she heard voices coming from the stairs. Motoko stiffened slightly as she felt the ki signatures of three more persons other than Ryu.
Naru turned to the stairway and marched over there. "I am going to give those two a piece of my--" She stopped in her tracks as to what she saw. Motoko stood beside her.
Ryu was walking up the stairway, but he wasn't alone. Flanking him on both sides, were two men, older than he was, Sakura, and another man walking beside her. Ryu was dressed in a simple gray-and-black hakama, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His headband was wrapped around his forehead. The man on the left was just as built, despite his age. He was bald, with white hair on the sides of his head and a flowing white beard.
A scar was evident over his left eyebrow and his arms showed even more scars on them. To both Hinata House residents, he reminded them of the ascetic yamabushi of old, due to his homely appearance, as well as the brown tattered gi he wore. On his neck, he wore a massive set of prayer beads. If anything, he could pass for Ryu's grandfather.
It was, however, the man on the fight that made both Naru and Motoko uneasy. The second man was younger than the other man, but still older than Ryu. Instead of a hakama, he was dressed in a tattered black karate gi, with a length of coarse brown rope wrapped around his waist in lieu of a belt. His hair was red, with gray streaks on the sides, and tied into a topknot, although to Naru and Motoko, it reminded them of a flaming lotus bud.
Unlike the other man's gentle face, his expression was the exact opposite. His face looked like it was ready for battle, the eyes red, the end result of an exorcism gone wrong.
Sakura was dressed in a simple yukata, her hair neatly combed back. The last man was American, just as muscular as Ryu, both Naru and Motoko deducted, with shoulder-length reddish blond hair tied into a ponytail, and unlike his Japanese counterparts, was dressed in a tailored suit.
Motoko got over her shock. "What is the meaning of this?" she demanded.
Ryu looked at the female kendoist. "It is none of your concern, Aoyama. Now move."
"Just where were you?!" Naru half-shouted. "You are supposed to be here for the residents! And this is still a women's dormitory! You can't just walk out of here--"
"Narusegawa," Ryu cut in, his voice taking on a steely hardness. "Shut the hell up. You, or that pathetic excuse for a kendoist, are in no position to tell me what I can and can not do. I, as well as my wife, are the managers here, not you." He pointed to the other three men. "They are here because I invited them. The two older men are my masters in Ansatsuken, and the American is a friend of mine, so either you show them the utmost respect while they are here or I will show you the door."
Naru backed off. Following the failed strike, Naru knew that Ryu could drop her in an instant. Ryu saw that Motoko still had her sword out, preparing to attack the red-haired man. "Aoyama, I said to put your sword away, now."
The man in the black gi turned to Ryu. "Aoyama, you say?" he quipped, his voice deep and resonating power that made Naru flinch. "I didn't know you had a Shinmei Ryu runt here, Ryu."
"How...dare you, you...vile male!" Motoko shouted. "You dare insult my school and my honor?"
"And what exactly are you going to do about it, pup?" the dark man taunted, turning back to Motoko.
Motoko charged at the newcomer, sword held high. When she got close enough, the man merely caught her wrists in a vice like grip and just as Ryu had done; disarmed her and Motoko found herself feeling the sword's blade against her throat.
"All too easy," the man said. "Is this what the Shinmei Ryu producing now? Your ancestors would be turning in their graves." His grip on the sword tightened. "A word of advice, little one. Try and show your elders a little bit more respect. You'll live longer that way."
Ryu turned to the other man. "Master Gouken, do you mind?"
Gouken sighed. "Gouki, you have made your point. Let the girl go."
Gouki, or Akuma rather removed the sword and tossed it to the ground, the blade sticking out. "Be thankful to my brother, and to Ryu that I won't spill your guts to the light of day." He walked back to the other three Ansatsuken masters. He cast another hard glare at Motoko, who was visibly shaken before turning to Ryu and the others. All three men walked inside the dorm without further incident.
Naru rushed over to Motoko, who was still visibly shaken. "It's him..." she breathed.”I...I have thought that Ryu was bluffing when he said he practiced Ansatsuken..."
"Who were they?" Naru asked, noticing the damp spot that was appearing on Motoko's hakama pants. Whoever the guy was, he had scared Motoko to point that she had urinated on herself.
Motoko slumped to her knees. "Akuma...the...'The Master of the Fists.' I...I thought he was just a myth."
At that moment, Chun Li and the others showed up, carrying bags of groceries. Chun Li looked at Motoko. "What happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost."
"Some guy named Akuma did this to her," Naru said. "He scared her senseless."
Chun Li nodded in understanding. "You didn't attack him did you, Motoko? He has that effect on most people who try to fight him."
Naru looked at Chun Li. "Why are you so calm about this? He could have mauled Motoko!"
"And he didn't," Chun Li replied, "because today is the anniversary of Master Gotetsu's death. Gotetsu is the man who trained Ryu's masters. That is why they are here. Motoko got lucky he didn't attack her, and believe me when I say this...Akuma is scary whenever he fights. The other man is Master Gouken."
"Who is the blond guy that was with him?" Naru asked.
"That's Ken Masters," Chun Li replied. "They both trained together. He is also the heir of the Masters family fortune, and sponsors several of the high schools and cram schools here."
Naru blinked. "That was Ken Masters? The Pan-American champion?"

===

Inside the dining room, Sakura served the four men tea before excusing herself from the room.
Gouken looked around. "This place still looks the same. Where's Hina?"
"From what Keitaro has told me, she has gone on a world tour," Ryu replied. "She has been gone for some time."
"So," Akuma began, "what is it that you wanted to tell us?"
"Chun Li and I have decided to open a joint-martial arts school on the other side of Kanagawa," Ryu replied. "We have already found a perfect location near Red Sparrow."
"And you want our blessings," Gouken surmised.
"Not to mention some extra funds and a sponsor," Ken butted in.
Ryu nodded.
"Well...now that you're married and settled down, it would be good for you to pass on our skills," Gouken said after thinking about it long and hard. "And you might need some help in teaching the students, so perhaps Gouki and I can be of assistance when needed."
"But what are you going to call the school?" Akuma asked. "No one in their right mind would attend a school whose translation means 'Assassin Fist.'"
"I got that covered, Uncle," Ryu replied. "Everyone seems to think that our fighting style is for some reason a Shotokan variant of karate. Chun Li and I have decided to call the dojo the Shotokan-Wushu School of Martial Arts."
At that moment, Chun Li entered the dining room, balancing the bags of groceries. She exchanged greetings with Ken and the older men before excusing herself to the kitchen to put away the food.
"As for the school," Gouken continued, "You have my blessings."
"And mine as well," Akuma added.
Ryu acknowledged them both with a nod to the head. "Thank you." He looked at Ken. "Well?"
Ken folded his arms across his chest. "You know what I want."
Both Gouken and Akuma knew where this was going. Chun Li, who had been listening in on the conversation, also knew.
Ryu smiled. "You don't get tired of this, do you?"
Ken smirked to himself. "I could say the same for you."
"Maybe," Ryu replied, "but I got the better win record between us. On the roof, five minutes."

===

Ryu and Ken faced off on the rooftop of Hinata House where Shinobu would hang her laundry. Ryu was dressed in his usual tattered white gi and red headband, while Ken was dressed in his red gi, which was in the same condition as Ryu's.
Both men turned to Gouken and Akuma and bowed, showing respect for their masters. The two elder Ansatsuken fighters nodded back, both of them with their arms folded. Chun Li also stood on the sidelines, standing beside Gouken, while Sakura stood near the stairs.
The two younger fighters turned to each other and went into their fighting stances after bowing to one another. It was a basic Ansatsuken side stance that they both used; the left arm led out in front, deceptively low but ready to parry away a slew of assaults from any angle, while the right was held closer to his face, clenched into a loose fist which could attack or defend at a moment's notice.
Then the fight began.
Ken, ever the aggressor, attacked first, throwing several punches to Ryu's head and chest areas, the Japanese fighter defending and parrying the attacks, before Ryu fought back, his one of his punches glancing off of Ken's head, snapping it to the side, before Ken countered with a punch of his own.
As the fight continued, Naru, Motoko and Kitsune appeared from the stairs and saw the fight between the two men. Motoko, as well as Naru kept their distance from Akuma, remembering well their last encounter from earlier, while Kitsune stayed away from Chun Li, the Hinata House residents preferring to stand around Sakura.
Kitsune was watching Ken with interest. "He's cute. Who is he?" she asked Sakura.
"Ken Masters," Sakura replied. "He's also trained in Ansatsuken and he is a longtime friend and rival of Ryu."
Motoko blinked. "Ken Masters? That's Ken Masters? The Pan-American champion?"
Apparently, Motoko remembered Ken Masters from earlier. The Masters Foundation was one of the sponsors of her school, as well as one of the sponsors of her school's Karate and Kendo teams. "That gaijin is also a master in Ansatsuken?" the kendoist asked.
Sakura nodded. "That gaijin you speak of is half-Japanese," she replied flatly.
Meanwhile, the match continued. Ken's style of Ansatsuken was more style than substance, while Ryu's was more substance. They had both agreed not to use their ki attacks, since one misfired Hadouken would put the spectators' lives at risk.
It was, however, one miscalculation that cost Ken the match. His ego getting the best of him, he attempted a Shoryuken, but missed. When he landed, Ryu was in the air, spinning, the last thing Ken saw before he was sent spinning to the ground was Ryu's outstretched foot slamming into his face three times.
"Tatsumaki...Senpuukyaku!"
Naru winced as Ryu's Hurricane Gale Kick connected, knocking Ken to the floor.
Ken decided that enough was enough. "Okay, okay. You win this round."
Ryu extended his hand and helped Ken to his feet. They both bowed to each other, and then to Gouken and Akuma, who returned the gesture.

===

Later on, as the girls were in their rooms, Keitaro, who was visiting, asked to speak with Ryu and Chun Li in private.
The two interim landlords and the vacationing landlord were in the dining room, having tea. "I hope the girls aren't causing you too much trouble," Keitaro said.
Ryu shrugged his shoulders. "They are just spoiled, with the exception of Mutsumi and the younger ones. They are not quite used to hard work. So what do you want to see us for?"
Keitaro leaned back in his seat. "Several of my friends are in need of a place to stay. Like me when I first came here, they were kicked out. I'm telling you two this beforehand. I'm going to change Hinata House into a co-ed dormitory."
Chun Li could almost see the reactions from Naru, Motoko and Kitsune. "Are you sure about this?" she asked.
Keitaro nodded firmly.
"So..." Chun Li began. "Who delivers the news to the girls?"
"I will," Keitaro said. "Granny Hina left this place to me and this is my decision."
Ryu nodded. "Now you know what it means to finally stand up for yourself, Keitaro."
"One more thing, Ryu." Off Ryu's puzzled look, Keitaro asked, "Did your sensei really made Motoko pee in her hakama?"
Ryu grinned. "You would have enjoyed it, Keitaro. The look on her face was priceless."

===

Fortunately, the following day was their much-deserved day off. So before they could enjoy it, Chun Li and Ryu had asked them to come to the common room for an announcement.
Upon arriving, they saw that Keitaro was waiting for them, along with Haruka as the girls sat down. Suu, however, had another idea in her head.
"Keitaro!" Suu cried, leaping towards the vacationing manager in her usual fashion, which was a greeting dropkick. Keitaro, having been dropkicked one too many times by Suu, ducked and Suu went flying past him, crashing into a crate which had came in earlier that day. Fortunately for Suu, she had crashed and burned into the promised crate of bananas that Ryu had shipped from Brazil.
Almost immediately, Naru, Motoko and Kitsune were relieved. After working their fingers to the bone, and having been kicked out, Keitaro was finally back.
"Are you coming back as manager?" Naru asked.
"Please come back, Urashima," Motoko pleaded.
Keitaro shook his head. "No. I came here because I have an announcement to make." He looked at the girls closely. "As of this moment, Hinata House is no longer a Girls-only dormitory. It is now co-ed."
The reaction was almost instantaneous.
"A CO-ED DORM?!" Naru screamed. "ARE YOU CRAZY?!"
"I cannot accept this, Urashima!" Motoko shouted. "What about Suu and Shinobu?! They could be put at risk!"
"Granny Hina would have never allowed this!" Kitsune shouted.
"SHUT UP!" Keitaro bellowed with enough anger in his voice. This caused the other girls to back off as Keitaro glared at all three. "You three are in no position to be telling me what I can and can not do! I am still the landlord of this dorm!" He was screaming at the top of his lungs now, having completely snapped. "Either you accept my decisions and live with it or you can pack your shit and get the hell out of my dorm!"
Naru, Motoko and Kitsune were taken aback at their manager's words. Haruka was impressed that her nephew had finally grown a spine. The same couldn't be said for both Naru and Motoko, since they both charged at Keitaro.
"YOU DAMNED BASTARD!" Naru screamed.
"PREPARE TO DIE, URASHIMA!" Motoko cried out as she reached for her shinai, having left her sword left in her room.
"Myuh...myuh."
In Motoko's path, was Tama-chan. The Okinawan hot springs turtle was at Motoko's eyelevel, seeing as how she was flying. In an instant, Motoko's rage at Keitaro was immediately overridden by her phobia of turtles.
"T-turtle! Get it away from me!" Motoko screamed as she swung her shinai at Tama. In her state of fear, she had inadvertently caught Naru full in the face, knocking Naru out cold. Then Tama landed on Motoko's head. At that moment, Motoko passed out.
Keitaro looked at the sight of Naru and Motoko on the floor in a heap. "Serves them right," he said before turning to the door. He stopped to turn to Ryu and Chun Li. "I was hoping that they would assault me. That way I could evict them."
Kitsune blinked. "You were going to evict them?"
Without hesitating, Keitaro replied, "Yes...and you as well. You should be thanking me, Kitsune. Ryu and Chun Li talked me out of it and took this job of running this damn circus. I'd watch myself if I were you."