Macross Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Robotech vs Transformers ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robotech Transformers: Revenge Road
Part Five

“She did what?” Optimus Prime actually looked surprised as the red and silver truck based Autobot met Jetfire’s eyes.

Jetfire nodded, the massive red and white jet Autobot standing at attention as he gave his report, “The human Randal engaged Megatron in single combat.”

“I mourn the humans’ loss,” Optimus sighed after a moment.

“That’s the surprising thing,” Jetfire noted, “she survived. Even managed to bang him up as bit before he clipped her.”

Optimus smiled slightly, “He must have been furious.”

“Couldn’t happen to a nicer Decepti-crumb,” Iron Hide agreed from where the red painted autobot leaned up against the wall. He moved off as he drawled, “If she was a Autobot, we’d have given her a medal.”

“So how did the younger Autobots fare?” Optimus asked.

“Springer, Hotrod and Arcee did well,” Jetfire calmly reported, “and they work quite well as a team, too.”

“Good,” Optimus said as he moved over to a access port in Autobot City, or what Spike still insisted on calling a window. “They’ll be working together,” he said, “at least when Arcee’s other duties allow.”

“And Arcee has agreed to this?” Jetfire asked him cautiously. He didn’t want to seem to criticize, but on the other hand he also felt he had a responsibility to speak up for a younger officer if needed.

“Hmm,” Optimus nodded. He paused, “Is Kup around?”

“That old war horse?” Jetfire smiled wryly as he said, “Yes, he’s taken to keeping an eye on the new comers.”

“Have him find Arcee for me,” Optimus said briskly, “I think it’s time for her to start her new assignment.”

0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Meanwhile, aboard the carrier Fortress One the sickbay was filled with noise and discussion as the pilots gathered around the bed, chattering madly. “Ahem,” Lisa Hayes cleared her throat, startling the band of pilots.

“Sorry, ma’am,” Rick Hunter nodded to her respectfully as he lead his comrades in a hasty retreat.

“I thought you were getting some bed rest,” Lisa said as the brown haired officer strode over to the bedside.

Izzy Randal smiled charmingly, “I’m in bed, resting.”

Lisa rolled her eyes, “I doubt your doctor would approve of you entertaining your pilot buddies while recovering.”

“Doctors are such tight asses,” Izzy grumbled, shifting a bit in her bed.

Lisa smiled slightly as she pulled over a chair, looking at Izzy thoughtfully. “Your color seems better,” she noted.

“I’m fine,” Izzy sighed, “can I please get out of this bed soon?”

“Pilots,” Lisa rolled her eyes, “it’s only been a day since Megatron shot you down, you know. And you had a severe concussion too.”

“Maybe,” Izzy pouted.

‘She’s so cute when she does that,’ Lisa thought with some amusement. “Have you heard the latest news?” she asked.

“The gossips,” Izzy referred to her fellow pilots wryly, “were having a lot of fun hinting at something, but they wouldn’t say exactly what.”

“You remember I asked you if you wanted to be a liaison with the Autobots?” Lisa asked.

Izzy looked wary, “Yeah?”

“The Autobots have decided to assign one of their own to be a liaison with us, instead,” Lisa smiled slightly.

“Huh,” Izzy looked faintly relieved, possibly because she had wondered if command was going to try to compel her to work with the Autobots. “So what will this liaison do?” she asked.

“Help coordinate mutual offences, provide us with intelligence and generally offer any needed assistance,” Lisa said. “Frankly, I think Optimus Prime and command got together on this in some kind of public show of unity.”

“Wouldn’t surprise me,” Izzy admitted. She stretched, mincing a bit as she moved, “So who’s the Autobot we’ll have to deal with?”

Lisa looked away, a blush coloring her cheeks as Izzy’s gesture thrust out her firm breasts, the shirt she was wearing riding up to expose her toned belly. ‘Damn she looks good,’ she thought weakly. “Actually you’ve met,” Lisa said, “the Autobot is Arcee.”

“Huh,” Izzy blinked, thinking of the pink skinned Autobot she had encountered twice now. “Well,” she murmured, “maybe command has actually had a half decent idea.”

“From you that’s high praise,” Lisa smiled.

There was a moment’s pause as Izzy’s expression hardened. “How badly did the Decepticons hurt us?” she asked in a flat, dangerous tone.

‘The tone she used to use with all transformers,’ Lisa noted, ‘but lately mostly with just the Decepticons. Wonder if she’s noticed?’ Aloud she said, “We lost Fortress Four out in the Baltic Sea.”

“Crap,” Izzy cursed softly, “how many got out?”

“It went down with all hands,” Lisa revealed reluctantly, “a new arrival from Cybertron named Shockwave lead the assault.”

“Damn it,” Izzy growled, clenching her hand around her bed sheets. She closed her eyes, then opened them as she said grimly, “We need to be doing better than this.”

“You’re doing all you can,” Lisa said softly.

“No, WE need to,” Izzy turned in the bed to meet Lisa’s eyes, her own flashing with passionate intensity. “I barely scratched Megatron, and our fighters can only stop a Decepticon in packs... we’ve got to change that,” she insisted.

‘God, she’s beautiful when she’s angry,’ Lisa blinked. Clearing her throat she said, “I’m sure Dr. Lang and his team are doing everything they can.”

Her momentary burst of energy tiring her Izzy lay back, “Well, they’d better develop something soon.” A dangerous smile, “I want another shot at Megatron.”

“You’ll get it too,” Lisa agreed, “I’m sure of it.”

To be continued....