Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Major Misunderstanding ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Major Misunderstanding
I own only Brent, Falco and Averus.

A large group of students had gathered around a cute, short, tanned, white haired girl who looked at them with an amused grin on her face and one eye open. Brent was standing off to the side covered in sweat from an intense twelve hour training session his brother had just put him through with a big smile on his face.

“Oh-oh, no! Ku Fei is surrounded by bad guys!” Negi shouted next to him.

“But this happens everyday!” Kaede said “’Chubuken’ captain Ku Fei is today’s sure favorite to win.”

“Yeah… I think that my brother hasn’t let me sleep for nearly a week.” Brent said randomly as he watched Ku beat the shit out of all her challengers before ending in a pose.

“You weak!” She said happily “There no more ones what is strong?”

She looked over and saw Negi and friends watching.

“Negi-bozu, Ni-hao!” she said happily.

“Ku Fei-san! Good morning!” Negi replied.

Unfortunately she didn’t see one of the fighters rise up off the ground behind him.

“IT’S NOT OVER YET CAPTAIN FEI!” The man shouted.

“GYAAH!” Negi screamed.

“Negi-kun!” Konoka shrieked as she panicked.

Next thing anyone knew Ku had maneuvered Negi behind her and knocked the guy out.

“Negi-bozu is okay?!” She said as she ruffled her hair “I sorry!”

Later that day at the end of class

“Take good notes because this’ll be on the test.” Negi said.

At the back of class Brent had his head on his desk snoring softly as the bell rang waking him up.

“Okay then! That’s it for today.” Negi said as the class stood and bowed.

“If I might have a word, Ku Fei-san?” Negi asked.

“Eh? Word is with me?” She asked.

A murmur ran through the class at this comment as Negi thought for a second.

“Will you meet me this afternoon at the giant steps before the world tree plaza please?” He asked.

“Is okay but…” Ku started.

“Thank you! Later then.” Negi shouted before leaving.

The entire class began a heated discussion about Negi loving Ku Fei. Brent tried to explain that Ku wasn’t Negi’s type but was ignored. Finally he left in exasperation and left to wait with Ku Fei. He knew that Kazumi would probably loose all rational thought and think this was a scandal that she could get a scoop on… then again she was smart enough to realize how ridiculous this was. Ku stood there munching on a bag of chips with him leaning on a nearby wall.

“What do you think Negi-bozu wants Ku-chan?” He asked.

“I no know.” She said.

Brent could hear the commotion the spying girls were making in the bushes nearby and sighed at how bad their tunnel vision was. He thought he caught Makie asking the Rep what he was doing here followed by Ayaka saying he must have been there to stop the relationship before it began. Negi showed up and walked over to Ku who had finished the bag.

“What you want?” She asked curiously.

“Y’know I think I’ll go over there for a little bit.” Brent said before dashing away.

With the spying girls

“Where’d Nakitaka-san go?” Ayaka asked.

“Y’know you girls have a crazy imagination.” Brent said from next to Ayaka’s ear.

“YEEAHmmph!” Ayaka screamed before being silenced by Sakurako’s hand.

“Nakitaka-san!” Haruna screamed as she tried to slap him.

He easily caught her wrist and stopped her. Ayaka was just about to shout at him too when fate intervened. His brother Falco leaping seemingly out of nowhere shouting loudly.

“HEY LITTLE BROTHER!” Falco shouted loudly “WHO’RE ALL THESE BABES?”

All the girls screamed loudly before Falco was punched by a furious Ayaka. They calmed down and turned to look at Negi and Ku again just in time to see Negi throw a punch at Ku who easily countered it, twisted him around and pinned him to her. They moved their faces in very close… unfortunately the girls around him thought they were hugging. Negi than started to speak quite loudly.

“The truth is… Ku Fei, that I…” He said loudly.

“SO HE IS CONFESSING!” Nodoka, Makie, and Ayaka shouted simultaneously.

“You girls aren’t listening to me!” Brent shouted angrily.

They then heard Asuna’s voice.

“Negi, Setsuna-san says she’s never gone bowling or tried karaoke. So we thought we’d take her out. Wanna come with?” Asuna asked.

“You too, Ku-chan.” Konoka added.

“Oh, yes! I go! I go!” Ku said happily.

“For you Setsuna-san, absolutely lets go!” Negi said.

“What rotten timing too…” Misa started to say.

“Great, now I gotta see this through till the end…!” Ayaka shouted charging out of the bushes.

“Ayaka, hey!” Sakurako shouted.

“Subtle she’s not.” Haruna said.

“…Negi-sensei, imagine seeing you here!” Ayaka shouted as she ran up the stairs “Why I’d love to go bowling with you!”

Brent sighed as he noticed Falco had vanished before standing up and calmly walking over to join the growing group.

-Bowling Alley-

23 members of class 3-A wound up arriving to go bowling. Brent sat behind the ball racks with Kazumi watching the girls, hormone fueled, overactive imaginations get them in trouble. He watched as Ayaka and Makie glared at Ku Fei while Nodoka just looked on with a surprised expression. Suddenly Ayaka exploded.

“I CAN’T DO IT! I’M SORRY!!” She screamed “EVEN IF THAT IS HOW NEGI-SENSEI FEEL’S, I CAN’T ACCEPT IT!”

“Class rep!” Makie shouted

“Even if the heavens themselves were to open up and make it a decree, I, Ayaka Yukihiro, could not let it go on!!” Ayaka shouted.

From nowhere she got a glove and threw it at Ku who caught it.

“Consider this a challenge, Ku Fei-san!!” Ayaka said.

“If challenge, then I accept always!” Ku responded.

Ayaka turned to Makie and Nodoka shouting angrily.

“You two getting this!? Whoever loses, gives up forever!!” She shouted.

“What?!” Nodoka shouted in panic.

“President, wait, don’t!” Makie shouted back.

“I no know what going on, but is you sure?” Ku asked “Remember I good at everything but study.”

“Just don’t come crying to me when you lose!” Ayaka said with a mad glint in her eyes.

“You pick challenge!” Ku shouted.

“Bowling! One round only!” The Rep shouted back.

This got the class excited as they gathered to watch. Brent then had to watch Ayaka and Makie score high while Nodoka got gutter balls. Ku Fei however got nothing but strikes, in the end the score was Ayaka 269, Makie 229, Nodoka 17, and Ku Fei 300.

“IS MY WIN!” Ku shouted happily while jumping around happily.

Ayaka had feinted, Nodoka started to cry, and Makie was sad.

“Like I ever had a chance of beating that…” Makie said sadly “Still a loss is a loss… I gotta make good.”

She then clasped Negi’s hands and looked him in the eye.

“That was a good score, Makie-san!” He said “Eh?”

“Negi-kun…” She said “I’ll be pulling for your romance, Negi-kun, from the sidelines. Good luck!”

“OWAH?” Negi shouted in confusion.

Meanwhile Brent was walking over to Nodoka and was about to tell her she was mistaken.

“Great! I lost! Now what?!” She asked herself.

Yue and Haruna reached her before he could.

“What have you gotten yourself into?!” Yue asked in alarm.

“Wait…” Brent tried and failed to interrupt thus not hearing Nodoka’s response.

“…A it just had to be a bowling match, huh? How dumb are you?!” Haruna shouted.

“Hey you got it wrong.” He said but was ignored again.

“You okay letting Ku-Fei take Negi-kun from you Nodoka!?” Haruna shouted as she shook her friend “Are you giving up on me?! Love is a battle! You confessed your feelings ages ago, meaning you’re ahead, not her!”

Nodoka was getting disoriented as her friend continued.

“Look, find a way to get him alone, push him down (“Push him down?” Nodoka asked.) and kiss him or whatever and make him (“M-Make him?” Nodoka asked.) love you back.” Haruna shouted madly.

“I can’t!” Nodoka shouted back.

“Oh yes you can, too!!” Haruna shouted again “Look, he’s headed for the restrooms! Now’s your chance!”

“Oh-okay… I’ll try.” Nodoka said before dashing after Negi.

Seven minutes later the two of them were on their way back, both with big smiles on their faces. Brent missed the first part of what Haruna shouted but caught the second.

“Nodoka how’d it go?!” She shouted.

“A-all the way I guess.” Nodoka whispered.

“WHAT?! What’d you do?! Kiss him? Push him down? Tell me!!” Haruna shouted.

“WE TALKED ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!” Nodoka cried happily “If I died this year I’d be happy.”

Haruna did a face plant as Yue pushed a button on her phone.

“Seven minutes of chit-chat… a new record.” Yue said.

Brent left to follow Negi as he walked over to Ku Fei. He listened to Negi ask her if she would train him in martial arts and then Brent started laughing as Ku Fei was chased by Ayaka, Haruna, and Makie.

“I tried to tell all of you that I’m dating Ku Fei!” Bryan shouted amidst his laughter.

“Wait!” Haruna said as she slid to a stop “I thought you were dating Asakura-san?”

“I’m dating both of them.” Brent said matter-of-factly.

“WHAT!?” Ayaka shouted before appearing in his face with a furious expression “YOU’RE TWO TIMING ASAKURA-SAN!”