Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The Romantic Tales of Love Hina ❯ At First Sight ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This fanfiction is based off of the original story Love Hina by Ken Akamatsu.
 
Intro: Well here goes my first fanfic. I am a sucker for romantic stories and loved the lovey dovey stuff throughout the manga. I plan to bring out the romance early on and go from there. I am starting w/ the Naru/Keitaro thing, might do different points of view, or how every girl falls for Kei, maybe some adult scenes, not too sure yet.
 
After thinking about my story, I realize my story mirrors the Manga a lot. Sorry. I will try to do different things here and there. Please review and be gentle, as I am new to this stuff. Enjoy.
 
The Romantic Tales of Love Hina
Chapter 1: At First Sight
 
The boy looked up at the towering steps ahead of him. He let out a sigh and unknowingly took his first steps towards love. Once at the top, he looked at what he remembered as the Hinata Inn. He thought, `Maybe this place will bring me some good luck. I sure need it. Hopefully life will be less stressful here with Grandma.' He knocked twice at the entrance and said, “H-Hello? Grandma? Uh, anybody?” After a minute of indecision, he decided to enter and walk around. Down the hall he heard some noises. He slowly approached the eating area and was instantly enchanted by a beautiful girl with long, flowing brown hair. She was eating noodles with a distant look on her face. He was suddenly overwhelmed by a warm feeling in his chest and he started to feel nervous. His cheeks began to redden, and began to perspire. He thought, `Wow, she is so pretty. What do I say to her?' He finally said quietly, “Uh, uhm, hello there. My name is, K-Keitaro U-Urashima. I'm looking for… do you know where Urashima-San is? I'm her, she's my, uh…”
 
The young lady was surprised and slowly looked up. Their eyes met and she suddenly blushed also. She finished chewing a mouthful of noodles and said, “Uhm. Hi, my name is Naru Narusegawa.” She suddenly became speechless and thought, `Ah, he is kinda cute. What did he ask again? What's wrong with me? Why am I blushing all of a sudden?' She said, “I'm sorry what did you say again?” They both became more comfortable as they continued to talk.
 
Keitaro said, “Urashima-San, she owns this place, right?”
 
Naru said, “Well she is at the Tea House right now, but will be back before dinner.”
 
Keitaro said, “Oh, ok. Well, I'll just wait in the lobby. I think I saw some couches over there, thanks.” He thought, `That was odd. I've never really talked to a girl before, especially one so pretty. She kinda made me nervous. I hope grandma isn't too upset that I'm here.' Without looking, he quickly turned around and began to walk toward the lobby. He crashed into someone and clothes flew everywhere. He saw a cute young girl with short hair. He said, “Uh Oh. Sorry about that. I'm very clumsy, didn't look where I was goin” The young girl was surprised by the young man and opened her mouth to speak. After she looked at his face, she suddenly became speechless and blushed.
 
She thought, `Ah. He is so handsome. I can't think of anything to say. (Looks at clothes) Aww, my laundry'
 
Her thoughts are interrupted when he said, “Really, I'm very sorry. My name is Keitaro Urashima, let me help you gather your…” But the girl quickly jumped up and ran away. He yelled, “W-Wait!” But she had already disappeared around the corner. He thought, `Great job, get nervous when talking to one girl. Scare and knock down another. I'm doing a great job today. Why do these things always happen to me? Sigh' After gathering the laundry into a neat pile, he walked with his head down to the lobby to wait. He sat down on the couch and realized that he couldn't stop thinking about Naru. `She must think I'm such a dork. Stuttering and blushing. Oh well. Wow, this couch is pretty cozy. I'm, a, bit, tired…” and he fell asleep. He dreamed about the girl from his childhood and the promise…
 
CRASH!!! He was suddenly awakened by a painful kick to the face. He fell over the side of the couch and landed on his head. He opened his eyes and saw a spunky, short haired blond girl. He yelled, “OWWWW! What was that for?!”
 
The young girl giggled and said, “You looked so comfortable and content sitting there. Hee, Hee. And you're a boy. What are you doing here?”
 
After adjusting himself to sit on the floor, he rubbed his head and touched his bruised cheek. He thought, `Wow! What a way to wake up from a dream. That girl has a vicious kick. He said, “I am Keitaro Urashima and I'm looking for Urashima-San. Has she come back yet?”
 
She flashed a bright smile and said, “Well, I'm Kaolla Su. Urashima-San should be here any minute.”
 
Two girls arrived and the oldest one said, “What's going on Su? Is this a friend of yours?” Keitaro turned around and stared at two large breasts. She said, “You like what ya see, hon?” She flashed a seductive grin.
 
He blushed and thought, `Wow those are huge! This is so embarrassing. Say something you idiot!' He said, “S-Sorry, Yes, I mean, no. (Shakes head, looks at her face) I mean, my name is Urashima, Keitaro Urashima.”
 
The woman said, “My name is Mitsune Konno. Nice to meet ya.” She pointed to a serious girl dressed up in a kendo uniform, “And this is Motoko Aoyama.” Motoko glared angrily towards Keitaro as if ready to attack.
 
Keitaro nervously said, “I, I was just waiting for Urashima-San. I was told she should be here soon”
 
Mitsune said, “Well, Shinobu is about done making dinner, so…”
 
Kietaro replied, “Is Shinobu your chef?”
 
Mitsune laughed and said, “Heh, yeah I guess you could say that. Seeing how she is the best cook out of all of us. Come on, let's go.”
 
She began to walk towards eating area when Motoko angrily yelled, “Can this weakling eat here in the lobby? Does he really have to sit down and eat with us?”
 
Mitsune laughed and put her arm around Motoko, she said, “Lighten up Motoko. It's not often that we have visitors over for dinner. Especially someone as cute as him.” Mitsune turned away from Motoko, grabbed Keitaro's hand and lead him towards the eating area.
Motoko glared at Keitaro and yelled, “Fine! But he better behave, or it will be his undoing.” She stomped loudly ahead of them.
 
Keitaro, who was sweating and scared whispers, “What's her problem? Why is she so hostile?”
 
Mitsune said, “Eh, don't worry about her sweetie, let's eat.”
 
The group walked towards eating area. The table was set with many dishes to eat. Shinobu faced the stove and finished up one last dish.
 
Su said happily, “Smells yummy Shinobu. We havin' turtle today?
 
Shinobu grinned and said, “No, Su. Not this time.”
 
Mitsune said, “Oh yeah, Shinobu. Have you met our cute lil' visitor yet? This here is Keitaro Urashima.”
 
Shinobu turned around to look, blushed and dropped her cooking spoon. She said, “Uhm.” She thinks, `Ah, it's that cute guy from the hallway. Wow, I dropped something again. He must think I'm such a clutz.'
 
Keitaro laughed and put his hand on head. He said, “Ah, Yeah. We kinda bumped into each other earlier” and he grinned.
 
Shinobu said, “Uhm, H-Hello. I am, my name, is, Shinobu Maehara. (Bows slightly). Nice to meet you.” She thinks, `I'm so nervous. I'm so nervous, I can barely move'
Keitaro said, “Nice to meet you. (smiles brightly) Sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to frighten you.”
 
Shinobu looked down and said, “Uhm. Ah. Yeah. Okay.” She thought, `I want to look at him, but don't want him to get the wrong idea' She then ran out of the room.
Mitsune waved her hand and said, “Don't mind her. Let's eat.” And sat down.
Keitaro paused and said, “Uh, ok, I guess. Hey, Mitsune. Is there a girl named Naru who lives here?”
 
Mitsune is surprised and said, “Hmm, oh yeah. You musta met her already. (flashes a sneaky smile) Almost forgot about her. (Yells) NARU! TIME TO EATTT! (Talks to everyone) Best not to let this food get cold, dig in.”
 
Everyone began eating. Naru arrives and said, “You started without me? Where's Shinobu?” She blushed and stood frozen as she looked at the empty seat next to Keitaro.
Kitsune with a mouthful of food said, “Shh runn uff smwhrr. (Chews) We're all hungry here. (Points to Keitaro) You've met the cutey here right?” Keitaro blushed and looked down.
 
Naru said, “Ah, yeah. (Sits down next to Keitaro and looks at him briefly) Hi there.”
 
Keitaro looked up and blushed. He finished swallowing and said, “Hey.” and thought, `Wow. That's all you can say? You're a regular Romeo.'
 
Naru stared at food and didn't move. She thought, `Why am I so nervous. It's nice to see him again, but now I can't move. (frowns) Should I eat in front of him? Maybe a few bites, I don't want him to think I'm a pig.'
 
Motoko looked angry and said, “Are you ok Naru? You look really red. (getting louder) I sense something wrong. Did this weakling try to take advantage of you earlier? I will destroy him right now!” (Holds sword ready to strike)
 
Naru waves arms in air and said, “N-No! I'm fine, Motoko, thanks. I'm just, uh. It's nothing.” She looked down and began to eat.
 
Kitsune swallowed more food and said, “So what brings ya here, Keitaro? We don't get many visitors. Especially cute boys. (Winks) If you want, I can show you around. My room is…”
 
Haruka sternly said, “That's enough Kitsune. (Everyone turns to look at Haruka) Hello girls, Keitaro.”
 
Keitaro flashed a surprised look and said, “Aunt Haruka. What are you doing here? Where's grandma?”
 
Haruka took a drag from her cigarette and said, “I run this place for her. I should ask what you are doing here. If I remember correctly, you go to Tokyo University, right?
 
All Girls yelled, “TOKYO U! WOW!” They whisper to each other.
 
Keitaro frowned and looked down. He said, “Ah. No, not really. I'm a Ronin. I'm still trying to get in and was hoping I could stay at this inn while I go to prep school.”
 
Haruka said, “Oh. (Pauses) Well, first of all, this is a girls dormitory, not an Inn. Secondly, I will check with Grandma tonight and see what she says. You can stay in my room tonight and we'll talk more about this tomorrow.”
 
Keitaro said, “B-But, Aunt Haruka!”
 
Haruka said, “Don't get the wrong idea, idiot. I'll stay at the Tea House. Let's eat.”
…later on that night…
 
Keitaro thinks, `What a day. Nowhere else to go. Embarrassed in front of all of those girls. And then there's Narusegawa…' Smiles dreamily and falls asleep. While at the room right above him…
 
Naru thinks, `That poor guy, a Ronin, huh? He is really cute though. (Smiles) He has a kindness and friendliness about him. He kinda reminds me of…' (falls asleep)