Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Fight Hina ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Eight
Motoko was taken back to her room. Keitaro, in the meantime, had told Shinobu, Suu and Sara the chain of events which lead to Motoko losing.
Meanwhile, in Motoko's room, the unconscious kendo mistress was laid out on her futon. Haruka, Naru and Kitsune were watching over her, still in shock over what had happened moments earlier.
Kitsune's eyes were wide open. "I'd never though I'd see the day that Motoko would lose."
"Me neither," Naru said.
From her place by the door, Haruka noted, "She's not going to take this lightly, you know. First she loses to Ryu, and then her sword is destroyed when she tried to attack Ryu from behind."
Naru turned to the older woman. "Haruka, how can you allow this?! Ryu nearly killed Motoko out there!"
Haruka shrugged her shoulders. "It's out of my hands." She replied in her deadpan voice. "Keitaro won't do anything about it. It's his decision," she said before leaving the room. As she stopped at the doorway, she added, "Motoko should have known better. Her ego and her male complex were the reasons why she lost today."
She then left the scene. After a few moments, Naru stood up and walked to the door. "Where are you going?"
"I need answers," Naru replied.
Kitsune followed Naru out of Motoko's room. After a brief search, they found Sakura in the dining room, taking notes for her classes. In the back of Naru's mind, she was considering attacking Sakura, but seeing that Sakura herself was Ryu's student in the martial arts, they would have been a bad move on her part.
Sakura looked up from her notebook. "I tried to warn Motoko about Ryu, you know," she said as she placed her pencil down. "What you saw was only a fraction of what he's capable of."
Both Naru and Kitsune sat down. "Ryu said something about Ansatsuken Shinjutsu being the opposite of Motoko's style," Naru said. "What did he mean by that?"
"He only told me about it several times," Sakura replied. "Back during the Warring States era, there were two main styles of fighting: the Shinmei Ryu, or God's Cry School, and the Ansatsuken School. As you know, Ansatsuken translates to as either Assassin or Murderous Fist. The hand-to-hand combat style incorporates elements of Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, and Koppo. However, it wasn't enough to deal with the paranormal, so a sword fighting style was created, combining the code of Bushido with that of the secretive arts of Ninjitsu. As a result, Ansatsuken Shinjutsu was born."
"Like the Shinmei Ryu style," Sakura continued, "The Ansatsuken School dealt with the paranormal, demons and such. Masters Gouken and Akuma deal with the supernatural. In fact, Akuma's current look is the end result of an exorcism gone wrong, since the evil oni had gave him his spooky appearance. When Ryu said that his style is the opposite of Motoko's he meant it." She leaned in closer. "While Motoko's style utilizes positive ki energy, Ansatsuken utilizes both positive and negative ki energy when it came to exorcising demons." She then imitated Ryu's voice, "'It's not the blade, but one's past sins that will destroy a demon.' Ryu told that to me when I asked him about it."
"So why haven't we heard about the Ansatsuken style then?" Naru asked.
"Because during the Second World War, the Ansatsuken School rebelled against the militant Japanese government," Sakura replied. "Several members of the school were Chinese. The school was founded on ideas of equality and fairness towards all who trained. They were nearly wiped out by the Japanese military, with the exception of two members: Sheng Long, the grandmaster at the time, and his pupil, Gotetsu. Later on, Gotetsu trained Gouken and Gouki, Ryu's masters. Gouken retired from fighting to live in the mountains while Gouki became the Shinjutsu master. Ryu had to fight him in order to become the Shihan. Once Ryu won the match, Gouki awarded him the title of Shihan, as well as that sword he uses."
Sakura paused for a moment. "Look, I know you got issues with Ryu and his wife. But they are good people and I look up to them very much."
Naru snorted. "Like I haven't heard that before."
"I'm serious," Sakura said. "You may think they're being hard on you, but all they're trying to do is to instill some responsibility into all of you and to show you how Keitaro feels when you and Motoko send him into low-Earth orbit."
"So does Ryu deal with the paranormal?" Kitsune asked.
Sakura nodded. "I remember a friend of mine being possessed by a demon one time. Ryu was there to exorcise the demon out of her. So yeah, he dabbles in it quite a bit, but not too much. That sword he uses is an heirloom that has been passed down for generations. You got to have great discipline to wield it. Legend has it that it holds the powers of great warriors from the past."
Sakura looked at the two Hinata House tenants. "I'm only going to say this once: stay on their good sides. You won't like them when they are mad. What you saw outside was a mere fraction of what he is capable of." The tone in her voice showed that she was serious. "There's more to the story."
"Like what?" Naru asked.
"After the sword fighting style was created, the Ansatsuken School branched out into two sects. One which uses positive, or light ki energy, while the other uses negative, or dark energy. Ryu can use both, as you have seen outside. Ryu was trained by both Masters Gouken and Akuma, which makes him even more dangerous, as Motoko have witnessed first-hand. Promise me that you won't make him or Chun Li mad."

===

Several days had passed since the battle outside the annex. Ryu was outside, sitting on the stairs while Chun Li had exited the dorm, fresh from her bath and dressed in casual attire: which consisted of a blue tanktop, track pants and tennis shoes. Ryu was clad in a simple white T-shirt and denim pants. On his feet, was a pair of leather sandals. His headband was still around his head.
From the tree that had fell, Ryu had carved and fashioned two wooden bokkens. He was smoothing out the last one, as he noticed two people - a teenage girl around Sakura's age and a slightly overweight Japanese man. The girl was Japanese, with curly blonde hair tied back with a blue ribbon. The red-and-white fighting uniform was a dead giveaway.
Ryu frowned immediately as both he and Chun Li recognized the newcomers as they both reached the summit. "I don't think you came to rent a room, Karin," he said mildly.
Karin Kanzuki, along with her retainer, Ishizaki, scoffed. "Like I would be caught living in such a decadent place," she replied. "You know what I want."
"Sakura left earlier," Ryu replied flatly. "She is not here."
Neither person noticed Ishizaki sneak into Hinata House.

===

Once Ishizaki was inside the dorm, he set about to find Sakura and bring her outside on Karin's orders. He looked around the common room. No one was there. The girls were in the baths, while Kentaro was working at Haruka's cafe and Haitani and Shirai were hanging with Keitaro for the day.
Approaching the hot springs' changing room door, Ishizaki discovered the sign hanging outside, which read in English and Japanese BATH OCCUPIED - PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB.
Unfortunately, Ishizaki chose to ignore the sign as he entered the changing room.
Outside, Ryu and Chun Li still had their hands full with the annoying Karin.
"I told you already, Karin," Ryu insisted, his irritation with the Kanzuki heiress rising. "Sakura left earlier with several of her friends."
Karin smirked. "Is that so? Maybe your student is a coward to face me."
Ryu puffed at that. Sure his apprentice whined and complained on certain things, but cowardice wasn't one of her strong points. "If memory calls, you fought Sakura three times in the past...and you lost three times," he replied coolly. "You even challenged her on her graduation day and you lost then."
That remark made Karin extremely angry. It was at that moment Chun Li felt something was wrong. "Where's that butler of yours?" she asked.
Karin humped. "I sent him inside. I know you two are covering for Sakura."
Both Ryu and Chun Li exchanged worried glances. They turned to the dorm just as...
"YOU PERVERT!"
KA-POW!
All three fighters saw the screaming body of Ishizaki being propelled into the air before falling back into the hot springs, which was followed by...
"DAMN YOU, YOU VILE MALE! HIKEN ZANKUUSEN!"
WHAM!

===

What had happened was the fact that Ishizaki hadn't found Sakura Kasugano in the baths upon entering the hot springs. Instead, he found the four eldest girls of Hinata House bathing, Naru Narusegawa, Mutsumi Otohime, Motoko Aoyama and Mitsune Konno.
And the reactions on two of the temperamental girls' faces were instant. There was a man in a hot spring full of naked women, which was perfect for venting out their much pent up rage as they imagined the hapless Kanzuki butler as their manager.
Both Naru and Motoko, ignoring the fact that they were both naked, charged at Ishizaki, Naru with her fists at the ready while Motoko had a shinai in both hands.
"YOU PERVERT!" Naru screamed knocking Ishizaki straight into the air with a Super Naru Punch. Ishizaki screamed on the way down, right at Motoko.
"DAMN YOU, YOU VILE MALE!" Motoko shouted. "HIKEN ZANKUUSEN!"
This time, Motoko's ki blast had sent Ishizaki through the changing room doors, where he bounced off the wall and through the other changing room doors which lead to Hinata House's corridors.

===

Karin was alarmed. "What the hell is going on there?" she yelled as she started to take off for the dorm, but was held fast by Ryu. "Let go of me!"
"Trust me," Ryu replied. "You don't want to go in there just yet."

===

Ishizaki was being chased through the corridors of the Hinata House by Naru and Motoko, both now wearing nothing but bathrobes and towels. The Kanzuki butler managed to give them the slip, but as he rounded the corner, he ran right into one of Suu's most infamous greeting dropkicks, which connected right in his face.
"Cool!" Suu shouted. "I got a new playmate!" She was holding a remote control in her hands. "And just in time too! I had Mecha-Tama patrolling the halls for panty-snatchers, and I found one!"
As soon as Suu pressed the button, a mechanical turtle appeared, the same size and length as Tama herself. Before Ishizaki could do anything, Mecha-Tama fired off an energy blast, which knocked Ishizaki through a wall (which Keitaro had boarded up after Naru had knocked him through shortly before hiring Ryu and Chun Li).
Ishizaki shook the cobwebs out of his head as he heard Naru and Motoko's voices nearby.
"Where is he?!"
"He's in here! The male is in here!"
'These women are insane!' Ishizaki thought as he scrambled to his feet and out the door. 'If I don't get back to Mistress Karin soon, they are going to kill me!'
Rounding the corner, he saw that Suu and her Mecha-Tama was blocking the front door, while Naru and Motoko were closing in on him fast from the rear.
That distraction cost him, since Suu had Mecha-Tama fire another energy blast at the hapless butler, knocking him into Naru and Motoko. With clumsiness reminding them of Keitaro, Ishizaki found one hand on Naru's chest, and the other on Motoko's thigh.
If the girls were mad now, they were literally seeing red as they both attacked at the same time; Naru with a Power Naru Punch, while Motoko broke her shinai beating Ishizaki into a bloody pulp.
It was the second Naru-punch that sent Ishizaki through the open door and back outside. Whimpering, Ishizaki scrambled behind the safety of Karin as Naru and Motoko came running out.
In an instant, Karin stood at the ready to defend her battered retainer. But before the fight began, Chun Li put a stop to it. "Hold it!"
Motoko and Naru stopped in their tracks. Naru's fists were sore while Motoko had produced a new shinai.
Karin looked at her injured butler, then back at Naru and Motoko. "You did this to Ishizaki?" she asked.
"That pervert peeked on us in the hot springs!" Naru shouted.
Motoko held her shinai in a combat stance. "He will face justice."
"You two have attacked my retainer," Karin said, "a retainer of the Kanzuki family! You will pay for this offense."
"Looking for me?" Sakura asked from the stairs.
Karin froze slightly as she turned around. Sakura was standing there, having returned from visiting friends in Tokyo.
"You think I'm lying now?" Ryu asked Karin crossly. "They way I see it, you have two choices, Karin. You can leave here and see after your man, or I call Suu and tell her that she has a new playmate, and Naru and Motoko have a new punching bag."
Almost immediately, Ishizaki grabbed Karin's legs in a vice grip. "Don't leave me here, Mistress Karin! Not with these girls!"
Karin smacked him on the back of his head. "Let go, idiot!" Once Ishizaki released Karin's leg, she marched to the stairs. Before descending the stairway, she stopped and turned to Sakura. "This isn't over, Kasugano. Next time, your sensei won't be there to save you."
"It never is for you," Sakura said. "When you come, I'll be ready."
Karin left the dorm, with Ishizaki limping after her. Naru and Motoko glared at the retreating figure until Chun Li cleared her throat.
"Would you two care to explain why you are wearing nothing but a towel and a bathrobe?" Chun Li asked.
After Naru and Motoko explained everything that happened, Ryu nodded. He turned to Chun Li. "It's your call," he said before walking back to the dorm, with Sakura following him.
Chun Li thought about it for a moment. "Since Ishizaki didn't listen to reason and he did come in the hot springs, this one is on the house. You two had a perfectly good reason in attacking him."
Both Naru and Motoko were shocked. Chun Li had actually supported them in this case.
"Get some clothes on," Chun Li said, "otherwise you will catch a cold."