Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Legacy ❯ Chapter 60

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Mm, that smells good, Shinobu-chan,” came Kitsune's voice. Shinobu smiled, glancing back to see the fox and Kanako in the doorway to the kitchen.
 
“Supper will be ready in about a half hour, Kitsune-sempai,” replied the small woman. The ash-haired woman nodded as she stepped up behind Shinobu, wrapping the indigo-haired girl up in a hug as she kissed her cheek. “Kitsune-sempai,” squealed Shinobu.
 
“You're just so cute, I can't resist,” Kitsune giggled, releasing her captive. “I've got just enough time to take a dip in the spring,” she said, moving toward her room. Shinobu was focused on her cooking as Kitsune left.
 
“Shinobu,” came Kanako's voice from just behind her. Shinobu flinched.
 
“Kanako!” she protested. Turning to look at the younger sister of her soon-to-be husband, only to feel her lips meet Kanako's lips. For nearly fifteen seconds, Kanako calmly, gently, made out with Shinobu, who shyly kissed her back.
 
“Tonight, you and I need to talk about something very important,” said the Urashima woman. “Do you want to come to Onii-chan's room, or should I come to your room?” she asked.
 
“I'll come to Keitaro's room,” Shinobu said. “We're studying in my room tonight,” she added. “Any time in particular?” she asked Kanako.
 
“After your study session, preferably when the others are asleep,” Kanako suggested.
 
“Ok,” agreed Shinobu, feeling her pulse pick up a little. I hope it isn't bad news, she worried. Kanako stayed by her for a moment, her soft, small hands caressing Shinobu's cheek, neck, chest, stomach, and finally her hips. Shinobu swallowed a little roughly. “Kanako?” she asked hesitantly.
 
“Shinobu, do you…” Kanako seemed to reconsider. “No, never mind; we will speak tonight - privately,” she said. Another kiss to the back of the younger girl's neck and Kanako was gone, like a shadow in the sunlight.
 
I wonder what that was about? Shinobu mused, slowly returning to her cooking. Hearing her cell phone ring, she quickly wiped her hands clean, plucked it out of her skirt pocket, and answered it. “Moshi moshi, Maehara speaking,” she answered.
 
“Shinobu, how are you doing?” asked the caller on the other end. It took Shinobu a fraction of a second to place the voice.
 
“Oh, Aki-chan,” she sighed, tucking the phone against her shoulder and resuming cooking. “How are you doing?” she asked her friend.
 
“I'm doing pretty good,” said the girl. “Cooking again?” she guessed.
 
“Yes,” Shinobu answered. “It's almost time to feed my sempais,” she laughed softly.
 
“Um, Shinobu,” Aki began slowly, hesitantly. “Would you do me a favor? I hate to ask, since you have done so much for me already…”
 
“Of course, Aki,” Shinobu replied, cutting off her friend. “What do you need? Study help?”
 
“Sort of,” she replied evasively. Shinobu glanced at the clock and calendar near by.
 
“Where are you right now? We're having a study session tonight, if you want to join us,” she offered. “You're about forty five minutes from here, aren't you?” she tried to recall precisely where her friend lived.
 
“Well, I'm kind of walking out of the rail station right now,” Aki admitted. Shinobu blinked.
 
“I see,” she replied. “You'll be right on time for supper, then,” smiled the domestic, quickly adding enough extra for her friend. “Come on in; the door will be open,” she chirped.
 
“Thanks, Shinobu!” Aki exclaimed. Fumbling for the kitchen rag to clean her hand so she could close her phone, she nearly dropped the phone.
 
“Ah!” she exclaimed, desperately grabbing for the phone. Her hand glanced off the edge of the phone as it slipped off her shoulder, sending the phone flying back and away from her. “No!” groaned Shinobu. Instead of hearing the phone clatter off the wood floor, she caught a flash of brunette hair out of the corner of her eye, and a moment later, Naru was offering her the closed phone.
 
“Don't worry, Shinobu-chan,” she smiled at the girl, “I got lucky and caught it before it hit the floor,” the older woman assured her.
 
“Thanks, Naru-sempai!” breathed the girl, relieved. “Could you put it in my pocket?” she asked, turning back to her cooking.
 
“Sure,” agreed Naru, slipping the phone back into Shinobu's skirt pocket. Naru rested her hand on Shinobu's hip for a moment. “Did I hear you invite someone to supper?” she asked, stepping closer to the girl, her large breasts gently pressing against Shinobu's back.
 
“Yes,” Shinobu answered, “Aki is coming by. She wants some help with some schoolwork,” she explained. Naru hummed, her other arm having snaked around Shinobu's waist.
 
“She got into Keio, right?” Naru asked, her cheek touching Shinobu's cheek.
 
“Yes,” Shinobu confirmed, eyes on her food prep and hands busy. “She taking early classes?” wondered Naru.
 
“She has some remedial classes to take, so she's taking them before her first full semester,” Shinobu supplied the answer. “Her score on her finals was barely enough to get her in, but I'm sure she can handle the course work,” Shinobu thought aloud. “After all, you and Keitaro taught her as much about studying as you did me,” she smiled. Naru gave her a gentle hug.
 
“Hey, Shinobu?” Naru asked her.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“I've always thought of you as a little sister,” Naru said softly, making Shinobu blush. “I had always thought that I was teaching you how to become a woman; like Mei,” she paused. “What I'm trying to say, Shinobu-chan,” she continued a moment later, “is that I'm sorry I messed it up so badly.”
 
“Naru-sempai…!”
 
“And I'm glad you were there to teach me how to be an adult - and a woman,” Naru firmly cut Shinobu off. A finger touched her chin, and Shinobu found herself kissing Naru. She returned the kiss, relaxing in Naru's embrace. Once her lips were free, Shinobu resumed her thought.
 
“I'm happy to know that you think of me as a sister,” she said honestly. “I'm an only child, but it doesn't feel that way, living with my sempais.”
 
“Even though we nearly messed everything up?” Naru asked ruefully.
 
“No! You didn't, Naru-sempai!” insisted Shinobu earnestly. “Things here were just a little…” she groped for the right word.
 
“Crazy?” Naru suggested, Shinobu feeling her silent laughter against her back.
 
“You were never crazy, Naru-sempai,” Shinobu said quietly. “You were just unsure of yourself.”
 
“That's one way of putting it,” Naru mused, the arm that had wrapped around Shinobu stroking the younger girl's side. Shinobu felt Naru's hand brush against her breasts, a shiver going through her at the feeling. “Um, sorry,” Naru said quietly, “you probably…” she started to say as she eased back from Shinobu.
 
“No, it's fine!” Shinobu said, setting her knife down even as she turned to face Naru. Wrapping her arms around Naru's neck - but being careful to keep her messy hands away from the other girl's hair - she looked Naru in the eyes. “It doesn't bother me,” she said, maintaining eye contact. “And don't worry about Mei, either, Naru-sempai,” she added, sensing that Naru had been nearly obsessing over her sister lately, “I'm sure we can fix things between you two.”
 
“Shinobu,” breathed a touched Naru. Giving her sempai a soft smile, Shinobu leaned into Naru, her lips touching the brunette's lips. She kisses different than Kitsune-sempai, thought Shinobu.
 
“Shinobu? I'm…oh!” gasped a voice, Shinobu and Naru nearly jerking apart. Looking at the door, Shinobu saw Aki staring at her and Naru, open-mouthed.
 
-
 
Supper had been a interesting affair at the Aoyama estate. Keitaro had enjoyed his soak with his women, and the two had seemed carefree and almost relaxed. When they had emerged from their soak and dressed again, the two sisters had led him around the estate, introducing him to the staff. The entire time, he hadn't seen one single Shinmei-ryu warrior. He had commented on this to his wife, and she had snickered, glancing at her sister before assuring him that they were all in the dojo, meditating as ordered. “If they know what is good for them, anyway,” Tsuruko had murmured, glint in her eye.
 
From his previous visit, he knew that there was a large number of household staff at the Aoyama estate. They dressed in hakama and gi like the rest, but didn't seem to be sword-users, since they didn't carry bokken or drill like the others did. Instead, they tended to the basic necessities of the household. Food preparation, laundry, cleaning and other domestic tasks were performed by this staff. It didn't escape his notice that a large percentage of these staffers were women. And many of them had rings on their fingers.
 
“Yes,” Tsuruko replied when he asked her about it. “Most of them are married to members of the school or other staff members. This is a large estate, and the upkeep requires a large workforce.”
 
“Oh,” Keitaro mused. “I had thought that the swordsmen did that kind of stuff,” he admitted. Motoko smiled.
 
“The upkeep of the dojo is part of the training for swordsmen, but beyond that, they are focused on their training,” she continued the thought. “Besides, as a national treasure, we have an obligation to maintain this in the tradition we have always maintained it.”
 
“You know, Keitaro, these people do the same kind of jobs you and Shinobu did for so long at the Hinata,” Tsuruko pointed out. “Not that any of us will be shirking our duties any more,” she assured him. Keitaro spotted a young girl steadily waxing a hallway as they walked past.
 
“Isn't she a little young to be doing that kind of work?” Keitaro wondered.
 
“No,” Motoko replied. “Tsuruko and I started out doing that sort of work at age four, to help us learn responsibility, self-discipline and strength.”
 
“So, she's a student, then?” Keitaro wondered. She's not much bigger than Shinobu-chan is, he thought.
 
“Her?” asked Tsuruko, sounding surprised. “No; well, she hasn't decided yet. She is the daughter of Tojima.”
 
“Tojima? That guy who took over the council?” gaped Keitaro. Tsuruko nodded.
 
“Yes,” confirmed the elder sister.
 
“Um, doesn't that mean that she's sort of against us?” wondered her lord. Tsuruko gave him a smile that clearly said she knew something he didn't.
 
“Perhaps,” she allowed, “perhaps not. Either way, she could go far as a Shinmei-ryu practitioner. It would be a waste to lose her.”
 
Keitaro got the distinct impression that he was missing something, but if his wife and concubine weren't concerned, he decided it was probably ok to let them handle this. “I've been wondering about something for a while now,” he said, changing the topic slightly. “Why are there so few women in the school? Granny said that your grandma was the most powerful practitioner of your family style in generations, and you two are clearly stronger than any of the students here, so women can obviously use your style. Why are there so few in relation to the men?”
 
Motoko answered him. “Because using our style is easier for men than for women; unless, of course, the woman is an Aoyama by blood,” she qualified that statement.
 
“It is?” wondered Keitaro. Tsuruko nodded.
 
“You need to understand a few things about our style, Keitaro,” she said, scratching at a door for a moment before sliding it open. In the room, several women were tending to laundry, some folding clean clothes, others mending small tears, while others sorted the folded and mended clothing into neat stacks. “Hello, ladies,” she greeted the women.
 
“Tsuruko-sama, Motoko-san,” smiled the clear leader of the group. “Is there anything you require?” she asked, needle flashing in her hands.
 
“No, Atsuko,” Tsuruko replied. “We just came to visit with you for a bit.”
 
“And to apologize for making so much work for you this morning,” Motoko added, bowing slightly to the middle-aged woman.
 
Atsuko laughed, the other women and girls joining her. “I should be thanking you, Motoko-san,” the woman insisted. “Those upstarts were getting a little too arrogant and high-handed. Watching you fix their attitude was very satisfying,” grinned the woman.
 
“So, how is married life, Motoko-san?” called a woman about Motoko's age. Motoko blushed a little.
 
“It's…good,” she allowed, peeking at Keitaro.
 
“Good? Just good? Maybe we should have a little woman-to-woman talk, Motoko-san,” teased another woman, who might have been around Tsuruko's age.
 
“Oh, give her a break, Saemi-chan!” another woman jumped in. “Not that long ago, she hated men!”
 
“Yes, and we were worried she would never marry!” laughed another of the women. Motoko blushed a little more. “Guess she just needed the right man,” grinned the woman.
 
“Indeed,” Tsuruko agreed, fondly squeezing Motoko's shoulder. “And Keitaro-sama is most assuredly the right man,” she added, making Keitaro blush not unlike Motoko was. The staff women just loved that, of course, oohing and awing and remarking how cute they were.
 
“And how about you, Tsuruko-sama?” challenged Atsuko. “What is it like being a concubine?” she asked, smiling evilly. Tsuruko smiled back.
 
Very nice,” she purred. One of her hands caressed her belly. “Also highly rewarding,” she added, her smile turning a little smug. Atsuko started at her thoughtfully for a moment. Then, her eyes went wide.
 
“Do you mean…?!” she breathed. Tsuruko gave her a wide smile, touching her lips with her finger. The room exploded in shrieks from the women, and if Motoko hadn't pulled Keitaro to the side, he would have been trampled by the women mobbing her big sister, chattering excitedly.
 
Keitaro silently watched as Tsuruko soaked in the congratulations from the other women. She seems very happy, he thought. He felt Motoko take his hand in her own. Looking up at his wife, he saw her smile at him. “And how about you, Motoko-san?” Atsuko asked, standing in front of the two. “Are you following Tsuruko-sama's lead in this as well?” challenged the woman.
 
“N…not yet,” Motoko murmured. Certainly not from lack of opportunity, though! thought the girl, her belly growing warm at the very thought. Atsuko eyed Motoko for a long moment.
 
“When you do, would you bring him or her here so I can meet them?” asked the woman, giving Motoko a strange sort of smile.
 
“I…hai,” Motoko allowed. The gaggle of women broke up, the staff resuming their duties as Motoko and Tsuruko moved among them, chatting quietly with the girls. Keitaro stayed near the door, feeling a little awkward as the women kept looking at him strangely as they spoke softly with the two sisters.
 
After nearly a half-hour, his women bid the staff goodbye and they moved on. “You are well-liked by the staff,” he shared his thoughts with the sisters.
 
“This surprises you?” asked Tsuruko, glancing at him.
 
“Um, well, sort of,” he admitted, only then realizing how it might have sounded to his concubine. “Not that you two aren't loveable, of course!” he hastily added. Both girls laughed softly. “It's just you two have always been so reserved and…” he groped for the right word.
 
“Stiff?” suggested Motoko, her tone a bit bland. Kanako did have a point about that, I suppose, she admitted to herself.
 
“Uh…” Keitaro scratched the back of his head, having no clue what to say.
 
“We grew up in this house,” Tsuruko spared him. “Even though we were students of the Shinmei-ryu school, we had fairly normal childhoods; for Aoyama, of course,” she allowed with a smile. “The household staff treated us like daughters and sisters, and that bond has never gone away. Even now, it is the basis of our entire relationship with them. And that is what is important.”
 
Until supper, the two had led him around, talking to the staff. A half hour before supper, the two returned to their room, and once more bound their breasts and tied their hair back. Keitaro, seeing this, recalled that he was supposed to give them a message that he himself had never gotten. “Oh! Haru-chan and Granny called earlier today,” he told them.
 
“What did they say?” asked Tsuruko, tugging on her gi to make sure it was secure.
 
“Well, they didn't say,” he admitted.
 
“I see,” Motoko mused, tying her hakama's draw string firmly. Tsuruko handed her younger sister her cell phone. Punching buttons, Motoko checked her display. While she was doing this, Tsuruko had her own cell phone out, thumb pressing buttons as her eyes scanned the screen.
 
“Thank you for passing that message along, Keitaro-sama,” Tsuruko said, closing her phone. A moment later, Motoko closed her phone as well. Tucking their phones into their hakama, the sisters casually scooped up their blades and smiled sweetly at Keitaro.
 
“Will you escort us to supper, Keitaro?” asked Motoko. Her eyes spotted the modest tenting to his pants, making her lick her lips.
 
“Of course,” he breathed. I'd escort them anywhere, he thought, slightly dazed. Watching the two re-bind their chests while standing naked save for their panties - skimpy panties at that! - had short-circuited his higher brain functions. Flanked by his wife and concubine, he made his way to the dining room.
 
Opening the door to the large communal dining hall, he felt a sudden chill. Blinking, he scanned the sea of stony-eyed swordsmen before him. Table after long table of hard eyes affixed him. Gulping slightly, he saw that a few of the assembled school were not glaring at him. Those few, however, were in the minority. Didn't Tsu-chan say that roughly half the school would side with her? he tried to recall exactly what had been said in the first meeting. Looks like about a third of them don't want to kill us. Maybe Tsu-chan misjudged; or maybe Motoko and she made some new enemies with that little demonstration in the yard, he thought uncomfortably. What I wouldn't give for Haru or Kanako to be here right now. Or granny…no, that probably wouldn't help any, he reconsidered his initial thought. Granny Hina would probably pick a fight with the entire school just to see if she could whip them all. She probably could, too, he thought.
 
A gentle touch to his back jostled him from his thoughts, and he saw three seats open at the front of the room, at the only table not in line with the others. Daizaburo was already sitting at one of the spots at that table. At another spot, Tojima sat. Keitaro could almost feel the man's hostility. “Good evening,” Tsuruko spoke calmly, subtly guiding Keitaro to the center of three seats, Motoko on his far side. Sinking down to kneel properly on the cushion, Keitaro noticed both sisters bowing their head to him as he sat. Why are they doing that? he wondered.
 
Once he was seated, Tsuruko and Motoko gracefully, fluidly knelt beside him, both placing their sheathed katanas beside them - but not before holding them up for a moment longer than necessary. The plain wooden-handled and sheathed Aoyama sword might not have had the flair and visual appeal of the more ornate Hinata blade, but everyone in the room knew the history behind the Aoyama blade. While the Hinata blade was not familiar to the members of the Shinmei-ryu, the fact that it was a named blade in the hands of Motoko spoke clearly to them. Each of the students and instructors were armed with a simple wooden sword, while the greenest students - those who had yet to master a ki attack - were only allowed shinai.
 
“I see we are short some students,” Tsuruko said, scanning the table.
 
“They are still recovering from your instruction this morning, Tsuruko-sama,” Daizaburo answered for the students. Faintly, Keitaro thought he heard some angry muttering in the room. Motoko's fingernail tapped the table once, and the room fell silent.
 
“I see,” Tsuruko nodded slightly. “You have arranged for food to be brought to them?” she glanced at her great uncle. The man nodded. “Then, let us hope for a swift recovery for our injured friends and enjoy our meal.” Keitaro wondered if that was even possible.