Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Rose ❯ Seventeenth Petal: Love and Swords ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter Rose

Seventeenth Petal: Love and Swords

Love Hina is owned by Ken Akamatsu. All copyrights and legal papers are belonging to him ^_^.

====================================

Seventeenth Petal: Love and Swords

/Yes... I am happy.../

Vincent saw nothing but darkness after that... like going to sleep when night comes...

==========================

/So... this is death?/ Vincent thought.

He felt like he was standing on something, but it was too dark to see what it was. He took a step forward.

He didn't fall.

He took another step. And another. Then he began to pick up the pace and walked. The, the walk became faster, and broke into a run. Vincent was running in the darkness, knowing not where he was going.

/Wh-where am I?/

/I can't see anything.../

/Is this... death?/

Vincent looked around and he saw that everything was still in the dark. He fell to his knees. He seemed to be standing on firm ground.

/Just... an endless path of nothing...?/

/Motoko.../

/I want to see... Motoko.../

"Brother, why are you crying?" he heard somone speak. The voice... it sounded so familiar, but... it was so long...

"Sis? Saemi!?" Vincent called out. "Saemi!? Is that you?"

"Of course, you baka." he heard someone reply. Then, before his eyes, a figure stepped out of the darkness. A young girl, having chin-length dark-brown hair, a pair of gray eyes, and was wearing pink shorts and a white blouse.

/This is... this was... what she was wearing when../

"Hiro-chan, you've grown a lot..." Saemi replied with a giggle. "It seems I can't really call you Chibi-san now, hai?"

"Sis..." Vincent let out a small laugh, thinking that this was sort of some crazy dream the dead would dream of. His right arm extended to reach her shoulder, and he found that he could touch it. His other arm reached for her face, and he was able to cares it. With tears in his eyes, he took his elder sister in his arms (who he thinks is forever frozen in her age when her death came), held her tight, and all the tears he have kept for so long, all those tears he wanted to shed for her but cannot flowed out of his eyes. Yes, he had found her at last, after these long years. "I missed you... so much..."

For a while, there was silence. Only Vincent's sobs were heard by the darkness. Then, Saemi began to speak. "Chibi-san, you missed me? But, I was always by your side..."

"What... what do you mean?"

"Chibi-san, do you really think a person leaves her loved one when she dies? Ikenai wa, in contrast, she watches over the person she loved most when he or she existed in the world. In my case, it's you, Chibi-san."

"Me too..." another voice declared.

Raising his head from his current place, Vincent looked in front of him to see another familiar figure. Long, black hair, crimson eyes, decked out in white pajamas printed with multi-colored flowers and was holding a bunny pillow...

"Anne?" Vincent could only speak the name. His emotions were of pure bliss, and though he tried to hold himself, tears of joy and sorrow continued to flow down from his eyes.

"It's been a while..." Anne said. She approached Vincent, dropped her pillow and sat next to him. She then gave him a kiss on the cheek and wrapped her arms around him. "You're well, I see... but, you never did tell me your real name was Hiroaki."

"Anne... Sis..." Vincent could only speak those. Words failed his happiness, finally seeing after all these years the ones he loved so much.

"We met while Anne here chose to watch over you." Saemi said. "At first, we were really sad about you..."

"Yeah... but, you know, we were happy you came to Japan." Anne said.

"And you met Motoko."

"You guys know Motoko?"

"Know!? Why, we love her!" Ane declared. "She's perfect for you in every way!"

"Yeah..." Vincent sighed. "But... I guess I'm dead now, so it's just tough luck..."

"What do you mean!?" Saemi replied. "You're still alive, Chibi-san. Please, of all things, choose LIFE over EVERYTHING. Motoko... she would be lonely without you. If you love her, then you must fight with everything to live... and to live for her."

"Your sister's right." Anne replied. "Motoko needs you ,and you need her. Don't let this pass..."

Vincent looked at the two, and nodded. "You guys are right... Motoko... she means so much to me... the way you two mean so much... I... I shall live... for her..."

"Hai! That's the spirit!" Saemi cried out.

"Yes. And always never forget to give her happiness..." Anne said.

"What about you two?"

"We'll still watch over you." Saemi replied. "And we'll punish you if you make Motoko cry!"

"It's a deal..." Vincent said. The three burst into laughter.

"Okay, lie down, Vince." Anne said. "And then close your eyes and sleep. Once you wake up, you will find yourself again in the world of the living."

"I'll miss you guys..."

"And we will miss you, too." Anne said.

"Matte da yo..." Vincent said.

"Hai... Sayonara... Chibi-san..." Saemi replied.

Vincent then lay down on the darkness and closed his eyes. After a few second, he felt two kisses on his forehead. After that, he seemed to have fallen into a deep sleep.

=========================

Vincent opened his eyes.

A wooden ceiling.

It looked like the ceiling of his room in Hinata Sou.

He sat up and took a look around. It WAS his room.

He recalled what he saw. It was two of the people he loved most.

/A dream.../

/Yes... that would be it.../

"So, you're awake..."

Vincent looked around and saw Haruka sitting by the side of his bed. She was wearing her normal clothes, but this time, a ruby red ring was shining from her right ring finger.

"Haruka? Where... How...?"

"You almost died back there in Kyoto." Haruka said, trying to keep her face from breaking. "Good thing Mitsune called the ambulance when she did."

"And Motoko, Tsuruko and Naru?" Vincent asked.

"They are all well, thanks to you." his aunt replied. "When you were brought to the hospital two days ago, you were at the verge of death. You have wounds all over you body, of which the greatest was the one across your chest. You lost too much blood. But, by some miracle, you managed to stay alive... you should thank Motoko. You share the same blood type with her, so she volunteered to donate."

Vincent looked at his left arm to see some bandages at the wrist area. "So... Motoko, where is she now?"

"Tsuruko found out everything, and she declared Motoko won." Haruka said. "She was saying that it took Motoko the greatest courage to fight and defeat demons... she and her daughter Nanami are staying with us for a while, paying Motoko a visit, but I think they're more concerned about you right now. In fact, everyone is."

"Which reminds me, where is the demon sword right now?"

"It's with Motoko." Haruka said. "By vanquishing the curse of that sword, it has become pure, I guess."

"Okay..." Vincent said. "Um... Haruka?"

"AUNT Haruka."

"Aunt Haruka..." Vincent began. "I'm a little hungry..."

Haruka laughed when she heard this. "Of course you are. Well, get up. It's almost noon, so you take a bath, we'll change the bandages on your wounds, and then we'll ask Shinobu to cook something extra special for you okay?"

"Alright..." Vincent said as he was getting up.

"And Hiro-kun..."

"Yes?"

"Thank you for living..." Haruka said, wrapping him in an embrace. And for the first time ever since he met his stoic and incredibly calm aunt once again last year, he saw her shed tears of happiness.

=========================

Motoko was practicing her swings together with her sister and niece on the deck of the dorms.

"Motoko..." Tsuruko said softly. Motoko didn't seem to hear and was working hard at her kata.

"Motoko." Tsuruko said in a louder voice. Motoko stopped her kata and looked at her. "Something is amiss with you..."

"No... nothing, really..." Motoko said, smiling at her sister.

"Please don't hide it from me." Tsuruko replied. "I know that you are being torn inside."

"Okasan, is Motoko-obasan having a problem?" Nanami asked.

"Ie, don't worry about her. How about we end this session today and you play with Shinobu, Sarah and Su?"

"Hai!" Nanami said, bowing and then dashing down to meet her friends.

"She has grown a lot..." Motoko said.

"Hai, hai..." Tsuruko replied. "So, about you... Motoko, I'm your sister. If you have any problems, please talk to me about it. I will be more than happy to listen."

"Very well..." Motoko said, and they both sat down. "Ane-ue, did you find it a big conflict when you were to choose between a sword and a loved one?"

"Nani? Why do you ask?" her sister said.

"It's because, well... it's... Hiro-san. I want to perfect my skill as a swordswoman, but... I want him to always be by my side. I haven't felt for anyone like this before, and..."

"Wakarimashita." Tsuruko said. "You've come to the right person. Well, at first, I was also lost, and I didn't know what to do. I mean, you know how they all treated me like some sort of goddess just because I had talent with a sword." Tsuruko smiled at Motoko, who then snickered at her. "But.. I listened to what my heart said. And it said that I should choose this path. And I am happy now, with him, and with Nanami."

"Your heart?"

"True." Tsuruko answered. "If there is something more important than learning the most powerful attack of the Shinmei School or any other technique is this: you should always listen to what your heart tells you. It will never steer you wrong. If you always ignore your emotions, you will never be happy. I am not in any position to make decisions, but I should tell you to always follow your true feelings. And, with your current strength and discipline, I think you are more than capable of handling both him and your sword."

It was then when Nanami ran up to them, huffing and then shouted, "Hiro-oniisan is awake!"

"Really? That's great!" Tsuruko exclaimed. "Right, Motoko?"

"Um... hai..." Motoko said. "I guess it is..."

"Don't you want to go and talk to him?"

"I... I don't know..."

"Listen, Motoko. If you do feel for him, then by all means you should follow your feelings." Tsuruko said. "It's noon already. Let's go down and eat."

"I need to meditate some more... I don't think... I am ready to face him." Motoko answered.

"Alright, but you can't just stay there forever, alright?" Tsuruko said before she and Nanami went down the stairs.

===========================

The day went on pretty quickly. Vincent had tried to talk to Motoko that lunch, but Tsuruko came down from the deck and told him to give her time. So, he just went the other way. He played tag with Shinobu, Sara, Su and Nanami, before he helped Keitaro out with sweeping the garden that afternoon, as well as cleaning the bath and the making repairs. But, no matter what he did, and how he looked for her, it seemed she was avoiding him.

Well, in any case, things were going very well at Hinata Sou. He learned during lunch that Seta had proposed to Aunt Haruka, though they were still talking about when the actual wedding will take place. Everything seems to be back to normal, which meant that Keitaro was still being blasted into the sky by Naru at least five times a day.

/Well, seems like all's well.../ Vincent thought as he proceeded to his room after taking a warm shower in the early hours of the evening. He took of the robe he was wearing and examined himself in his mirror.

The wounds seemed okay, though gash across his chest still bore him quite a scar, which thankfully has stopped bleeding. However, Haruka still told him to wrap them in bandages until it's fully healed so as to prevent infection. Knowing that it was for his own good, Vincent then picked up the medicine box and began to apply some antiseptic on his wounds. It stung a bit, though after a few minutes, he was able to get everything done.

He fell back on his bed and gazed at the ceiling. He found himself too weary to put anything on except for the boxers he was wearing right now.

/Motoko.../

/Now that everything's back to normal.../

/Perhaps.../

He thought of closing his eyes for a bit, since he was quite tired from housework and all. Soon enough, he was fast asleep.

Then, he woke up, looking at his dark ceiling. He felt a cold wind blow against his bare skin, through the bandages wrapping his chest. He then got up and decided to put a shirt on when a voice made him froze.

"You're awake..."

Vincent looked around, and when he did, he saw Motoko's eyes gazing at him from the darkness. She was wearing a pure white bathrobe, and judging from her appearance, she seemed to have come out from a bath.

"Motoko-chan? Since when did you...?" Vincent stammered, but was silenced when Motoko moved closer to him by his bed.

"Hiro-chan... I'm sorry for the way I was acting..." Motoko said, her face looking a bit down. "I... I..."

"Shhhh..." Vincent calmed her down, pressing a finger against her lips. He then began to speak in a very soft voice. "You don't have to apologize for anything. Besides, what's important to me is that we're both here... right?"

"I.. I guess so..."

Vincent sighed and began to caress her cheek. "Everything' alright now, right? You won, and that means you're the heir to the Shinmei School, right?"

"Hai..."

"Which means you should be happy. Your dream is to become a great swordswoman, right?"

"Hai..."

"Then I'm happy for you..."

"But... I already told ane-ue what I want.."

"What do you mean?" Vincent asked her.

"I... I want to be the best swordswoman in my clan..." Motoko began, looking away from him. "But... I told ane-ue... to let me stay here... in Hinata Sou, with you... because... I don't want my efforts to be futile."

"Futile?" Vincent said, a bit puzzled.

"Hiro-chan... there was a time... when Tsuruko was telling me that my kendo was worthless and will continue to be worthless until I find... my strength."

"Your strength?"

"Hai... now I understand what she is talking about... a person's strength lies in his or her most loved one..." Motoko moved herself closer to him, wrapping her hands around his neck and resting her head on his shoulder. "You... you are that strength. Even if I know all the secret techniques of the Shinmei Style, it would have no meaning... because... you're not by my side..."

It made a lot of sense, at least to him. He slid his right hand around her waist, while his left hand stoke his hair, and his head resting above hers. "So... you mean to say... you're not leaving?"

"Hai..." Motoko looked up and nodded. "I'm not leaving."

"I'm glad..." Vincent said, smiling. Motoko then rested her head again on the curve of his neck, her hand pressed up against his chest.

"Does it... hurt still?" Motoko asked, referring to his wound.

"No... not anymore." he answered, a distant look on his face. "Everything's alright..."

"You sure?"

"Yes..." Vincent then began to kiss her cheek, and then moved down to kiss her neck. Though take a bit by surprise, Motoko then leaned her head to one side, allowing him to get more room. She then closed her eyes as she felt his lips brushing against her neck, and then held her close as he did.

Vincent found how much she liked it and continued to kissed her in the softest manner possible. Her robe a bit loosely tied, and part of her shoulders were exposed. He brushed his lips down to the base of her neck, and then to her shoulders, his arms caressing them as he graced her with his passionate kisses. Everything seemed to have vanished. All he could think of what Motoko, and how to make her happy...

"Aishiteru..." Motoko said, breathless.

"Aisthiteru..." Vincent replied in the same manner. As he did, he lifted his head in level with hers, and then tilted it a bit as he leaned forward and kissed her lips.

It was wonderful for her... she had yearned for this for some time now... she closed her eyes, and crept her arms hup his chest before she finally allowed them to rest wrapped around her neck.

It was then when an idea came to Vincent's mind. He then opened his lips slightly, and then brought out his tongue. He then began to part her lips with it.

Motoko was taken aback by this gesture. Normally, she would have killed anyone who would try to do something as such to her... but him... it was like... she was yearning for this. Closing her eyes once more, she allowed him to part her lips, and then brought out her tongue to meet his.

It was like that dance... it seemed that it came natural to both of them. Vincent kept on teasing her by flicking the tips of his tongue against hers, which made her suddenly break into a fit of giggles. After a while, Motoko hesitantly broke from the kiss, and then rested her head on his chest.

"You're the best, Hiro-chan..."

"Only because you loved me..." Vincent replied, wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm so tired..." Motoko whispered. "I have training my kendo ever since morning and all that..."

"I understand..." Vincent said. Vincent then carefully lay backward, making it so that her head rested against his neck. "Is this... okay?"

"Yes... this is... much better..." Motoko whispered, nuzzling his chest. "Thank you... Hiro-chan..."

"Ah, well, no need for thanks... hey, I think you should get some rest... your skin color's getting paler, and that's saying something."

Motoko's finger traced small circles on his chest as she giggled. "Of course... But... can I sleep here... with you?"

"You sure about that? You know how those guys think..."

Motoko laughed again and said. "Don't worry. I'll handle them..."

"Well, if you want it that much... then..." Vincent leaned on to the side where she was and then caressed her cheek, letting his hand move from it to neck, and to her shoulder, "... yes... you can rest here..."

Motoko smiled at him one last time, before she inched again closer to him, letting her head rest on his upper chest and then said softly, "O-yasumi-nasai, Hiro-chan..."

Vincent then wrapped his arms around her as he greeted her in the same way. Soon, he found her sound asleep, her face radiating pure bliss. Seeing this as the last image on his mind before closing his eyes, he then drifted off also.

===========================

Meanwhile, outside the room, many heads have pulled themselves out of the slit they were peeking from. Naru, Keitaro, Mitsune, Tsuruko and even Shinobu had been spying on the couple.

"Awww... they're so cute when they're asleep..." Naru said.

"Which reminds me, Naru. How come you and Landlord person don't do that?" Kitsune teased her, earning giggles from all around, which made her friend, the black-haired four-eyed landlord and Shinobu blush furiously.

"Um..." Keitaro said, blushing even more. "It's a bit late at night, and I need to wake up early tomorrow to clean... so... see you girls tomorrow?"

"Of course, Urashima-sempai!" Shinobu exclaimed as Keitaro waved and continued on downstairs to the landlord's room.

===========================

"Well, we'd best be going..." Tsuruko said that morning as she and her daughter Nanami were saying their goodbyes to the residents of Hinata Sou. "Domo Arigatoo for your kind reception."

"It's nothing." Keitaro declared. "You're Motoko-chan's sister, and you helped us a lot, right?"

"Are you really going, oneesan?" Motoko asked. Vincent's arms were still wrapped around her as she did.

"The Shinmei School's sensei musn't leave the dojo unattended for too long... besides, Nanami's father is returning tomorrow morning. I must make preparations."

"Well, I guess I'll call you when you get to Kyoto?"

"Hai..." Tsuruko nodded.

"Hiro-oniisan, we'll play again very soon, right?" Nanami asked.

"Yes... very soon." Vincent nodded. "I'm planning on going to Kyoto sometime, only this time it's for a leisurely visit... okay?"

"Yay!!!" Nanami ran around in circles, looking extremely delighted.

"Well, we'd best be going... See you soon, Motoko, and you Hiroaki. You take care of each other.

"Hai... and I'll make sure to make her the happiest woman in the world..." Vincent nodded as Tsuruko and Nanami left.

===========================

Author's Notes:

Sorry for the SUPER long wait. Real life has caught up with me... and I needed time to shake it off... and it's really hard if it has a really big artist's block with it...

Lemme see, correct me if I'm wrong... `Ikenai wa' is an expression of `no', I think, or `absolutely not'. `Matte da yo', I think means `wait for me'. If either of them is wrong, please include in your review so I can correct them. Please forgive the scene above me... if inappropriate for PG-13, please tell me..

Okay, that's all. Thank you everyone for being there to support me. I presently have no idea for my Final Fantasy fanfic, but I will finish it. I'm going to start a Fire Emblem one too, that be a shorter fic this time. In any case, thank you for reading.

That is all. Review if you see fit.

=========================

Love Hina © Ken Akamatsu