Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Rose ❯ First Petal: Beginnings ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter Rose

First Petal: Beginnings

Love Hina is owned by Ken Akamatsu. All copyrights and legal papers are belonging to him ^_^.

I just recently got to know Love Hina. I read the first manga volume, watched a few episodes, and gathered as much info as I can from the net. If I make tons of mistakes about the girls and Keitaro, please forgive them and please tell me the problems in a very constructive way…

"No matter… where… I look for her… I can't find Sis…"

"Where is she…?"

"Kei-san… do you know where Sis is?"

"Has she… left me…?"

"Did she... go to heaven… like my mom?"

"Will she come back…?"

"Am I… all alone?"

"Kei-san…? Where are you going? Please, don't go… KEI-SAN!!!

Keitaro jolted up from his futon. He then squinted in the darkness of his room, looking around for traces of movement. Just a dream, he thought. But it seemed so reallike… it just happened here now…

He then closed his eyes for a brief moment and tried to remember what he saw in his dream…

A boy, about 5 years of age, roughly three years younger than he was then, crying in the darkness, looking for his sister. Now I remember…. But, what did that mean?

Grabbing his glasses and glancing at his clock, he sees that it was already 4:30 in the morning. Oh, well, maybe I'll just clean the hot springs while they're still asleep. That way, NO ONE will be there to call me 'PERVERT' and then knock me a hundred feet into the air…But gotta freshen up first. Good thing it's vacation… Toudai is the last thing I need right now…

He then went out and moved his weary form to the kitchen to pick up a glass of water… And maybe another aspirin… he thought. He was feeling very nauseous, largely due to the fact he got beaten up yesterday worse than his average, due to the fact he tried to clean up the hot springs while all his tenants were having a great time inside. After witnessing his tenants bathing half-naked, a combined force of Naru Narusegawa and Motoko Aoyama first sent him flying across the room like a volleyball before sending him flying to the other side of town. Keitaro shuddered a bit, and then grabbed a glass from the cabinet. But, as he was getting some water, he jumped in surprise as he heard high-pitched ringing.

"Hmmm… Only the phone…" Keitaro let out sigh of relief and remembered Su telling him that she was going to make the phone ringer sound "more attractive". He then dashed to the phone, prayed very hard that no one was awakened by it, and said to the receiver in a very fake cheery voice "Hinata Sou, may I help you?"

"Oh, yeah, hello, can I please speak to Mr. Keitaro Urashima?"

Keitaro was very surprised at this. "Y-y-yes… I'm Keitaro. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah, hello, Keitaro, this is Hiroaki Urashima."

Keitaro's semi-closed eyes opened wide as he heard the person on the other side of the line introduce himself. "H-H-Hiro-san!?"

"Yeah… So, how long has it been… 8 or so years?"

"Well, yeah…Wow, Hiro-san, it's been quite a long time. How's the US? And how did you get this number?"

"Well, I've seen better days, and Grandma Hina gave it to me. I need to ask you one quick question. I heard you're now the landlord of Hinata Apartments. There by any chance you have one vacant place there?"

"Well, yeah, but Hiro-san…"

"Great! Granny told me that I can stay there while I can't find myself a decent place to live in. Okay then, I'll meet you at Tokyo International Airport this Saturday, OK?"

"B-b-but… Well, Tokyo International? OK… But, still…"

"OK… gotta put the phone down now… I'll see you this Saturday"

CLICK.

Keitaro just stood there for a moment, staring into nothingness, trying to sink all that conversation down. He then started to edge towards the living room.

He was much psyched to talk to his cousin, much more get to see him again. But, he knew that his cousin was clueless about Hinata Apartments being an all-girls dorm… He could explain this to him, but it was too late to stop him from coming over.

Keitaro slumped in the couch, his migraine getting worse by the minute. Then again, where would Hiro-san go? I couldn't possibly leave him on the streets… that would be cruel… and inhuman. Then again, he though about what the girls might say about the matter… He'd go flying across the ocean and into the other side of the world when he tells them about this…

Keitaro's brain seemed to give up on him. He was still sore, he's got to lie to his cousin, and he's certain he's hearing signs of movements from the rooms above. In the end, he got up, made a conclusion, and began to move to the hot springs area to begin his cleaning routine.

Better talk to the girls first about this… I guess they won't be too thrilled about it as well as I am…

Love Hina © Ken Akamatsu