Macross Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Macross Chronicles ❯ The Macross Chronicles ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Macross Chronicles

Yet another fic idea by the insane Robster80


Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of the characters used in this story.


***From the journals of Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots***


This is my first entry, so I will try to explain as best as I can. However, there is little time, as we are unsure when we will be attacked next. It is with many thanks to Captain Gloval and Dr. Lang for creating this recorder for my journalistic reports.

I am Optimus Prime, current leader of the Autobots and guardian of the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. My fellow Autobots and myself come from the planet Cybertron, as do our mortal enemies, the Decepticons. Our home planet was once a place of peace and prosperity, as was the Earth for the last ten years. However, a brutal series of civil wars began and Cybertron started to become a dead planet.

It began millions of years ago when the Decepticons, hungry for power, attacked the peaceful Autobots for control of Cybertron and the primal resource of all Transformers: energon. At first, the Decepticons seemed unstoppable. We Autobots were, as mentioned before, a peaceful race. Fighting wasn't in our nature. However, we soon learned the terrible art of war, and began to fight back against the Decepticons.

It was during the third Great War that I became involved in the fight. Back then, I was a young, foolish cargo loader named Orion Pax. It shames me to admit that I looked up to Megatron, then new and now current leader of the Decepticons. He left my best friend, my girlfriend, and myself for dead when he and his soldiers raided my workstation. However, we had been rescued by fellow Autobots and taken to Alpha Trion, who recreated me into Optimus Prime and passed the Matrix unto me.

Since that day, I have led my people against Megatron. However, energon became scarce for both sides of the war. Taking most of my friends and comrades with me, I left Cybertron aboard the Ark, our giant vessel, to find a world with sufficient energon to help us free our home.

Unfortunately, Megatron would not allow this. He followed us in his ship the Nemesis, and boarded the Ark to finish the war once and forever. It was during the fight that the Ark crash-landed upon a newly born planet we would later know as the Earth. Buried under a volcano, we all laid dormant for over 84 million years.

While we slept, the volcano the Ark was buried under, and the land surrounding it, broke off to form a small island that would be known as Macross Island. According to the humans' history, it was in the year 1999 AD that a mysterious unidentified spacecraft crashed into the Island, and thereby ending the Global War that plagued the world. The countries of the world united under one banner: The United Earth Government, because they discovered that the spacecraft had been made by aliens of tremendous size, perhaps similar in height to use. The UEG realized they had to prepare themselves for a possible confrontation with the creators of what they had rebuilt as the SDF-1.

Ten years passed, and on the launch day of the SDF-1 and the brand new Robotech fleet, two events that forever changed the history of Earth. The first was when the Island's volcano, dormant for many years, became active again. This caused Teletran-1, the Ark's super computer, to reactive itself. Sending a satellite to explore our surroundings, it scanned several machines and used the scans to revive all of us onboard and give us different forms to transform into: both Autobot and Decepticon alike. Megatron and his warriors were the first to awake, and began an attack on the nearby Macross City. When we awoke to discover this horror, we set out to stop the Decepticons and protect the inhabitants of Earth. By the time we had arrived, the Robotech Defense Force's main weapons, the Veritechs, engaged the Decepticons. These machines were strangely similar to us Transformers, only the Veritechs transformed into what the humans called jet fighters. After several brief misunderstandings, we joined forces to drive back Megatron's warriors.

The second event occurred during our battle in the city: A small fleet of Zentraedi ships, led by Commander Beetai, appeared in Earth's orbit. A failsafe program in the SDF-1's computers, activated when the Zentraedi appeared, fired the main weapon of the Super Dimensional Fortress and destroyed one of the ships. Because of this, Breetai ordered an invasion of the Island while planning to retake the SDF-1. Between the invading Zentraedi battle pods and the ravaging Decepticons, we Autobots and the RDF seemed overwhelmed. It was fortunate that the battle pods could not differentiate between Autobot and Decepticon, which gave us a small edge in the battle.

In the end, however, we were forced back to the SDF-1 to regroup, as well as make formal introductions. But the Zentraedi still wanted the fortress back. In a rash decision, Captain Gloval ordered what he called a spacefold maneuver just above Macross Island, hoping to escape the enemy. The plan succeeded, but with shocking results. The SDF-1 was to "jump" to the moon's orbit to join up with other ships, but instead found itself near the orbit of Pluto, along with all of Macross Island, some of the ocean surrounding it, the Ark, the people of Macross City, and two aircraft carriers that were nearby when the fold occurred. The worst news was that the fold system inside the ship had vanished completely, and thereby stranding us out in space. It would be a long journey back to the Earth.

With the Zentraedi looming nearby, and the fate of the Decepticons unknown, we Autobots formed an alliance with the crew and inhabitants of the SDF-1. After transferring Teletran-1 and all vital equipment from the Ark, and attaching the two carriers, the SDF-1 set course back for Earth. To help in the fight, we allowed the ship's scientists and engineers to transform us into custom Veritechs and Destroids. I was among the first to undergo this metamorphosis.

Shortly after we began our journey, I befriended a young human named Rick Hunter, who later became my pilot/partner after joining the service. He was already a skilled pilot from his father's air circus, and was also a protégé of a veteran pilot named Roy Fokker.

Months passed before we realized that Megatron had struck a deal with the Zentraedi. The Decepticons had joined forces with them, and were fighting our war once again with the SDF-1 and all aboard caught in the middle. It is a nightmare I wish no one had dreamed of.

Somehow, someway, we must fight on. We must return to Earth. I gave my word that we would stand by the humans until the Zentraedi were defeated for good, and I will stand by that, or die trying.

And perhaps someday, with help from our new friends, we will return to Cybertron. But on that day, I hope the wars will finally be over...


The end?

You decide!


I actually started a Transformers/Robotech x-over years ago, but never went past the second chapter. This I just a pilot fic, like "My Weird Life" was. Let me know what you think. Read and review, please.