Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Lurker of the Universe! ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I STILL don't own any of the characters in any anime. Adyen is a name that I use, so there!

Lurkers of the Universe!

A Fanfic by Adyen (nomadc@home.com)

Chapter 1

Thoughts are in italics while speech is in normal fonts. Spoke thoughts between people is in " ".

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

The Gates of Time is a lonely place. Nothing but the foggy mist and the large Gate that separate one time from another. No life grew on the floor, and no animals walked across the land.

All save for Sailor Pluto, the Guardian of Time, as named by the First Serenity that discovered the Gates.

Of course, there were only One Time Gate, so no matter what time period a person came from, they will only see the same Gate, therefore one Pluto can guard the Gate for a very long time, even if Time is objective there.

So that's why the glowing figure was quite surprised when he found himself propelled into the Gate, which was left unguarded, and into a dark whirlpool.

Moments after the Gates closed, Pluto quickly went into her position to greet Small Lady, trying to calm herself as she knew it was the first time her 'friend' will see her, never knowing that someone has passed through the Gates without her permission.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Five years old Tsukino Usagi skipped happily in front of the TV and turned it on. It had been a month after her new baby brother, Tsukino Shingo, was born and she had been there for him every step of the way.

In fact, her parents had been so proud that she was such a good sister; they let her stay up so that she did not have to take a naptime today. Ikuko and Kenji had went out to help a neighbor move in, meaning Usagi was alone for the moment. So here Usagi was, watching a TV show featuring a magic girl show called Lovely Angel.

The show, she watched, revolves around a perfect little girl called Kimiko. Usagi didn't find out her last name in the episode, but she wasn't paying that much attention to names anyways. Instead, she watched as Kimiko turned into this princess/magic girl heroine and save the day, only to be found out by the evil people because how perfect she always is.

As she watched the end of the episode, where Kimiko's little brother was being held hostage by the evil men, Usagi vowed that she will protect Shingo like Kimiko, but she will not BE like Kimiko and only become the magic girl heroine when Shingo is in danger! Not only that, but she will make mistakes in order not let the bad guys know she is the one protecting her little brother!

Even as she thought those ideas, a spark of brightness phased through wall, and by the time she finish declaring her wish to protect her brother, the light had landed on the little girl's head. Slowly, it descended into her body, and the light flickered out.

"Little girl…" a voice called out. "Do you really wish to protect your brother that much?"

"YES!" Little Usagi yelled out before noticing that there was nobody around. "Where…"

"Little girl… I'm talking to you in your mind." The voice answered before Usagi can ask the question.

Usagi's eyes opened wide in shock and curiosity as she went to the bathroom and climbed up a small ladder set there for her. She looked into the mirror and into her blue eyes and thought, "Can you hear me?"

"Yes I can, and I ask you again, do you want the strength to protect your brother like you want to?" The voice asked.

Usagi's wide eyes grew even wider as she thought of this chance she was given. True that she was only a five years old, but she was already quite smart to know that she was given a chance of a lifetime. Little did she know that in nine years, she already has a date with destiny.

"Yes." Usagi said out loud, with all the confidence she could muster up.

"Then allow me to join with you. I cannot promise you instant and unlimited power, but when you need the power, you will have earned it."

Confused, Usagi asked, "How?"

"I will train you. I will teach you what you need to learn in order to protect your friends and family. One day, you will be protecting the world as well…"

"REALLY?!" Usagi exclaimed, excited.

"It is not a light matter, Tsukino Usagi. You will have to train very hard in order to become who you need to be."

"I can do it!" she thought determinedly

"I have no doubt that you can, but it will be hard, and you will face many trials… sometimes, I may also take over control of your body too…"

Usagi shivered slightly at hearing the 'take over control of your body' part. She thought of all the horrors that the voice may make her do, but then remembered that the voice said that it would train her how to protect Shingo.

Taking a deep breath, Usagi thought, "Fine. Join with me. As long as you allow me to protect my family."

"Don't worry. It is more of me joining with you than the reverse. I will be there in your mind with you. I will feel what you feel, hear what you hear, and see what you see. I will share some of my memory with you when you need it, yet I will become part of you."

"What do I have to do?" Usagi asked.

"Repeat out loud after me: I, Tsukino Usagi, Serenity, hereby join souls with the traveler known as Adyen until such time as we agree to separate."

Usagi was slightly confused about the Serenity part, but nodded anyways. "I, Tsukino Usagi, Serenity," she said, starting to glow slightly, "hereby join souls with the traveler known as Adyen until such time as we agree to separate."

"And I, Adyen, hereby join our souls together, until such time as we agree to separate. I also swear that I shall do my best to teach this girl all that I can in order for her to be prepared for all that she has to do. With the Name, I do hereby swear so."

A bright glow surrounded Usagi completely, and her eyes flashed gold for a moment before everything returned to normal again.

When Ikuko returned to check on Usagi, all she would find is her daughter glazing lazily at the TV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Author's Notes: As it turns out, I couldn't find out how old Usagi was when Shingo was born, so I estimated from Usagi's height during the R movie… I did use Mamoru's age to approximate, but knowing that he's 3-4 years older than she is doesn't help…

The TV show thing I got from Jendra, who wrote Universal and Universal B. Well, either that, or a fanfic that came from her idea, but I can't remember that much anyways. The idea was good, and it stuck, so I'm using it. Thanks to the person who's fic I read the idea from!