Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Mending Two Broken Hearts Together ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mending Two Broken Hearts Together

By: Felpool_Leon

Disclaimer: I do not own Love Hina: It's owned by Mr. Akamatsu himself.

The morning sun had started rising upon the sky and on the mess that was the Annex after everything had occurred that fateful night that Keitaro and Naru had decided to go against fate. Kanako Urashima was the only one left, the rest had went back to the inn to party for the glorious occasion until they were all drunk. She didn't care anymore; not for the moment at least.

Nothing seemed to matter anymore after she had admitted defeat to Naru. It just wasn't fair! Tears in her eyes started to form and she slowly slipped to the ground, her resolve failing her again. Jealousy still had welled inside of her for some reason. The tears kept on falling down even faster onto her hands and onto her lap. She barely heard the footsteps behind her, yet she had the strength to move from the spot to take any action to do anything.

The footsteps stopped right next to her and the person kneeled down and rubbed her eyes with a hankerchief. She gasped and nearly fell on her back at who was doing this deed since this person had very little to do with her at all. She gathered the courage to finally speak after all this time.

"Mr. Sakata, why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Because you're not the only one who has had a broken heart today. I've had my share of hard knocks too." He told her with a serious look in his eyes.

She stared at him right back and quickly understood what he meant: he had a hard time accepting the fact that Naru had chosen Keitaro, but decided to stick around in some way to help out. Of course she could have had him somehow used as a way to direct Naru away from Keitaro for herself. 'Who am I kidding?' she said to herself, shaking her head violently. Kentaro, worried that she might start up again, puts a hand to her cheek and turns her face to him. "What's bothering you so much? Please tell me."

'Why is he being so kind to me? I still don't understand why? After everything I've done to everyone; even HIM of all people. That's the last thing I'd expect.' she told herself.

"Please, I don't want any pity." She begged, her eyes looking in the opposite direction from him.

"My dear, pity is the last thing I want you to have right now. Happiness is what you should be expirencing in your life right now. I've had only the false kind when I tried to confort myself into thinking that Naru was the one who wanted that kind of love to be forced out of her. I was a fool, I should of never gone to that length. I don't want you to try to ever do something like that ever again. I've already paid somewhat of a price but I am still recovering." He said, his face slowly changing from that to upbeat, to that of someone who was trying to hold on to some pieces of himself.

Kanako was shocked at the sudden turn of events that had occurred right now. Kentaro had just confessed out all of his idiocy and telling her not to do the same things ever again. Not to hurt anymore people around her. She never wanted to do any of that! She always felt so alone, abandoned, but why did she feel so guilty? He was right there in front of her and in tears of all things, that made it even worse! That started her crying again, yet she wanted to set one thing right in order help them both recover somehow.

'Please, dear Kami-sama make this work!' She prayed to herself before doing whatever popped inside her head: She brought her hands to Kentaro's face, pulled him close to her, and kissed him longingly, both lost in esctacy to the saltiness that mixed in with the tears. Kentaro, shocked by this the most, still managed to wrap his arms around her waist still even after toppling onto her by the force she applied by pulling him forward.

Kentaro soon after stopped the kiss in amazement. "But.......why? I don't quite understand."

"Those who are heartbroken don't always need to understand, sometimes you need to lean on ones shoulder to go on." She put a hand on his face and softly ran it down. "Besides, I kinda thought I looked cute doubled up as you."

Kentaro snorted and started tickling Kanako. "Yeah you wish!"

Both went on wrestling and tickling each other for a while longer until they were spent and ended up curled up next to each other in the grass, sleeping away the hours until a very nosy Kitsune woke them up to get them back inside the Hinata.

A/N: Ok! Please R and R! Tell me what cha' think ^_^!!!!