Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / XXXHolic Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ The Four Forges ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Four Forges
Author: kunoichiyumemi
Fandom: Magic Knight Rayearth
Pairing: LantisxHikaru FerioxFuu UmixClef
Disclaimer: Magic Knight Rayearth belongs to all producers and companies that produces Magic Knight Rayearth, including but not limited to Clamp.
Summary: The world of Cephiro has been saved, and as the years pass, the visits from the one time Magic Knights become less and less common until they stop altogether. One day, when a sudden burst of light appears, Clef, Lantis, and Ferio find themselves caught in another world and are given a heart breakingly familiar ultimatium which had once been delivered to the former Magic Knights when they first encountered the denizens of Cephiro almost seven years prior: Save a world which they have nothing to do with and return home safely, or fail and die with as the world around them crumbles into shadow and void.
Note: Extreme OOCness and very AU along with hints of crossovers from xxxHolic and X/1999. Follows both Manga and anime.

Prophesy of the Four Forges
 
Four Forges Dire in the sky
Terra's Silent Guardians.
Wind, Water, Fire, and Earthen Forge
Together guard Seven Seals.
When Earthen Forge made her own world,
Terra lost a Forge and gained a Seal.
When Wind, Water, and Fire Forge
Come to seek the Earthen Forge
Earth Forge and her world shall fail.
If Earthen Forge should fall
Then Fire Forge must remain
Gathering the Shards of her heart,
And save the world of Earthen Forge.
Yet when Earthen Forge falls,
So too do the Seven Seals,
And the remaining Forges Dire
Will summon the Three Night Wizards.
Three sorcerers from another world
To the remaining Forges Bound,
Shall destroy Terra's Pillar
And give rise to new Seals.
When this is done, Fire Forge shall depart
And leave Wind And Water to rebuild.
When Terra has been reborn,
Wind and Water shall follow Fire
To their hearts dear love
In the World where Fire is Pillar.
 
Prologue


The sky lightened from inky black to dark violet as streaks of gold, pinks, pale violets and reds dyed the early morning sky as the sun rose. A girl clad in a loose white gown, a single blood red jewel rested in the valley between her breasts as thin wires of gold wrapped around her neck and shoulders. She stood on a weathervane on top of the tower and stared out over the city with bright red eyes as a crisp morning wind whipped her unbound waist length red hair and the long folds of her skirt about her. The winds picked up speed and strength andto the right of the girl, spun into the form of a woman before it gained detail and color, and soon, another girl with green eyes and shoulder length golden brown curls, dressed similarly to the first but with a forest green jewel and a pair of round glasses perched on her dainty nose appeared, standing on a firm disk of swirling winds. Then on the first girl's other side, water droplets coalased into the form of another girl with blue eyes and waist length cerulean hair, dressed similarly to the others but for the sky blue jewel appeared, and she stood on a disk of swirling water.

"Hikaru-san?" the golden haired girl said, "You are the Fire Forge?"

The redhead smiled sadly. "Yes," she replied, "I have been the Fire Forge since my predecessor died four years ago."

"I didn't know that you were the Wind Forge, Fuu," the blue haired girl said.

"Umi-san!" Fuu cried in surprise, "Then you are the the Water Forge?"

"Yes," Umi said, "Which means you are the Wind Forge?"

"Yes," Fuu said, "I just found out a little while ago."

"Me too," Umi said, "So, Hikaru, Princess Hinoto told us that our duties as Forges would begin immediately, and that you would explain it to us. And also, when are we going to meet the Earth Forge?"

Hikaru closed her eyes. "We met the Earth Forge once, seven years ago."

"We did?" Fuu asked, "I do not remember it."

"Me neither," Umi said.

"You do not remember because at the time you did not know who she was," Hikaru said, "But we did meet her. She was the one who started the events that allowed our friendship to form."

"Princess Emeraude?!" Umi and Fuu exclaimed.

"Yes," Hikaru said, "And I am sorry to say that the two of you have become Forges at the worst possible time. Without the Earth Forge, the Seven Seals that hold our world together has nothing to Anchor themselves to, and that means that our world, Terra, is crumbling."

"So our first task as Forges is to save our world?" Fuu asked, "How sad! What do we do? Neither Umi-san nor I know what our duties as Forges are!"

"But we already saved another world! Twice even!" Umi cried.

Hikaru sighed and said, "We will not be doing the saving this time around. This time, we are the guides who play different parts in helping the ones who will be saving Terra to complete their destiny."

In the distance, a warm golden light shot into the sky. It glowed, A pillar that was almost beautiful in its desperation, and the light shone for what seemed like an eternity to the three Forges perched on the Tokyo Tower before it shimmered and vanished.

"And there it is," Hikaru said sadly, "The Princess has summoned the Legendary Night Wizards who will save Terra. I will show you the way to the Temples of Wind and Water, Umi-chan, Fuu-chan, and I will explain the parts that Wind and Water Forges will play in the upcoming events. In the meantime, the Master Mage Miyaka will meet the Night Wizards, and guide them to us. Fuu-chan will be the first one they will meet, so we do not have much time... There is much to do. Follow me."

---

Seven years had passed in Cephiro. Seven long years since that desperate battle to find Cephiro's Pillar, seven years since the shadow of Debonair had been defeated, seven joyous, peace filled years since the Pillar System had been abolished and the legend of the Magic Knights rendered obsolete. But at the same time, it had been four years since the new Pillar and the Former Magic Knight of Fire had visited, and two years since the Magic Knights of Water and Wind had visited. Various people throughout Cephiro were deeply saddened and dearly missed their beloved knights.

---

Lantis stood on the tallest part of the Palace of Cephiro and stared out at the stars. His hand clenched tightly around the handkerchief that his beloved had left behind on her last visit to Cephiro. The Magic Swordsman missed his Pillar dearly.

"Where are you, Hikaru?" he murmured, "Why have you not returned to Cephiro?"

The wind carried away his words into the distance.

Lantis stood there for a while longer before turning away. There was work to be done, and no doubt, Master Mage Clef was overwhelmed by the workload.

A sudden flash of light caused him to stop in his tracks and turn to see a woman with long silver hair done up in four loops at the top of her head, and pale markings on her forehead and pale blue eyes clad in pale pink and red floating in the light, her hands clasped to her chest, and her expression pleading.

"This world!" she called, "Please, save Terra, oh Legendary Night Wizards!"

The ground beneath his feet vanished, and Lantis blinked for a moment as he saw a group of islands clustered near a continent and then realized that he was standing on nothing. The moment the thought passed through his mind, his eyes widened in panic, and Lantis was falling through the sky and the islands grew larger, and a city rushed toward his sight until he could pick out individual buildings, and then he was on a tower in front of a young woman with brown eyes and her raven locks put up in two buns on her head, clad in a woman's black business suit with a black pencil skirt and high heels, and beside him were Clef and Ferio.

---

Clef slumped bonelessly into the throne, his staff held lightly in his hands. A discussion with the governor of the colony from Chizeta, a trade meeting with Fahren, a diplomatic meeting with Autozam who were wondering how much longer it would be before their president's son would be recovered, thirteen protective spells, four long distance communications, and twenty one reports of a sudden increase in the monster population later, had left the Master Mage exhausted.

He had gotten soft, he thought, especially while the Magic Knights had been prone to weekly visits. During those visits, they would all take part in the duties that were a part of ruling Cephiro, and even Hikaru, though it wasn't wholly neccessary, would be the perfect pillar, praying for Cephiro's well being. During those years, his workload had been much, much lighter. even now, despite having Lafarga, Lantis, Ferio, Ascot, Presea, and Caldina helping to run Cephiro, there was still much to do. Most of Presea's time was taken up with her duties as a Pharle, since it seemed that many warriors were going through their weapons like water runs through a stream at this time. Ascot, Lafarga, and Caldina were running about the country killing monsters and generally keeping the peace. Lantis was alternating between pining for Hikaru, lending his strong will to ensuring Cephiro's well being, running about the countryside killing monsters, and helping Clef with the diplomatic work. Ferio was also following a similar schedule as Lantis, although the younger brother of the late Princess Emeraude seemed to spend more time killing monsters than pining after Fuu.

Despite all of this, the Master Mage was still exhausted. There was just too much work!

A sudden flash of light caused him to leap to his feet and tilt his head up to see a woman with long silver hair done up in four loops at the top of her head, and pale markings on her forehead and pale blue eyes clad in pale pink and red floating in the light, her hands clasped to her chest, and her expression pleading.

"This world!" she called, "Please, save Terra, oh Legendary Night Wizards!"

The ground beneath his feet vanished, and Clef blinked for a moment as he saw a group of islands clustered near a continent and then realized that he was standing on nothing. The moment the thought passed through his mind, his eyes widened in panic, and Clef was falling through the sky and the islands grew larger, and a city rushed toward his sight until he could pick out individual buildings, and then he was on a tower in front of a young woman with brown eyes and her raven locks put up in two buns on her head, clad in a woman's black business suit with a black pencil skirt and high heels, and on either side of him were Ferio and Lantis.

---

Ferio sat in the tree, the partner to the orb he had given Fuu held lightly in his gloved hand. He tilted his head back and stared at the stars through the leafy branches and sighed.

"Fuu..." he murmured, a lifetime's worth of love and longing in that single syllable.

A sudden flash of light caused him to flinch and he tilted his head up to see a woman with long silver hair done up in four loops at the top of her head, and pale markings on her forehead and pale blue eyes clad in pale pink and red floating in the light, her hands clasped to her chest, and her expression pleading.

"This world!" she called, "Please, save Terra, oh Legendary Night Wizards!"

The branch beneath him vanished, and Ferio blinked for a moment as he saw a group of islands clustered near a continent and then realized that he was sitting on nothing. The moment the thought passed through his mind, his eyes widened in panic, and Ferio was falling through the sky and the islands grew larger, and a city rushed toward his sight until he could pick out individual buildings, and then he was on a tower in front of a young woman with brown eyes and her raven locks put up in two buns on her head, clad in a woman's black business suit with a black pencil skirt and high heels, and beside him were Clef and Lantis.

---

Shion Miyaka was a curt, no nonsence woman who had become Princess Hinoto's Master Mage because she was well versed in all forms of magic although her main affinity was Wind Magic. She had sensed the three who would be Night Wizards the moment they finished their transition from their own world into Terra, and by the use of her wind element, had brought them safely to her on roof of the special veiwing platform of the Tokyo Tower. Her sharp hazel eyes picked up seperate naunces from each of the three that the Princess's summons had brought here, and knew without a doubt as she laid eyes on the seeming youngest of the three, that she was looking at another Master Mage. Nevertheless, she thought as she studied them, there would be a lot of work needed in order to allow these three to survive Tokyo, although if the significant looks Princess Hinoto had exchanged with the Fire Forge before this entire fiasco had begun were any indication, the Fire Forge would do everything in her power to head off any dangers or enemies that might beset these fledgling Night Wizards.

"So you three are the ones the Pillar has summoned to the be Night Wizards?" Miyaka said as the city below came to life. "Welcome to Terra, the First World created by the Creator, the Entity known as Mokona Monotogari. You are here to pay off a debt that your former Pillar, the Princess Emeraude, owes to our Pillar, the Princess Hinoto, for the use of three of our Children whom you call the Legendary Magic Knights. If you wish to return to your home, Sorcerers from another world, Know that you cannot do so unless you become the Legendary Night Wizards and save this world."

---

TBC
---
Er... yeah... hehe... --sweatdrops-- Not quite sure exactly what I was thinking when I wrote this...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Magic Knight Rayearth 3 The Four Forges Cephiro will repay her debt to Terra