Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Fuyuoka ❯ Entries 4-7 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

August 6th, 1999

Two months, I’ve been in this Hell, and only now do I have time to relate all that’s happened.

I used to think that I was able to handle losing my temper. I thought I could keep it under wraps, as it were, and always be able to go vent someplace else when I needed to.

I came to my grandmother’s inn with a hint of trepidation. She’s never exactly been fond of me. Or Kanako, for that matter. It has something to do with our parents-I think that because my dad chose to leave Hinata rather than continue the family business of running the Hinata Sou, our ancestral home, and married a woman who wasn’t of any of the “approved” families the Urashima clan traditionally married into, was what made my grandma consider them pariahs.

And because they couldn’t have kids of their own, our presence just made things worse.

So it wasn’t as much of a surprise as I thought It would be to learn that my grandma had deliberately left out the fact that she’d turned our ancestral home into a dormitory for insane girls.

I took a soak in the hot springs when I got there. Running all the way from Fuyuoka to Hinata Springs isn’t exactly a walk in the park-Despite the fact that I can run fast enough that people can’t see me, it was HOT. And my skin can stop bullets, not sweat.

I was just starting to relax when a nude girl with long red hair came in. I froze. She kind of sidled into the water and sighed happily. I was transfixed. I couldn’t help it.

She was hot. I mean really hot.

Then, she started groping me, saying that my breasts would one day be as big as hers. And then, she put on her glasses. She saw me clearly.

And she started screaming. “HELP! SOMEBODY! PERVERT! AIIIEEE!”

And, as you can imagine, I got the hell out of there!

My super speed nearly got a blonde girl with REALLY nice, er… Assets, killed. And then, I crashed through a laundry basket that this little blonde, dark-skinned girl was carrying. Which was filled with women’s underwear.

Finally, I got to the roof, looking around frantically. From some of the stuff my biological parents had left me, I would one day be able to fly. But so far, I’ve never been able to do it. Well, unless you count floating above my bed in my sleep.

And that was when this beautiful girl with long, raven black hair, swinging a sword came rushing at me. I sidestepped instinctively, barely dodging the blow. Then the blonde foreign girl attacked with a kick, which I barely dodged again. If I used my super speed here, it’d raise too many questions.

Finally, I decided to get the hell out of here the easy way, when the red-headed girl (somehow, she’d gotten dressed in her sweater, a skirt, stockings and shoes in the few seconds I’d needed to get to the roof) punched me. If I hadn’t jumped away with all my strength at the moment of contact, (which sent me flying high above the roof and crashing into the pavement below) she’d have shattered her hand.

They surrounded me on the ground, as I tried to get up. They were going to call the police. I felt a surge of panic-If they got me, they’d start asking about the crater in the pavement, and why I wasn’t hurt, and then…

“Leave him alone!”

“Aunt Haruka!” I rushed over to her and hugged her. The wheeze from her mouth told me I’d used too much of my strength, so I quickly loosened the grip.

Anyway, it turned out that Granny Hina had made me the de-facto owner and manager of the Hinata. Aunt Haruka had tried to get me into the dorm by having me lie that I was a Toudai student, but I managed to keep to the truth.

I’m a terrible liar anyway. I’m amazed I’ve kept my secret this long.

The girls punished me by basically turning me into their slave and whipping boy. The fact that I managed to survive all their attacks without serious harm fascinated Suu, the little blonde foreign girl, who began to set loose giant robotic turtles to test me. I usually used my heat vision to make them suffer an internal meltdown, or lured the beast out of sight and smashed it with my whole body.

Leaving imprints of my hands or fists on the metal of the robots is not something I want to explain.

Naru, the red-head; well, she was a real piece of work. Calling me stupid and perverted and worthless, she refused to help me study for Toudai, and whenever I’m around I’m her personal punching bag. I try to avoid her now, as much as possible, because if I lose my temper around her, she’s going to be seriously hurt. I do this by jumping myself out of the Hinata when she punches me. I can jump REALLY far when I need to. And I spend the time it takes getting back to the Hinata trying to get a handle on my temper.

Motoko, the sword-wielding girl, is my second least favorite person at the Hinata. She keeps calling me a dishonorable pervert and attacking me with her unique wind-bending powers. I keep thinking that, maybe if I stood up to her with a little of my strength, the samurai in her would back down and leave me alone.

But I won’t stoop to her level. I won’t abuse my powers just to knock someone around.

Kitsune is, well… A drunk and a party girl. She keeps trying to seduce me, apparently, but in reality she blackmails me by threatening to tell Motoko and Naru that I’ve been molesting her. It doesn’t help that she is REALLY hot, and I have a bad habit of switching to X-ray vision to check out her goods. Sure beats porn. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet figured out how to make her stop-Short of using my powers, and I don’t want her to blackmail me about those.

My Aunt Haruka and I… Well… We never really got along very well. She keeps hitting me when I call her my aunt, which is what she is. I think she’s insecure about her age, which I find funny-She’s absolutely gorgeous. And she’s only 28! What’s she got to complain about? For all I know, I could be hundreds of years old.

The Hinata itself seems to try to make me miserable. It’s almost like things move around in here when you’re not looking. I trip and fall, and I end up with a hand on a breast or leg, and kapow!

Being an alien with superpowers and not being able to do anything about being abused by a bunch of psychotic women sucks.

Which brings us up to my most recent adventure.

I was just finishing up trashing another one of the Mecha-Tama robots, throwing it into a river from a bridge to make sure it wasn’t found (the heat vision wasn’t working-Suu’s made some improvements), when a silver sports car came racing around the bend. It’s tire exploded, as the sleek vehicle went out of control and barreled right for me. The driver’s eyes were wide, as were mine, as the collision occurred. I smacked against the hood of the car, which felt like I was simply being pushed, and not hit by a few hundred kilogram vehicle moving at 100 kilometers an hour.

We fell into the river below. I shook my head slightly, noting that the impact hadn’t even made me dizzy. I looked down and saw that the sports car was now sunk in the bottom.

Without a moment’s hesitation, I switched into super speed mode and was at the side of the car in half the time it takes to blink. I punched through the glass, before yanking the door clear off and tossing it aside. I then grabbed the passenger and swam for the surface.

I tossed him up onto the shore and clambered after him. I checked for a pulse, grimaced, and began CPR.

“C’mon man… Don’t die on me!” I muttered between breaths, pumping his chest. Finally, when I was starting to give up hope, he coughed and gasped loudly, looking around dazedly.

“Hey… You’re going to be okay…” I said with a grin. The man blinked at me, his gaze piercing and incredulous.

“I could have sworn I hit you…” I shrugged.

“Almost did,” I replied, coughing a little. He shook his head and tried to get up.

“Hey, relax, I’ve got you,” I soothed, helping the blonde man up to his feet. The paramedics finally got there. After checking us both for injuries, the blond man finally held out his hand to me with a smile.

“Kentaro Sakata,” he introduced himself. I blinked awkwardly.

“Ah… Keitaro Urashima. It’s nice to meet you,” I replied, shaking his hand. I’d done it now. Saved the life of a boy billionaire. So much for privacy…

“Believe me, Keitaro, I must thank you for saving my life,” Kentaro continued, smiling brightly. I shrugged.

“I’m sure you would have done the same for me,” I said modestly. Except that, if I’d been driving that car, and you were on the bridge, you’d be dead and I’d have to live with that fact.

“Anyway, if there’s ever anything I can do for you, Keitaro, just call me,” the blond man said suavely, handing me a business card. I took it, a bit shaky, as a limo pulled up. He smiled again.

“Er, sure,” I said. He nodded again, and frowned.

“Would you like a ride back home? You seemed like you were… Out, I don’t know, thinking.” I was taken aback. This guy was REALLY observant.

“You’re pretty observant, even when your car’s careening out of control,” I noted, smiling slightly. He laughed.

“You seem like a great guy, Keitaro. I would like it very much if we could get to know one another better.” I think at that moment, I was wondering if my race evolved from fish, because I sure looked like one at that moment. A boy billionaire, who could have anything or anyone he wanted, was asking me to be his friend?

“Um… Sure. It’s no problem.” I smiled back. Though I was a little weirded out, to be honest, I didn’t have any friends here in Hinata. Sure? Why not?

August 8th, 1999

The things being a friend with a billionaire can do for your reputation. Kitsune was gushing about how awesome I was, how much power I could have, and wouldn’t I like to see her underwear collection?

Naru was grudgingly impressed by my feat of heroism. Haruka just grunted. Suu wanted to take Kentaro’s car apart in order to put it back together again, this time with a fusion reactor. And Motoko went off on a tangent about “filthy males sticking together”.

Kentaro showed up at the Hinata, smiling his charming way. I smiled back, and shook his hand. I told him about my job, a little of my family history, and showed him around. He felt I was lucky, shacking up with three beautiful women, my foxy aunt, and a cute foreign schoolgirl.

When he saw Motoko blast me through a window, followed by one of Suu’s flying robot turtles attacking me from the air, then Naru punch me into a tree, he abruptly changed his mind.

“This is insane, Keitaro,” Kentaro said, helping me up from the shattered remains of the trunk. “They’re trying to kill you!”

“I’m all right,” I shrugged. “I’m pretty tough.”

“Yes… I saw,” Kentaro noted, looking at me with a small smile. I blinked.

“Um… Yes?”

“Keitaro… You can tell me the truth.”

“We just met,” I pointed out, looking worriedly up at the Hinata. I had a lot of chores to do, and if I didn’t get to work…

“Keitaro… You told the police, and me, that I crashed through the bridge, barely missing you, you jumped in after me, and got me out,” Kentaro continued. I stayed silent.

“But that isn’t what happened, is it?” The blond billionaire asked quietly. I swallowed.

“Please Keitaro… Don’t lie to me, okay? I want to be your friend. Really. If you tell me no one else will know,” Kentaro continued, looking sincere. Using my super-hearing, I could tell that he was telling the truth. No change in pulse or blood pressure.

I hesitated.

“… Yes. You hit me. And I survived.”

“Without a scratch. Like now,” Kentaro concluded. I nodded.

“Kentaro… I just want to keep to myself. I don’t want to become famous, or use this ability of mine for my own gain… I just want to be a normal person.” Kentaro nodded, smiling.

“I know the feeling. All the wealth, the power? Truthfully, it’d be nice to not have to wear Armani everyday, or decide the fate of thousands of people’s employ in a meeting or… Anything like that.” Kentaro shrugged. “I was just curious, Keitaro. Relax. I’m not going to expose you… I just wanted to know.” I blinked at him.

“Why?” He smiled.

“Curiosity… I love to learn, to research, to study. To see the unknown, essentially. So, how long have you been this way?” I shrugged.

“Since I was… Born, I guess,” I answered truthfully. He frowned.

“Do you know why?” I shrugged.

“Not really…” Which was also true. I mean, I didn’t specifically know why I had these powers. I knew it had to do with me being an alien, but as to why I had them, I hadn’t a clue. Kentaro nodded, looking intrigued.

“Believe me, Keitaro… You saved my life, and gave me a second chance. I’d never try to exploit you for what you are. And besides… Considering that girl can punch you that hard, that the samurai girl can blast you with wind, and that Suu builds robot turtles just for fun? You’re practically normal.” Kentaro smiled and nodded again.

“I would like to know more about your abilities in the future, if that’s okay?” I sighed.

“Look, Kentaro: They work. I think it’s good enough for me.” Kentaro nodded respectfully.

“Then I won’t push you. Just know that, well… I’m willing to help you if you need it.” He smiled. “And I’d like to invite you to the mansion tomorrow.” I blinked.

“Uh… Sure… Why?”

“Because I want to hang out with you, Keitaro. Nothing more.” He smiled again. “And besides… Getting out of this place is probably something you need, huh?” I nodded vigorously and grinned.

“Definitely…” Kentaro shook his head.

“Honestly… I used to have a crush on that Naru girl? We went to the same school together…”

“But?” I prompted. He shrugged.

“She was always hung up on this tutor of his. Never even noticed me.” I frowned sympathetically.

“Harsh.”

“Indeed.” He smiled. “Well Keitaro… Thanks for being honest with me. I’ll see you later.”

“See ya,” I replied, smiling and waving, as the blond billionaire headed back to the Aston Martin Vanquish parked out front. I think I drooled over how awesome that car was. And how that the owner wanted to be my friend, and didn’t think I was a total freak.

Maybe things are looking up!

“BAKA! GET IN HERE AND FINISH MOPPING!”

I groaned. On the other hand…

August 20th, 1999

Kentaro’s been a good friend for me. We’ve begun talking every week. He generally shows up at the Hinata, rather than making a phone call. I think it’s because he’s always on the phone for his work, which can get pretty tiring I imagine.

We generally just meet, play pool or video games, read books, that kind of thing. Kentaro’s really smart. It’s kind of sad that the only way he was taught to show gratitude was through grand gestures. I managed to help him understand I didn’t want to be his friend for money, but because he seems like a great guy.

He’s taken Naru out on a few dates-Usually as surprises. He’s offered to help me in my girl problems, but to be honest, I’m not really interested in that now.

And now, someone else knows my secret. Well, the secret of all that I can do. And then, I had to come completely clean with her.

It all started when I was out getting groceries. A little girl with blue hair was sitting on a bench, a suitcase in her hand. She looked miserable. I couldn’t just stand there…

“Hey… You okay?” I asked, sitting next to her. She sighed sadly, and I felt the urge to hug her.

“My parents are getting a divorce… Because of me… Because of what I’m doing to them.” She looked near tears. “I… I don’t want to hurt them anymore! So, I’m leaving. For good.” She indicated the suitcase. I nodded.

“What’s your name?”

“Shinobu Maehara,” she mumbled. I nodded again.

“I’m Keitaro, Shinobu. And, well… I know how you feel.” She blinked at me in disbelief.

“How?”

“I’ve caused a lot of problems for my family. Once, I wrecked our car. It was completely destroyed. I was so scared about what my parents would do to me about it. And they started fighting about it, which made me scared I‘d hurt them.” Shinobu gaped.

“What happened?” I shrugged.

“I… Tried to run away. My mom and dad, however, managed to find me.” My shoulders sagged. I really didn’t like remembering that day.

“And…?”

“They forgave me… it was an accident. I didn’t mean to cause any problems.” I looked over at her and smiled.

“Whatever their reasons… Your parents wouldn’t split up just because of you. And I think we both know this.” Shinobu shrugged, looking away.

“I… I guess,” she murmured. I patted her shoulder.

“In any event… Running away isn’t going to help, right?”

“I… I don’t know,” she mumbled, blushing. She reached into her bag and pulled out a necklace.

A green necklace, that began to glow. I felt ill.

“My mom gave me this… After I was born. It’s from the meteor rocks that hit Fuyuoka. I was born on the day they came down.” She smiled fondly at the memory, while I felt like my insides were on fire.

“That’s, uh, nice,” I gasped out. Shinobu looked at me, concerned.

“Keitaro-san, are you all right?”

I was about to answer, before a gigantic metal flipper sideswiped me into a tree. I groaned as Shinobu screamed, as another of Suu’s gigantic Mecha Tamas scuttled into view.

Why can’t she make the robots look like anything other than turtles? I asked myself, as I got up to my feet. The robot lunged for me, as I sidestepped and rolled away. I then felt the pain of the kryptonite again, and grimaced. Shinobu had run over to me, the necklace still in her hands. She grabbed my arm and tried to lead me away.

“We have to get out of here!” She cried, as the Tama closed in. Grimacing, I grabbed the necklace, crying out a little at the pain that act caused, before throwing it as far as I could. I got up and breathed deeply as the pain from the kryptonite faded.

“Keitaro-san… Why did you do that… Was the necklace hurting you?” Shinobu asked, amazed. I grit my teeth and looked around. Nobody but Shinobu was in sight…

“Hold on,” I said, grabbing her around the waist and switching to super speed. She cried out in shock, as I set her down by the bench we’d sat on and ran back. I delivered a kick to the Mecha Tama’s head, smashing it’s sensors, before grabbing it by the shoulder and slamming it into the ground. I lifted it up over my head before throwing it into a nearby lake, where it crashed with a terrific splash. I looked over at Shinobu, who was staring at me in disbelief.

“Ah… I can explain…” I began nervously…

August 21st, 1999

I am so screwed.

TBC…