Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sanctuary ❯ Sanctuary ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sanctuary
 
I suppose, I look like any other girl nearing the end of her high school life. Everyone's busily writing entrance exams for one university or another. I, myself am studying and writing-submitting the necessary information to the schools' of desire. Usually I am a fairly easy going person; I take things in stride, and I've endured a lot within my eightteen years of life. Even so, it would seem as though even I was unable to avoid the pressures of my scholastic life.
 
Luckily, there's somewhere I can go to get away from it all. No, I'm not talking about one of those karaoke rooms-although Fuu is really fond of them. Actually, the place I'm talking about is a secret that only two other people in the entire world know about. That place isn't even on earth, if you'll believe it. The place I'm talking about is in another dimension. That place is called Cephiro.
 
Umi, Fuu, and I make it a point to visit at least once a month and depending on what we're doing-how busy our lives are, decides whether we visit more often or less often than that.
 
There was a time when we could go there for there for almost an infinite amount of time, return to earth and everything would be as it was when we left. That is to say, no time passed on Earth. But now the discrepancy is only that of a few minutes. So we have to limit our visits further to just one or two days when we do go. We lie and tell our parents, in my case my brothers that we're spending the weekend over at the other's home.
 
I don't like lying, but it can't be helped. Saying that you go and visit another world sounds far fetched. I realize that, though there were several instances where I tried to tell my brothers. They didn't believe me either; they laughed it off as some joke until I persisted with my story. At one point, Kakeru smiled and patted my shoulder and said I had a vivid imagination. Maseru said something along the same lines, while my eldest brother took me aside and asked me in private if everything was okay, if school was stressful.
 
I gave up trying to convince them when my mother caught wind of the tale, during a rare spell where she was home. She threatened to send me off for a psychiatric evaluation if I didn't stop `spouting such inappropriate lies'. You'd be surprised how a parent's words can quickly change what you say. From then on Cephiro was a story that I'd made up for school. I told them that was sorry and that I'd let my imagination run wild.
 
I'm getting tired of hiding the truth though. So is Umi, and Fuu and I've decided that I'm gonna try and tell my family again, because now I think I'm strong enough now, I think I can give them proof. Now I think I can take them there and maybe even summon people from Cephiro here to Earth.
 
No. I don't think, I know. I know we can.
 
<Author's Notes: Wow. I haven't written in the MKR fandom in so long-my, oh my. This is just a oneshot to try and get me back into the Rayearth writing mood ^-^ I just got the first season on DVD for Christmas so I'm sure that'll help me inspiration wise-right after I watch Thunder Cats.
 
I've chosen to keep this a oneshot for more than on reason. For starters, I have far too many fics on the go to be starting something new I think. Secondly this is a drabble that I wrote up about a year or so ago and I can't for the life of me remember exactly where I wanted to go with this-if I ever do, I'll be sure to add onto this story. Thirdly-actually I don't have a third reason. That's pretty much it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this first person drabble-happy holidays.>