Macross Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Robotech vs Transformers ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robotech vs Transformers: Revenge Road
Part Ten

“Come on, Arcee!” Hot Rod yelled as the red sports car raced along the seaside highway, the golden flames on his hood shining in the sunlight, “Try to keep up!” The water shimmered blue off in the distance, the crashing of waves against the rocky shore nearly drowning out their shouted words.

“Try to take things a bit more seriously,” Arcee responded dryly, the pink car’s sleek shape cutting through the wind by his side. The trees on the side of the road flashed by as they drove, almost resembling a oversized fence.

“You’re sounding like Kup,” Hot Rod sighed, referring to the older Autobot who served as a mentor to them both. He was a good man, and patient too, but a combination of age and responsibility made him a bit of a nag in Hot Rod’s opinion.

“Sorry,” Arcee gentled her tone as she mused, “I think it’s from handing around the humans as much as I have.”

“Oh?” Hot Rod asked her curiously, the two of them screeching into a turn.

“They’re so... fragile, yet they’re fighting beside us against the Decepticons,” Arcee said simply, “I wonder if I could be so brave, in their shoes.”

Hot Rod admitted, “I hadn’t really thought about it.”

Just then they heard the crack of a sonic boom and both Autobots tensed as they saw a figure shadowing them far above. “A Decepticon?!” Arcee blurted out before ordering, “Hot Rod, get ready to evade!”

“I’ll hold them off,” Hot Rod added seriously as he slowed to let Arcee get ahead of him, “you’ve got to get to the rendevous site!”

“Wait a moment,” Arcee felt herself relax as she saw the colors and insignia of the fighter jet, “I think it’s a friend.”

The green trimmed jet soared down towards them then shifted, transforming to the unique half plane/robot that the humans used. “Sorry I startled you,” Izzy Randal’s voice said over the public address system, “you two all right?”

“Give us a bit of a warning next time,” Hot Rod sounded more amused than offended as he added, “I nearly shot you.”

“Not a good plan,” Izzy answered him flatly, “I shoot back.”

Neither Arcee or Hot Rod were entirely sure that was meant as a joke, and Arcee decided not to ask. She really wasn’t sure she wanted to know. “So, are we heading out to the Fortress?” she asked curiously.

“Yeah,” Izzy agreed with a slight smile, “our command wants to try to generate a coordinated plan of assault on the Decepticons... at least, when we figure out where they’re based on Earth anyway.”

Hot Rod made a annoyed sound, “How do they keep disappearing on us? We know they must be here somewhere!”

“Sadly they’re nearly invisible to conventional radar,” Arcee noted, “and even your new scanners aren’t wholly effective, right Izzy?”

Izzy sounded almost as annoyed as Hot Rod, “Within a certain range it’s fine, but much beyond that they disappear.”

AS they talked a shape moved closer out on the water, a massive ship that smoothly came up alongside the coastline as it cruised along. The Fortress aircraft carrier was a massively armored base of operations for Earth’s military, launching the variable geometry fighters that were now humanity’s best hope to defeat the Decepticons.

Arcee accellerated as she told Hot Rod, “All right, I’ll meet you back at base in five standard Earth hours.”

“Good luck,” Hot Rod said then slowed down, watching as Arcee headed for the turn up ahead. Instead of slowing she went even faster, hurtling odd the edge of the cliff and curved out, over the water. With a thump she hit the deck of the Fortress, the same nets that stopped fighters deploying to stop her from flying over the side.

“Good catch,” Arcee complimented them as the flight crews swiftly worked to untangle her from the netting.

“All part of the service, ma’am,” one flight crew member said to her cheerfully as Izzy smoothly descended to the deck in guardian mode, leg thrusters blazing, then shifted back to jet as she landed with a soft thump.

Arcee shifted to her robot mode once she was free from the nets, the feminine looking Autobot watching as Izzy’s fighter descended on a elevator built into the deck. She stepped on a similarly marked one and dropped below decks, too, emerging into the cavern like interior of the massive Fortress carrier.

Inside the carrier bustled with activity, crews preparing fighters for launch, others hauling flats of missiles or ammunition while pilots readied themselves for battle. Over to one side of the massive chamber a improvised meeting area had been set up, taking advantage of the high ceiling of the hanger to include Arcee.

“Welcome aboard,” Lisa Hayes nodded respectfully to Arcee even as he kept half an eye on Izzy climbing out of her plane.

“Glad to be here,” Arcee said respectfully.

Izzy strode towards them as she took off her helmet, running a hand through her short green hair. “I hope the Autobots have some new intelligence,” Izzy noted wryly as she sat with several officers around the briefing table, “I’m getting damn tired of chasing down false Decepticon sightings.”

The biggest problem humanity was faced with in their war with the Decepticons was finding them. They seemed to be able to strike quickly then vanish, and something about their unique technology made them difficult to track. Normal radar failed to lock on them, as did sonar and other methods of detection.

“I don’t know how much help this will be,” Arcee said as she passed a disk to Lisa, “but we’ve compiled all the attack data on decepticon attacks in the last year.”

“We’ll add this to our data,” Lisa said thoughtfully as she activated a holographic display charting Decepticon activity, “see what comes up.”

Izzy’s lips thinned out as she pressed them together hard, her eyes narrowing as they saw the red marks appearing all over the map marking Decepticon activity. “They’re as busy as ever,” she growled, “even after killing several of their fighters....”

Arcee nodded glumly, “Despite their losses the Decepticons still have a powerful reserve of fighters on Cybertron.”

“I notice,” Lisa changed the subject, “that while they hit all over the country, their attacks are mostly on the west coast....”

“Which makes sense, considering the natural resources there,” Izzy nodded curtly, not looking at the symbol that covered the military base where her lover Helena Chase died.

“There might be another reason too,” Arcee frowned, “expand the map, please.”

The image pulled out from North America to a global map, red marks dotting it all over. “They’ve hit Russia a lot too,” Izzy added, “guess for their oil reserves.”

“And Asia,” Lisa said in a odd tone of voice, taking the control to the hologram and shifting the view.

“What?” Roy Fokker asked, the blonde pilot realizing that Lisa was acting like she had seen something.

“Look at the concentration of attacks on the shores of the Pacific ocean,” Lisa pointed to the red dots nearly surrounding the body of water.

Izzy sat up, her eyes widening as she said, “It can’t be that simple.”

“What?” Arcee asked, looking down at them with a frown.

Lisa pointed towards the center of the ocean, “What if they’re basing themselves somewhere out there under water?”

Roy began to curse softly, “It certainly explains why we can’t find their base on land. And if it is underwater, they’d only be visible coming and going.”

Arcee nodded grimly, “And the Decepticons know Autobots don’t function very well underwater, either.”

“Can we mobilize the nearest Fortress?” Izzy asked then frowned, “Or maybe something more covert to check it out?”

“I think we’re going to have to,” Lisa agreed as they set to work looking for more clues in the data.

To be continued....