Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Legacy ❯ Chapter 12

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The moon was out, three-quarter full and bright, stars littered the sky, and the surf lapped gently on the narrow sand beach north of Pararakelse Island's largest - and only - town. On the sand, figures moved along the beach. “This is really nice,” said Keitaro, content.
 
“Yeah, it is,” agreed Haruka, holding his hand. Not far from them, Nyamo moved along in the edge of the surf, periodically moving back to the two who were walking just beyond the reach of the surf. She would sometimes have something that caught her eye, other times not, but she would regularly come by the two, and spend a few minutes holding the free hand of one or the other.
 
After supper, the three had wandered out of their modest hotel, and found themselves on the beach. Since the remote island was in no form a tourist hot spot, the beaches were left natural and raw, with occasional rock fingers, downed palm trunks and the odd bit of plant life here and there. Nyamo was barefooted - her normal mode - as she scampered around, unbothered by rocks, sand or plants. Keitaro suspected that the soles of her feet were probably as callused and tough as truck tires by now. He and Haruka wore sandals.
 
“You know, Haru,” Keitaro said, looking at his lover, “you seem different now than when I first came to the Hinata.”
 
“Well, thank you!” grinned Haruka. “Maybe because we're lovers?” she asked playfully.
 
“Um, well, that too,” Keitaro managed, glancing away. “But even aside from that, you seem…happier,” he groped for the right word.
 
“I am,” replied Haruka honestly, her voice soft. “I never really thought about it before, but I was pretty miserable before I came on this trip with you,” she said. “This is the first time I have left the Hinata since…god, has it been that long?” she asked herself, a slight grimace flickering over her lips. “Since the South American expedition with Seta and Sarah's mom,” she picked up again. “Let's just say, a good number of years,” she dismissed the exact amount of time. “Before that, I bounced all over the world, a carefree college student. It never really occurred to me that even though it was exciting, I wasn't all that happy. Not until this trip,” she murmured, squeezing his hand.
 
“You weren't happy? Travelling with Seta?” wondered Keitaro. Haruka shook her head.
 
“Not so much that I wasn't happy as that it didn't feel like this trip has,” she tried to clarify the thought. “I can't really explain it, but this trip…” she shrugged. “How about you? Is this trip with your cousin better than your previous ones?” she leered.
 
“Yeah, it is,” he chuckled. “Though, I have to say that usually, by this time, the girls would be all over me to drag me back to the Hinata and whatever punishment they felt I deserved,” he laughed weakly.
 
“You miss them,” stated Haruka, rather than asking.
 
“Well, yeah,” Keitaro replied, giving her a worried look. “Not that I'm not happy to be here with you!” added the young man quickly. “Or that I miss them randomly appearing!” Haruka leered at him.
 
“Like when you're balls-deep in me?” purred the woman with evil delight. Keitaro nodded. “Just imagine what Naru or Motoko would do,” Haruka went on, seeing Keitaro pale and shiver. Suddenly turning in front of him, she pulled him to her in a close embrace. “Now, just remember that they will never be allowed to do things like that to you again,” she whispered before kissing him. “No matter what you do,” she broke the kiss long enough to add, her tongue flickering out to tickle his earlobe. Against her thighs, she felt him harden.
 
Oh, this is very nice, thought Haruka happily, her nipples springing erect behind the thin bikini top she wore. Rubbing her chest against Keitaro's she was certain he could feel how hard her nipples were. Twice last night, once this morning, a quickie during our siesta, and I still want him, marveled the older Urashima. And from the feel of what's stabbing me in the leg, he wants me, too, she thought with hentai glee. It did wonders for a woman's libido and mood to know that her lover wanted her so much in spite of there being younger girls available.
 
When Keitaro's fingers plucked her bikini top's neck bow free, she nearly melted. Easing back just long enough for the thin material to fall away from her breasts, she felt him tug the second bow loose, the top fluttering to the sand in the warm, steady breeze off the tract-less Pacific. Squashing her firm breasts against his bare chest, she resumed her oral assault, even as he rubbed her back and sides on his way to the belt of her shorts.
 
Rubbing her thighs together, Haruka knew that her panties were already soaked with her juice. I have never been so hot and ready in my life, reflected the woman happily. Seta never got me this hot to trot; and back then, I thought I was madly in love! Against her thighs, she felt his tip nudging her, the barriers of two pairs of shorts keeping their skin from meeting.
 
The slightly-rough feel of his palms skimming across her skin toward her stomach was a relief to her. As much as she loved cuddling and petting, she was worried that if he didn't strip her naked soon, she would soak her shorts with her lust. Her panties were long since soaked. She kept on making out with him as he went to work on her sturdy belt, then progressed to her short's button, then drew down the zipper. Twitching her hips, the shorts fell to her ankles. Moaning into the kiss, she urged his hands toward her panties.
 
Keitaro tried to break the kiss to ask her something, but she wasn't interested in talking just then. Mentally crossing his fingers, Keitaro gripped the string-bikini style panties and jerked, tearing them off her. A surprised, but pleased shriek came from Haruka, the woman hugging him tighter. “Oh, Keitaro,” panted the woman, allowing him to catch his breath for a moment.
 
“S…sorry if…” began Keitaro.
 
“No need,” Haruka said, breathing fast, “I can get more panties; and that was hot,” added the woman. “My turn,” she said a moment later, her hands moving down toward his shorts. To her surprise, she found that another had beaten her to the job. A pair of small, work-toughened hands were already working his boxers off. “Nyamo-chan,” breathed Haruka, tracing the hands back to the girl's body.
 
Nyamo was behind Keitaro. Tracing her arms to her shoulders, then down her slim sides, Haruka discovered that Nyamo's scanty top was gone, but at her hips, she felt the tattered, thread-bare denim short-shorts. Fair's fair, decided Haruka. If she couldn't strip Keitaro, she would strip Nyamo, since the girl clearly wanted a piece of the action. Knowing that the button to the shorts Nyamo wore had long since been lost, Haruka found the bent tab to the zipper, and drew them the rest of the way down, Nyamo tending to only zip her tight shorts half-way.
 
Thus prepared, she used her fingertips to work the tight garment off the slender hips of the girl. Once the bit of cloth succumbed to gravity, Haruka ran her palms along Nyamo's thighs, back up to her rear, which she cupped with her hands, pulling the girl tightly against Keitaro, which in turn drove Keitaro into her, his now-bare rod being driven against her soaked groin, sliding between her thighs and sex. “Mm,” moaned Haruka happily.
 
More familiar with such situations, Keitaro leaned in to kiss Haruka, one hand bending back to rub Nyamo's back. A breathy giggle was the response from the tanned girl, her arms around his waist hugging him even as her hands wormed down, one circling the base of his hard length, the other carefully cupping his balls. Keitaro could already feel Haru's slick juice covering his hard length. It never ceased to amaze him how horny his Haru was. Seems like she's wet at the drop of a hat, thought the young man happily.
 
Pumping his hips against her hips, Keitaro rubbed Haruka's sex with his tool, her puffy, swollen lips seeming to grab his member as Haruka squeezed her thighs tightly together. Minutes later, she broke the kiss, panting. “Kei,” begged the woman, shifting her hips, “please!” Fighting for better control over himself, Keitaro nodded jerkily. She's so sexy! part of him babbled nonsensically.
 
“Here?” he suggested, jerking his chin toward the narrow sand beach they stood on. “There?” he added, indicating one of the surf-smoothed slabs of rocks not more than couple yards away. Haruka was breathing fast herself.
 
“Rock,” she managed, her hips still pumping against his length. Sand makes good imagery, but it's painful, recalled the woman irrelevantly. She recalled too well the experience that she had had with Seta on the sands of an island not unlike this one. A bit of sand sticks well, but nothing is wet enough to keep it from rubbing things raw, she mused, reluctantly freeing Keitaro's slick, shiny shaft, ropes of her juice briefly linking her lustful sex with his magnificent tool. I've seen bigger, but his is the most perfect penis I could imagine, Haruka fondly thought, having to force herself not to seize it with her hand. And it is far from being the smallest; or even from being `average', amended Haru with hentai glee.
 
Seeing a small brown hand close around Keitaro's tool, Haruka leered. Seems Nyamo is less inhibited than me. She had not intended to share with the girl, but when Nyamo made it clear that she wanted in on the action, Haruka had not given it a second thought. Too long a time standing on the other side of the issue to bother with it, Haruka mused, reaching around Keitaro to pat Nyamo's head. Besides…
 
Further thought was impossible for Haruka, since they had reached the rock. The first thing that Keitaro did was guide Haruka down onto the smooth, warm rock on her back, nudging her legs wide. Grinning in anticipation, she spread herself open for him. To her surprise, though, he next carefully extracted Nyamo from his side, turned her around and settled her on her back on top of Haruka, looping the toned, slim legs of the girl on the outside of Haruka's legs. Realizing what he was doing, Haruka sucked in an eager breath, wrapping her arms around Nyamo's stomach. I can't believe he is taking the lead like this; and to do something with both of us, no less! Oh, this is the `perverted' Keitaro those foolish girls thought they didn't want! gloated Haruka. She had a brief impulse to grab some pom-poms and do a cheer for Pervert Keitaro.
 
With the girls settled, Keitaro glanced at their faces, a touch of nervousness tingling through him. I must have a death wish, he thought. Long experience had taught him that it was painful to even think of a girl like he was looking at right now. Haruka was smiling at him, and Nyamo was smiling, and the two were an instant nut-pop, bathed in the cool light of the moon and stars, Nyamo's dark skin contrasting with Haruka's fairer skin, legs spread wide and pussies open in invitation to him. He could see that both Nyamo's and Haruka's pussies were shiny with juice.
 
Not wanting to risk the two changing their minds, Keitaro sank down to his knees, his face nearing the offering of dripping sexes. Almost like some sort of pagan offering to a god, part of his mind observed. Only part, because nearly the entirety of his mind was on the offering before him. Placing his palms on Nyamo's tanned thighs, he leaned in, his tongue flickering out to once more taste her honey. Moving in closer, Keitaro pushed his muscle into her passage, finding it flooded with her lust before withdrawing it and slipping it up to Nyamo's clit, which it circled and harassed like Native American braves attacking a wagon train.
 
Nyamo shrieked and writhed in pleasure. Haruka knew damn well why the girl was making so much noise and moving around so much. Lucky girl, thought the older woman, Keitaro is orally raping her and she wants more. She and Keitaro had discovered that Nyamo was extremely sensitive, and not a day before, Keitaro had gotten her to come with nothing more than a little oral attention. I wonder if Shinobu-chan is so sensitive?
 
From between their legs, wet slurping and sucking sounds filled the air unabashedly as Keitaro feasted on the helpless girl's sex. With a loud wail, Nyamo's entire body shook as she came hard. Haruka hugged her close, keeping her safe and secure as the girl's mind departed her body for a visit to heaven. Now that Nyamo's had some, maybe Keitaro wi…!
 
Further thought was destroyed as a warm, slightly-rough intruder rammed her entrance, driving into her sheath a bit before beginning to wiggle like mad. “Guh!” gulped Haruka, caught off guard. The invader showed her no mercy at all, seeking deeper entrance into her sex, moving back to rub every last bit of her cleft before attacking her exposed clit with a vengeance. “Yes,” panted Haruka, “Ah! Yes! Ugh!” came the passionate expressions, unbidden, as the assault continued. Haruka spiraled up toward heaven herself, only hazily aware of anything else but the volcano erupting from her womb and spreading through her body like fire.
 
When he felt the hot spurt against his lips, and heard her cry out, Keitaro eased back grinning. Yes! Got her this time, he thought with more than a little pride. Never one to have confidence in his skills with the opposite sex, he had slowly been gaining confidence since the first time on the beach with Haruka, still dripping wet with sea water from the boat sinking. By now, he was even getting up the courage and confidence to try some things on his own. I didn't know if they would go along with me, but it looks like it turned out ok, he thought, licking up what Haru-juice he could before using a finger to capture the rest. He found he liked how Haruka and Nyamo tasted. I wonder how the girls at home taste? he asked himself.
 
“Keitaro?” Nyamo's voice broke his thoughts free again. Focusing on the dark-skinned beauty, he found her smiling at him. He didn't need to be a telepath to understand her. The throbbing length of organic iron jutting out from his groin could understand her just fine. Standing, he leaned over the two women, seeing that Haruka was still out on orgasm leave. Bracing himself with a hand on either side of their shoulders, he eased his dick into position at Nyamo's entrance, sighing happily in synch with the girl as her warm, soaked lower lips kissed his crown. As he made sure that his balance was secure, he felt warm, soft arms wrap around his neck. “Keitaro,” whispered a soft, clear voice.
 
“Nyamo,” he whispered back hoarsely as he pushed forward. As his tip stretched her so he could enter her, he felt her legs hook around his hips. Nyamo was tight, but after the number of times she had had sex with him, she was no longer so tight that it was a fight to penetrate her. Still have to push pretty hard, mused Keitaro, working his way into her until his pubic bone was pressed to her public bone, his glans pushing hard against the girl's cervix. After a moment of stillness, he began to pump into Nyamo as the girl as she arched up to kiss him. Whatever she may have lacked in skill, she made up for in enthusiasm and sincerity.
 
Haruka finally was brought back by the steady rocking against her chest and back. Once she was fully aware of herself and the surrounding again, she found that a hot, sweaty Nyamo was writhing on top of her, and bending over Nyamo was her shared lover, nearly at the breaking point, judging from the expression on his face. They've been busy while I was away, thought Haruka, smiling “N…Nyamo!” hissed Keitaro. Haruka didn't think that Nyamo was going to be talking any time soon, so she answered for the girl.
 
“Go ahead, Keitaro,” she whispered, her hands moving to cup the slick mounds of Nyamo's breasts, massaging the turgid peaks. “Cum for us, Nyamo-chan,” whispered Haruka into the girl's ear as she gently tugged on both nipples, her teeth grazing Nyamo's earlobe. The three-point attack was brutally effective, triggering an orgasmic detonation that boiled out from her belly like a nuclear detonation. “Good girl,” cooed Haruka.
 
“Uh!” rasped Nyamo, stiff as a board before sagging against Haruka, spent and happy. The woman could feel that Keitaro had stopped thrusting into Nyamo. Well, guess it's to be expected, thought Haru, and it isn't like he didn't treat me nice, too, reasoned Haruka. And it felt pretty good to have Nyamo lying on top of, warm and slick and freshly-fucked. It would perfect if I could get fucked like that as well, but… her thoughts were broken as she felt something warm and slick nudge her entrance.
 
“K…Keitaro?!” breathed the startled woman.
 
“Yeah?” he replied, breathing heavily.
 
“You didn't come in Nyamo?” wondered Haruka.
 
“Uh, well, yeah,” he replied, a bit of worry creeping into his voice. “But, I was still hard, so…” he paused. “You don't want to…?”
Haruka laughed. “Oh, Keitaro,” she crowed, “stop talking and fuck me!” she demanded eagerly. She sucked in a breath as he did as commanded, driving into her in one shot, not stopping until he was bottomed out in her. Haruka felt herself open to him, but there was a silkiness that she had never experienced before. Usually, it took a few strokes to fully coat both partners with lube, but this time, it was all pleasure. Guess that is an unexpected up side to going second, Haruka thought, Keitaro pumping hard into her even as she shifted so he could attain maximum length of stroke and deepest penetration. Nyamo's cum lubed him up nicely, so he just glided on in like we had been going at it for hours.
 
“Haru,” Keitaro panted. She hummed, reaching around Nyamo to clamp her hands onto his shoulders. “You,” he panted a time or two before continuing, “feel…so…good!” She knew she was leering - and drooling - but didn't give a damn.
 
“Thank you,” slurred the woman, already on the edge of another deep orgasm.
 
“Love you, Haru,” he rasped, suddenly holding still, deep inside her. She could feel a hot, wet flood erupt inside her.
 
“So do I, Keitaro,” wailed Haru, her own orgasm being triggered by his own. Keitaro's arms shook as the last of his cum splashed against Haruka's cervix, and by the time that his dick had softened, he was collapsed on top of Nyamo, both of them on top of Haruka.
 
The weight of her lovers made breathing a little hard, but once she had recovered, she eased Keitaro off, concerned that Nyamo might be having a harder time breathing than she was. With her cousin off her, she paused before moving Nyamo. The girl weighs hardly anything, thought Haruka. Curious, she carefully reached down and felt Nyamo's groin, which was right above her own. Feels like she really got a good one, smiled Haruka, finding a near-stream of mixed cum seeping from Nyamo's sex to flow over her own leaking groin. He fires a lot in a load, Haruka thought smugly.
 
Feeling Nyamo move sluggishly, Haruka helped her sit up, then move over to cuddle with Keitaro, her head on his shoulder. By the time that Haruka was sitting up, the two were conked out, both smiling in their sleep. Looking at how Nyamo was curled up with him, she chuckled softly. “Yeah, I feel the same way, Nyamo-chan,” the older woman thought fondly. Looking out over the ocean, she enjoyed the post-coital glow, blocking out all other thoughts.
 
-
 
Shinobu slapped at her alarm clock before rubbing her eyes. Sitting up, she stretched. I still want to sleep, but I think I feel better, decided the girl, smiling a little. I prefer feeling better to feeling rested anyway, she mused, rising from her futon. Glancing at her school uniform, she grimaced. School meant she would have to see him again; and Shinobu was not feeling up for it. “Nothing for it, though,” she told herself, turning toward her dresser. “I just have to put up with him for a little longer, then I can be with Keitaro, Naru-sempai, Mutsumi-sempai and Motoko-sempai,” she reminded herself. Nothing else mattered to her but her goals.
 
Taking a calming breath, she turned on her light and reached for her perfume, her mind already on what to make for breakfast for her family. Thoughts of the other girls around her made her smile. That smile slipped slightly as she recalled her outburst in the hot spring the night before. Shinobu sighed. I should apologize for yelling at them, she thought, even if I stand by what I said. It wasn't right to tell them like I did. Shinobu was pretty sure that her outburst was part of the reason she was feeling better, but she was, by nature, a quiet girl, and her screaming at them had been very out of character for her. I will apologize for yelling at them and for how I chose to say it, but I will not apologize for what I said, resolved the young domestic. “It needed to be said,” she told her reflection.
 
“And you most certainly said it, Shinobu-chan,” came a merry voice from behind her. Startled, the girl bit back a shriek as she flinched away from the source of the comment.
 
“Granny Hina!” she exclaimed. “Please don't do that!” begged the girl. Hina just cackled before grabbing Shinobu in a fond hug.
 
“Sorry, Shinobu-chan,” she apologized, “but your light was on, so I came on in,” she said. Shinobu hugged the old woman back.
 
“You just startled me, Granny,” she said. “What brings you here so early?” she asked, resuming her dressing routine.
 
“Oh, I'm a morning person,” Hina said casually, moving to Shinobu's closet and casually looking through the neatly-hung clothes. By the time that the young girl had on her bra and panties, Hina was ready. “Here you go, Shinobu-chan,” said the old woman, holding out a skirt and top for her.
 
“But, school…” began Shinobu.
 
“Forget school,” Hina snorted dismissively. “One day isn't going to matter. Besides, I want to spend the day with my granddaughter Shinobu, so school can wait,” Hina declared firmly. Shinobu was torn between relief and anxiety.
 
“I…I should at least call…” she began. Hina shook her head as she settled the blouse on Shinobu's sleek, compact frame.
 
“Bah!” she said. “What business of theirs is it, Shinobu-chan? You haven't missed a day since you started, and you have perfect grades. They won't say a word,” she predicted. Shinobu stepped into the skirt that Hina was holding, finding that she was dressed before she even realized it.
 
“How did you know about that?” wondered Shinobu.
 
“I may be away from the Hinata, Shinobu-chan,” said Hina, making small adjustments to Shinobu's outfit, “but I make it a point to know how my grandchildren are doing.” Shinobu blushed slightly.
 
“Thank you, Granny,” said the girl softly, hugging Hina. She had never met her grandparents, and scarcely knew her parents, but she imagined that Granny Hina must be what grandparents should be like. The fact that the world-trotting grandmother kept up on what was happening in her life was much like a warm blanket on a chilly night to the girl.
 
“It's what a Grandmother does, Shinobu-chan,” said Hina, returning the hug. “Now, how about we make a quick breakfast for this pack of hungry women and be off before the show starts?” grinned Hina. Shinobu found herself smiling back. Together, the two exited Shinobu's room and made their way down to the kitchen, where Shinobu found the basics for a breakfast laid out. Hina? she wondered, glancing at the old woman. Seeing the playful wink Hina gave her, she shook her head, handing an apron to Hina as she settled her own favorite apron.
 
The two were just polishing off the last of their own breakfasts when Naru showed up. Shinobu put her dishes in the sink and prepared Naru's coffee in practically the same motion. Hina put her dishes in the sink and put a kettle on the stove. “Naru-chan,” said the old woman as Naru sipped her coffee, “Shinobu and I will be out all day. Tell the others, and make sure the chores are done,” ordered the owner of the Hinata.
 
“Yes, Granny,” Naru said, absently flipping through notes from one of her classes.
 
“Oh,” added Hina as Shinobu hung up her apron, “and remind Mutsumi that she will be going with you to your session this afternoon,” Hina said. Naru blinked.
 
“Mutsumi?” she asked. Hina nodded at her.
 
“Mutsumi-chan will be going with you,” confirmed Hina. “Is that a problem, Naru-chan?” asked Hina evenly.
 
“No, of course not,” Naru replied immediately. “Just…surprising,” she carefully continued. “I had thought that you, then Kanako, were along in case my…anger issues,” the girl grimaced, “got the better of me during session.”
 
“And we were,” confirmed Hina brutally.
 
“So, why Mutsumi? If Kanako is otherwise engaged, I would have thought you would send Motoko,” Naru observed.
 
“Do you prefer Motoko?” asked Hina. Naru considered that.
 
“No,” she said after a moment, “but Mutsumi probably can't stop me if I lose control,” she said, painfully. But at least I can admit the truth now, thought the brunette. Before, I couldn't even see that I had a problem.
 
“She can't,” Hina confirmed.
 
“Then, shouldn't Motoko come with me?” Naru asked, unsure of what Hina was getting at with the switch.
 
“Do you think you need her?” countered Hina. For a long minute, Naru considered that.
 
“I…might,” she admitted softly.
 
“Then Mutsumi is the right choice,” Hina smiled. Taking Shinobu's hand in her own, she moved past Naru. She paused, patting Naru's head before kissing the girl's forehead. “I have faith in you, Naru.” Naru blinked, blushing as what Hina said seeped into her brain.
 
“I…thanks,” breathed Naru. Shinobu stopped next to Naru.
 
“Naru-sempai,” the girl said softly, “I am sorry for yelling at you and the others, and for saying those things in the way I said them,” the girl apologized. “I meant what I said, but the way that I said it and the manner were wrong. Please forgive me,” Shinobu bowed to her. Naru smiled, patting Shinobu's head.
 
“It's nothing you should apologize for, Shinobu,” she said. “You were right, after all. And if you hadn't done it the way you had, we probably wouldn't have gotten the message,” she offered. Shinobu managed a weak smile in return.
 
“I look up to all of you,” Shinobu said quietly. Naru nodded.
 
“We know, Shinobu,” said Naru, “and if anyone needs to apologize, it is us. We haven't set a good example for you,” she admitted. Especially Motoko and I, though Su and Kitsune are hardly blameless, she left unsaid.
 
“But, you have!” insisted Shinobu earnestly. “I'm going to make it into Todai because you and Keitaro showed me how to study for it! I get complimented on my neat dress all the time because I dress like Motoko-sempai and you dressed in your school uniforms. Kitsune-sempai has shown me how to be more confident, and Mutsumi-sempai…!”
 
“Shinobu,” Naru said, cutting off Shinobu, “you've managed to take what good things we showed you, but were strong enough to resist adopting our bad habits. If we are your sempais, we haven't done that good of a job, while you have done our job better than we have. You should be proud of that,” Naru said. “To tell you the truth, Shinobu,” Naru added in a whisper, “I admire you more and more every day.”
 
“Naru-sempai,” began Shinobu before shaking her head and lunging over to hug the startled Naru. Naru returned the hug, feeling a little self-conscious. Hina watched this play out in silence, a small smile on her lips. When Shinobu and Naru broke their hug, she tugged on the younger girl's hand.
 
“We need to hurry,” Hina said, a twinkle in her eye. Shinobu nodded.
 
“Granny Hina?” Naru called out, Hina pausing. “Mutsumi's fine.”
 
“Hmm,” Hina hummed. “See you all this evening!” she called out, nearly pulling Shinobu out the front door with her. Naru sipped her coffee, eyes back on her notes.
 
“Did I miss something?” came the measured, calm voice of Motoko. From the twin creaks of the stair treads, Naru surmised that Tsuruko was coming down as well.
 
“Granny has kidnapped Shinobu for the day,” Naru said. “We're either being tested or punished,” she added with a bark of laughter.
 
“Isn't today a school day?” wondered Tsuruko.
 
Naru shrugged. “Tell that to Granny,” she replied indifferently. “Shinobu could use a break, I think,” she added. Tsuruko moved over to the range, where the kettle was just starting to faintly whistle, while Motoko settled down to eat.
 
“Granny Hina knows what she is doing,” Motoko opinioned as her elder sister poured a cup of water for each of them before adding tea. “And Shinobu did seem a little stressed out yesterday,” observed the younger Aoyama.
 
“Speaking of that,” said Naru, draining her coffee and standing, “Shinobu apologized to me about her outburst in the spring,” the girl paused, “and I told her she shouldn't apologize.”
 
“She has nothing to apologize for,” agreed Motoko.
 
“Funny thing is,” Naru said, gathering her school bag, “she apologized for yelling and for her choice of words, but not for what she said,” smiled the brunette. Motoko and Tsuruko exchanged glances. “I have to run,” Naru killed the previous topic. “See you this evening.”
 
Naru dashed out the door, leaving the Aoyama sisters to breakfast and their thoughts. Barely five minutes after Naru left, Mutsumi and her mother descended the stairs. “My, my! Did we miss Shinobu?” wondered Mutsumi, not seeing the usually sunny girl in the kitchen.
 
“Shinobu was kidnapped by Granny Hina for the day,” Motoko said, smiling a little. “Though, apparently, she fixed breakfast before being spirited away.”
 
“Oh,” Mutsumi said, frowning. “Well, I have to get to school myself,” she shrugged, settling in to eat a quick breakfast.
 
“Shinobu!” came the energetic yell of Su, followed an instant later by the tanned blonde sailing through the door to the kitchen. Landing as easily as if she had been walking rather than leaping through the air, she looked around, frowning. “No Shinobu,” frowned the girl. Grabbing a handful of toast, she bolted before anyone could speak to her. “Wait up, Shinobu!” giggled the girl, her voice fading fast.
 
“I suppose she will find out when she gets to school,” shrugged Motoko, resuming her meal.
 
“Coffee?” came the voice of Amalla, the older Molmolian sister entering the kitchen, still fastening her minimal skirt. Mutsumi's mother poured a cup and offered it to the ivory-haired woman. “Thank you,” Amalla nodded.
 
“Mutsumi-chan, you are supposed to accompany Na-chan to her appointment this afternoon,” Mutsumi's mother reminded her daughter. Mutsumi nodded.
 
“Yes, I remember, mother,” she confirmed. Hearing sounds in the hallway, the group turned to see who was arriving next. Kitsune came into view, covering a yawn with her hand.
 
“Shinobu-chan,” the half-asleep woman said as she made her way toward the kitchen, “be a dear and make a double for me?”
 
“Shinobu is in the care of Granny Hina,” Motoko said. Kitsune blinked.
 
“Are we being tested or punished?” asked the slacker.
 
“Perhaps both,” opinioned Tsuruko. Hearing the clock chime, Mutsumi quickly rose.
 
“I have to be off,” she said, bowing to the room in general. “I will be home with Naru a little later than usual,” she added, hurrying out the door.
 
“Have a good day, Mutsumi-chan!” her mother called after the busty Okinawan.
 
“Now, all we need is Kanako,” Tsuruko said, sipping her tea. Kitsune swallowed her mouthful of coffee before answering.
 
“Kanako is already gone,” she said, digging into her rice and fish.
 
“Gone?” wondered Motoko. Not that any of them were that surprised, but Kanako was a powerful presence, and they kind of liked to keep tabs on her when possible.
 
“Keitaro's room was empty, the futon folded neatly, and no Kanako,” shrugged Kitsune.
 
“Why did you check?” wondered Tsuruko. Kitsune smiled behind her mug of coffee.
 
“It pays to keep your eye on things,” she replied mysteriously.
 
“So it does, meow,” came Kuro's voice as the cat silently appeared on the table next to Kitsune's plate. Before the not-yet-completely-awake girl could react, Kuro had swiped her remaining fish and vanished.
 
“Hey! Get back here with my breakfast!” protested Kitsune, too late to stop the cat.
 
“The early cat gets the fish, meow!” came a nearly taunting voice from somewhere in the room. Kitsune growled.
 
“If it isn't one, it's the other,” she muttered sourly. “Hey, Kuro-chan,” she suddenly called, her voice sweet, “do you know where Kanako went?”
 
“Yes, meow,” the cat replied, the women hearing a crunch of fish bones. After a minute, Kitsune spoke again.
 
“And where did she go, Kuro-kun?” prompted the fox girl.
 
“The fish was delicious, meow,” the cat taunted them. The tiniest flash of black and the nearly-silent tinkle of a bell told them that Kuro had vanished again. Kitsune snarled.
 
“Damn cat.”
 
“Myu!” came a familiar cry, Tama sailing around the door way, circling once, and landing neatly on the head of Mutsumi's mother. “Myu!” repeated the turtle. Missus Otohime covered her mouth as she laughed softly.
 
“I see, Tama-chan,” she said, gathering up dishes. “So that is what they are doing,” giggled the woman.
 
“What? Are you and Tama-chan talking?” wondered Kitsune. It was widely accepted by the residents that Mutsumi could communicate with Tama, so it made sense that her mother could as well. “What did Tama say?”
 
“Sorry, can't talk about it,” apologized the older woman.
 
“Please allow us to help you,” Tsuruko said, standing and moving to the sink. “With Shinobu busy elsewhere, we will need to do the chores she usually performs as well.”
 
“I had planned to take her place, actually,” the mother replied easily. Tsuruko glanced at the older woman.
 
“I wish to offer myself and Motoko in assisting you with the chores,” she said.
 
“Sure,” agreed the perpetually-sunny woman. The resemblance between mother and daughter was very easy to see. Motoko and Tsuruko got to work, while Kitsune made herself scarce.
 
“It's not like I'm avoiding work,” she told herself, laptop under her arm as she slipped out of the house and made for the tea shop. “I just…need to keep an eye on Haruka's place,” she selected her excuse. Seeing a customer already waiting, she sighed. “Give me a moment, and we'll be open,” she said to the man, bowing her head.
 
“Good morning, Konno-chan,” he greeted her. Kitsune opened the door and turned on the few lights inside, as well as the gas water heater used for the tea water. Setting her laptop on the small counter, she swiftly donned an apron and got to work. “Anything new?” asked the man, settling at a table.
 
“Not yet,” shrugged Kitsune. The regulars periodically asked about Haruka. “Hear anything about the horses?” smiled the gambler. The old man laughed.
 
“You should really get serious, Konno-chan,” he admonished her. Kitsune sighed.
 
“Too much like honest work for a writer,” grinned the fox girl. “A taste of sake while we wait?” she asked, shaking a bottle suggestively.
 
“I suppose I might,” allowed the man. Kitsune joined him at the small table, the bottle and two sake cups in her hands.