Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Lurker of the Universe! ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lurkers of the Universe!

A Fanfic by Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Chapter 9

Thoughts are in italics while speech is in normal fonts. Spoken thoughts between people are in " " and italics. Any speech between Adyen and his current host is always done in thought, and any action that says Adyen did only means that he was in control of the body, so I will still be using she instead of he at this time. All characters when not in whatever other form they can be in shall be named with their 'current' name.

Hmm… I'm finding it easier to write this than any of my others… I wonder why? However, a little review isn't too much to ask… It is rather boring to be writing to an unresponsive audience.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Shidou Hikaru walked into her family dojo with her bokken strapped around her waist. She had been learning her family kendo since she could walk and understand the concept of honor.

The first thing she noticed upon entering the dojo was the sound of wood striking wood. At first, she assumed that it was her brother sparing with her father again, but the speed of the clashes changed that. Rather than the steady pace that they always practiced in, the sounds were nearly continuous, a face pace that demanded nothing other than the full power of the Master of the Shidou school of Kendo.

Imagine her surprise when she opened her eyes and found her father, grandmaster of her school of kendo, fighting a strikingly familiar blond haired girl holding a bokken that was made for her size, and winning.

Looking off to the side, she notices a woman sitting on the floor and watching the match silently. Hikaru stiffly walked over to the woman, who she guessed was Usagi's mother, and said, in her most respectful voice, "Konnichiwa. Watashi Shidou Hikaru desu."

The mother figure turned towards her and said, with a polite nod, "Please, no need to be so formal. My name is Tsukino Ikuko, and come, sit down besides me and enjoy the match."

Hikaru promptly sat down besides Ikuko to examine the match. Her first thoughts were that this fight was beautifully terrible. Beautiful in the sense on how fast and precise the strikes that they seemed to shimmer in speed, and terrible in the fact that a young girl that, with Hikaru's best guess, is no older than she, seems to be even faster and stronger than her father.

"Enough."

The participants jumped away from each other. Kisinto wiped his heavy sweat from his forehead while Usagi softly flicked the few sweats from her cheeks. Bowing to each other, they lowered their weapons and walked closer.

"I'll agree to your terms if, and only if, you teach both my daughter Hikaru and my son Lance." Kisinto stated while nodding to Usagi. They headed towards the closest wall to replace the bokken from where he took it.

"Agreed. That will boost the number of people I am training to four, and I'm hoping to add that number by at least two. I'll give you a list of weapons I want and the number later." Usagi said.

Kisinto laughed. "For a little girl, you sure drive a hard bargin."

Giggling, Usagi turned towards Hikaru. "Let's tell your daughter what we were talking about."

"Usagi," Ikuko interrupted. "I'll go set up the account. You'll be alright heading home yourself?"

"I'll be fine." Usagi said as Ikuko smiled and opened the door, letting herself out.

"Let's head into the guest room." Kisinto suggested as the three exited the dojo.

Soon, the trio was sitting around a table, drinking cups of tea and water. Usagi sat opposite to Hikaru as Kisinto took his place as the head of his family.

"So… you will be teaching me and my brother in exchange to use the dojo to teach two others."

Usagi nodded, with her 'mother' having 'left' to deal with money problems, she'll have to answer all the questions. "That's basically it. You'll meet the other two within the week, if your father frees the dojo on schedule."

"But," Hikaru asked, worry forming on her face. "don't you have school to go to?"

Usagi giggled. "Of course, silly, but I'll be here the moment school end. I'll even help you with any work you need done!"

Hikaru smiled, and shared the giggle. "Then I guess I should call you Usagi-sensei!"

Nearly falling out of her chair, Usagi shook her head. "Nononono… Just call me Usagi! We're almost the same age anyways." "Physical age, that is." She mentally corrected herself.

Hikaru nodded as Kisinto looked at Usagi. Physically, she seemed to be of a person around five or six, but she has muscle tone that meant years of growth, and her mannerisms, speech, and even the way she carried herself spoke of the fact that she is older than she seems.

"Well, I have to go now." Usagi said as she got off her seat. "I'll see you tomorrow, if all goes well. The others will come later this week, as they still have stuff to do."

Kisinto nodded and stood up. "Let me send you on your way."

"Thank you." Usagi said as she bowed and walked towards the front door.

Once outside, Usagi proceeded to walk back to her home, thinking about how to bring her friends over to the dojo and being reminded of other things related to a dojo that she has to check out. "I'm sure she can make it… but you're right about checking up with the Tendos."

"Where were you when I needed you?" Usagi asked out loud, ignoring any glances towards her.

"It was a good way to test your abilities without augmentation. You did exceedingly well against someone of Kisinto's caliber, you know." Adyen said, his voice indicating that he was musing over the fight.

"It was like I could see his every move and counter before he could finish it!" Usagi bubbled enthusiastically. "While his strikes shook me, it wasn't that much to hold out against his strength."

"He was going all out." Adyen pointed out. "And thus you learn your first combat that include the terms 'winning' and 'losing'."

"Hai sensei." Usagi droned in a robotic mental voice before laughing out loud at the sheer delightful feeling of testing herself against someone else.

Adyen preformed the equivalent of a mental sigh and muttered, "Kids…" which provoked Usagi even more.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: God knows I should have stopped writing after the battle, but hey… a good writer needs to know when to stop… I'm obviously not a good writer since I'm continuing!

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Usagi deftly leaped up to her room's window and looked around. While it wasn't messy, the door was open, and she was sure that she closed the door after she left that morning. "Oh well…" she sighed. "No help for it now…"

Stopping to put her shoes into her subspace pocket, she sat on the windowsill and thought, "What now, oh great and wonderful sensei?"

"Very funny." Adyen thought back. "If they ask, just say you were out for a walk. If not, why bother telling?"

"But she is my mother."

"Yes, and I'm teaching you for the good of the Universe. If you fail, whatever happened to Usa and Elios' universe will happen to yours as well."

"…" Usagi had no answer to that. Just hours before the Fall happened, her old teacher had told her what happened, and what will happen if they failed… It was something that she did not wish to see happen to this world.

"Come on… let's go, Usagi." Adyen said. "I'm sure your parent and friends are worried."

Nodding to herself, Usagi walked out of the room and down the stairs where she expected the others to be.