Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It had been a week since everyone had last saw him.
 
And yet he had not returned.
 
By now, the toll of Keitaro's disappearance was weighing down heavily on everybody.
 
On the first day of his disappearance, Naru and Motoko had both been of the stand of, “GOOD RIDDENCE!” towards the disappearance of the manager, while the other tenants were getting somewhat worried, as Keitaro usually returned in a couple of hours after he had been sent flying. But nobody was really concerned, as they all believed in Keitaro's `Immortality'.
 
On the second day, Naru had noticeably weakened her stand, and was even seen to be constantly looking out the front door, as if checking for Keitaro's return.
 
On the third day, everybody in the dormitory, with the notable exception of Motoko, were explicitly concerned about the missing manager. Meanwhile, Su had retreated to her room after collecting a sample of Keitaro's hair from his room, saying that she was going to build a `Keitaro Radar'. Shinobu started burning the meals she cooked, Kitsune seemed sober most of the time, and Motoko acted as if she couldn't be happier over Keitaro's disappearance. Naru meanwhile, stayed in her room, but came out during mealtimes. However. during those times, she seemed quieter than usual, probably because the manager was not about, of whom she would usually rant loudly, right into his face.
 
And since then, it had only gotten worse.
 
By Saturday, there was full-blown panic in the house, and even Motoko seemed to be concerned. Shinobu was in hysterics, saying that Keitaro `hated them' and what not. Naru had locked herself into her room the previous day, while Su still had not emerged from her room. Motoko as concerned, but she wasn't fazed much by the disappearance. She said that it was probably because he had grown a spine and decided to move out. Of course, she never thought about why he would leave all his belongings behind if he had wanted to strike it out on his own.
 
On Sunday, Su finally emerged from her room, and when she announced that she had completed her tracking device everybody bolted towards the living room where she was, and peculiarly, Naru seemed to have slightly red and swollen eyes. When everyone had gathered, Su explained that Keitaro should show up as a red dot on the monitor and took out the device, on which the screen was currently blank. When she flicked the switch and turned on the device, a highly detailed map of the world was displayed.
 
But there was no red dot.
 
oxoxoxo
 
Keitaro lay alone, far, far away in a virgin forest.
 
Soft white wings, emitting a holy glow, lay at his sides.
 
Slowly he stirred, but it was obvious that he was not moving on his own will, as even when he stood up straight, his head drooped and his hand hung lifelessly at his sides. Only the wings moved, and suddenly, with a swoosh, the wings ferried Keitaro somewhere.
 
Up, up, and into the unknown.
 
oxoxoxo
 
Now, go read Metangelo's “An Angel's Tears”!