Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Lurker of the Universe! ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Want a disclaimer? Just check my info.

Lurkers of the Universe!

A Fanfic by Adyen (nomadc@home.com)

Chapter 1

Thoughts are in italics while speech is in normal fonts. Spoke thoughts between people is in " ". Any speech between Usagi/Adyen is always done in thought, and any actions that says Adyen did only means that he was in control of the body, so I will still be using she instead of he..

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Usagi woke up from her little bed. Or rather, she was woken up by a voice in her head.

"Morning, sleepy head! Its time to wake up!"

Hearing and seeing no response, Adyen decided to wake up for her. Standing up, she stood up besides her bed and looked at the clock. 5:30 Am. "Good." He thought, looking around, he decided that with Usagi's small body, her room should be enough for what he wanted her to do.

Giving a mental nudge, he woke up Usagi up from her rest.

"What…?" Usagi muttered, then nearly fell when she found herself standing besides her bed.

"Wakey wakey!" Adyen cheerfully said.

"Why are we up so early?" Usagi moaned softly, rubbing her eyes.

"Why, to train of course. You do want to have the power to protect your brother, don't you?" Adyen scolded slightly, putting a frown on Usagi's face.

"What do I have to do?"

"Well, we're going to start with some exercises first…you do want to be strong, don't you?"

"Yes…"

"Just follow the images I show you and stop when I tell you to. I'm also going to teach you some meditative techniques so that you won't need to sleep as much."

"I'll try…" Usagi spluttered as she mentally saw what Adyen wanted her to do…

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

A few months later, little Usagi lay face up on her bed, sweat dripping from her all over her body, taking deep breaths with her eyes closed.

"I'm now going to teach you how to control your emotions."

"Control my emotions?" Usagi asked.

"Yes. I'll trigger an emotion in your mind, and you'll have to try to 'feel' how I did it. I'm guessing that it would take you at least a few months to learn how to do it. If you cannot do this, then I cannot teach you the stronger points of your power."

Curious as to what he means, Usagi thinks, "What do you mean?"

"Here… I'll show you." With that, Adyen mentally nudged all of Usagi's emotions 'off'.

"… I feel… strange." Usagi said with a calm detachment, which is really strange for a three years old child.

"I just 'turned' off all emotions within you for the moment. This is like your 'center', a place where you can concentrate and meditate. When you can reach this 'place' by yourself, then I will teach you more about your power." Having said what he needed to say, Adyen returned Usagi's mind to normal. "But for now, concentrate on what I've already taught you. You won't notice the changes at first, but you'll slowly become more powerful."

"Thank you…" Usagi thought, feeling very tired. "I want to sleep now…"

Before Adyen can reply, Ikuko entered the room and cheerfully said, "Good morning daughter! Rise and shine! Let's get you to brush your teeth!"

"Don't worry…" Adyen chucked. "I won't let you doze off…"

Usagi only groaned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Usagi skipped lightly towards the preschool with Ikuko behind her. It had been nearly two years since she had first joined with Adyen, and she had learned much. Though continued and concentrated mediation, she had managed to achieve the state of emptiness in a year, and there she found what her teacher called, "A whole 'shitload' of unfocused yet continuous power".

She had learned that she used that power even when unaware of herself using it. Over the years, she had found out a wide verity of information from the memories Adyen shared with her. She learned that the reservoir of energy she had was a mixture of mana (or manna, Adyen once told her, depending on where one lived), chi, which was life energy, and ki, which is generated by the human mind/body.

Strangely, he decidedly blocked off her natural ability to pull on those energies. "Until you can control your own body, you shouldn't try to control something else. Not to mention it's good training." After a few moments of having her 'natural' source of energy shut off, Usagi immediately felt a bit heavier and dozed off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

A year afterwards, Usagi was sitting in a lotus position in her room when her teacher brought another surprise upon her. "Usagi? I think its time to being a more serious training."

To say that Usagi was shocked compared to someone saying that the ocean has water. In the previous three years, Usagi had never felt the amount of stress and sheer training ever before. Even though training consists of martial arts, knowledge enhancement, and the recent shut off from the additional energies she used naturally, Usagi had found that her will to protect had not declined because of those hardships. Now, her sensei is saying that there is a way for her to train even more. It was disturbing, to say the least.

"Over the past years, your training has been more than what I could hope for." Adyen started. "You have the potential to become anything you want, and I'm proud of you. Now, I'm going to tap into your magical reservoir and start on exercises designed to strengthen your ability to channel magic while strengthening your physical abilities…"

The moment he finished saying, Usagi felt the distinct rush of energy that her body was currently channeling. Seconds later, a soft black glow surrounded the young Usagi and she felt as if she had almost doubled in weight.

"I'm increasing the gravity around your body."

"Duh…" Usagi managed to croak as she struggled against her doubled weight.

"Oh don't be peevish. First of all, this spell is continuous, so you'll be using your magical abilities almost continuously, and I've already erected a shielding around you so nobody will even smell the spell if they were besides you. Secondly, the Gravity spell will train your body, especially since we're training it without the additional boost from your ki."

"Ung…" was all Usagi managed out as she walked, or crawled, across her room, trying to get used to the new weight.

"I'll admit that it will be a challenge, but you were doing fine without your ki a month ago… even managed run a while kilometer without breaking a sweat. Not to mention doing it at four thirty in the morning."

"And who forced me to?" came Usagi's mental reply as she pushed herself off the floor and slowly walked back towards her bed.

"Hey! Those meditative techniques should allow you; both mentally and physically, need less sleep than the average person... not to mention when I allow you access to your ki and mana again, you probably won't even NEED sleep, unless your mind needs to rest."

"When are you planning to do that?" Usagi asked, sitting down on her bed. "And why isn't my bed breaking under the additional weight?"

"Ah… good questions. You are learning, young grasshoppa… Oh wait. I was thinking of a movie. Anyways, to answer your questions: When you're good enough or sixteen, depending on which one comes first, and because I got a third spell that nullifies your additional weight so that only you would feel them, and nothing that you touch."

Just ask Usagi was about to respond, Ikiko opened the door and walked in. "Usagi-chan… you ready for bed?"

Usagi turned to meet her mother and smiled sweetly like the five years old she was supposed to be. "Hai! Oyasumi nasai!"

Ikiko kissed her child's forehead lightly before saying, "Oyasumi nasai, Usagi-chan." and exiting the room.

Little did the mother know that her child does not sleep at night, but rather enter a meditative trance for more effective forms of rest her mind and body.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Notes: It seems as if this is a straightforward SailorMoon SI, no? Actually, it isn't, so sit tight, because there's more to come in the next chapter!