Loveless Fan Fiction ❯ Parting Cloud's ❯ Parting Clouds chp 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
don’t own Loveless so all the lawyers must now leave! Pleases Leave a Review! I’ll love you forever if you do!
Paring: Kio and Soubi
Rate: MA
This is almost like a crossover between loveless and Resident Evil, which I don’t own.
Summery: Kio and Soubi have been together for a couple of years now. Everything was perfect. Kio had warmed up to Soubi wanting to be with him. Now it might be lost when someone from the past shows up.

Parting Clouds

Chapter 2: Kio’s pov
I’ve got to get it together! What was that making him worry over me! It was probably just a mistake. It had to be, I know for a fact that it was lost. It had to be, it just had to be. If it wasn’t I hate to think about what might happen again. It was a catastrophe the first time and we had been as prepared as we could be then. We were able to control it then. I remember it like it was yesterday….

---Flashback---
Everything was going ok with my school project and we were about to be done a day early. I was about to put the finishing touch on the flower when my cell went off.
I looked to see who it was. The caller id just said ‘him`. Why would he call me? He knows that’s dangerous. We are never to talk outside the lab. I pick up the phone and answered.

“Hello” I said a little nervous. What if someone was around listening in? What would they do with any info they might here. Well it was a short lived fear all the person on the other line said was get to the lab and fast. Then they hung up. What was going on? Why do they need me? I had done my part all I had left to do was wait for us to move out into the open.

Well what could I do I had to go there and see what happened. So I went, telling Soubi I would meet him later. I grabbed all my things and mixtures and left for the lab. I was really good with working with poisons and mixing them together to get something far more deadly and dangerous, yet that’s not why I got the name poison in the lab. I could make mixtures from poisons that would help save life’s and make a whole new bred of animals and people.

About 8 months ago we got information that there was an elixir found in Africa that saved the dieing for about 3-4 weeks before they died anyway. Our thought had been that if I could find out why they died I might be able to reverse its effects and we could live even when we were suppose to die. It was a success to. I found the problem and reversed it. My part was done so why were they calling me. I said even though we found the elixir to life I didn’t want it. They thought I was crazy but I figure dieing cant be any worse then living so what the hell.
The lab is deep into the woods surrounding our country. Nobody who doesn’t work for the lab owner goes into the woods. Everyone believes that there haunted with killer ghost. I rode up to a fenced in lab area. When I got there people were closing the 40 foot gate and locking other people in. Ok you know how it feels when you missed the punch line of the evening, well that’s how I felt right then.

“What’s going on here?” I asked the first person I could get to calm down ant talk normally.
“It was the elixir. It broke while being carried over from lab a41 to F2. I don’t know all the details but when it makes human contact you brake out with hives and then they brake and some sort of yellow puss comes out and it acts like acid. It burns your skin off. We tried to help them at first but how do you save someone from themselves? So we tried to seal off the whole lab but it was too late. Over 350 were infected! Now there sealing off the lavatory with everyone infected inside!” He said in an almost desperate voice.
“Why would you do that? The people are dead right? So what’s the matter? How could so many be infected?” I asked in a rush. I was turned around by my boss. He was literally called Boss Man. “I’ll answer the rest of his questions you may leave.” He told the other person. He then took me and loaded my bike into a huge van.

“I don’t understand, how could so many thing be going on?! I tested the elixir substances in the lab myself. None of them were lethal. How could this have happened?” I asked in a rush. I was about to go on asking questions when he put up a hand to quite me down.
“It was a lie. The two delivers had been walking along the river cost to get in unnoticed when it fell into the river. The entire contents were lost. Apparently there boss had told them some stories about what happened to people who mess up and they got scared. They asked a friend to get some contents, any contents so they wouldn’t get into trouble. Well he did he gave them the bottle we were given. We thought it was the elixir from Africa so we tested those samples. We never tested what was actually in the bottle, just what we believed was in the bottle. Well they were the same substances and this was the result.” He said all this as we drove to a nearby office.

“Well lets talk to the delivers friends, friend and find out what was in there so I can try to fix it.” I said, after all this was part my fault for not paying closer attention. He shook his head. “We’ve tried that, the mans friend is dead and left no notes or plates or samples. Nothing to find out what the content of bottles were.” He said. I felt really little now. I just killed 350 people. “I still don’t understand why we cant go into the lavatory and try to find some samples of these contents.” I said. “You see they didn’t just die. The puss burned there skin but they continue to live. Well they walk at least. They just walk They don’t eat or drink or even try to harm you. Yet if your touched by one you start to have symptoms within the hour.” He said with a heavy sigh.

“So what your saying is that all these people live to do is infect other people?” I asked in disbelief. He shook his head yes. I wanted to cry for each and every one of them. What a sad and lonely existence they have. Just to walk around trying to infect others. Not to have any real family or life. I would rather be dead. At least I have that choice, what choice did they have? None all they got was pain and loneliness.

“What are we going to do? As sad as this may seem, is there anyway to kill them? To end their misery?” I asked sadly.
“Not without getting infected. The one in charge had people come in weird body suits to take the lifeless people and burn them. The ones who were trying to bring them in a van to take them into an huge furnace so they wouldn’t have to live this sorry excuse of an existence, caught what we now call the elixir of death. Then people had to come and make sure that they all got back inside the lavatory so they wouldn’t infect the rest of the world and they caught it to.” He said with a set jaw.

“How may of them are there?!” I demanded of him horrified at all the people who must have had to volunteer to do all this and end up killing their self’s. He shrugged his shoulder. “I don’t really know. Maybe into the thousands. The best we could come up with was lock them inside the lavatory and never let anyone near the lavatory so they wont get infected and then go on to infect others.” He said quietly, sadly. Tomorrow thousands of peoples families would call the police and ask for help in finding there family. How many fathers, mothers, brothers, sister, children, aunts, uncles, and cousins would be missing?

“What was I called for?” I asked suddenly. I had no reason to be here I couldn’t help anyone. “We called everyone. We all have to go to our designated places for 2 days to make sure were not infected. We never meant for this to happen but it did and now we have to do everything to stop it.” He said coldly.

For two days I sat there and waited hearing the screams of others who were infected. When we first started working at the lavatory you were given a cabin number so you were separated from others in case something like this ever happened. So I sat and waited and prayed and hoped. It was hell. When they opened the door and said I was free to go but had to come back in a week to make sure everything was fine, wanted to throw up. How could they say that word when so many were worse then dead. Were worse then prisoners.

I asked about my team. They said only about 10-15 had survived. I couldn’t believe it. How were they infected? I saw boss man walk out with some others and went over to him. “How were they infected?” I asked. He looked at me coldly and said if I had given a damn I would have been there trying to help them. How could he say that to me? I hadn’t even know about the outbreak. He just sighed and said we would meat at a café so we could decide where to continue to work. I thought I heard wrong. He still wanted to work even after all this?

----end flashback---
I worked for them for a while. I hadn’t wanted to but jack a.k.a boss man said I owed it to my team to keep working. I hated it and keep telling them I was going to quit. They never believed me. After a while I was getting sick of it and decided to stop. I went to the abandoned apartment that we had decided to use to call it off. That was when it happened. He had beat me and then raped me before Soubi showed up.

I don’t really know what happened that night. I just knew I had to end all the work I was doing. I had never told Soubi what it was that I had did. I didn’t want him to think of me like Jack did. I still cant sleep at night without waking up from a nightmare.

It cant happen again it just cant. I wont allow it to happen. I don’t even know what was in the mixture so I don’t know why they would even call me. I wouldn’t even help them if I did know what it was. I sighed and get up to take a shower. It was already 1:30. Soubi would be home by 4:30 today.

I take a shower but I don’t feel like staying home to day so I decide to go out and check on the rings I ordered a few weeks back. There like any other wedding band except for the fact that they have blue and purple rubies melted into the band itself. I had to get them custom made. It cast me a fortune but who better to spend money on then Soubi?

I walked into the store and they waved me over with a smile. I had been coming in every day to make sure they get done on time so by now they knew who I was and why I was here. “ Kio they’ll be finished by Wednesday afternoon. Right now were setting they blue rubies. Do you want to see?” Sheila asked me. I said no thanks and left assuring them I’d see them tomorrow. I wanted to see them but I still had something to pick up from the store and then I had to get home and start making dinner for Soubi.

Everything was ready when Soubi entered the door at 4:30. I took his jacket and handed him a glass a wine. He smiled took the glass and kisses me before I left the room to put away his jacket. Everything was going great. I had made a pasta for dinner, with a seasoned bread and a glass of red wine. We were sitting there just talking, but alas nothing good ever lasts. The door bell rang we both stood at the same moment and smiled. I laughed and pulled him to me. We both went to answer the door. Now I wish we hadn‘t.
I wish we would have ignored it and keep eating.

When we got there I opened the door. On the porch was a man we both knew. Yet we both knew him differently. Soubi knew him from the night I was beaten and raped, where as I knew him from the lavatory. Soubi went to sep in front of me, but I just held him to my side. He looked up at us and said one sentence that turned my life into a nightmare again. He said

“Jack’s been infected.”

------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------
Want to know what Soubi will think about everything? Want to know what happened to jack? Want to know how it all ends? Well if you do please review! I’ll give you cookies if you do. All you have to do is click the purple button, come on I know you can do it.