Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Third Crowd ❯ Chapter 6: " A Wandering Samurai" ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Third Crowd

Disclaimer: I don't own Love Hina. Mitsune, she is the foxy girl of the group…Keitaro is the usual victim of this money wise female.

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\ =\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\

=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5 =5=5=5=5=5=5=5=

Flashback: Chapter 5

N.E.O. starts to learn new things with the help of the gang. It's a start and it slowly improves. Rem and Motoko finally got time to be alone together and Rem shared a story about him and a past acquaintance. It turns out that Motoko was the one who Rem promised something when he was young. Lastly Keitaro finds a man lying near the Hinata steps and alerted the others about it. When Rem saw the man he was surprised to see who it was and…

=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5 =5=5=5=5=5=5=

=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6 =6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6

Chapter 6: " A wandering Samurai"

It's not who you think ^_^

=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6 =6=6=6=6=6=6=6=6

Hinata Entrance: ( 8: 53 am)

The gang gathered around the unconscious man and observes him.

" Who is this man?" Naru asked

" I don't know, I found him there before we came here Narusegawa"

" He's not moving…"

" He smells like he's dead too! ^_^"

" Maybe he IS dead."

Then the man just stood up and wrapped his arms around Keitaro. The man's face was covered with hair and was not recognizable.

" Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh…"

" Waaaaaaaahhhhhh! He's a ZOMBIE! *_*"

Keitaro was frantic about the whole situation he is in and tries to shake the man off him but somehow he can't shake him off. Naru tries to help Keitaro but to no avail. The man's grip was tight. Then the man started to mumble.

" Neeeeed…Fooood…"

" WAAAAAAHHHH!!! I'm not FOOD! Please don't eat me! *_*"

Shortly after Rem and the others runs towards Keitaro and tries to know what's going on.

" Hey what has happened?"

" HEY! Keitaro's being devoured =^_^="

Sato puts his hands behind his head and smiles.

" WAAAAAAAHHHHH! SAVE ME! *_*"

Keitaro completely terrified, swings his arms around like crazy and tries to shake the man off him.

" Huh? What the?"

Rem stops to look at the man more closely and it seems he knows him.

" D-dad?"

Everyone stops and looks at Rem.

" What did you say? Dad?"

The man then turns around to Rem and looks at him. He let's go of Keitaro and walks towards Rem, he was swaying from side to side as he walked like he was drunk.

" Reeeeeem iiiiiiisss thaaaaaaat yoooooou?"

Rem then punches the man on the face.

" Stop talking like that! You're starting to give me the creeps. T_T"

The man falls down and mumbled.

" Can't be helped…Haven't eaten in days…"

"* Sigh * It's okay everyone, he won't hurt anybody"

Rem calms the situation and again turns to the man.

" Hrrmmm… Sato help me carry him."

" Okay! =^_^=" Sato helps Rem carry the man

" Dad you're so pathetic!"

Rem rambled as he walks the man inside. The gang then just followed behind Rem and watched. Rem led the man to the dining room and prepared a little something to eat. Rem prepared food that is enough to feed ten men and the man was able to finish it all up.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dining Room: (9:32 am)

" Ahhhh… You sure can cook."

The man tapping his enlarged stomach.

" What are you doing here?"

" Hmm? We haven't seen each other for years and that's how you would greet me?"

" Yeah how come Rem-Sempai?"

" Nothing important…it's just…"

The man then burst into tears and started rambling…

" You're so cruel! After I raised you this is how you will repay me! I can't live with this!"

The man then quickly removed his gi and swat down on the floor, took out a small sword and held it against his abdomen. He's going to commit Hara-kiri. The others tried to stop him from doing suicide, which turned out to be a crazy situation. Rem just stood calmly and began…

" Hey, it's nice to see you and all but there's a reason why you're here…"

" Hmm…you're right."

The man then just calmed down and put on a serious face, Rem waits for his answer.

"…"

"…"

"…"

" Hey tell me, who are your friends?"

Rem then almost drop on the floor, stood up again and asked the man…

" What the-? Don't change the subject!"

" Hello there everyone, I'm Rem's father!"

" ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?"

" Calm down Rem, he'll tell you later I guess. =^_^="

" Hmm maybe."

" Fine, Everyone this is my father Matsuhara Shingora."

" Call me Matthew dudes!"

" Eh? *_*"

" He thinks like a teenager, doesn't act grown up anyway…" Motoko remarked.

" Hey Dad, when was the last time you took a bath?"

" Hmm? Last month whadya ask? ^_^"

" I think it's time to take another one…"

Rem pinches his nose to prevent him from smelling his father's odor.

" Hmm? You think so?"

Matthew then smells his armpits and body.

" I think I can still go for another month or so. ^_^"

" Go take a bath!"

Rem pushes Matthew towards the bathroom. The gang then just stood there mesmerized.

" What a weird man…"

" Uh huh…"

Matthew finishes taking a bath and also shaved his face. Rem let him borrow some of his clothes while his clothes were washed. Matthew went down and saw the gang. The gang was surprised to see how handsome Matthew was. He has deep red hair properly tied in a ponytail. He also has blue eyes like Rem. His bangs covered the right side of his face hiding his right eye. He's wearing a blue T-shirt and jeans. He borrowed Sato's spare rubber shoes and has a gold chain bracelet on his left wrist. He looks really young to be a father and the group just stood there with their mouths wide open.

" What's wrong?"

" You look a lot better than before." Keitaro said in awe.

" You think so? But I kinda liked to have my mustache and all but Rem insisted that I shave it all." Matthew fixing his self and feels his chin for some unshaved hair.

" Maybe now you can answer my question."

Rem goes down the stairs.

"…"

" Well?" Rem gets impatient.

"…"

"DAD?"

" You know it's a nice day today! ^_^"

" Will you just answer my question!"

" Fine…You know I'm going around the world collecting swords right?"

" Swords?" Naru asked

" Yup, I collect special kinds of swords all over the world so I can seal them."

" Seal the swords?"

" Hmm, If I don't it could bring chaos to the world."

" Then when I was looking for the next sword I got lost and I lost all my

belongings in Kyoto. Then I started wandering around Japan without money and food."

" Waah! That's so sad…"

" Not really, then I came across the Hinata Sou but before I can knock on the door my body lost it's strength and I just dropped on the floor."

" Oh, then I found you lying on the ground."

" Yup ^_^"

" What's the sword you're looking for this time dad?"

" Don't call me dad, call me Matthew"

" Yeah"

" The sword I'm looking for is the sword they call dark blade."

After hearing this Motoko was surprised to know this man was looking for the sword she has fought and defeated.

" This sword is dangerous, there's a demon inside it that possess anyone who wields it."

" Motoko… is that?"

" Yes, sir you're looking for this sword."

Motoko presents the sword she's carrying to Matthew. Matthew then just kept quiet and then stood up.

" Well before I jump to conclusions, can I see the sword?"

Motoko hands him the sword and Matthew examines it.

" Hmm, The demon inside the sword is gone…can you tell me how?"

" I was able to defeat it some time before. Then I was able to use the sword without any problems."

" I see…"

Matthew returns the sword to it's sheath and hands it back to Motoko.

" But you know I can't take the risk of the sword causing harm, so I kindly ask you to give it to me."

" Dad!"

" What? Is that a problem?"

" That sword is Motoko's and…"

" Even so it is still a demon sword and it has the tendency to become active again."

" I know the risks sir, but I can't give you the sword."

" You're willing to put your friends in danger?"

" No, it's not that…"

" Then you have no choice but to give it to me."

" Matthew-San, we know it's a demon sword and Motoko was able to defeat it and we didn't have any problems about it for that time on. And so you don't have to take it away." Naru defended Motoko

" Yeah, and that sword is Motoko's happiness you can't just take it away." Su added.

" Everyone, thank you." Motoko was almost in tears.

" Dad, I assure you that Motoko can take care of that sword."

" This is interesting…"

" Huh?"

" You're backing her up? You only back up people who are really skilled so this girl must be skilled."

" Let me give you a test, if you pass you get to keep the sword but if you don't you'll have no choice but to give me the sword."

" Fine if that's what it will take to stop you from taking this sword."

" Okay then, let's go outside ^_^"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=

Hinatagrounds: ( 10:30 am)

Matthew leads Motoko outside. Motoko is wondering what kind of test she must under go. Then Matthew started to give instructions.

" Okay here's what you got to do, watch closely."

Matthew positions himself near a tree, and closes his eyes. He then steps forward. At the same time the tree received four slashes. Motoko was not able to believe what just happened. Matthew returns back to Motoko.

" You saw what I did? All you have to do is do the same thing."

" What? I have to deliver four slashes at the same time?"

" Hey, you can't complain, I know someone who can deliver nine."

" Urgh, what kind of a test is this?"

" If you can't do it until tomorrow, you'll fail."

Motoko tries to do the same thing but it was too difficult to do. She can get two slashes but the third is difficult to do. After a few tries she gets exhausted and Matthew tells her to rest. Matthew returns inside the inn where he was confronted by Rem.

" Isn't that too hard?"

" You think so? But it's one of the basics I teach"

" But you did not teach her."

Rem walks over Motoko.

" Hey, if you want to deliver four slashes, you must do it in a pattern."

" What pattern?"

" Try delivering them in a spiral motion, of course you must do this quickly so you will deliver them all at the same time."

" Thank you, Onii-San"

Motoko blushed after saying that and tried to do what Rem told her. Rem then just walked away and left her to concentrate.

Motoko tried to deliver the four slashes over night. She did not give up until she got it right. Another thing that made her keep going is the fact that Rem told her the proper way to do it. At a distance Sato and Rem watches over Motoko.

" You think she'll get it? =^_^="

"Yeah, she's a good swordswoman."

" Yeah I guess. =^_^="

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Next Morning ( 7:25 am)

Tomorrow breaks and Matthew waits for Motoko to perform the slash. Everyone was also there to watch. The tree now is full of slash marks so Motoko will perform it on a practice board instead. Motoko gets ready to strike.

/ I can do this/

/ If I don't my sword will be taken away, not only that everyone will be disappointed about me. /

/ And…and Onii-San is watching too. /

After a few moments of meditation and concentration, Motoko delivers the blow. She puts her whole spirit in that one blow. And in a split second she delivers the blow perfectly. The board was cut into four pieces at the same time. Everyone rejoiced when Motoko was successful. Motoko herself can't believe she did it. And rejoices as well.

" I…I did it?"

" YOSA! She passed! =^_^="

" Hehehe I never doubted her one bit."

" This is really interesting… ^_^"

Matthew said with happiness.

Motoko passed the test and gets to keep her sword. Matthew approaches Motoko and said…

" You passed, you get to keep the sword. I gotta say, you were the first one to do it under two days. Hehehehe ^_^"

" Well I told you she's a good swordswoman."

" Yeah yeah, next time I'll let you do the nine slashes. Hehehehe"

" Eh? *_*"

"Hahahaha maybe sometime, but not now."

" Motoko…"

" Yeah?'

" The move is called Mugen Yon"

" Yes."

" So what will you say if I stay here for the weekend? I'm off again to find the next sword by that time! ^_^"

" Do what you want! T_T"

" Uuuuuhhhh How can you be so cruel to your own father!"

" I can't take this!"

Matthew then swats at the floor took out a knife and prepares to commit suicide. Of course the gang tries to stop him but Rem just said.

" Let him kill himself if he wants to, sheez. T_T"

And so the Hinata gang has a weekend visitor this time and its Rem's father. The gang didn't mind just like the phrase goes…The more the merrier or the more the weirder?

-Chapter 6 End-

\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\= \=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=

That's it for this chapter, I hope it made you guys think if it's weird or not. Hehehe See you in the next chapter.

Clarifications:

Onii-San: means big brother San can be replaced by Chan but basically the same.

Hara-kiri: It's suicide that the samurai's do when they are on the verge of defeat or it's an act of saving themselves from being dishonored when they are defeated. For them it's better to die than to be dishonored.

Mugen Yon: it means unlimited four, it's the move where four slashes are delivered at the same time. These four slashes are the basic slashes in Kendo. Kote, Men, Do and Tsuki.

Thank you for reading my fic it means so much to me. If I'm not pleasing you guys when you read this fic I'll commit Hara-kiri. ^_^

Thanks

Silver Frost