Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Legacy ❯ Chapter 31

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“So, where do we need to go next, Keitaro?” asked Motoko, stepping aboard the train just in front of Keitaro. Scanning the car, she stepped over to the rail of hand-grips, taking one near the corner of the car, Keitaro taking the one just behind her. Not hearing an answer, Motoko glanced back, seeing Keitaro staring at her back. Lips twitching into a smile, she fought the strange urge to giggle. “Keitaro?” she repeated. Blinking, the young man focused on her.
 
“Uh, yeah?” he managed.
 
“Where to next?” she repeated, the train beginning to pull away from the station. Fumbling in his pocket, the young man pulled out the slip of paper that Kanako had prepared for him.
 
“We need to stop by the hardware store for the fittings to repair the faucets in the bath, a length of vent pipe for the stove, and a bag of deck screws to repair the decking on the platform,” he said, scanning the list. “Oh, and we need to make sure that the boards for the deck are delivered on time, as well,” he saw the note next to the list. Kanako has such neat writing, he thought fleetingly.
 
“I see,” Motoko said. “Did Kanako happen to list the exact types we would need?” wondered the swordswoman. If it wasn't about swords or fighting, her experience was limited, after all.
 
“Of course,” Keitaro smiled, seeing the small block with detailed lists, descriptions and information on the exact type and number of the noted items. Motoko smiled a little as well.
 
“That's good,” Motoko murmured. Glancing back at Keitaro, she saw he was once more staring at her with slightly unfocused eyes. A crackling, tingling wave of excitement arced through her, radiating down her spine and through her entire body. In the wake of that, her lower belly and pussy were left warm and sensitive. Absently rubbing her thighs together, Motoko knew that her cheeks were probably blushed. The tall, proud young woman licked her lips nervously before delicately biting her bottom lip as she tried to control herself.
 
He's been like that since the Hinata, Motoko thought giddily. I would never have believed it were possible, but Anue knew what she was talking about, it would seem, the younger of the sisters thought. She had run to her room, stripping off her clothes as she went, to grab her bath basket before dashing back down to the hot springs. A fast - but thorough - wash later and she was hurrying back up to her room, toweling herself dry as she moved through the halls.
 
When she reached her room, she had found Tsuruko just beginning to change out of her own work clothes. In answer to her unspoken question, Motoko had swiftly told her sister about going to town with Keitaro. Tsuruko had immediately taken charge of the situation, hurriedly pulling clothes out of the closet and dresser before firmly guiding Motoko over to her mirror. Sitting her younger sister down, Tsuruko had efficiently brushed Motoko's hair to a lustrous shine before tying it up in a ponytail once more. Next, she carefully applied some perfume and just a hint of makeup. With that done, she had helped her sister dress, critically adjusting and settling each and every piece of clothing that Motoko had put on, and firmly denying any attempt by the younger girl to substitute articles. I should have known that Tsuruko knew what she was doing, Motoko thought happily.
 
Behind the girl, Keitaro found himself staring at Motoko's back. He had been finding it nearly impossible to concentrate on what he needed to do in town since getting that inadvertent peek under the mini-skirt Motoko wore when the pair had put on their shoes in the entrance vestibule at the Hinata. If Kanako hadn't written it all down, I wouldn't have gotten a thing done, he mused absently, seeing the sunlight streaming in the window of the car play through the shiny, raven-wing black hair before him. Indigo highlights danced in the thick, silky fall of hair. Blinking, Keitaro tried to focus yet again on the errands he had to run.
 
It was wasted effort. His mind returned once again to Motoko. It's just a thong, he tried to tell himself. It's not like I haven't seen one before. Naru, Kitsune, Haru and Kanako prefer thongs, and Mutsumi occasionally wears them, as well. Hell, he recalled, even Shinobu-chan has started wearing them every so often lately! So why can't I stop thinking about Motoko wearing one?! the young man wondered, confused. Probably because it is Motoko wearing it, a part of his mind supplied the answer.
 
Motoko, he knew from long, painful experience, tended to lean toward simple, plain white cotton panties. It did fit her personality; or rather, her old personality. In recent years, he had seen the boring white cotton gradually being phased out in favor of panties more like the other girls wore. But even so! A thong? With a mini-skirt?! Motoko-chan?! he mind once more babbled. His eyes were back on Motoko's back, the thin sleeveless summer blouse seeming to cling - caressingly - to her slim body. Keitaro found himself loathing the thin garment for its closeness to Motoko.
 
Twitching, Keitaro realized just how far gone he was if he was jealous of a piece of clothing. Eyes back on the girl in front of him, he grimaced when he noticed how the blouse hugged the curve of the girl's breasts. I hate that stupid blouse, he thought irritably. His arm was half-way to Motoko's waist when he realized what he was doing. Do I have a death wish?! he thought, pulling his arm back. Calm down and just enjoy being with her without being sent into orbit, Keitaro, he told himself. I wonder what kind of bra that is, he was wondering a moment later, his eyes once more on Motoko. It doesn't seem to have any lines under that stupid blouse, so it can't be much of a bra, he analyzed, and it has to be white or some other light color, since I can't really see it through the blouse.
 
His musings were interrupted by the train jerking, a loud metal-on-metal squeal coming from under the floorboards. A sudden, violent jerk threw him hard against Motoko, nearly instantly rebounding, Motoko crashing into him full-force. Reeling back, Keitaro knew he was going to hit the metal floor of the car, which seemed to be tilted strangely. Motoko's mass was still against his chest as he fell back. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the hand grip - still in her hand - having torn free of the mounting bolt. Oh, no! Not Motoko! he thought, throwing his arms around her and twisting his chest so she landed squarely on top of him, his back being driving hard against the steel decking in the car. “Ugh!” he grunted. That didn't hurt much, he reflected, carefully shifting around as he worked on righting himself and Motoko, who was clutched in his arms. Don't want her to get bruised or scratched on something, he thought.
 
“W…what happened?” wondered Motoko, carefully getting to her feet. Keitaro scrambled up after her, dusting himself off.
 
“Don't know, but more importantly, are you ok, Motoko-chan?” he asked urgently. Motoko's eyes widened in surprise at his question, even as her cheeks flushed red.
 
“I'm fine!” she assured him. “But, are you ok, Keitaro?” she asked in turn.
 
“Sure. Why wouldn't I be?” he asked, smiling easily. “Compared to being orbited, that was nothing!” he grinned. Motoko glanced away from him.
 
“I…I am sorry I so often attacked you without cause, Keitaro,” she said quietly. Keitaro shrugged.
 
“You were just doing what you felt was right, Motoko,” he dismissed the matter. “I always liked that about you, you know,” he added, the two seeing other passengers picking themselves up off the floor and seats. “You don't hesitate to act when you feel you should. Not many people are that brave,” he explained.
 
“But, I was wrong!” Motoko countered. Keitaro shrugged.
 
“Maybe,” he allowed, “but that doesn't change the fact that you act on your convictions, Motoko - and I still admire that about you,” he repeated. Further conversation was cut off by a unctuous voice informing the passengers that an accident had occurred, and the train would be stopped for a bit. Looking out the window, Keitaro saw that the car they were in had somehow gotten off the rails, and was unlikely to be going anywhere soon. He also saw that they were not that far from the station. “Hey, Motoko, you think we should just walk? I don't want to be here all day,” he added.
 
“Of course, Keitaro,” she said, the pair carefully moving to the door. Pulling the emergency release lever, Keitaro tried to open the door. It didn't budge.
 
“What's wrong with this stupid thing?” muttered Keitaro, putting his shoulder behind his effort to open the door. “Ugh!” he grunted. Pausing, he studied the door. Spotting the problem, he sighed. “The door is buckled,” he shared with Motoko.
 
“I think…” Motoko murmured, reaching past him to carefully touch the door. “Keitaro, stand back a moment,” said the girl, settling herself directly in front of the door. “Do you have something I can use in place of my sword?” she asked. “It is easier for me to focus with a blade in my hand,” explained the girl. After a moment of scrambling around, Keitaro handed her a length of tubing that had been part of the rail by the door. Sucking in a breath, Motoko focused. “Rock cutting blade second form!” she yelled, striking. The doors fell open, dropping off the train car as the familiar gust of wind roared through the car.
 
“Wow! That was amazing, Motoko-chan!” enthused Keitaro. Having been on the receiving end of such attacks more times than he could count, it was the first time that he had actually seen it from the other side. Sounds of amazement and soft clapping came from the other passengers as Motoko set the make-shift sword aside. Giving the others a brief bow, she carefully stepped out of the car, Keitaro steadying her as she negotiated the obstacles before her.
 
“We'll get some people back here to help you all,” Keitaro told the others, managing to jump out of the car without injuring himself. Together, he and Motoko moved toward the platform a couple of blocks away. Hearing sirens converging, the two glanced at each other. “Guess they know,” Keitaro shrugged. Motoko nodded.
 
“Indeed,” she agreed. “I would rather not explain my family art to the police,” she added.
 
“So, you think we should…?” Keitaro trailed off. Motoko nodded.
 
“If…if you are ok with it,” she said. Smiling, Keitaro nodded. Reaching the station, he hopped up off the track bed to the station platform, reaching down and pulling Motoko up as well. Ignoring the looks of the waiting passengers, the two headed out of the station. They had errands to run, and neither wanted to spend more time away from the Hinata than they had to.
 
Walking along, Keitaro found that he kept looking at Motoko out of the corner of his eye. Eventually, Motoko couldn't take it any more. “Is something wrong, Keitaro?” she asked. “You keep peeking at me,” explained the tall warrior.
 
“No, nothing's wrong,” he assured her. “It's just a little strange to see in a miniskirt and blouse, you know?” he laughed nervously. Motoko looked at the cement in front of her.
 
“I suppose it is,” she admitted softly. “Given our history, I shouldn't be surprised,” she sighed.
 
“No, it's not like that! You look incredible! Beautiful!” he hastily reassured her.
 
“T…thank you, Keitaro,” Motoko blushed. Keitaro heaved a silent sigh of relief. In the silence that followed, he became aware of how many men - and not a few women - were staring at Motoko. Looking back at her, he could understand. When he realized that he was staring at her breasts again, he blinked; but only blinked, since he didn't want to look away. Her nipples are hard, realized the young man, his dick stirring. Hurriedly glancing at Motoko's face, he saw color on her cheeks, but more importantly, a small smile on her lips.
 
“Um, Motoko?” he asked her. She hummed, turning her head to glance at him. “Would you mind if we made a small stop on the way?” he asked her. Silently, she shook her head. Keitaro looked around, orienting himself before pointing to a side street. Motoko changed direction, Keitaro beside her. Shortly after, Keitaro ushered her into a small coffee shop. Nearly deserted at that time of day, the girl behind the counter bowed to them. Motoko spotted a small two-seat table in the far corner, motioning to it. Keitaro nodded, ordering two small creamed coffees.
 
With the small cups in hand, he moved over to the table, finding Motoko settled in and waiting calmly. Placing a cup before her, he sat down opposite her. “Um,” he fumbled for the words to say, “Motoko, since we're more or less alone, I wanted to talk to you about…the situation,” he said quietly. Motoko's eyes swept the small shop quickly before focusing back on Keitaro.
 
“Yes, Keitaro?” she said, a tiny quaver in her voice.
 
“If…well, uh….if things turn out like you girls suggested, are you going to be ok with it?” he asked her. Slowly, Motoko nodded. “Why?” asked Keitaro bluntly.
 
“It's…because it would be you,” Motoko whispered, not looking at him. Her hands - wrapped around the small, cheap coffee cup, were trembling slightly. Keitaro frowned.
 
“It's not…because you feel you are honor-bound to accept?” he asked her softly. Motoko shook her head.
 
“No, not because of that, though I do feel good about having the opportunity to restore my family's honor,” Motoko said. “It's because it is you, Keitaro,” she repeated. Seeing that he wasn't following her, she sucked in a deep breath and tried to explain better.
 
“You know how I feel about men in general,” began the girl. “I hope you also understand why I feel that way,” she paused, glancing up at him. Seeing him nod, she smiled slightly as she continued. “While I have no fondness for men even now, I do have the greatest affection and respect for you, Keitaro,” she admitted. “Were it any other man, I would refuse to have anything to do with it - even at the cost of my own honor. But it isn't any other man. It is you - the only man I can honestly say I trust, respect and l…love,” she admitted.
 
“Love?” Keitaro asked, stunned. Slowly, forcing herself to meet his eyes, Motoko nodded.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Wow,” was the only thing Keitaro could come up with.
 
“Keitaro,” Motoko asked, reaching out and taking his hands in her own, “would you choose me? Even after all the times I have attacked you, insulted you, injured you and belittled you in public? Could you…accept me as your wife after all that?”
 
“I…” Keitaro trailed off, his mind in turmoil.
 
“It has become clear to me that I am lacking in the feminine arts,” Motoko went on, her tone a little desperate as her hands squeezed his harder. “Of all the girls in the Hinata, I am likely the least feminine - I know this,” she assured him. “But…I swear, I will learn! If you could allow me the chance, I know I can become a good wife! I can learn to be a woman if you will believe in me, Keitaro,” promised the girl. Keitaro felt like his hands were being crushed, but at the moment, he didn't find that worth worrying about.
 
“Motoko,” he began. The younger Aoyama cut him off.
 
“Tsuruko has promised to help me,” Motoko said softly. “She…Anue is well-versed in the duties of a wife,” she said diplomatically. “I would understand if you chose her,” added Motoko, her voice soft and her eyes back on the table top. “After all, she has not offered you the violence and disdain I have,” she admitted.
 
“Like hell she hasn't!” muttered Keitaro. “Remember that fight with her when my leg was broken? And every time she visits, the house needs repair,” he added. “I understand why she acts like she has, but still…!” Motoko was staring at him, eyes wide. “Uh, I mean, I know you better than I do your older sister,” he corrected his ill-considered words. Slowly, a smile tugged at Motoko's lips.
 
“Yes, I would agree you do,” she admitted. “Still, Anue is not without her good points,” the younger sister instinctively defended her former idol. “And she is first-born,” she pointed out. Keitaro sighed.
 
“Actually, I have thought about that a little,” he admitted. “But are you ok with the other girls being…involved if you end up married to me? Honestly, truly ok? No jealous fighting or irrational outbursts because of it?” he pressed. Licking her lips, Motoko debated how to answer that.
 
“I and the others have discussed the matter, and I believe it will not be of any real difference to how things are now,” she said. “More to the point, I have something I need to ask you; it's about that issue,” she explained. Keitaro waited. “Do you…read books?” she asked him. Seeing him frown, she clarified. “Do you read romance novels?”
 
“Uh, no, not really,” he replied slowly. “I mean, I've seen some around the house and once I happened to flip through one while at the tea shop, but that's about all,” he said.
 
“The ones you saw in the Hinata,” Motoko said softly, “do you happen to recall the name of the author?” asked the proud samurai girl. Keitaro struggled to recall.
 
“Um, no, I don't think so,” he said after a moment. “The cover illustration sort of looked a little like you and Kitsune, though,” he recalled, grinning a little. “Why ask?”
 
“I'll tell you later,” Motoko chickened out. Keitaro frowned, but shrugged it off. He was used to such strange behavior after living with a house full of girls for the last several years. Recalling something he had been wrestling with, he focused on Motoko once more.
 
“Motoko-chan, I wanted to ask you something; about your family and art,” he said. It was Motoko's turn to blink.
 
“Ok,” she said, sounding a little baffled by the odd request.
 
-
 
“I'm home!” called out Shinobu, absently kicking off her shoes by the door.
 
“Welcome back, sugar,” came Kitsune's voice, the fox girl's head appearing a moment later from the door to the kitchen. “How was school?” asked Kitsune.
 
“Fine,” Shinobu said, “did you need something, Kitsune-sempai? I can fix you a snack if you're hungry,” offered the smaller, younger girl. Kitsune emerged, holding a can of soda and a slice of cake.
 
“Ah, that's ok,” Kitsune said, smiling a little guiltily, “I already got the snack myself,” she explained.
 
“Ok,” Shinobu said. “But don't spoil your appetite, ok? I am planning something special for dinner tonight,” she said. Kitsune grinned at her, using her arm to snag Shinobu into a brief hug as the girl passed her.
 
“No fear of that,” Kitsune said, her cheek rubbing the short hair of the girl. Shinobu smiled as Kitsune released her, hurrying toward her room.
 
“Is Keitaro here?” asked Shinobu.
 
“Sorry, he's still out in town getting the supplies to make those repairs,” Kitsune said.
 
“Oh. If I had called him, I could have met him in town,” Shinobu sighed.
 
“Motoko is with him,” Kitsune said neutrally. Shinobu was silent for a moment.
 
“I see,” the girl said after a moment. “Anyone else home?” asked the girl, stepping into her room, leaving her door open as she swiftly stripped naked before slipping into her house clothes. She heard a board creak softly, and knew that Kitsune had followed her to her room.
 
“Mutsumi is around here somewhere; I think,” Kitsune replied, munching on her small treat. “Tsuruko is tending the tea shop right now, and Su is doing something in her room with her sister and those people from the Molmolian government. Granny is still in town with Haruka and Kanako, and Naru is at Todai,” she finished her report.
 
Shinobu hummed, hanging up her school uniform and setting her book bag aside for later. Kitsune studied the girl before her. She's certainly not a girl any more, thought the ash-haired woman, sipping her drink, our Shinobu-chan has become a woman. Wonder when that happened? And why none of us noticed until recently? mused the fox. With the warm weather, Shinobu was dressing light, a mid-riff spaghetti-strap top with a short, loose skirt. A flash of gold caught Kitsune's eye as Shinobu swiftly brushed her hair. “That's a nice ring, Shinobu,” she said, stepping into the girl's room. “Where did you get that?”
 
“This? It's the one that Su gave me in the annex; when she told me I would be marrying her and Keitaro,” Shinobu said, looking at the ring. She tried to recall when she had started to wear it around the house, but couldn't quite recall. Because she didn't want to lose it - gold rings weren't something she had in abundance; if at all - she had not worn it to school, though she had often thought about it, since she recalled hearing her sempais talk about how a ring on a girl's finger cut down on the number of guys trying to pick her up. Extending her hand toward Kitsune, she smiled warmly. “Pretty nice, isn't it? Looks old, too. Wonder where Su picked it up? Molmol maybe?” she guessed.
 
Kitsune was staring at the ring, a small frown on her face. “That looks…” she hummed. “Come with me a sec, sugar,” Kitsune said, catching Shinobu's hand and tugging the girl along. Shinobu followed, wondering what Kitsune was thinking about. The two ended up in Kitsune's room. Reaching into her top drawer, Kitsune pulled out a ring, slipping it on her own finger before taking Shinobu's hand in her own, the two rings side by side. “Weird,” Kitsune thought to herself aloud.
 
Looking at the rings, Shinobu spotted what Kitsune had seen: the two rings looked like a matched set. “Where did you get that ring, Kitsune-sempai?” asked Shinobu.
 
“I found it on the floor of my room after Su charged through a while back; when Amalla was chasing her,” explained the older woman. “It must have fallen out of her pouches or something. I've been keeping it in case she asks about it, but I guess she either didn't notice or doesn't care, because she hasn't said thing about it.”
 
Shinobu understood why Kitsune would hold on to a ring, and didn't think badly of the fox. “We should ask her,” Shinobu said softly. Kitsune sighed, but nodded. Together, the two made their way to Su's room. Su usually returned to the Hinata when Shinobu did, since they attended the same school, but today, Shinobu had stayed back to help Akiko, and Su had gone on ahead. So, when the two reached her door, Shinobu called out to her friend. “Su? Got a minute?”
 
“Shinobu!” came the immediate reply, a grinning blonde snatching Shinobu into a hug, her lips meeting Shinobu's lips. “Welcome back, dear,” she said before cackling delightedly.
 
“Su!” protested Shinobu, though the young girl made no overt move to push Su away or to stop her kiss. “Are you busy right now?” she asked, glancing into the over-grown room and spotting Amalla and the group from the Molmolian kingdom in there. “If you are, we can come back later,” Shinobu offered.
 
“Nothing important,” Su shrugged. “Hiya, Kitsune!” she said to the other woman at her door.
 
“We have a question, Su,” Kitsune said, holding out her hand, Shinobu resting her own hand beside Kitsune's hand. “Did you drop this ring in my room a while back?” asked Kitsune. Su peered at the two rings.
 
“I guess,” shrugged the foreign princess. “I wondered where that one went,” she added, though she made no move to recover the ring from Kitsune.
 
“That one?” echoed Kitsune.
 
Su nodded. “Yep! Found those rings with the necklace and some strange stamp thing in the room where the scroll was,” Su related. “I gave one to Shinobu for her engagement ring, but it looks like I dropped the other one,” she added, unconcerned. “You can keep it if you want it, Kitsune,” she added carelessly.
 
“Um, thank you, Su,” Kitsune replied.
 
“You're welcome,” Su responded.
 
“Hi, guys!” came the cheerful voice of Mutsumi. Turning, Shinobu and Kitsune saw the busty Okinawan Turtle Priestess had snuck up behind them. She had apparently just come from the hot spring, given that she was stark naked and her skin was still damp.
 
“Mutsumi-sempai,” Shinobu greeted the curviest of the girls.
 
“A warm bath after a day of classes feels so good, don't you think?” Mutsumi went on. “Speaking of that, is your friend coming over tonight?” Mutsumi asked Shinobu. The compact girl nodded.
 
“One final study session before finals,” she confirmed. “Do you think that Naru-sempai and Keitaro will be able to help us?” she asked Mutsumi. Smiling fondly at Shinobu, Mutsumi nodded, pulling the unresisting girl into a hug, Shinobu's face pressed to Mutsumi's breasts as the taller woman hugged her.
 
“Of course they will,” Mutsumi murmured, her hand caressing Shinobu's back soothingly. “I'm sure you will do well,” the brunette added. That thought triggered a reminder in Shinobu's head.
 
“Oh! Do you think that Granny might have time to speak with me tonight? It's about Akiko,” she explained.
 
“I'd love to, Shinobu-chan!” came an energetic voice from the hallway. Turning, the group saw Granny Hina standing there, a wide smile on her face.